CHAPTER 39

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

“SURPRISE !!!!!!” Jessica was so surprised to see her friends who were smiling widely in front of her once she switched on the light in the practice room. She was called by Yuri earlier that they will have an important meeting for their Japanese concert tour the next week. But little did she know that it was a prank to surprise her on her birthday.

Taeyeon was holding a cake with a ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ candles on it. Then she knew that it was her birthday that day.

Owh yeah. Today is the day of my last contract with GD oppa. And it also my birthday’

Jessica thought while smiled happily seeing all her friends made an effort to surprise her and even arranged this birthday party. The room was beautifully decorated with balloons and colorful ribbons hanging here and there. There were also foods and drinks on a big table in the middle of the room. All SNSD, Fx, Shinee and a few Super Junior members were there to celebrate that night. Jessica was so grateful towards them.

Everyone was wishing Jessica a happy birthday even Donghae. Jessica didn’t have any more grudges against Donghae. So, they were cool about it. The rest guests were enjoying themselves while drinking and eating. There were also comedy performances from the Super Junior members and even a dance battle between the groups. In short, that night was super fun with lots of performances and games in it and Jessica was so above the world.

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jess. I heard that you are now with that Dragon guy.” Heechul said out of nowhere. Jessica was startled with his sudden appearance in front of him.

“Oppa ! Could you please don’t just appear in front of me in sudden? Luckily I don’t have any heart problems.” Jessica said while rubbing her chest.

“Tssk. Acting like an ahjumma. So is it true that you are seeing him?” Heechul asked like a police officer.

“Yes I am. And please don’t call him Dragon guy. He’s G-Dragon.” Jessica defended her boyfriend.

“Wow. Now you are already defending him. A progress I can say. But I thought he is with Yoona.” Heechul said cluelessly without realizing Jessica’s changing expression. She was already made a promise to herself that she wouldn’t be jealous to Yoona anymore but hearing that people always thought that her boyfriend was with another girl was still made her quite affected.

“Anniyo. They are just bestfriends.” It was weird for Jessica to say these words by her own mouth.

“But nevertheless, you are so lucky to get that Dragon guy. He’s the richest idol you know. I would quit being a singer if I were you.” Heechul made a joke and laughed to his own joke. Jessica felt irritated when someone said about GD being the rich guy and she was lucky for having him and whatsoever.

“Im with him not because of money oppa. And I wouldn’t quit my singing career because this is my passion.” Jessica stated sternly.

“Woah. Chill, girl. I was just joking. “

“Don’t ever make a joke like that again.”  

“I think I should go before you do anything to me. Owh, by the way, happy birthday. Chow.” Heechul said before he flicked Jessica’s forehead. And then he ran to meet Shinee’s Key.

“Yah ! Oppa ! It hurts.” Jessica said while rubbing her forehead. Sometimes she really cant stand with Heechul’s childish behavior.

 

 

 

 

While Jessica was busy imagining what she would do to Heechul for revenge when she got the chance to meet him next time, she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was Donghae.

“Hi Jess.” Donghae started the conversation with a smile.

“Owh oppa. Hi. How are you?” Jessica also smiled.

“Im fine.”

“That’s good then.”

“Jess.. I heard about you and G-Dragon-shi. Congratulation.” Donghae said while smiling widely. Honestly, he was so relieved that Jessica could move on and even had a substitute of him. He was so afraid that Jessica will still hate him for what he had done.

“Thanks oppa. How about you and Sunye-shi? Is she still in the States?”

“We are good. Yeah she is there now. But sometimes she will be here in Korea and that will be the time for us to meet.”

“It must be hard for both of you.” Jessica felt sympathy towards the couple. She was very aware about Wonder Girls’ activities in overseas. They were rarely in Korea. So, it must be hard for Donghae-Sunye couple to meet each other. But in other view, she was impressed by their love. Eventhough they were far from each other, they still together. She really hoped that she will be like that with GD.

“It is. But we both know that as celebrities this is what we will face if we are in a relationship. And im thankful that Sunye is a really an understanding girl. She also supports me a lot during my hard times.” Donghae said. His eyes were like glittering showed like he was remembering Sunye.  But then his thought was interrupted by a phone call. Donghae took his phone from his pocket and answered the phone. It was Sunye who called him. Donghae made a gesture to excuse himself from Jessica and Jessica just nodded while smiling. She was happy to see Donghae happy with Sunye.

‘Donghae oppa is so lucky.’ Jessica sighed when she remembered about GD. GD didn’t call or message her since this morning. Not that she’s desperate to get his call but at least she hoped that GD showed a sign that all that happened was not a dream. And on top of that, remember about her birthday.

 

 

 

 

 

Just then, she heard her most awaited ringtone from her phone. A ringtone that she set specially for GD. She quickly answered the phone cheerfully. But before she can say her next word, she heard GD’s usual voice.

“Yah ! Be here at YGE rooftop in 15 minutes. If you are late, I’ll post your ugly picture on internet.” Then it was beep..beep… Jessica was stunned at her place. She couldn’t register what GD said. But after a minute for being like a statue, she realized that she should hurry went to YGE. She knew GD well. When he said 15 minutes, then it’s exactly 15 minutes.

Jessica packed her stuffs hurriedly before she shouted to her friends.

“Guys ! Thanks for tonight. I really appreciate your deeds. And thanks for the gifts. But I really have to go. See you later.” With the speedy speech, she ran towards the door like a lightning leaving all her guests dazed in confusion.

“Where is she going?” Yuri asked.

“Where else?” Hyoyeon stated the fact.

“To GD oppa, of course.” Taeyeon said. Eventhought Jessica was not there, they still continued the party.