Accept

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I went back to the class alone. I basically just left him like that. I don’t want to give him any hope. I don’t know how should I explained it to Hyuk. I clearly said that I cannot accept him. I don’t want him to suffer in the years to come because of my past. I’m sorry Hyuk. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings.

Then I saw him coming into the class. From that look on his face I knew he was upset and disappointed with what just happen. He walk towards his seat and sat down without even saying a word to me. He opened the textbook and continue with his work. The next hours went by so slow that I kept fidgeting throughout the whole period. I felt uneasy sitting beside him. We always talk in class but the silence is killing me right now.

As soon as the class ended Hyuk just packed his bag and left the class without even acknowledging me. He treat me like as if I am invincible. The worst part, today we are assigned to work together but looking at it right now, I don’t think we will go there together for today or even now onward. I know I should leave him alone but if this continue… this will be the end of our friendship I guess. I quickly pack my bag and ran after him.

“Hyuk ah hyuk ah. Wait for me. Why are you walking so fast???” I called him out but he continue walking. I ran and grab his hand and pulled him so that he faced me.

“Hyuk ah. Why are you acting like this?” I asked him.

“Why are you asking me? Don’t you know?” He said.

“Hyuk. I already told you. We can’t be together. It’s for the best. I don’t want you to get hurt later. Besides, you can better girls outside. Don’t waste your time on me. It not worth it.” I told him.

“Jieun ah. I already said. I don’t care about your past. We should learn from our past and continue living. And how many time must I say, I only love you. Only you. Why should I waste my time with other girl when I only want you in my life?” I went speechless when I heard what he said. He really do love me.

“You still don’t get it don’t you?” Hyuk forcefully let go of my hand and walk off. I stood there looking at his back.

I can see the sincerity in his eyes. I know his feelings for me are real. I know he means good to me. Even I could see myself with him. But… I’m afraid. I once experienced a break up and it took me months for me to recover from it. I know it is part of falling in love but I don’t want to hurt Hyuk later on when he know about my past.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Jieun, Hyuk, I need you to be in charge of today’s dinner. There are a few reservations for tonight so I need you two to be in charge with the table ordering while the rest will be busy in the kitchen.” Sojin unni told both of us. I look at Hyuk who was focusing on what unni was saying. He has been ignoring me since we started working unless communication is needed.

We quickly get back to work and we were so busy that we didn’t even said a word to each other during the peak hours. Both of us were busy with our own table. Luckily we were busy because it will totally be awkward if we don’t have much thing to do. We will just hang around the kitchen and help with the utensils. He is totally not the Hyuk that I know of. He is always the mood changer in the restaurant but today he is different. I’m sure unni realized that but she hasn’t say anything since all of us were so busy.

Finally, after a tiring day, we are going home. Unni waiting for me and Hyuk so that we can go home together but… when I went out from the staff room… Hyuk was nowhere to be seen.

“Unni, where is Hyuk?” I asked unni who was taking out the keys to lock the door.

“Hyuk? He went home already, he said he need to stop somewhere first. Although I told him that, he insisted on leaving first.” Unni said. I know it’s just an excuse to avoid going home with me.

“Jieun ah. Did you guys fight?” unni asked as she started the car’s engine. I was caught of guard.

“A-aniyo unni.” I stuttered. I shouldn’t have stuttered because unni will interrogate me.

“Well, something must have happen. If not Hyuk will not act that way. He is always smiling and to be honest today is the first day I ever see him with that kind of face ever since he start working the past 6 months. Quickly spill it.” Unni told me as she drive her car.

“Actually just in school, we were walking along the hallway the school bully was telling Hyuk that if he don’t want to confess his feelings, he will snatch me away from Hyuk. So then..” I quickly stopped when I remembered the kiss that he gave me just now.

“Yah Jieun, did he kissed you?” Unni just popped the question.

“Un-unni….” I could feel my cheeks getting hotter as time passed by.

“Yah… Jieun… he did right?? Wah Hyuk is good. I bet that is his first kiss. Daebak.” Unni comment just made it worst.

“So what did he do next?” Unni continued asking the question.

“So then he confess his feelings to me but I reject him.” The atmosphere turn into an awkward silence once I complete my sentence.

“Hyuk must have felt bad. But why? Don’t tell me…. You still think about him. Jieun ah it’s your past. Instead of just staying and getting stuck there, you should start a new and learn from that mistake of yours.” What unni said really gave me second thought of accepting Hyuk in my life now. He said the same thing. Maybe I should gave him chance.

“Jieun ah… why don’t you think properly about it? I know you just met him but why don’t you give it a try. Hyuk is a good guy. Polite, kind, funny and not to forget he has the look. Jieun ah… think of it properly okay. Come let’s get in. You still have school tomorrow.” And with that, unni made me thinking the whole night. And by the time I was preparing myself for school, I already have the answer with me.

---------------------------------------------

“Jieun ah where is your boyfriend? Not here yet. I thought you guys always go to school together.” Ji hye asked as she took her seat which is beside me. Right then, Hyuk went in and went to his seat without even acknowledging my presence. For sure, I know, Ji hye noticed the difference.

As soon as he sat down, Kim seonsangnim started on the lesson. I really couldn’t take this silent treatment anymore. After much thinking yesterday, I am pretty sure with my decision. I really hope that the decision that I made yesterday night is correct. I really hope so.

“Okay let’s start on our first activity. As what we have went through yesterday…” Kim seonsaengnim said. My body was there but my mind is no longer with her. I took out a piece of paper and started writing on it.

Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter