Karma

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN POV

 

“UGH. Just tell me I am more than prepared.” I assured not only him but also oppa and unni.

“Okay, soo…. Your body cell is not responding to the chemo…” He revealed. It was far from what I expected. The room was so quiet that you can even hear a pin drop. I don’t even know how to react to what Doctor Jang had just said.

 

“May I know how many months I have left?” I break the silence in the room. Oppa and unni stared at me once I completed my sentence.

“We still have the surgery to help you. You need to be optimistic.” Oppa answered.

“Oppa I am not being pessimistic, I am just trying to prepare myself and others.” I answered, with my voice slightly raised. I felt guilty raising my voice to the person who have helped me all this while.

“Jieun ssi, don’t worry, we still have surgery. I will schedule you a surgery. We need to do it as soon as possible, as we don’t want the cancer cells to attack your other body parts.” Doctor Jang explained.

---------------------------------

“Oppa mianhae….” I apologized. I was sent back to the ward once Doctor Jang was done talking to me.

“For what?” he smiled.

“For raising my voice just now. I am really sorry.” I explained myself.

“It’s okay. I understand. Don’t worry we will be here for you.” Oppa assured me.

“Jieun ah… when are you going to tell your omma and appa?” Oppa continued.

“I am still not ready yet.”

“But they need to know your condition Jieun ah. How long do you want to keep it from them?” Unni asked.

“You shall call them and ask them to come and visit you tomorrow, before Doctor Jang schedule you for a surgery. Arraseo?” Unni added.

“Unni, you don’t understand!” I raised my voice again.

“What do we not know? Why don’t you explained it to us, so that we can understand you?” Unni raised her voice too. I am sure they are getting annoyed with my condition as days passed by.

“EVERYTHING! I AM SCARED. I AM SCARED OF DYING. THE REASON WHY I DON’T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT MY CONDITION IS BECAUSE OF THIS. I DON’T WANT THEM TO SEE ME WEAK AND FRAGILE LIKE THIS. I DON’T WANT THEM TO SEE ME GETTING WEAK EVERY SINGLE DAY AND DIE. I DON’T WANT OMMA AND APPA TO SEE ME LIKE THIS. AND IT’S THE SAME FOR BOTH OF YOU. THAT’S WHY I DECIDED TO RUN AWAY. I DON’T WANT YOU GUYS TO SEE ME LIKE THIS. I RATHER SUFFER ALONE THAN BE A BURDEN TO OTHERS. I AM FINE WITH THAT. VERY FINE.” Thoughts that I have kept for almost a month. Everything is out. Tears that I tried to hold onto finally gush down my cheeks. Unni was crying too seeing me like this. Oppa just stood at the end of the bed and look at me with that unbelievable face. Unni walk towards me and pulled me into a hug. I was still crying on her shoulders and her left hand was my hair.

“Mianhae. Mianhae Jieun ah. Jeongmal mianhae. I didn’t know all that. I didn’t try to understand you. Mianhae. Don’t worry… You will be fine. You won’t leave us. I will promise you that. For now, we will inform ahjumma and ahjussi. They need to know what happened to their child. We will settle the rest for you. Arraseo?” Unni said to me while sobbing.

“Unni… I want to live… I want to continue living with my family, with my children and you guys. I- I don’t want to go just yet… please unni… please help me.” I said as unni still my hair while I was in her embrace.

“Unni and Baekhyun will help you… Don’t worry. You will not leave us. I won’t allow that to happen. I promise you.” Unni sobbing was getting louder and louder.

----------------------------------------------------

YIXING POV

 

Today the boys decided to meet because it has been too long since we last see each other. Everyone except Kai and Baekhyun could make it. They said they have something on and they told us to go ahead without them. So we did. At first we thought of postponing it till they are free but we just need a break from our hectic schedule especially exo m since we are in the midst of our exam period. Well since its not full house, it wouldn’t be that fun so we just went to the amusement park.

We are lucky to have Kris and Tao who can drive their car for this trip of not we will spend our time taking public transportation to get to the amusement park. We start off with the slow ride as we just ate our lunch, since we don’t want our lunch to be scattered everywhere. While we were walking towards the next ride, Luhan hyung who was leading thw way, halted. We followed his gaze and..... There was Daeun and a guy kissing and it started to get more passionate. That couldn’t be Kai right? He won’t ditch us for Daeun right? Im sure the other members are not aware about Kai and Jieun's relationship as of now. He is so dead. Getting caught ditching his friends for his girlfriend when he is someone else husband. He sure did commit a lot of crime.

The two finally bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter