away

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN POV

It’s already 9 am. Doctor Jang will be here any moment. From what he said to omma and appa, I can be discharge today if everything is good. I’m just left with constant checkup after this. Once I leave this place, I will continue my studies and graduate with the rest. I had a good rest I would say. Everything will be alright after this. I hope. But then… I remembered omma reminding Baek oppa to inform Jongin about my condition right now. The name Jongin… it’s almost 2 months since we see each other. I don’t want him to leave Daeun just because he found out about my condition. He cannot leave Daeun just like that. Daeun love him so much and so does he.

Daeun is going to kill me if she found out that oppa is going to visit me. Why is it always like this? As much as I want to live, I also hope that I can disappear in everyone’s life. I don’t want them to be worried about me. I don’t want them to think that I’m incapable of doing things independently. How should I disappear- oh yes. There’s only one way I guess. Run away. I know, this will sound so cliché. But isn’t that the only way I have, to disappear from everyone life. Yes I know, this is also childish and immature of me to run away from everything. But I guess, this is the best way for all of us. The bandage around my head is going to be soo obvious. Can I do that? There must be a way to it. By hook or by crook, I will do it. And the mission begins…

“Morning Jieun, I am sure you are ready to go back right.” Doctor Jang said as he make his way towards my bed.

“Well, I have prepare every document for you. We will just have to wait for someone to take care of it. Do you know who is picking you up?” he asked as he was looking through the report on his clipboard.

“If I’m not wrong it’s Baekhyun oppa. He will be here any minute I guess.” I replied.

“Ahh. Okay. I’ll leave all of the documents at the counter. I’ll be there later on so don’t worry. I’ll see you later.” Doctor Jang said and left the room.

After Doctor Jang left, I quickly get ready so that when oppa come I am ready to do my mission. Right then, oppa came. Alone.

“Morning Jieun ah. Are you ready to go?” I simply nod.

“Oh yah. This is your new clothes. Change into this while I go out and settle the documents. After this we go out for breakfast okay? I’ll wait outside okay. Once you are done, wait for me at the counter.” Oppa left my clothes on the bed and left. I quickly take the new clothes that was prepared and change it in the toilet. Once I was ready. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room. Instead of turning right, I turn left to avoid using the main way. I was hoping that no one, just no one, not even one nurse who can recognize me. I manage to reach the staircase without me saying a word to anyone. Okay, I am so not ready for early workout as soon as I was discharge from this hospital. Just why oh why am I on level 15. After a solid 5 minutes, I finally reach level 1. I hope oppa is still busy with the document to even realize anything. I quickly walked towards the main door and I saw the shuttle bus. I went up the bus without knowing where this bus is heading to. All I know for now is that I succeed my mission and I am save, for now.

I took a seat at the back. I laid back to avoid being seen from the outside. I kept praying and praying hopefully the bus will go off before oppa realized I’m not back. The bus started moving and could feel my heartbeat slowing down. All those adrenaline rush finally gone. I closed my eyes as I sigh in relieved. Without me knowing I fell into a deep slumber. Too deep that I don’t even know where I am right now. The bus was empty and the bus driver was right in front of me whom I assumed the person who woke me up. I stood up and apologize to the bus driver. He just smiled and nod. I alight the bus and to be honest, I don’t even know where I am right now.

The place look so unfamiliar. There isn’t much shop around the area. I continued walking to find a place where I can seek for a shelter for today. I felt like a lost puppy. I don’t even know if I am walking on a right path. I look around as I was walking and without me realizing it a car almost bump into me. I was lucky enough to take a step back but I lose my balance and I was already on the floor directly facing the car’s headlight.

“Are you okay? Oh my god! I am so sorry. But are you okay?” a lady in a flower dress get out of the car. I couldn’t answer a word. I was too shocked with what just happened. The lady came closer and shook my body.

“A-aniyo. G-gwenchana.” I answered the lady. She looked rather worried even when I replied her.

“Agassi, I don’t think you are okay. Let me bring you to the clinic. Don’t worry I will pay for everything.” She offered.

“Aniya, unni. I am fine. Don’t worry.” I stood up and walk away.

“Aniya aniya. If you don’t want me to bring you to the clinic at least let me treat you. I feel bad. I can’t just hit you then let you go like that. Come let me treat you some food.” The lady said, she sound so sincere. I then nod.

“Thank you unni.” I thanked her and she led me into the car.

“Annyeonghaseyo. My name is So Jin, Park So Jin. You can just call me unni. I don’t mind. What is your name?” she introduced herself as she drove off.

“Ah annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim… Lee Ji Eun. How old are you unni?” I slipped my tongue. I am too used to introduce myself as Kim Jieun that I forget I am no longer a Kim.

“I am 25 years old. Ji Eun… are you a Kim or a Lee?” I just kept quiet. I don’t know what to say.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to answer. What about you? How old are you? And why is there a bandage around your head?” she asked me. I look around and we were already out of the neighbourhood.

“Ah I am 18 years old right now. This bandage? Ahh. I was just discharge from the hospital.” I told her.

“Wahh. You are still schooling? Why were you just discharge from the hospital?” She asked again. And once again I remained silent.

“Ah. I get it. It’s okay, if you don’t want to answer.” She replied again. Right then we reach a restaurant. An Italian restaurant. I look around and I saw the sign around the area. I was no longer in Seoul. I am now in Chuncheon. i might say this is the furthest I can go and hide myself from others.

“Okayyy. We are here. Come let’s go in.” she said as she led the way into the restaurant.

“Good afternoon boss.” The worker said as we wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter