Final part 2

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

“Anneyeonghasaeyo, CNBLUE Lee Jong Hyun imnida. Nice to meet you.”

There stood a guy with nervousness fully written on his face. He even bowed 90 degree with hands neatly placed at his sides. His attire was neat and simple enough to show his character. GD eyed him from head to toe with serious face. He did ask Jonghyun for the meeting though. As the sunbae in entertainment, he really knew how to exert his force on people. To add Jonghyun’s nervousness, GD wasn’t someone he ever talked to or maybe it wasn’t exaggerating to say most idols never talked to Big Bang because they hardly showed up in music shows and actually, they didn’t dare to communicate with them except a bow.

“Sit.” Without the word ‘please’, GD ordered Jonghyun to sit in front of him. There were only 2 cups of coffee on the table for each of them but Jonghyun didn’t even move his finger after he sat. He was damn nervous that all his nerves seemed froze under GD’s gaze. He suddenly remembered when he got the message of invitation from his manager that morning where his nervousness started more than the nervousness he felt when he first went to a date with a girl. He even thought about what to wear since he didn’t want to lose face in front of a fashionista. But what worried him the most was the fact that GD was the famous ex-boyfriend of Yoona, a woman whom he had interest on.

“Can you guess why im calling you here?” GD said while he clasped his hands together and rested them on the table. The situation at that moment exactly like a serious interview.

“I..dont know, sunbaenim.” Jonghyun answered still didn’t dare to lift up his face. He can feel his sweats started forming. Seeing how nervous Jonghyun looked, GD smirked amused by his reaction.

“I heard you are close with Yoona these days.” GD said surprising Jonghyun. He obviously didn’t know how to reply the question.

“Nehh. But we are just friends, sunbaenim.” Jonghyun finally answered. He was secretly sad that GD seemed to be cared with Yoona, from what he thought, given that GD asked.

“Owh really? But I heard rumor that you have interest in her.” GD said in his serious tone which made Jonghyun not comfortable on his chair. It was too sudden that GD asked about Yoona and him which made him curious.

“Nehh? Anniyo. Im not in the position to have interest in Yoona-shi. She’s..different from me.” Jonghyun said from the bottom of his heart and the last sentence was said lowly. It’s true that he always had this thought that he and Yoona will never work given that how popular Yoona was in Korea while he just the member of CNBLUE which was shadowed by the popularity of his leader.

“Different from you? Are you emphasizing that she doesn’t match with you?” GD said testing Jonghyun.

“Anniyo..what I meant was..” Jonghyun said in panic.

“I understood.” GD finally smiled. He then leaned back to his chair while sipping the coffee from the cup leaving Jonghyun dumbfounded.

“Sunbaenim. May I ask why..” Jonghyun’s words were cut when suddenly a woman he knew appeared beside them. Yoona was there with angry expression while looking at GD.

“Oppa ! What the hell are you doing now?!” Luckily they were in a VIP room that people couldn’t hear the loud voice of Yoona. She sounded so angry that in exaggerating words, fire could be seen coming out from her nose. Jonghyun was startled with the sudden outburst but GD acted like Yoona was reciting a poem to him.

“What? Im drinking my coffee now.” GD acted innocent. The truth was, he was there to help his bestfriend get over the ‘friend’ phase and confessed bravely like what Yoona helped him once with Jessica before.

“Don’t act innocent oppa because you are not. Now let’s go. You are embarrassing me.” Yoona said while tugging GD’s hand as strong as she could.

“Yah, why i embarrassing you?”

“I know what you are doing now oppa. I did say stop interfering with my..” Yoona couldn’t search a better word. GD really testing her patience. She already warned him not to meet or do whatever with Jonghyun because she assumed she was in a one-sided love after all.

“Your what ? Love life? I am just helping.” GD said. That shocked Jonghyun since he didn’t imagine that GD had the authority to know about Yoona’s love life and for that he felt envious.

“You are not ! Now let’s go. I have a lot to settle with you.” Yoona screamed like crazy.

“Yah, you! Arent you going to say something?” GD pointed at Jonghyun.

“Nehh?” Jonghyun said dumbfounded.

“Owh My God ! What the hell is wrong with you? This is the perfect time to confess your love right now!” GD said annoyed with the blur Jonghyun.

“Please oppa. We are just..” Yoona begged to stop the embarrassing scene.

“This is your last chance dude.” GD said while giving a serious glare.

 

 

“Yoona-shi. Can you stay for a moment?” Jonghyun finally said. Yoona on the other hand felt like want to smack GD with a tray for starting this awkward and embarrassing meeting. But in order to preserve her image, she finally agreed. But she didn’t forget to pinch GD’s back secretly before she pushed GD out from the room.

“You are dead oppa after this.” Yoona threatened GD.

“No need to thank me later. Good luck, elephant.” GD playfully said before he ran for his life. Yoona’s big angry eyes were no joke at that moment.

 

 

 

 

Yes. It’s been weeks since the announcement of breaking up of GYoon couple. Mixed reactions were received and fans were totally in war accusing the other to be the cause of the breaking up. Both companies SM and YG just stayed in silence because they knew well explanation wouldn’t do anything. Security was tightened for both Yoona and GD afraid that fans will attack them for the first week. They did go to their SNS channels and apologize for the sudden break up and stated that they were still good friends. After that, people started to accept the reality. In fact, we cant force things.

 

Jisica relationship grew stronger each day. Jessica especially will always go to YG building to meet or accompany GD if she had no schedule. As for GD, he didn’t like go to SM because he and SM’s CEO weren’t in good term since the break up thing. Plus, only certain people in SM knew about their relationship but in YG everyone knew about them.

 

GD’s phone rang when he was driving back to YG. It was still early though.

“Yobeseyo?”

“Oppa ! Where are you?”

GD smiled hearing the voice of his lover eventhough it kinda shouting voice.

“In my car. Wae?”

“What are you doing in your car?” Jessica asked an obvious silly question.

“Of course im driving.” GD said.

“Im waiting in your recording room now. Come here quickly.” Jessica said excitedly totally in different tone from earlier making GD more curious and at the same time happy. He then sped through the roads excited in meeting Jessica again.

 

 

Once GD stepped into his private recording room, he saw Jessica sitting on his chair wearing angry expression. It was totally opposite from her tone on the phone earlier. GD's head was working hard to assume the reason why his girlfriend's mood changed totally but he couldnt find any. He thought he became a better boyfriend these past weeks. Whatever the reason was, GD carefully approached Jessica afraid that she will explode in sudden.

“Oppa !” Jessica yelled out of nowhere and 1 score for GD for guessing it correctly. She now was brave enough to raise her voice to GD.

“What?” GD said didn’t know the reason she yelled.

“I hate those girls ! They really know how to piss me off.” Jessica said in anger. And with that sentence, GD knew what or in exact word who made Jessica angry.

“They are just kids.” GD tried to defend before he held Jessica’s hand. Jessica then distanced herself from GD after she pushed GD’s hand away.

“They are not kids. They can be considered adults.” Jessica said not backing away making GD sighed.

“What is it now? Did they put chewing gum on your cloth again? Or did they put cockroach in your handbag again?” GD guessed. It wasn’t the first time that thing happened. Jessica always had a fit with the girl trainees of YG which GD will act as their producer. It can be said, they were his dongsaengs and he loved them.

“No ! This is worse. I brought this meal pack for you. I arranged it super prettily that i even sacrificed my sleep time but then they came in asking for you. They saw this and started throw and catch it among them.  i swear this looked like those bento in japanese dramas. Now look, it’s all destroyed.” Jessica said with a sad face while showing the meal that she had cooked for GD in a small container. Indeed, the contents looked like bibimbap rather than rice with side dishes.

“But I can still eat them.” GD tried to console Jessica before he took the box and sat on the sofa there. He then motioned the still sulking Jessica to sit beside him. Jessica reluctantly went there.

“Don’t they know I’ll be their sunbae once they debuted?” Jessica said still mad at those naughty girls.

“You girls are so funny. Always bickering like cats and dogs.” GD chuckled before he ate a spoonful of the rice and nodded approving the good taste. Seeing this, Jessica’s anger slowly down.

“They never like me as your girlfriend oppa.” Jessica sighed.

“How do you know that?”

“Because they like you oppa.”

GD nearly choked his rice luckily Jessica was quick enough to offer him water.

“Gwenchanayo oppa?” Jessica asked while rubbing GD’s back.

“Yah, are you kidding me? They are kids. We at least differ by 6 or 7 years. And i dont like small kids.” GD reasoned out.

“What’s wrong with that? When I was their age I always dream to marry H.O.T oppas.”

GD made disbelieved face. Women were really scary when it came to imagination, he thought. After 10 minutes, he finally finished the meal. He was quite happy lately that Jessica always met him and even cooked for him. Unfortunately sometimes, he was too busy with recording and composing that he didn’t have time to spend his time with Jessica who always fell asleep whenever he’s working in the recording room.

“Do you have anything to do after this?” GD asked.

“Nothing. Why?”

“Maybe we can go out for a stroll?”

“Chinja?!”

 

 

 

It had been a long time since the two spent their time outdoors. Usually, they met in YG quarters or GD’s apartment. Jessica smiled like a child with this sudden plan of GD. And what made her more excited was GD decided to take a stroll in the busy crowd. The winter season was as cold as they had experienced before but this marked their first winter together. Everyone in the Hongdae street was busy with their business. Since the Christmas was just a week away, people took time to buy their necessaries to celebrate the day. The snow on the road sides was so thick. Mild snow was falling from the sky to add the festive heat. GD and Jessica dressed like regular people with black and dark green jackets with hoodies to cover their heads from snow. They didn’t wear their usual masks or shades since they thought they didn’t need to. Almost everyone dressed like them to brave the cold surrounding.

“Oppa, im so excited.” Jessica said. They were browsing each store that sold Christmas stuffs with hands intertwined together. Needless to say, GD knew how happy Jessica was.

“I know.”

“We never walk through crowd like this right?” Jessica said.

“Yeah. Luckily the weather allowed us to be free today. Eventhough it’s cold.”

“And it’s beautiful here. I really love the lights. It’s romantic right?” Jessica asked excitedly referring to the lights that decorated the big trees along the streets.

 

Being idols, their world was limited to stages, companies, hotels and home. It’s a great day for both GD and Jessica. Along their walk, they met various people. They encountered elders who were accompanied by their sons shopping together. Children running around with their moms chasing behind them and the same time apologizing to other people in behalf of their kids, couples walking together with hands neatly intertwined with shy looks written on their faces, and even walking Santa Clauses with hands filled with balloons and flyers promoting their own businesses. GD can see how happy Jessica was just by looking at her face. She never stopped smiling along the way.

 

“Are you that happy?” GD asked.

“Nehh. It’s so great oppa. “

“Im sorry that we cant buy things or eat the street’s foods. You know..”

“Anniyo. Im so happy that we just can walk like this. And besides, you are holding my hands. I love it.” Jessica said while smiling widely.

“Tch. Childish. I will buy your christmast present next time. What do you want?” GD said but he also cant hide his happiness.

“Chinja? Can I ask anything?” Jessica squealed excitedly.

“Of course. For Jessica-shi, I can give her anything.” GD said while pinching Jessica’s cheek lightly.

“Jongmal? In that case, I want…Kwon Ji Yong.” Jessica said while blinking her eyes cutely.

“Cheesy much huh? But sorry miss. He’s not available.”

“Waeyo?”

“You have to ask his clueless girlfriend first, Jung Sooyeon” GD played along.

“Now who’s greasy here?” Jessica said while playfully hitting GD’s chest.

“Aigoo, she’s having her mood swing again.” GD said before he pulled Jessica closer to him.

“Im not. Mm..whatever. But oppa, I really wish we can have a date like this everyday.” Jessica said but she understood the reality. She would never achieve that unless she abandoned her idol title. Seeing the sudden change of Jessica’s expression, GD quickly changed the subject.

“Do you want to have a coffee? I know this great place. Let’s go there?”

“Nehh” Jessica answered with a big smile.

 

 

They finally seated in a cozy corner of a coffee shop which was quite empty since everyone preferred to be outside. The table for two was located near the big glass window where they can see the view outside.

“How do you know this place, oppa? It’s great here. I can see the whole street from here.” Jessica said excitedly with her eyes wide opened, radiating her happiness at that moment.

“We usually hang out here. I mean with Big Bang.”

“Really? You sure know lots of cool places, oppa.” Jessica said.

“Not really compared to our maknae. Sometimes I doubt how he knows these places.”

“But still. Owh, I nearly forgot. I have something for you.” Jessica said while clapping her hands excitedly. But then her shyness came when she remembered the thing in her bag. She was hesitating whether to give the ‘something’ to GD at first but eventually, she was there and already handed GD the paper bag that she had been carried.

“What is this?” GD said cluelessly. The red large paper bag was already shoved to his hands by Jessica who already blushing heavily without him knowing the reason.

“I hope you can accept it. im just a beginner but still..”

 

 

GD couldn’t believe his eyes once he opened the bag. In his hand, there was a black scarf knitted roughly with small golden letter J at the end of the scarf. He couldn’t even blink his eyes.

“What..is this?”

Jessica’s throat was dried when GD gave her a look. At that instant, she knew that GD didn’t like it. It’s only a scarf which made by her, an amateur so she doubted GD the fashionista will wear it.

“Nehh? It’s…a scarf.” Jessica said slowly. She was so embarrassed imagining that GD will refuse her gift. She didn’t even dare to look back at GD. Only God knew how much she wanted to grab that scarf bag and burn it immediately.

 

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

Like a thunder struck her, she shot her head up and looked at GD with wide eyes. She didn’t know whether the cold weather had freeze her ears but she did hear GD thanked her which was so rare of him.

“Nehh?”

“I said thank you. I didn’t know you can do this. And this is perfect for this weather.” GD said while examining the scarf in his hand like it’s a very expensive treasure. Not just that, his eyes were even sparkling seeing the scarf on his hand.

Hearing that very short phrase was enough to make Jessica blushing but at the same time proud that GD praised her. She made a mental note to thank her maknae after since she was the one who came up with the idea. Maybe because she did the same to her boyfriend, Yonghwa when they were in We Got Married.

“I asked Seohyun to teach me.” Jessica revealed.

“Seohyun? My future in law?” GD said intentionally, back to his playful mode teasing Jessica whose face already red like traffic light. And he knew what that meant.

“In..law?”

“Yup. Seungri planned to have her as girlfriend.” GD continued before he casually drank his coffee. Jessica didn’t know where to put her face because she knew how stupid must she look right then. Not because of GD saying about the in-law thing but more to the thought she was having when GD said about that thing. Honestly, she thought GD was proposing her. She was ready to say yes if he did.

“But Seohyun is dating CNBLUE’s Yonghwa.” To cover up her embarrass scene, she decided to start another topic.

“I don’t know. Seungri is weird as usual.” GD said.

 

 

“But you know, I am so grateful.” GD continued.

“Why?” Jessica said out of curiosity.

“Because you chose black instead of pink color for this scarf.”

That sentence ended with GD leaned over and planted a kiss on Jessica’s lips who was already blushing as red as tomato. Though that kiss just lasted for 10 seconds, it’s enough to make Jessica going all crazy. She didn’t know whether it’s the cold snowy day, but she was frozen there. Again, it’s not like it’s the first time GD kissed her but she always amazed by how GD can make a kiss felt like the first one. And as the so called ice princess of SNSD, she actually liked winter. But Jessica decided to change the reason for a new one.

 

 

a/n: keke~i know u guys must be "does she plan to have 10 parts for the ending?" lol~anniyo. there will be only 3 parts. or if you want, we can end this story like this. the 3rd part will come....not really soon. but it will come.owh and please comment. i have like 250 something subscribers but only 4 or 5 comments for each chapter. aigoo. ^.^ anyway, enjoy this chapter. see you soon :)