Finally

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun POV

“Jieun ah, one chocolate waffle with strawberry milkshake.” Unni passed the order to me.

“Coming unni.” While waiting for Hyuk’s and my result, we decided to continue for unni, since she really need a lot of help with the café.

“Here you go.” I passed the food through the counter.

“Jieun, can you help me with the counter too?” Unni asked.

“Sure unni.” With that, I make my way towards the counter and handle the customer.

“Everything will be 10,200 won.” I said to the lady in front of me.

“Thank you. See you again soon~” I thanked the lady as she made her way out. There were many more customer that came to pay for their food. It was really hectic as the lunch time came. Many came by to have their lunch at the café. Once the peak period died down, I finally took off my apron and went to the washroom. I have been holding it in since just now.

“Ji-jieun…” I heard someone calling my name. It was a guy voice but I am 100% sure it is not Hyuk’s. I turned around only to face a guy whom I know very well. I went speechless. My mind went blank. I don’t know how or what I should do right now.

It is Jongin. Kim Jongin.

He look the same. Nothing change. He still look like the Kim Jongin that I used to know.

“Jieun ah…” he tries to move a step forward but I wasn’t ready for this yet.

“Jieun ah. Why are you standing here?” Hyuk came from the kitchen and pulled my waist and brought me closer to him. I look at him and back at Jongin who was still standing there. Hyuk who saw Jongin thinking that he was just another customer, bowed at Jongin and let go of his hand which was circling around my waist. I look at Jongin and saw how that smile on his face just disappear. He bowed back to Hyuk and left the scene.

“Jieun, are you okay? You look so pale like as if you saw a ghost.” Hyuk asked.

“Hyuk ah. Jongin.” That was the only thing that came out from my mouth.

“Huh? What? Why? He called you? Is he here?” Hyuk panic.

“Hyuk… that… that guy… he is Jongin.” Hyuk look towards the main door and saw that the door was already close, which shows that he already left the café.

“Hyuk ah what happened?” Unni approached Hyuk who was walking back towards me.

“Noona… Jieun said that the guy is Jongin.” Unni looked at me and went towards me.

“Really? He is Jongin? Kim Jongin?” Unni asked. I couldn’t open my mouth and reply unni. I was still in the shocked state. All I did was nod.

Jongin… why was he here? Did he know I was here all the time? Did he come here because he know I’m here?

“Jieun ah are you okay? Do you want to get some rest?” Unni asked me.

“Unni don’t worry about me. I’m just fine. Unni I will continue my work now.” With that I walk away and went back to the cashier.

------------------------------------------------------------------

JONGIN POV

I was enjoying my lunch when I hear the familiar voice. That voice.

“Thank you. See you again soon~” I looked up and saw her. The lady whom I miss so much. I was totally distracted and looked at her all the time. Right then she left the counter and went to the back. I put down the fork in my hand on the table. I stood up and followed her from the back.

“Ji-jieun…” I called her. That name. She stop walking and stood there with her back facing me. It felt like ages before I finally saw her face. She slowly turn around and our eyes finally met. It is her. Lee Jieun. I don’t know what I should do next.

She changes. Her hair was shorter than before. Her cheeks are much chubbier but one thing stays… her smile. That did not change.

“Jieun ah…” I took a step forward but she on the hand took a step backward.

“Jieun ah. Why are you standing here?” A guy came from the kitchen and walked towards her before pulling her waist. I look at the guy expression and I am sure she already found someone new. The guy looked at me once he realized that there was someone else beside him and Jieun. We then bowed at each other. I quickly made my way out of the café.

I walked towards my car and start its engine before I drove off. I don’t even know where I was going but for sure I was just driving to somewhere far.

Jieun is much happier now. I know. I’m glad she met him. I’m glad she left me. I’m glad she finally found her happiness. I’m sorry that I couldn’t provide you with the happiness when we were together before.

I took my phone and dialed Luhan hyung number. After a few ring he finally picked up.

“Oh Jongin ah why? How is It? Have you found her?” Luhan hyung asked.

“Hyung… you know about this don’t you?” I asked him

“I’m sorry Jongin ah. I want you to see it for yourself.” He apologized.

“It’s okay hyung. I think now I know what I am supposed to do after this.” I assured him.

“jongin, I’m really sorry. Where are you now?”

“I’m in the car driving. I just saw her in the café just now. I’m glad she met someone new.” A smile slowly form on my lips.

“What are you going to do now?”

“I’m going to see her for the last time. And after that, I will go back home.”

“I hope everything goes well.”

“Thanks hyung. See you when I get back to Seoul. Good bye hyung.” I bid farewell.

Finally I stopped my car at the side of the road. The tears that have I have been controlling, finally made it way down my cheeks.

“Jieun ah… I guess you made a right choice. i guess, I should have treat you better. But I’m happy seeing you smile like that. I’m happy that he made you happy now. Don’t worry, I will still be the hyung and oppa to the rest.” I sit back up straight and continue driving. I drive myself back to the hotel and start to pack my bag before I check out the next day. My stay here was much shorter than what I expected. However, I’m happy that I found what I have been searching for all this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIEUN POV

I couldn’t concentrate with my work after I saw Jongin oppa. He look slightly different. He look much skinner. His eyes look much droopier. What has he been doing? Why was he here? Was he looking for me?

“Excuse me miss?” A lady was already waiting for me.

“Jieun what are you doing? Sorry miss. Yes, how may I help you?” Na young took over my position at the counter.

“Jieun ah, take a break at the back.” Unni came and told me to go and take a break. I walk towards the staff pantry and sat there for a while. I still cannot believe what I saw. Jongin. It’s almost a year since I last saw him. It’s also almost a year since I left my family behind. It’s also almost a year since I met Hyuk, Unni and Hakyeon oppa.

“Jieun ah, why don’t you go back and rest. I will see you later at home.” Unni said.

“Unni, but I’m alright.” I assure her.

“Alright? You have been day dreaming since just now.”   

“But…”

“No more but. Go.” Unni push me to the locker and took my bag and hand it over to me. I took my bag and wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter