Decision

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since that night when I’ve decided to get divorce with oppa. Since that night, the only time I see oppa was during lunch at cafeteria but he was never alone as Daeun never leave his side. From the way he smile, I believe he is much happier when he is with her than with me. I knew I’ve always done the right thing. Getting him back with Daeun, just like those time. I am…. Happy. Seeing him smiling whenever he is with Daeun, made me smile. I’m glad I made the right choice. The nausea feeling is coming back. I quickly made my way to the nearest toilet and puke out my lunch. I wiped my mouth and went back to class and get ready for the next class.

 

Class ended on time and throughout the day, I realized that I didn’t bump into any of the oppa. That is weird. Because, they will always be the one who will look for me. But today, nobody went looking for me and now, even when the class already ended I have not seen any one. Where are they? I was on my way home when my phone rang.

“Oh yoboseyo.” I greeted.

“Saengil chukka hamnida, saengil chukka hamnida. Saranganeun uri Jieun. saengil chukka hamnida~” Without me realizing it, tears were trickling down my cheeks. How much I miss her. Omma… Omma’s voice could be heard at the other end of the line. I couldn’t believe the woman that I love so much remember the special day today. Even I couldn’t remember that it’s my birthday today.

“Oh o-omma. Komawo.” I was sobbing when I thank her.

“Jieun ah… Are you crying? Why are you crying?” Omma panic.

“Aniya oma. I am soo touch. I didn’t remember it’s my birthday today. But you did. Komawo omma. Omma… I miss you soo much.” I told her.

“Aigoo. How could I forget my daughter birthday? Mianhae, omma cannot go to your house and celebrate. I hope you have a good time with son-in-law. How are you and Jongin? Is everything okay?” Omma wish me.

“Aniya gwenchana omma. J-jongin oppa and I are f-fine. Thank you for asking. He did celebrated my birthday just now, d-during lunch. I really had a g-great time. Don’t worry.” I lied. I don’t want omma to be burden with me problem. I also don’t want her to feel guilty that she is one who cause this problem. It is never her fault. It was my fault that I didn’t get to save my marriage.

During my journey home, I was on the phone with omma. I miss her so much. I really couldn’t get enough just by listening to her voice. If I could meet her right now, I would have gone back home, but I just couldn’t. I don’t want omma to see me like this. The dreadful me. How I wish I could share my problems with her like how I used too but now it is different. Too bad. This is MY problem and I have to figure out the solution by myself. I hang up once I was done talking and I don’t want my mouth to say anything by accident and worry her. She worry too much already.

As soon as I got into my empty house, I took my towel and went to the toilet to wash up as I felt soo sticky today. After I was done washing up, I sat down in the living room and munch some snacks while watching the afternoon drama on the TV. This has been my routine ever since that night. I will spend my free time watching the TV, clean up (even though there’s nothing for me to clean up) or even have a walk outside to free my mind. I know that my final decision is right but I just need to free my mind from all of the memories that always flash through my mind when I have nothing to do. Since, oppa will only get back home at 11pm and leave earlier than me, I have never had a conversation with him since that night.

Without me realizing it, it was already 7pm and I need to cook dinner for myself. But something was telling me to cook for a few more servings and I did. For tonight’s dinner, we are going to have SPAGHETTI. It have been a long time since I cook spaghetti and all thanks to Kyungsoo oppa I am going to cook his special kimchi spaghetti again.

‘DING DONG!!’ I wonder who will be coming at this timing. If it’s oppa…he will just get in without pressing the bell.

 I look at the monitor but… there’s nobody. It must be some kind of prank so I ignored. But the bell rang again and it was for a few times which get annoying each time. REALLY ANNOYING. I ran towards the door and open the door without even bothering to look at the monitor.

“JIEUN AH!! SAENGIL CHUKKAHAE!!!!” 11 boys were standing right in front of me popping the party poppers. They remembered.

“oppa….” I went speechless. I didn’t expect them to come here and celebrate it with me.. In fact all 11 of them are here. This is the first time, I have friends celebrating my birthday with me but…. the most important person in my life is not even here to be with me. To share this precious with me like how we did during his birthday.

“Are you going to make us wait out here? Come quickly get in. You still need to cut the cake remember?” Luhan oppa pushed me into the house while the rest just went inside and left all the food that they bought on the dining table.

“Oppa why did you buy soo many food, who is going to finish all this food? I don’t eat that much okay…” I asked and all fingers were pointing to Tao oppa.

“Oppa, you guys need to help me prepare the food so that we can eat the food quickly, I am hungry already.” I went to the kitchen and brought many plates with me so that all of us can start digging in our food. By the time I was at the table, the snacks were already gone. They really look like wolf. Instead of getting at angry at them, all I could do is just laugh. They really made my day. I don’t know how I can go through this without them by my side.

“Jieun ah… Where is Jongin?” Kris oppa asked me. The EXOK boys who know the story just kept quiet and we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter