Practice

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since, the incident our relationship was much better. We felt more comfortable with each other by our side. We became more open and closer. We shared problem that we had together. Of course I apologized to the other members who were worried sick when they couldn’t reach me that day. Eventually, they knew the whole story except for why Kai was angry. He told me that he told them we had a misunderstanding the day before that’s all. Finally it’s weekend. Finally we get to rest and take a break from all of the revision and test that have been going on for the past week. Both Kai and I just finished washing our plates after we ate our breakfast. We went to the living room and watch the morning show that was on air. Kai kept fidgeting and can’t remain seated while watching the show. He move a few time before popping a question.

“Jieun ah are you bored?” Kai turned and faced me. All I could do was just nod.

“Yes I am so bored. Do you know have any plan?” I faced him ignoring the morning show on the TV screen.

“What do you want to do?” He asked again.

“I don’t know.”

“Do you have driving license? Do you want to learn how to drive?”

“No, I don’t have but I really want to learn but I even if I learn I won’t have a car to drive.”

“Okay come.  Let’s go. I will teach you how to drive okay.”

“But….”

“No more but. Come, change into your most comfortable clothes.” Kai pushed me into my room before I changed into my MOST comfortable clothes, a normal t-shirt and jeans. We went out once I was done getting ready. Kai drove his car to a park which look kind of deserted. I didn’t know there was this kind of park in the busy city of Seoul.

“Kai why do I need to learn driving? I should at least take a proper driving license instead of listening to you right?”

“Didn’t you say just now, you wanted to learn? That’s why I am teaching you. And for your information Jieun ssi I am very good at teaching and giving instruction so can you just trust me. Let’s change our seats.” Kai told me as he made his way out of the car to change our seat. I quickly made my way to the driver’s seat and Kai to the passenger’s seat.

Kai started to give me instruction after instruction.

“Firstly, you will have to make yourself comfortable with yourself while driving. You can adjust the seat if your legs are too short for you to reach the pedal.” I glared at him when he said that my legs are short.

“I was saying IF your legs are short. IF. Don’t forget to wear your seatbelt. Check your rear view mirror and your side mirror, make sure you can see you are able to see your surroundings. The most right pedal is the accelerator pedal. The more you put pressure, the faster you will go. The middle one is-” He continued.

“The middle one is the brake pedal, to reduce speed or to stop vehicle and the most left one is clutch pedal for changing the gear. I know about that Kai. I am not that dumb.”

“Wow! You are good for a first-timer. Oh I know you are not dumb. Don’t worry. Before we start, I’m going to tell you how to start okay. Always start your car with your foot on the brake. If you don’t put it there, the car will move forward automatically and then BOOM!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter