Together

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN POV

Unni came along with Hakyeon oppa and Hyuk and waited along with me. The clock keep ticking. Two hours have passed but the doctor is not out yet with any update about Jongin. Unni never left my side once she took a seat beside me. She kept my back to calm me down from my crying. What happened a few hours ago still have not sink in. I still couldn’t believe what just happened. Everything just happened in a flash. Earlier on, we were just having fun and now we are here waiting for a miracle to happen.

“Jieun ah… don’t worry too much. Everything will be just fine.” Unni said as she my back. Those words made me tear up again.

“I really hope that everything will be fine.” I said in between my sobs. Right then, the door open and a doctor appeared.

“Patient Kim Jongin?” the doctor asked as he look for any responses from us.

“I’m his wife.” I announce and the doctor smiled.

“Ah Mrs Kim… well you don’t have to worry about your husband. Although he lost a lot of blood just now. But thankfully we are able to get him out of the critical stage. He required 10 stiches on the stomach but he will be just fine. For now it is best if he don’t walk around. We will transfer him to the ward.” And with that he left us. Jongin oppa was then brought to the ward with us following at the back.

When we walked into the room, I was his unconscious body lying on the bed. It made me feel guilty. If only he wasn’t there to save me, I would be the one lying on the bed right now.

“Unni if you want to get any food, go and get it. I’ll be here waiting. You have stayed with me for 2 hours. You must be hungry.” I told unni.

“Do you want to get some food? I can get it for you, if you want.” Unni asked as she stood up and took her wallet from her beg.

“It’s okay unni. I’m fine. Go fill up your own stomach okay.” I told them.

“Are you sure? You need energy too. It’s okay. I will get you some bread and coffee.” Hyuk said. And with that everyone left me and headed down towards the café.

I took a seat beside oppa and look at his face. He look quite pale. I took his right hand and hold it with both my hand. Warmth. The warmth that I missed for more than a year. I couldn’t be more thankful that I still given a chance to see him again after what happened just now.

“I would be lying if I say that I don’t miss you. To be honest, even when I left the house, I never once stop thinking about you. Although at that moment I know I no longer stand a chance to be with you, I never stop loving you and I keep on praying for your happiness that I can never give you. And now… we bump into each other again. Is this a sign?” I was having my own monologue.

“But why now? Why now, when I met someone new. I’m confused. I’m really confused.” Once I completed the sentence, I felt a movement in my hand. It was Jongin’s oppa fingers. I looked at him at his eyes were slowly open.

“Ji-jieun ah” He whispers into the oxygen mask. I stood up and press the button to get help from the nurses.

“Oppa, you are awake. Hold on, the nurses are coming.” he then held my hand.

“Ji-jieun ah… are… you… okay? They didn’t… hurt you right?” he said. He sounded breathless while talking in the oxygen mask. Right then, tears were filling up my view.

“Oppa, I am fine. Don’t worry.” I assured him. I quickly wipe away the tears that was staining my cheeks.

“That is great.” And he smiled. With that, the nurses and the doctor came in and help him with the oxygen mask.

“Hello Mr Kim. Can you hear me?” He nodded.

“Okay, I will do a brief checkup on you for now.” He nod again. And the doctor did a quick check up.

“How is he?” I asked the doctor.

“For now he need more rest. His body is still weak and if possible make sure that he do not move around just yet.” The doctor told me.

“Thank you.” With that he smiled and walk out of the room. I walked and sat at the seat beside the bed.

“Oppa do you need anything? Drink? Fruit?” I asked and oppa just smile at me and shook his head signaling a ‘no’ to me.

“Oppa you should rest some more.” I told him.

“No it’s okay. I’m good.” He said softly. He was still weak. He look at me and smile.

“I’m happy that you are unhurt. I was really worried about you. You should have just went up yesterday.” Oppa said and guilt just came over me. I played with my fingers, couldn’t even look at him straight.

“Oppa… I am really sorry. If not for what you did yesterday, I would not be seating here now.” I held my tears but it continued to wet the face. Oppa then took my hand.

“Jieun ah… I am fine. Don’t worry about me. And don’t feel guilty. It’s not your fault. I did it on my own accord. I just want you to be safe. That’s all.” He said as he the back of my hand.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t do that again. I was really afraid that you would leave me. I was so scared.” I told him. He pulled me up and embrace me into his hug. He lightly my hair. The warmth that I missed so much. I hugged him back, only to hear from oppa.

“Oppa why?” I break the hug and check on him.

“You hug me too tightly. My wound is still not fully heal yet.” Oppa said and smile.

“Oppa sorry. I forgot about that.” He wiped my tears and with that unni, oppa and hyuk came in.

“Oh Jongin ssi, you are awake already. Are you okay?” unni asked and he nod shyly.

“So you are Kim Jongin? Hi I am Cha Hakyeon. I’m this lady fiancé.” Hakyeon oppa offer his hand and Jongin oppa shook his hand.

“I am Han Sanghyuk... Jieun …” Hyuk introduced himself but was interrupted by oppa.

“You must be Jieun’s boyfriend. Nice meeting you.” Hyuk looked at me and back at Jongin oppa.

“Ah yes. Nice meeting you too.” Hyuk said. I could feel the awkward atmosphere in the room. However, with oppa and unni voice, the room was once again noisy. Thanks to them.

------------------------------------------------

“Thank you for visiting me. See you again.” Jongin oppa said to the three of them as they left the room.

“Jieun ah don’t stay too late okay?” Unni said before she left the room with the two guys.

“Okay unni.” I told her.

“Jieun ah call me when you are done.” Hyuk told me and followed behind the couple.

“See you later.” I told him and went back to the seat.

“You should have just follow them back home. You know I’m alright already.” Jongin oppa said to me as he adjust his seating position on the bed.

“No it’s okay. And by the way, oppa cannot move yet so I will always be here to help you if you need anything.” I said.

“Jieun… Sanghyuk is really a nice guy. I’m glad you met him and not other guys. I could see that he really love you. You know, I don’t mind if you two get together. You two look great too.” Oppa said as he looked at me.

“Oppa let’s not talk about this. Oppa you need to rest.” I tried to change the topic.

“Jieun ah. I’m serious here. Like I said earlier on, I will leave you once I’m discharge from this hospital.” Oppa said. I could sense the seriousness in his firm tone.

“Fine, if you want to talk about this. Then let’s talk.” I told him. I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter