CHAPTER 43

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

K-pop industry was hit by explosive news the next day. The leader of the famous boy group Big Bang was caught hugging with an unknown girl in a car in front of a hotel in Japan. Reporters and media were the ones who busy running here and there, asking anyone and taking pictures of anything that they can just to have any clues of the hot news. Eventhough it’s not that special for GD to have scandals since he always involved in one, reporters were dying to know who’s the special girl that caught the infamous playboy’s heart. And to add the spice, GD who was supposed to be in his break, was spotted at Japan. But none of these beat the fact that the hotel he was caught with the girl was the same hotel where the famous girl group SNSD stayed during their Japan stay. This invited various reactions from the fans. Most VIP were protesting GD from being in relationship again and as for Sones, especially the males, they were bashing GD if it’s true the girl he hugged was from SNSD.

 

 

 

And of course, the 2 big entertainments of Korea which were YG and SM were having the same day as the reporters and media. In fact, they were more hectic than them. Floods of calls and visits from both media and fans were uncontrollable. Securities had to guard the entrances to the building as to prevent the attack from the citizens. This was the first scandal involving these 2 entertainments. It’s usually either JYP-YG or JYP-SM. The main star of this chaos was just arrived at the Incheon International Airport when this news was out. As expected, the reporters from various stations were camping at the airport to wait GD’s arrival. GD who didn’t know about this matter was damn shocked when he was attacked by a bunch of reporters once he stepped out from the arrival hall. So many questions were thrown to him but none of these were shocking than this one question.

 

 

“Is it true that you are dating one of the SNSD members?” GD stopped his steps when he heard this question. He faked a small coughed when he regained his sense since he knew it will cause another scandal if he acted like what they were saying was true. GD took out his shades before he wore it and coolly walked off leaving the reporters unanswered. But inside, he was trembling when what the reporter said was true. He wondered how can they know.

Reporters these days are scary’ Jiyong sighed.

 

 

At SNSD side, luckily it was a bit calmer than in YG’s side. There were still calls from the media to confirm the news but at least there were no reporters camping outside the SM building. By the name of one of the top girl groups in Korea, SM gave out warning to the SNSD members as to cut any connection to others for the time being especially celebrities. The last concert in Japan went well but they still had to be careful since scandals involving male celebrities were the things they tried to avoid the most. SM didn’t have the slightest idea that their most protected idols were already dating other idols. In this case, the woman who was seen hugging with GD was no other than their most popular idol which was Yoona. While the girls were scared to tell their company about their relationships. SM never allowed their idols to date unless they reached 30 years old or if their popularity was decreasing.

 

 

 

 

GD was warned by his sajangnim to not go to YG and just go straight to his home which GD did. When he reached his apartment, he got a call from Yang Hyun Suk.

“Jiyong-ah, is that true?”

“What true?”

“You with one of the SNSD members?”

“Mm..yeah.”

“What?! Are you serious?”

“Yes..” GD didn’t expect that kind of reaction from his sajangnim. He sounded shocked though. Usually, Yang Hyun Suk always calm and supportive when his artists told him that they were in relationship.

“With Yoona?” YG asked predicting that the girl GD always brought to YGE building and spent most of his time with was his girlfriend. There were times where Yoona and Yang Hyun Suk met in GD’s studio. They spoke to each other and Yang Hyun Suk thought Yoona was a really nice girl. And she was really suitable for GD.

“Nehh? Anniyo. It’s Jessica. Her group member.” GD answered.

“Bwoh? I didn’t know you even friend with Jessica.” Yang Hyun Suk was the one who shocked right now. From what he saw, the only SNSD member that GD close with was Yoona. And he never saw GD with Jessica. It made sense since Jessica always went to YG when the office hour was ended or she went there with Yoona.

“How is the situation in YGE building hyung?” GD asked worrying about the mess he caused.

“Like usual. I mean the usual when scandals erupted.”

“Im sorry hyung. I should’ve been careful.” GD felt guilty since among Big Bang members, he’s the one that always caused troubles and scandals. Luckily their fans were still supporting them endlessly regardless on how much scandals he created.

“Don’t worry. This thing will be solved soon. By the way, is the girl with you in the Japan is Jessica?”

“No. It’s Yoona.”

“Wait. Im confused here. Why did you kiss Yoona when you are dating Jessica? Are you..”

“No, im not playing on them.” GD denied his sajangnim’s thought right at the second afraid that his sajangnim will make wild guesses.

“So?”

“Yoona is just my bestfriend. We met after I sent Jessica to her hotel. And we not kissed. We just hugged.” GD explained. He somehow felt weird to explain all these things to his sajangnim. Maybe it was the first time his sajangnim asking so many questions to him about a scandal. It can be understand though since the girl he’s dating was in a famous girl group.

“Well. I hope everything goes well. You should be careful from now on. I trust you enough to take care of yourself. Before I forget, you shouldn’t come to YGE for this time being. I just don’t want the reporters to ruin this building down once they see you here. It’s a new building though and I love it.” Yang Hyun Suk ended his talk by a big laugh.

“Got it hyung. And thanks for backing me up.” GD said before the call was ended. GD really thankful to his sajangnim. Whenever he and s involved in any scandals, Yang Hyun Suk always tried his best to solve the problem. He never let his children faced all the scandals alone. He always supported them from the start till the end.

 

 

 

 

 

After a few days, the media was already tired to seek for any latest info about GD’s scandal since both YG and SM took a silence action. SM denied that their girls had any connections with the Big Bang’s leader or the Big Bang members after their Soshibang period ended. As for YG, they claimed that the girl seen hugging with GD was his bestfriend who lived in Japan and she was staying at the same hotel as SNSD. They did lie about the fact but YGE was very sure if they disclosed that GD was dating SNSD member, then Korea will be in mess.

A week passed after the news. Jessica and Yoona didn’t contact GD since SNSD manager confiscated their phones for the whole week under the CEO’s instruction. Jessica really missed GD but she can do nothing about it. She did mad to GD when she saw the news but luckily Yoona quickly stepped forward to explain the real thing. She swore that she’ll never get jealous with GD-Yoona friendship but she’s just a mere human who also had feelings. She did jealous a bit but she knew better that GD and Yoona were just friends. As for Yoona, she really felt guilty for making GD’s name came up for another unnecessary scandal. And since then, she knew she should be careful and stopped from troubling GD. Leaving GD alone temporary would be the best option for her.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s another usual day of schedule for SNSD. It’s a big event and there will be big name performers that day. When SNSD arrived at the venue, there was already a big crowd sitting in front of the stage watching the ongoing performance. SNSD rushed to their waiting room for the final make-up and sound check. They performed as the second last that night where the crowd was cheering enthusiastically for them. It was a successful stage, one can say. And when the girls came down from the stage, they were so surprised to see Big Bang members standing while chatting to each other, waiting for their turn to perform. But of course, the main character which was Jessica was really surprised yet happy to see her boyfriend there. Jessica really wanted to approach GD but the presence of her protective manager destroyed her hope. Not just Jessica though, every SNSD members really wanted to even say hi to Big Bang but their manager quickly prevented them to do so forcing them to go to the waiting room quickly. As much as their manager wanted to drive the girls home immediately, but the event crew asked SNSD to stay for the last stage where the performers will gather and sing together for the crowd.

 

The last stage was filled with many idols such as SNSD, Big Bang, 2NE1, 2PM, After School, Shinee and many more. And as usual, the YG artists will stand at the very back of the stage in the near-dark area, standing like cops and didn’t even speak to each other. This was why other idols were having false thought about the YG artists. They had this mindset that YG artist were snobby. And it’s actually also a surprise for them that Big Bang and 2NE1 attended the event. Usually, they always attended the selected events. They didn’t even attend Gayo Daejuns if it was nothing related to them. It’s a logic that the other idols didn’t dare to make friends with the YG artists when they were so hard to be approached. SNSD stood at the very front of the stage like usual and sang cheerfully with the rest of the performers. Once the last performance ended, the artists bowed to each other and bid their goodbyes. Jessica took a glance to GD and saw him bowing to the other performers that passed in front of them with s together with 2NE1. But not long after that, they left the stage without saying anything to SNSD. Jessica really wanted to chase GD but she knew it was not a wise choice especially when they were surrounded by many artists.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica sighed. She really wanted to meet GD after a whole week because she crazily missed him. Yoona who was standing near her heard her sigh.

“Why are you sighing unnie?” Yoona asked.

“No, nothing.” Jessica lied with a sad face. But somehow, Yoona did see that Jessica was checking out on GD before.

“I saw you looked at GD oppa just now.”

“Nehh? No, im not.” Jessica denied the fact again.

“Aigoo unnie. There’s nothing to lie to me. Why don’t you just meet him?”

“Meet him? He didn’t even look at me. And didn’t you see manager oppa always signaling us to hurry up so that he can send us home early?” Both of them sighed.

“Unnie, im so sorry because of me you and GD oppa couldn’t meet each other since that thing happened.” Yoona said referring to the scandal and she felt guilty as she believed she was the one that separated the lovely couple. And she knew she can do nothing about it.

 

Let just say that God heard the 2 persons’ hearts, GD and Jessica, as that night, SNSD manager had to go somewhere for 3 days for an urgent matter after the event and he asked Taeyeon to take care of her members on his behalf which Taeyeon gladly did since she also felt extremely happy inside because she can gain her freedom back. And of course the other SNSD members were also celebrating this news. But no one’s happiness was higher than Jessica’s. She thanked God for the thousands times that night that it was her chance to meet GD within her manager’s absence. It’s not like they hated their manager because their manager oppa had been with them since their debut where they were still no one until now when they were already top star and took care of them like his own kids, but sometimes they needed air to breathe. So once their van reached their dorm, Jessica begged Taeyeon to release her for that night to meet GD which Taeyeon half-heartedly agreed. It also hurt her seeing Jessica looked lost when she didn’t meet GD for so long.

“Make sure you come back tomorrow.” Taeyeon warned Jessica for the hundreds times that night. Eventhough Jessica was tired but she was really excited to meet GD at his house, of course without him knowing.

“Yeah, I will. Thanks leader. You are jjang !” Jessica hugged Taeyeon tightly that Taeyeon felt her ribs intercalated. With that, Jessica ran off to the road in front of their dorm.

“Yah ! How will you go there?” Taeyeon asked Jessica who was already far from her.

“Taxi !” Jessica yelled while waving her hand vigorously. Taeyeon smiled seeing Jessica smiled happily. She really hoped that Jisica can last forever. But then, something struck in her mind.

She didn’t change her clothes. That girl, chinja..’ Taeyeon shook her head remembering how clumsy Jessica was. Jessica was still in her stage outfit when she ran as her life depended on it to the waiting taxi.

 

Jessica was extremely careful when she sneaked into GD’s apartment building that anyone could misunderstand that she’s a robber. But luck wasn’t sided with her when she couldn’t enter the building since the security of the building didn’t allow strangers to come in without any valid permission. And then, Jessica went to check GD’s car at the parking lot where he usually parked his car but only to find it’s not there. She decided to give a call to GD and again just to find the latter’s phone was off-ed. Subsequently, she ended up sitting outside the main gate in the dark area while hugging her knees. It was very cold that night that her teeth can be heard clattering and her body was shivering continuously. That was when she regretted to go there without changing her thin outfit. Jessica was determined that she will wait for GD no matter how long it will take since it’s the only chance for her to meet GD.

 

She didn’t know how long she was sitting outside the gate when she saw a bright light coming from her left. She shielded her eyes from the blinding light and after a few seconds, the light was gone and revealing a luxurious car which she really familiar with.  Then she saw a young handsome guy whom she knew very well coming out from the driver’s seat. He locked the car and headed to the main gate without even noticing Jessica’s presence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa !” Jessica called GD in a low voice since she was in the cold for a long time which made GD startled. He was so shocked to hear a girl’s voice calling him in the middle of the night that he nearly fell. He frantically searched for the voice source.

“Oppa.” Jessica said again before she approached GD whose shock became much bigger because he didn’t expect to see her there at that moment. Without thinking further, GD grabbed Jessica’s hand and walked in a quick pace into the apartment. Once they entered GD’s apartment, GD released Jessica’s hand and turned to see her with an expressionless face. Seeing this made Jessica stirring up a bit. She expected GD to be all delight to see her after a whole week without communication but what she saw in front of her was totally opposite. She guessed that maybe GD didn’t want her to be there because he might afraid that reporters will know about this and it will add the already messed up GD’s problems.

While she was having her own thoughts about the matter, she suddenly felt a soft warm body touched hers with arms wrapped around her.

“I miss you so much.” GD whispered to Jessica’s ears while tightening the hug. A smile appeared slowly on Jessica’s face. She didn’t expect GD to say those words. He sometimes would say those romantic words but only in special days.

“Oppa..I..” Jessica couldn’t continue her words when she sneezed loudly because she still felt the cold. GD released Jessica and scanned her from her head to toe.

“Why are you still wearing this?” GD asked with a frowned face. He couldn’t believe Jessica was wearing those thin outfit when the temperature out there was cold.

“I go here once I reached my dorm. So, yeah..” Jessica said which earned a sigh from GD.

“How long you were out there? “ GD asked with a stern voice.

“I..dont..know?” Jessica was unsure with her answer.

“Why you didn’t call me to tell that you are here?”

Jessica didn’t know what to answer so she just shrugged her shoulders.

“Oh man ! This is just ridiculous. Do you know it’s very cold out there?” GD was angry to know that Jessica had to stand the cold just because to meet him.

“I thought that..”

“Now, take your shower and change your clothes. Come.” GD interrupted Jessica and led her to his wardrobe room which Jessica never entered. She never saw other parts of the apartment beside GD’s room and the living room. Once Jessica entered the room, she was so shocked to see how spacious the room was and how big the closets were. The entire walls were filled with closets which Jessica believed had GD’s clothes in them. At the corner of the room, there were 5 big racks where GD’s various shoes were placed neatly. In short, she felt like she entered a big clothing shop.

“Choose anything that you want to wear. But I suggest you wear a long sleeve sweater with a..”

“Oppa..”

“..a black shirt will do too. But since it’s night maybe it’s more suitable if you wear..”

“Oppa !”

“..but I have this pink shirt. I think it suits you better. I never wore it before. That shirt is amazing. I..”

“OPPA !” Jessica yelled a bit when GD couldn’t stop ranting about his clothes and fashion. GD may be a cold and rarely talk rapper but when it came to clothes, nothing could stop him.

“Yes?” GD asked.

“I know what to wear. Besides, it’s not like im going anywhere.” Jessica sighed.

“Owh right. Yeah..it’s just night. Well maybe I should place another closet here for your clothes. That’s a good idea. I should buy you more clothes then. Who knows when you will spend your nights here.” GD said with a smirk before he went out from the room.

Is he serious?’ Jessica sometimes couldn’t believe GD. Honestly, he was the first guy that she knew that willing to spend a lot of money for clothes. And Jessica felt that apart from being GD’s girlfriend, she’s also GD’s doll. GD loved to buy her clothes and asked her to wear this and that to make himself happy.

With a sigh, Jessica walked to the nearest closet and opened it. What she saw was something that made wide opened.

This is ridiculous.’ Jessica thought with her hand covered . The closet was filled with lot of branded clothes with various styles and colors. Eventhough most of them were weird, but Jessica believed, the total cost for those clothes were just unimaginable by her.

What he’s doing with all these expensive clothes?’ Jessica then opened the next closet just to find another lines of branded clothes hanging in it. She proceeded to open the other closets and the same thing showed up. Everything was just expensive in her eyes. People may look her as a girl that loved to waste money but in fact, she’s really a money saver. She didn’t like to waste money on unimportant things. She was actually shocked with GD’s lifestyle. She knew he earned a lot as a singer. The news even reported him as the idol that earned the most but she didn’t get why GD had to spend a lot of money just on clothes.

This is insane.’ With that, Jessica grabbed a shirt that looked the least expensive among the branded ones and a hoodie sweater before she went to take a shower.

 

 

 

 

 

After 20 minutes, Jessica stepped out from the bathroom and saw GD who was watching television from his bed.

“Owh you’re done. Come sit here.” GD patted the space beside him. Jessica didn’t remember since when she got used to share a bed with GD. And as usual, GD loved to put Jessica’s head on his shoulder and his arm was wrapped around Jessica. Jessica was actually wanted to talk to GD because she missed him so much but she didn’t know where to start. So, following GD, she also directed her eyes to the television which showing B.A.P performing Warrior in SBS Inkigayo.

“Wow. They are good. Who are they?” GD asked Jessica.

“You don’t know them?” Jessica asked in disbelief. For her, B.A.P was a must-know rookie group these days. Even her members liked B.A.P.

“Am I supposed to know them?” GD asked again.

“Yeah. Of course you have to know them. They are B.A.P ! Best Absolute Perfect ! They’re the best rookie now.” Jessica said with excitement.

“You don’t need to squeal like that. And what’s with the weird name?” GD said before he gave his usual forehead-flick to Jessica.

“Chinja..by the way. We SNSD really love these guys. They are so cool. We met them at the event before. The one you also attended tonight.” Jessica said.

“Owh. Were they there? I didn’t notice them.”

“How can you notice them when you and your members are so anti-social. Everytime we have events, you guys from YG never talk with other singers. That’s why you don’t know most of the singers nowadays.” Jessica said.

“We are not anti-social. We are just…shy” GD couldn’t even say the last word. For reasons, he had to protect the YG Family’s reputation.

“As if..Well, maybe not 2NE1 since Shindong, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk oppas are their friends. But still, you shouldn’t just stand at the very back of the stage, oppa. Mingle with others is not harming.”

“We do talk with other idols.” Another try from GD to prove that he’s not like what Jessica said.

“Like who? 2NE1? Gummy sunbaemin? Psy sunbaenim? They are all from YG. And as far as I know, the only girl group that is not from YG that you guys talk with is Wonder Girls. Aside from them, do you have any other idol friends?” Jessica didn’t know what made her to say all these to GD. But somehow, she needed to tell GD this so that other people wont mistake the YG Family as snobbish people. She knew them very well. She knew how good and kind they were so maybe by telling GD all these can make them realize that friendship with other idols was important too. As for GD, he knew what Jessica said was all true. But he felt that it’s natural for them.

“Yeah I do. I am friend with 2PM’s Junsu and B2ST’s Hyunseung.” GD said.

“Junsu oppa is your friend from YG and Hyunseung also a YG trainee before he moved to B2ST. “

“It’s awkward you know to talk with people we don’t know.”

“Aigoo oppa. Acting all cool doesn’t give you anything good.” Jessica said before she continued to watch the television.

“Im not acting cool, silly. How dare you say all these to me?” GD said. He’s actually irritated that Jessica was saying he’s acting all cool in front of others. So there Jessica was, earning another knock on her head.

“Ouch ! Fine. I wouldn’t talk about that again. No need for the violence.” Jessica said before she moved away from GD. But GD pulled her again before he locked his arm around Jessica’s body. Jessica struggled to release her body from GD’s grip. But being a fragile woman didn’t give her any advantages against GD.

“Stop struggling or I’ll kiss you.” GD warned Jessica which hit it’s shot immediately. Jessica was like paralyzed when GD said that.

“Do you hate my kiss that much?”

 

 

After some time passed, Jessica felt sleepy since she was so tired that night.

“Oppa, aren’t you sleepy?” Jessica asked with a yawn.

“Not really. By the way, do you members know you going here?” GD asked not getting Jessica’s hint.

“Yeah. I’ve told Taeyeon.”

“Is it okay for you to be here? I heard that your manager doesn’t allow you girls to go out from the dorm unless you have schedules.” GD said.

“It’s our luck that he had something important to do for 3 days which also the days we don’t have schedules.” Jessica said while smiling happily.

“Does that mean you gonna spend your 3 days here? Then I should prepare you your closet.” Jessica can only sigh hearing GD’s insistence to buy her closet.

“Speaking of which, how did you get here if your manager isn’t around?” GD asked again.

“I took a cab.”

“What? Arent you afraid they recognize you?”

“Most of taxi drivers are very old to know me.”

“But it is still dangerous. Don’t you have car?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.” Actually Jessica was saving money to buy another thing that she dreamt everyday and she never told anyone about that including GD.

“Do you want me to buy you a car? Just tell me which model you like.” GD said seriously. People may not believe about how rich GD was but factually, he was rich.

“Aigoo oppa. Stop wasting your money by buying me expensive things.” Jessica shook her head when again GD showed how careless he was in handling money.

“It’s not wasting when it’s for you.” GD said.

“Never mind. I can still ride a taxi when I want to go anywhere. It’s late oppa. We should sleep.” Jessica said before she stood up from the bed.

“Where are you going?” GD asked.

“To the sofa.”

“Why? You should sleep beside me. This bed is spacious enough for two of us.”

“But..”

“No but. Now come here girl before I am the one who pull you here.”

With a heavy sigh, Jessica laid beside GD. GD spontaneously hugged Jessica tightly while smiling widely.

“It must be very good if you are here beside me every night.” GD said.

“If only your fans are ready to accept me.” Jessica said realizing that being idol didn’t guarantee you a great love life.

“Well, someday they will.”

 

 

“Oppa, did you see me at the concert tonight?” Jessica carefully asked.

“Yeah. Why are you asking?”

“No, nothing.” Jessica said eventhough her heart said the opposite. She was somehow sad that GD didn’t approach her or even looked at her direction.

“Are you somehow disappointed that I didn’t meet you at the event?” GD asked with a smirk.

“No I was not.” Jessica denied with a blushing face. GD surely knew how to touch her sensitivity.

“Tch. You cant cheat the great G-Dragon. I know you miss me so much.” GD teased Jessica when he already knew the fact.

“Who says I miss you. So full of yourself. I had lots of works to do you know. Don’t have time to think about you.” Jessica said smugly.

“Aigoo~this is bad. You don’t miss me for this whole week but I miss you like crazy here. I even messaged and called you so many times.” GD said faking a sad face.

“You did?” Jessica asked with an even redder face when GD said he missed her.

“You think?”

“My manager took our phones for the whole week. Im sorry that I cant answer your calls.” Jessica apologized.

“Never mind. As long as you are here now. And also I should say sorry because I pretended I didn’t see you at the event this night. I was actually afraid that someone will know about us since you know..the news surfaced. You know how scary those reporters are.”

Jessica blamed herself for not believing GD. She did thought GD didn’t want to see her anymore but he proved it otherwise.

“By the way, thanks for being here.” GD said while caressing Jessica’s hair gently.

 Jessica just kept silent eventhough her heart was beating crazily. GD always thanked her when she came to meet him. That was one habit GD had that she loved. He may be mean to her but he appreciated her.

“Jessica..”

“Nehh?” It felt weird for Jessica when GD said her name appropriately. Usually, it’s pabo, girlfriend or clueless girl.

“I love you. Good night.” With that fast-spoken sentence, GD switched off the lamp using the remote controller to hide his blushing face. It’s been a long time that he didn’t utter those magical words to Jessica. As for Jessica, she felt that it was a good thing to accept GD as her boyfriend. She usually had romantic type boyfriends before but GD who everyone said a romantic type guy was actually cute and funny. He was romantic but in a weird way. Jessica leaned closer to GD and kissed GD’s cheek.

“I love you too oppa. Good night.” The night ended with both of them smiling despite the scandal that arose from the Japan’s incident. And it’s also a good thing that they had less quarrels at that night. Usually, GD always did his best to ‘torture’ Jessica in any ways he can think of but that night was just beautiful. They might be happy for now, but who knows what will wait for them in the future. So, they knew better that they should appreciate any chance that they can be together before they regret it.