Found out

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I place Jieun on the bed and called the nurse to check on her. My palm was getting sweatier as time pass by. I was sooo nervous that I could feel my hands and legs shaking when the nurse was still checking on her.

"Don't worry Jongin. She is just too tired. Rest is all she need. But don't worry it is normal when she is pregnant. May I know how many months already?" the nurse told me. Wait. Did I hear it wrongly? Did I just hear the word pregnant? I gave a look to the members and they don't look shock at all. Wait. Does this mean... they are aware of it?

"Jongin, you don't even know that your wife is pregnant? Come here and listen to the double heart beat." the nurse seems to know that I was not aware of Jieun's pregnancy. I took the stethescope and.... I heard... the heartbeat of our baby. I couldn't believe what I just heard. It’s the heartbeat of my precious angel.

"I'll leave her with you okay. Let her rest. Don't allow her to do a lot of work and give her plenty of nutritious food. Take care." the nurse said before leaving us. The boys were still standing beside me.

"We will leave you with her. Is that okay with you?" Suho hyung asked.

"Of course not. I want to spend some time with them. So.... you guys actually already know of the baby?" I asked them. They looked at each other.

"Yes. We already know. We will leave the telling part to her. Take care of her. See you later." Baekhyun oppa told me. Is there something that I have to know? Wait. Was she already pregnant when I said I will divorce her? WHAT ON EARTH DID I DO? I AM SOOO INSENSITIVE! I should be by her side all the time during this crucial period...but here I am with Daeun like how we used to be, without thinking about Jieun, my wife. Guilt was filling me up.

I held her hand and waited for her to wake up. The only thing that I want to do right now is just apologize and hope that everything will be back to normal. I didn't realize that I fall asleep while waiting for her to wake up. Her fingers that were intertwined with my fingers moved. I sat up. Her eyes were opening slowly. Her eyebrow scrunch as she saw saw me seating right in front of her.

"Why are you here Jongin-ssi? Sorry to burden you." she asked. Jongin-ssi? Formalities. What happened to Jongin oppa? Has she really throw me out of her life?

"Jieun ah." I took her hand and held it tightly not wanting to let it go. Not only now but forever.

"Why didn't you tell me about OUR baby?" I asked Her left arm instaneously made it way to her tummy and rub it. She panic. It’s like as if she remembered about the existence of our child.

"Don't worry. Our precious angel is still with us." I told her and she calmed down. Right then there were a long silence. The both of us were caught in this quiet yet disturbing situation.

"Jongin-ssi... Do you remember? The fact that we are already over? I...I don't want to burden you anymore." she said. I could see the tears that are going to trickle down her rosy cheeks anytime soon. Why is she still thinking about me, when in the first place the baby and her wellbeing is the priority? What the did I do to her? Jieun ah, I’m… really sorry.

“J-jieun ah…” I pulled her into my embrace. I felt the warmth that I have been missing for a few weeks already. The other half of me. It was just me hugging her for a few seconds but then her arms were already tightly hugging me. I could hear sobs and her uneven breathing which get more and more loud.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter