Goodbye

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BAEKHYUN POV

"JIEUN AH!! JIEUN JIEUN!!" I barged into the apartment and shouted her name several times. Angry, upset, disappointed was what I felt at the moment. I couldn't believe that she actually lied to us. But why?

"Yah why are you like this? Jieun is in the kitchen you don't have to shout." Noona talked to me as she stood up from the couch.

"JIEUN AH JIEUN AH!" I ignored noona and continue shouting. Noona was tagging behind me and kept asking me why I was shouting like a mad man.

"Oh oppa waeyo?" Jieun came walking from the kitchen towards me with a smile.

"Jieun ah. You asked me why? Why didn't you tell us about your illness? Why Jieun?! Are we not reliable enough?! Why Jieun why?!" I shouted at her. The whole kitchen suddenly turn quiet. Noona who stood beside me kept looking at me and Jieun, back ad fourth. Jieun couldn’t answer the question but then she kneel down and started crying. Noona who saw Jieun kneeling down also went down on her knees and hug Jieun.

"Mianhae. Minanhae oppa, unni. Mianhaeyo. I know I made a mistake. Mianhaeyo." Her apologize was muffled as she was in noona's embrace. Noona was crying too as she hug Jieun.

"Why didn't you tell us Jieun ah?" Noona asked. Her sobbing went much louder went noona asked her.

"I..I don't want to be a burden to unni and oppa. I stayed here, get employed by unni. What more can I asked? I'm thankful to both of you. I don't want to be a burden to you guys anymore." Jieun replied even when she was still sobbing. Noona hugged her tighter.

"You were never a burden. Do you know how happy I was when you came here? All my life after both our parents passed away, I felt so lonely, the only female person that I am close to passed away, living me alone. Baekhyun at least have his circle of friend but I don't. The things that I always want to do with my mom when I grow up, I did it with you. Boys talk, ladies night, shopping and even travelling. Even though we only travel to Jejudo, I really had fun. Where should I go and who should I talk to if you are no longer around? Baekhyun is always not at home. To me, you are now a Byun." unni explained. Jieun plays an important role in not only noona's life but also mine.

"We will always be here for you. So don't worry. Let's go to the hospital tomorrow okay?" I suggested.

"But..." Jieun tried to find another excuse.

"No more buts. Are you by any chance scared of the needles?" I asked.

"Huh? I am not scared of it. It's just that.... Can we delay it a bit? Give me some time to think about it. Okay?" Jieun said. I don't understand why, she need more time to think.

"Arasseo. But we hope that you will think quickly and go through the chemotherapy. Arasseo?" Noona told her.

"About the expenses, you don't have to worry. Unni and Baekhyun will settle it. You just have to think about recovering. That's all." Noona continued.

-----------------------------

JIEUN POV

I'm not sure if I should go for it. Maybe I should go and pack my bag now. This is the only way. Yes I should. I should leave Seoul and start a new life there. And hopefully they will only find me after 5 months, when I'm gone. I don't want to be another problem in their life. Enough of me being a problem to Kai oppa.

I took out the luggage bag that I kept under the bed a few weeks ago. It is already 12.30 am. Unni and oppa must be sleeping already. I should quickly pack my clothes and leave before they woke up. I carefully took out each clothes and folded it before I pack it in my luggage. Thoughts after thoughts came through my mind. Why do god always give me tests like this? Maybe this is my retribution.

Finally, I was done packing my bag after an hour. I zipped it up and stand it up. I walked to the door and slowly open it and check if there really is no one outside. I opened the door slowly and looked to my right and left to make sure that there isn’t anybody in the living room. Dragging the luggage slowly to prevent the sound that is coming from this rather old luggage. I'm almost there. About 5 more steps and I am out of this apartment. But then, the light to the living room was switch on. I shrieked. I was so into my mission that I didn’t notice that oppa was actually in the living room.

"Jieun ah. Where are you going with that luggage? Don't tell me-" Oppa stopped at that.

"Op-oppa why are you here? Why are you not asleep yet?" I tried to change the topic even though when I know I am already caught red-handed. Which mean there’s no escape.

"You haven’t answer my question yet. LEE. JIEUN." I could sense the anger in his voice. He grabbed my wrist.

"Oppa let go. It hurts." I told him but instead of letting go of my wrist he tighten the grip.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LEAVING US AGAIN!!??" oppa shouted. I froze at the spot. His voice boomed across the living room. The room went a total silence. This is the first I experience Baekhyun oppa booming voice. Never would I want to experience it ever again. Then, the unni's door open. There unni stood in front of the door with a smile on her face. A smile. A total expression that her brother gave me.

"Baekhyun..... Wasn't I right about it? I know her too well." Unni faced oppa and smile at him and then back at me. Oppa just went speechless with his noona. What did she meant with her being right about it.

"Un-unni why-why are you still up?" I stuttered. I couldn't face her anymore. Right then I was pulled into a tight embrace.

"Unni know why you decide to leave. Unni knows everything. You think unni will let you leave just like that. You think unni didn't know your plan of leaving us. And then you will make us looking for you but when we found you, we are only left with just your name and memories that we had together. Isn't that what you plan?" That was exactly my plan. How did unni know all this? I went speechless when unni said. Tears were at the brim of my eyes. Never did I thought I will meet anyone like them. There are more than just a friend. They are... A FAMILY. Unni let loose of the hug and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Jieun ah. Remember what I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter