Reveal

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun POV

"Jieun ah Jieun ah! Wake up! Wake up! Noona noona! Come here quickly." Noona who was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us came running towards the common toilet. She went kneeling down when she saw Jieun lying on my lap.

"Jieun ah. Baekhyun what happened?" Noona started to get panic.

"I don't know. I saw her running towards the toilet and she started to throw up. She then complain about her head then she collapsed. I don't know what happened." I tried to explain to noona as simple as it can be.

"Arraseo. Baek, carry her. Noona will get the car ready. We are going to the hospital. Quickly." Noona instructed me. Noona went to her room and grab her car and house key before we leave.

The drive towards the hospital took almost an hour with the busy traffic early in the morning. Noona who was driving kept turning around to look at Jieun condition who was with me at the back of the car. I couldn't do anything except giving her the support, telling her everything’s going to be alright. Seeing noona's finger which keep on tapping on the steering wheel really made me feel nervous and anxious. Finally after the long journey, we finally made it through.

"May I know what happened to this patient?" A nurse was assisting her onto the bed. Her face was turning pale.

"She fainted after throwing up and complain that her head hurt." I told them.

"Does she has any allergy?" The nurse kept asking while we walk into the emergency ward.

"Okay, we will do a quick check up on her. We need you to fill up a form to declare that you sent her here." The nurse passed a piece of paper to me before she left with the other nurses and doctor.

I couldn't think straight while filling up the form. Noona too, kept walking up and down the waiting area. Seeing noona acting like that make me feel nervous even more. Waiting for the doctor to come took a solid hour and finally a man in white suit came towards us.

"Doctor what is wrong with her?" Noona ask as soon as the doctor halt.

"May I know how long have she been complaining headache and vomiting?" The doctor answered with another question.

"She has been complaining for around 2 weeks already. But this morning was the first time I saw her vomiting. Why doctor is there something wrong with her?" I started to get edgy when he asked.

"From the signs that she showed, we are suspecting brain cancer.” He said with a calm expression.

"What?! Cannot be." Noona shouted. Even when he say that he was just suspecting it, I still feel uncomfortable.

"We are only suspecting it for now. We need her to go through the CT scan to confirm it. After we are done with the CT scan, we will transfer her to the ward. Don't worry, we will try our best to help her." The doctor went off and pat my shoulder.

"How could this be? Jieun is the nicest person on earth. Why is God always giving her test after test?" Noona sat back down on the chair. Tears kept rolling down her cheeks. I pulled her into embrace. Never had I thought, there will be a time for me to hug noona again after I reach puberty.

"Don't worry noona. They are just suspecting it. They will only confirm it once the result from the CT scan are out. Let's pray that everything will be fine." I comfort noona.

Once Jieun was done with her CT scan she was transferred to the ward. She was already awake when the nurse was pushing her wheelchair out of the room.

"Oh oppa, noona. I'm so sorry to make you worried like this. So sorry to burden you with my condition." she kept apologizing.

"Don't say like that. You are never a burden. You are part of the Byun's family already. Are you still having headache?" noona asked her.

"For now, nope. I am fine. I think I can discharge tomorrow. I don't really like the smell here." she was laughing at her own joke. Yes I am sure she is okay. I'm glad she is still smiling.

It’s almost 8 and it’s the time that visitors should make their way out of the ward so that the patients can start to turn in for the day. However, the result for the CT scan is not out yet. Hopefully it will be out by tomorrow. And hopefully, what the doctor was suspecting will just remain as their thought.

---------------------------------------------

JIEUN POV

Oppa and unni were already making their way out of the ward. They were by my side throughout the day, for almost 11hours, despite me asking them to leave thousand times. They insisted that, they want to spend sometime with me before the waiting time is up and also they should be companying me because I might get bored being alone in my bed. But thanks to them, I wasn't bored at all. There’s always something to talk about. A good-looking ma in white suit that walk towards my bed.

"Hello Jieun-ssi. I am your doctor, Doctor Jang." He introduced himself.

"Jieun-ssi where are the couple that came with you just now? Did they went back home already?" He asked and I could only nod.

"What a waste. I thought I could make it. It's okay. Errmmm.. Jieun-ssi, the result for your CT scan is already out. Do you want me to tell you the result tomorrow together with them, or now, only you?" The doctor smile gradually fading away.

"Ermmm... N-now...." I stuttered.

"Okay then. I will bring you to my room and explain to you everything. Let me get the nurse to help you." he said. I hop onto a wheelchair and the nurse pushed me into the doctor's room. The room was spacious and quiet. Doctor Jang took a seat at his seat and stated to prepare the screen to show the CT scan result.

"Well, Jieun-ssi. I'll try to explain to you. See this part of the brain................ I'm sorry Jieun-ssi but you are diagnosed with brain cancer." he explained everything and finally the result.

"Is..is...it dangerous?" I asked.

"I would say it is as it is spreading towards the other part of your body. And since you are now in the second stage, it makes your condition to be much more worse." he exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter