Chapter 64

You Who Came From The Stars

Tiffany wasn't sure why she was bothering with makeup. It wasn't like she wanted to impress him because hello, no interest in creeps, thank you and a good day.

No, she thought as she applied mascara, it definitely wasn't that. It was more like she needed to be armed before she got near him because he rubbed her the wrong way. And these feminine wiles were her defense against it. She needed to look cool and unruffled so she could feel that way.

She glanced at herself in the mirror and applied another coat of colorless gloss, smacking them together to get it even. Hmm, she looked good. Cold and uninviting. She pinned her hair firmly into place because loose locks were a friendly look. She was going for a decidedly unfriendly one so he wouldn't mistake her interaction for interest in him.

Then yelped, glancing at the clock. If she were a second late, he wouldn't let her hear the end of it. No, she had to be there before him, so she could bug him about punctuality. Grabbing her bag, she dashed outside.

Mei had no idea she was skipping her class to meet up with the creep for her sake. She would've done it alone if she could've but for this, unfortunately, she needed his help.

You'd better be very grateful, Mei, she thought as she arrived at the practice field. The quarter finals match was taking place in the university stadium whereas this giant field was reserved for within campus matches and practice. And every year, for the funfair.

The stalls were being set up now, while the match went on, so that everything would be in place for the customers when they came out. Right now, there were only workers around as they fixed up the rides and set up the sound systems.

Thankfully, she arrived early – by a few seconds but who cared – because Sehun looked completely disappointed to see her standing there.

Ha, in your face! She thought gloatingly.

…………………...

Sehun was annoyed.

By her hair, so neatly piled up on her head, not even a strand out place.

Cool as you please, leaning back on her heels, the picture of unruffled perfection. And she was exactly on time. It just made him want to mess her up.

An urge he resisted as he sidled beside her. She gave him a cool smile. 'Hi.'

He raised a brow at that. Really? That's all she had to say to him after calling him all the way here? 'What is it?' He demanded rudely.

She pursed her lips and he took erse satisfaction in the act, noting she hadn't skipped on gloss. Well, of course, he was irresistible.

'Will it kill you to be polite?' She asked snobbishly.

Ugh, he hated snobs. 'Will it kill you to get to the point?' He returned.

She closed her eyes as if praying for patience, then huffed. 'We need to plan how and where we're going to get them together. Do you have the stall names?

As a part of the charm, the stalls of the funfair were kept secret until the opening so everyone could be properly surprised. She'd asked him get the information.

Smiling triumphantly, he whipped out a paper. 'This?'

She tried to grab it but he pulled back, using his height to keep it out of her reach. When she couldn't reach it even on her tiptoes, she gave up with a huff. Glad to have irritated her, he cleared his throat and started reading the names.

'What's this Tizzy Dizzy?' She asked, interrupting him. He rolled his eyes – it wasn't like he'd expected any better – then read the description. 'A mini rollercoaster ride with numerous ups and downs that are sure to get your head dizzy and put you in a tizzy…' rolled his eyes again at the silly description.

'That sounds good.' She had a finger on her lips and he noted with fascination that her lower lip was plumper than her upper one. Quite pouty.

'What's good about this ty description?' he asked, still fascinated as she pursed it at his crude language.  

'I think it'd be a good place to get them to bond. Roller coasters are very popular and the line takes a long time. If we get them in, they'd have to spend time together while they wait for their turn.'

That made sense, Sehun supposed. 'I guess so…' then remembered something important. 'But we'd have to call them back because Luhan can't get on roller coasters.'

'Why?'

Her eyes snapped to his and he noticed, with the same fascination he'd felt for her lips, that her eyes were quite big. Mascaraed. Pfft, who was she trying to fool with that cool image? She obviously had the hots for him. And really, who could blame her?

'He's afraid of heights.'

'Okay, we'll figure something out. What else?' she commanded and he wanted to be offended by her tone but he was doing this for Mei and Luhan. So he bore with it.

'This one's interesting.' He stopped at the name 'Scare Fare'. 'Pay the fares to get the scares you've only felt in your nightmares.'

'Come again?' She muffled a derisive laugh.

'Ya, I'm not responsible for the descriptions. Whoever it was has a crappy sense of humor.'

'Very punny.' She cracked. He rolled his eyes before going on. 'Horror houses are the best places to go for on a date.' He told her.

'Seriously?' She rose a skeptic brow.

'Tch!' Was it so hard to see? 'The girl gets scared and jumps into the guys arm. Perfect cuddling within seconds with no initial awkwardness.' He knew that from experience with a certain someone (cough, cough). 'It's perfect.'

'I resent your assumption that it’s the girl who gets scared.' She told him, and it was obvious she'd gotten his reference. 'It could be the guy who screams and grabs on to the girl first. It all depends on the situation.'

'Oh, is that a dare?' He mocked, looking down at her.

'You wish.' She told him smartly but her cheeks were flushed. Sehun smirked as she continued. 'We are talking about Mei and Luhan.'

'Sure we are.' He cooed, annoying her even more. She clenched her teeth before talking. 'Can you hand over the list? I'd like to take a look.'

'Here you go.' He deliberately trailed his fingers against hers when she grabbed the paper, smirking. Then leaned his shoulder against the tree they were standing under, looking at her as she read the list. It was a pity she was so irritating and waspish otherwise he totally could've been having a good time now.

But no, she just had to be like this.

And she had tie up her hair. It was bugging him more the longer he looked at it. So he glanced around to see no one was looking, and pointed his finger towards her head.

His control wasn’t as good as it could've been but he was dexterous enough to have her pins pulled out, using small, concentrated bursts of wind, until her hair was loosened. Not completely – that would come later – but enough that tendrils escaped and framed her face, making her look softer and less like a wasp ready to sting.  

Satisfied, he closed his eyes, letting her chatter on while he grunted in reply.

………………………

A/N

>u< Luhan and Mei better be ready with these two idiots cooking up the plan haha