Brand New

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN POV

“Jieun ah, are you ready?!!” Sojin unni shouted from the kitchen. For the past hour, she have been working in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the two of us. She indeed prepared a lot of food for the two of us even when I told her not to prepare a lot of food since I am not a big eater. Today’s plan according to unni will be… visiting her friend, Eunji unni who will be doing checkup on my forehead and then after that we will be doing some shopping for my everyday stuff and my school stuff.

“Neh unni, I am ready. Sorry to keep you waiting. You should have eat first.” I told her as I made my way towards the kitchen. The table was filled with ommelette, seasoned chicken, mixed vegetable, kimbap and even fruits. I looked at the table and then I looked at her. She looked up and smiled at me.

“No. We should eat together. I have been eating breakfast with either my smartphone or TV. It is soo boring. Finally, I have a real person a human being to talk to.” The way unni explained it to me made me chuckle. She sounded so lonely.

“Come dig in. This is my first time preparing so many food just for breakfast. You should feel honoured.” Unni said again. Her food tasted soo delicious. Hakyeon oppa is sure lucky to have her. There were still a lot of food on the table but the two of us were already full. While she put away the leftovers in the fridge, I helped her cleaned the table. Once we are done, unni drive us to her friend’s clinic which is around an hour.

“Oh Sojin you are here already. So is this your friend who you want me to check?” The doctor asked me.

“Neh unni. Meet Jieun. Jieun this is my cousin, Eunji unni. This is her clinic so you don’t have to worry.” Unni introduce Eunji unni to me.

“Okay let’s start the check-up now.” Eunji unni said as I sat opposite her while Sojin unni sat beside me.

“Can you tell me your condition first so that I know what to look out for?” Unni asked me. I am sure both of them going to be shocked once I said the truth about my condition.

“Actually… I had a surgery before I ran away. The surgery was done to remove the tumour in my brain.” Both of them looked at each other and they turn back to me.

“I was diagnosed with brain cancer 3 months before I went for the surgery. Supposedly, after the surgery I need to go for a few more check-up before I can take out this bandage around my head.” I said. I was afraid, Eunji unni will not continue with the check-up.

“Okay. Don’t worry. I will help you. I will do a thorough check. After this we will see each other more often since I need to do frequent check-up on you.” Eunji unni said. I am grateful to have Eunji unni. Why do I always meet nice people? It feels wrong whenever I meet them because I will always end up hurting and disappoint them.

-------------------------------------------

KAI POV

It already past 24 hours since Jieun was found missing. Both abeonim and ommonim followed me early in the morning to make a police report about Jieun missing. Even the police said that the only thing they can do is do frequent patrolling and do a few investigation. Ever since yesterday, I stayed at their place. Even though they already know what I did to their daughter, they still accept my apology and treat me like how they used to treat me. They were very worried about Jieun, therefore, I promised myself to help them find Jieun and take over Jieun position as their child as long as Jieun is still missing.

“Jongin ah, you must be tired. You should go and rest. You went to look out for her all night. Don’t worry. I know Jieun did this because she need time for herself. Don’t feel guilty at all. You need a rest. Get a sleep. I will wake you up once lunch is ready.” Ommonim told me.  I went to the room that was situated beside the kitchen. As I laid down on the bed, I couldn’t stop my tears from flowing down my cheeks. Yes, I was crying to the point I was sobbing. It was more than just the guilt. I brought myself into this problem. I am hurting everyone. If only I was there for her. If only I have trusted her. If only… I never have never left her. All this won’t happen.

Jieun ah. Where are you? I am sorry. I shouldn’t have hurt you in the first place. I know I was wrong. Jieun ah, I really miss you. I wanna pull you into my warm hug. Jieun ah, will we be able to meet each other again? Will we be able to rewrite our story again? Will we? Mianhae Jieun ah. You shouldn’t be the one suffering all this time. Please come back. Please, I beg you.

I brought my arm across my face and covered it. I just want to sleep and hopefully everything will be back to how I want it to be once I wake up. I know I am being delusional but… that’s all I’m asking for. That’s all. I don’t want anything else.

---------------------------------------------

JIEUN POV

It has been a week since I stayed with unni. I am already used to her schedule. We will leave the house together and unni will drop me off at the school before she drive to work. After school I will go home straight away and help unni with the housework at home except for Tuesday and Thursday for work. And if there’s work, we will go home together. At home I will be the one preparing the food and the do the housework since unni will be very tired once she get home from work. Saturday will be work day with both of us busy with the restaurant. Lastly, on Sunday, unni will be going for a date with Hakyeon oppa and they will only be back at night. So usually I will be at home and do my homework that is always piling up since it’s my senior year and that also mean that SAT is coming soon.

As of the school, I already made a few friends there. And to add to that, I even have a friend who is working at unni restaurant. He is working part time there thrice per week, just the same as me. Unni is really concern about her worker who are still schooling. She know that those student who work part time are working for a reason. Therefore, just like me she allowed them to work but only thrice a week, so that they can focus on their studies too.

Sanghyuk, Han Sanghyuk, he is my partner in class. He is also t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter