Love

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN POV

Hakyeon oppa was already here visiting us at 10am. Unni was up much earlier to prepare breakfast for the 3 of us. Oppa look much better and younger wearing something casual rather than those formal wears that he wear to work. In fact, unni and oppa was wearing the same thing, yellow and black plaid shirt. He was helping unni in the kitchen with the food while I set up the table for us. We then enjoyed our breakfast together. Both unni and oppa shared the story how they met for the first time.

“Oppa do you still remember how we met?” Unni asked oppa. Looking at them talking and looking into each other eyes really made me cringe, in a good way.

“Of course, I remembered. That day, I was having a bad day. All I need was a nice cup of latte. It was my first time buying a cup of latte from your café. But…” He continued.

“Instead of giving you what you ordered, I gave you macchiato. You were so pissed off. I told you I will give you a new one but you just rejected my offer. You really make a scene there. I really hated you that time. You left and I never see you again. But then we met again but…I don’t think I will still be here if you weren’t there that time.” Unni snuggled into oppa chest. I looked at them, confused. I could say my face really shows that I am really curious.

“That night, my employee and I was supposed to be the one closing the café but he got an emergency call and he had to leave. Of course, I let him leave. I quickly closed the shop and walked back home. Back then, I don’t have any car so I walked back home. I knew someone was following me as I could see shadows behind me. I continue walking and sped up but somehow those men dragged me to the alley. I tried to shout out for help but I don’t have energy. Then I saw one of them was thrown away like he was punched by someone else. The rest was so occupied with what happened that I somehow got away from those men. I quickly hide myself behind the rubbish bin. My whole body was trembling. Only god knows how terrified I was. I wanted to run away because I know he can win the fight but when I saw it, it was 3 vs 1. I look closely and then I realized, that guy was oppa. I didn’t know from where he came from but he was there in front of the 3 guys. I stay hidden because I didn’t want them to see me but at the same time I want to make sure that oppa was just alright. I didn’t know what happened. All I saw was oppa crouching on the ground and all of them just ran away. It was then I realized he was injured.” I look at oppa for confirmation and he nod his head.

“I slowly walked to him. I kneeled on the floor to help him but when I tried to get him to stand up I realized my hand was stain with blood. Then when I look at his body, he was stabbed at his stomach. I look back at him and he was so pale. I really didn’t know what to do. I was panicking. But oppa told me to drive him to the nearest hospital. Luckily I have my license. I help him up and drive him to the nearest hospital. All I think of at that moment was to save him.”

“I was more worried about our safety because she kept looking at me as she was driving. I told her to focus on the road. I told her not to worry about me.” Oppa said. Unni turn to look at oppa and pouted. Oppa then hug her.

“Oppa was warded for almost 2 weeks and for that 2 weeks, every single day without fail I will visit him. I felt really guilty because I was the one who cause him to be here in the hospital. Every single day I will bring fruits and latte when I visit him. He kept saying that it isn’t my fault and that I shouldn’t feel guilty. But I really felt guilty. And since then, I kept seeing him even after he was discharge, I found his work place and always send latte to his work. I really couldn’t get rid of that guilty feeling in me. At the same time I felt really thankful because he saved me.” Unni continued.

“It was very annoying. I told her I was fine, but she kept coming. At one point of time, my students thought that she is my girlfriend because she always come during lunch time and gave me latte. I really need to settle it once and for all. She really couldn’t stop coming so I need to tell her to stop it. So I plan a meeting. And again, she came with latte.” It really crack me up when I saw oppa pissed off face when he talk about unni bringing latte for him.

“She came, but for the first time, she look different. She was wearing a dress. She look rather feminine and it really caught my attention. I quickly went into the problem. I told her that we should really cut our ties because I am really fine and I can get back to my normal life. But this lady here, she insisted that she won’t leave my side until the last doctor appointment. I told her, I’m fine with that suggestion because that mean I will have to just stick with her for another week and she’s gone.” Unni pout again when she heard what oppa said.

“But when the time comes, it was very hard to say goodbye to her. Without me realizing it, I started to develop feelings towards her. I couldn’t deny it. When we met at the same place again, she told me that she won’t appear in my life anymore. I could feel my heart ripped into pieces when I heard what she said. Then, I saw tears in her eyes. She was crying. I asked her why she cried and she said, “For the pass one month, I kept meeting you and send lattes to you, it’s already my habit to do so. But now, I wouldn’t be able to do it anymore. But I’m glad that I won’t be the annoying one in your life.””

“Oppa you remembered what I told you.” Unni was surprised when oppa recalled everything unni said to him.

“Of course, I remembered. But I remember what happen afterward the most.” Oppa said and unni was blushing real hard. Her face and ears went red.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter