Too late

You Are The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN POV

“Jieun ah, have you eaten?” Baek oppa asked as he entered the ward, followed by Baek unni.

“Neh oppa. I just ate the lunch that they provide. You guys are very early today. Why?” They are getting suspicious AGAIN. WHY????

“Jieun ah, I want you to meet someone.” Unni said as she made way so that I can see that person. I could feel the tense atmosphere.

“Oh om-omma…” The person whom I miss so much. I can’t believe that they actually contacted omma. Right behind omma, there was appa. And then followed by my dongsaeng.

“Oh my daughter. Mianhae…” Omma walked towards me and start hugging me.

“Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae.” Omma still apologizing and now she is crying so hard that only her sobbing could be hear din the room.

“Omma… why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong. I am just sick that’s all. But don’t worry I’ll be fine soon. I will be schedule to a surgery tomorrow so don’t worry. Just pray for me. Hopefully everything is fine. Arraseo omma?” I told her as I wiped the tears that were staining her rosy cheeks.

“Where is my son-in-law?” Appa asked. Everyone turned their head and looked at me. I guess, I just have to tell them.

“Ah… appa… about that… Jongin oppa and I… we are filing for divorce…” I told the truth.

“MWO?!!!” Appa and Omma shrieked in disbelief. Even my dongsaeng were shocked.

“But why noona? You and hyung were always alright. I’m sure this is just a misunderstanding.” Jihwan said.

“Jieun ah, are you mad? Why are the both of you filing for divorce? Does he have someone else behind your back?” Appa asked. Unni and oppa who have been standing by the side of the bed try to calm appa down. He was already shouting right beside my bed.

“Aniya. It’s not his fault appa. It’s mine…. It’s … my fault… He found out about… my relationship with… his friend behind his back.”  I said the truth.

“MWO!!!??” Appa and omma shouted.

“WHO IS THAT FRIEND OF HIS? WHY DID YOU DO THAT??” Appa asked. His face was already fuming red. 

“Appa, you don’t need to know who that guy is. It just happen like that. Love cannot be force, it come naturally.” I explain myself. I tried holding back my tears. It was the only way I could try to explain to them. The pain all this years. It hurt so much.

“Yah! LEE JIEUN!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO SON-IN-LAW!!!??” Appa shouted again. But this time, appa started throwing the item on the side table.

“Ahjussi, ahjussi calm down. Please calm down. We are in the ward. I need you to calm down, or else I will call the security to bring you out.” Oppa tried to calm appa down.

“Oppa, it’s okay. Appa please calm down.” I tried talking nicely to appa. I looked at omma and she was already speechless with what I said.

“HOW CAN I CALM DOWN?!! HE HELPED US. A LOT. ALL THIS YEARS HE HELPED US!! HOW COULD YOU BETRAY HIS LOVE? HE BROUGHT YOU INTO HIS FAMILY AND THIS IS HOW YOU PAY BACK TO HIM?!”

“Appa… please… I am doing this for our best. I love him more than I love Jongin oppa.” Right then a slap landed on my cheek.

“YEOBO!” Omma shouted trying to stop appa.

“APPA!!” Jihwan and the others tried to stop appa too.

“AHJUSSI! She is sick. How could you do that to her? She is no-” I pulled oppa arm who was standing right beside me. I am sure he will tell appa the truth. And I don’t want that to happen.

“Maybe you deserve to be here… Maybe this is the retribution to a wife who betray her husband love. I can’t believe I even have a daughter like you. I don’t think I can ever face son-in-law after this. What should I say to him about my ungrateful daughter?”  I couldn’t control my tears anymore and it finally made it way down my cheeks. I was sobbing as I saw appa turn his back and walk out of the ward.

 “Ahjussi.” Unni raised her voice. I pulled unni hand trying to calm her.

“Jieun ah. I know you are not like that. Omma trust you. I am sure you have your own reason. I know you very well Jieun ah.” Omma hug me and tried to calm me down.

“Noona I believe you too. Don’t worry. Just focus on the surgery tomorrow and everything will be fine.” Jihwan comfort me.

“Jieun ah … we will leave first. Omma and your dongsaeng will come tomorrow to see you before you go for surgery. Don’t cry anymore and go and rest. Arraseo?” Omma said as she hug me. Omma make her way out and Jihwan came to me and start hugging me too.

“Jihwan ah… can you promise me one thing?” I asked him getting a nod from him.

“If noona cannot make it…” I said.

“Noona what are you saying? You are going to be just alright.” Jihwan defended.

“I said only if I cannot make it… please take care of appa and omma and your dongsaeng. Study hard and achieve your dream to be a doctor and help omma and appa arraseo. Please take care of them for me. Never blame Jongin oppa for whatever happen arraseo? Even when the truth is revealed later. NEVER EVER. Promise with me.” I told him. I don’t want them to blame everything to Jongin because he has helped us all these years, a lot. Whatever happen in our marriage is just between us. Jihwan pulled away from the hug and the rest started hugging me too. I really hope this wouldn’t be the last time I will ever see them and embrace them in warm hug.

When everyone left, the tears that I was controlling start to drain out again. I’m going to miss them. I couldn’t take this painful thoughts anymore. Unni came running towards me and pulled me into a warm hug.

“Gwenchana Jieun ah. You did well. You did very well. Everything will okay soon. Ahjussi just need to calm his mind down. You don’t worry. He will be there tomorrow. I promise you.” Unni comfort me as she my hair gently.

------------------------------------------

JONGIN POV

I still couldn’t digest the information yet. Why do I always get fooled by the woman I love? First, it was Daeun but then she left when I needed her the most. But then Jieun came but then, she left for Luhan hyung and then Daeun came again. But again she left me for my rival, Min Hyuk.

After the confession, I left the apartment. My mind was just blank. I couldn’t even think properly. I don’t even know where I’m heading to. The whole event kept repeating itself in my brain which is just beyond my control. I kept on walking and walking to where my leg brought me to. Just then I realized this place. The park. The place where I first make up with Jieun. The place where I first I confessed my love to her. The first time where I realized her love for me. Everything is over for us too. Long over, when I found out their relationship. Why do they keep betraying my trust and love for them? WHY? 

The sky was turning dark just like how I am feeling right now. I don’t know what I did to deserve this from the people I love. I stood up from the bench and start walking back home. The journey was worst. Every places that I passed by to get home made me recall every moment I shared with Jieun. But only Jieun. The bakery. The place we always drop by early in the morning to get the fresh sandwich whenever we want more food beside the bento box Jieun made for both of us. The café. The place we always visit after school to enjoy our couple café latte and have some couple time before we go back home. The market. The place where Jieun always force me to follow her every Sunday morning to stock up the fridge. The alley. The place where we shared our first hot kiss outside our house. Basically everywhere. The whole neighbourhood is filled with our memories together.

When I reached home, Lay hyung was standing there waiting for me in front of the door. Lay hyung came straight toward me.

“Yah, Kai what happened to you?” Hyung asked me frantically.

“Hyung I know you why you come here. If you want to tell me that I deserve this. Well, don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter