CHAPTER 42

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

“Yah ! Palli !” GD shouted at Jessica when Jessica was way left behind him holding a bunch of shopping bags in her hands. She’s wearing a tired and sick face while her body was sweating all over. She and GD were strolling around the biggest shopping mall in Tokyo while shopping, GD insisted. GD and Jessica looked like a real couple wearing the same type of hoodie jacket while disguising themselves as much as they can since fans were everywhere. And if they didn’t careful, everything will be blown up.

They were already in the shopping mall for 3 hours and those hours were filled with GD buying Jessica tons of clothes that she never wore in her whole life. That’s the price she had to pay for being a fashionista’s girlfriend.

“Oppa. Im tired. Can we just rest for a moment?” Jessica said before she went to a nearby bench provided in the mall. Once she sat there, she released all the bags from her grips and started to massage her legs, a sign of how tired she was. GD sighed seeing his girlfriend all tired and he started to feel guilty because it was him who dragged Jessica around the shopping mall. GD walked towards Jessica and sat beside her.

“I offered to hold those bags just now, but you rejected it. Now look what happens to you.” GD said which made Jessica looked at him with an unbelievable expression. True that GD did offer to hold those bags but that was when the number of bag was only 2. So Jessica felt the responsibility to hold them since GD already bought those clothes for her for free and not to forget all those clothes were branded and the prices were expensive. At first, Jessica didn’t agree of GD buying her expensive things but GD just took all those clothes and put them on the counter and swiped his card.

 However, she never thought that the number of bags will increase like that. And she didn’t know how to voice out about how heavy the bags were. Eventhough Jessica felt like she was wronged by GD, she let it passed since it was their date.

“Why do you have to buy me lots of clothes? Not to mention that these are the types of clothes that I don’t wear.”

“It’s because I don’t like your short skirts and those small shirts of yours. Be grateful that I bought you these.” GD said before he gave a light knock to Jessica’s head.

“Oppa ! It hurts.” Jessica whined but GD just ignored her.

“So do you want to have another round of shopping?” GD said unexpectedly. Honestly, he was really happy to buy Jessica lots of clothes that much more to his preferences rather than Jessica’s. He loved to see Jessica in different styles other than cutesy yet y.

“Shiroyo. I am so tired oppa. These clothes are already more than enough.” Jessica objected GD’s suggestion. She can feel her bones were creaking due to tiredness.

“Okay then. How about I’ll buy you another shoes? We only bought 7 and it’s not enough.” GD said.

“Oppa~! 7 is so many already. Besides, it’s not like I’ll wear them everyday.”

“No. You must wear all the things I bought you. If only I can go to your house and burn all those clothes of yours.” GD said but more to himself. Jessica just shook her head in disbelief with GD’s unbelievable behavior. She knew how much GD didn’t like her clothes’ styles but she never imagined that it will be at this rate. He’s willing to buy Jessica lots of hip-hop clothes just to change her style.

“Im thankful that you bought me all these oppa. But seriously, it’s enough. And why did you buy me expensive things?”

“They’re not expensive. It’s just that they are cost higher than usual.” GD said.

“You shouldn’t waste your money like this oppa.” Jessica sighed.

“It’s not wasting ! I bought them for you because I want to.” GD said in his anger tone. He thought that Jessica didn’t appreciate what he did. Jessica felt guilty at sudden with Jiyong’s words. She knew that when GD was mad, she should do something faster or else she’ll be in trouble.

“Im sorry oppa. Im appreciating what you bought for me and I’ll make sure that I’ll wear them.” Jessica said while putting her hand on GD’s hand. Hearing those words, GD slowly smiled because he knew it was a promise from Jessica. Jessica cant help but notice how childish GD can be.

“Good girlfriend. That’s why I love you.” GD said while giving a pat on Jessica’s head. Jessica was blushing hard with GD’s confession, eventhough she didn’t expect GD to say those words since GD rarely said that he loved her.

“So now, where do you want to go?” GD asked Jessica after he decided to cancel the next round of shopping.

“I don’t know.” Honestly, Jessica really wanted to go for a romantic date with GD, but she just couldn’t tell it to GD and her legs didn’t give much help.

“Are your legs already okay?” GD asked with a concern face.

“It’s okay. Just a bit tired.”

“Can you walk?”

“Yeah, I think so.” Jessica said eventhough the truth said otherwise. She just didn’t want to trouble GD.

“Let’s go then.” GD said before he extended out his hand to hold Jessica’s. Jessica gladly took GD’s hand and stood up. That’s when she felt like her legs were burning in pain but of course she didn’t show it in front of GD. GD took all the bags with his other hand and started to walk holding hands with Jessica to the parking lot to their next destination.

 

 

 

 

 

“Woah oppa ! This is so beautiful.” Jessica said happily while admiring the nice lake view in front of her. The lake was decorated by colorful lights around the bank and there were benches provided so that visitors could relax and admire the lake. Jessica was so happy that GD brought her there since she really needed to go to a place that can relax her mind. GD was also happy when seeing Jessica all smile compared to when they were in the shopping mall.

“You sure know a lot of good places oppa.” Jessica said before she sat on the nearest bench from which she can get a nice view of the lake.

“Of course. Im G-Dragon by the way.” GD said with the usual smirk on his face.

Tssk. He really cant receive any compliments. So prideful.

“Don’t you want to take a walk around?” GD said because he felt boring sitting on the bench and he actually wanted to show Jessica the place.

“I dont know. Maybe I’ll just sit here. My legs are still hurting.” Jessica felt it’s a waste to not walk around the beautiful lake but she really cant walk that far.

“It still hurts? Let me take a look.” GD asked before he positioned Jessica to face him and lifted up her right leg and put it on his lap to get a better view of her leg.

“This is why I bought you all those shoes because you always wear these killing heels. You know that it’s bad for you right? Now look what happens to you when you wear these heels even just for 3 hours? Stubborn girl.” GD nagged Jessica before he slipped off the right heel from Jessica’s leg and did the same to the left’s heel. He felt his decision on buying Jessica all those sneakers was right. What he did next was really shocking for Jessica. He threw the pair of heels into the lake. The high heels made a loud noise when they penetrated the lake’s surface. Luckily, there were only few people there who were too busy to take care of others’ businesses that they didn’t realize that a pair of high heels was thrown into the lake. If not, GD was surely sent to the police at the moment for littering in public place.

“OPPA ~! ” Jessica said with dinner-plate-wide eyes. She didn’t believe that GD just threw her hard-earned Prada shoes that she loved to death. She gave a death glare to GD who just acted like he was in picnic mode.

“What?” GD asked acted clueless.

“Don’t ‘what’ me? You just threw my favorite shoes !” Jessica cant stop from yelling her heart out which made GD acted fast to shut with his palm before the lake visitors spotted them.

“Yah ! Quite a bit. People will recognize us. It’s just high heels. What’s with the commotion?” GD said. Jessica struggles to get GD’s hand off from and when she succeeded, she started again her yelling.

“It’s not just high heels! It’s my favorite. You are so insensitive, oppa.” Jessica said before she looked away from GD and pouted in disagree.

“But it hurts you. That’s why I threw them.” GD said in his still-not-so-guilty tone. Honestly, he didn’t know that his action will make Jessica angry towards him. He was the one who usually mad at Jessica but now, it’s the other way round. But, being the mighty GD, he just cant lose to Jessica eventhough she’s his girlfriend. But then, he grabbed again Jessica’s feet and put them again on his lap and started to massage Jessica’s soles.

Jessica was startled when she felt her legs were suddenly on GD’s laps and she even got more shock when GD started to massage her sole. A second ago, GD was mad at her and now he massaged her feet. Another thing to add in GD weird acts.

“Op..oppa..”

“I know sometimes im being unreasonable by prohibiting you doing so many things that you like. But I cant help it since you always do things that can harm you in any ways. I feel the responsibility to tell you things that I know, but if you don’t want to listen, then it’s up to you from now on. I’ll still love you though.” GD said deeply while still massaging Jessica’s feet. Hearing those words, Jessica’s eyes became teary unknowingly.

This bad guy’ Jessica said in her heart before she leaned over to GD and hugged him tightly. GD was left dumbfounded when Jessica hugged him tightly. A moment ago, Jessica was mad at him and now she was hugging him like there’ll be no tomorrow. GD heard a lot about how women can easily change their mood but he never encountered a serious case like Jessica’s. GD slowly pushed Jessica to face her just to see her face wet with tears.

“Yah~why are you crying? If you like those shoes that much, I’ll take them back now.” GD said in fluster. He knew what he said sounded impossible but if that’s the only way that can make their bickering stopped, then he will do it. He stood up and ready to go. But Jessica was faster to stop him from leaving and do anything stupid. She pulled GD back to the bench to make him sit.

“Pabo~you cant find them anymore. They are already in the lake.” Jessica said while wiping her tears with both her hands like an innocent child.

“Yah ! Who do you say pabo? Me?” GD asked with a fake anger tone before giving Jessica a light fingerflick on her forehead, a thing that he loved to do lately to Jessica.

“Ouch, oppa~!” What GD did didn’t help much to calm Jessica. Jessica whined in pain and her tears were flowing more that before. GD was panicked with the situation. His intention was just to make the situation lighter but then Jessica cried more.

“Yah~stop crying. Im sorry. I was just..” GD’s words cant be completed when once again Jessica hugged him tighter than before.

“You..always hit..me..oppa.. And don’t..hikks..try to deny that..that you are..a pabo..” Jessica still had the guts to say those words eventhough she was crying. The probability that GD will say other cruel words was high but she didn’t care. She herself didn’t even know why she’s crying but she thought that it must be because she was touched on how much GD cared for her, eventhough in the strangest way. People around her always say that her boyfriend was a romantic and loving guy. She didn’t believe it since what she experienced were totally the opposite. GD always pranked her, toyed her, made her cried and even to the extent that she really mad at GD. But as time passed by, she realized that all those were true but GD didn’t show them directly for some reasons that she didn’t know why. She always received bad treatments from GD but she knew his intention was good. GD was like fire and she had to be the water. If she also acted like a kid, then their relationship wouldn’t last long.

Jessica’s words seemed like a reliever for GD. He was damn scared when Jessica was crying after he playfully hit her but luckily she didn’t mad at him. GD then slowly raised his hands and replied Jessica’s hug.

“Childish girl.” GD said before a smile formed on his face. For GD, Jessica was really a perfect girl for him. He admitted that he always treated her badly but that was just because he’s afraid. He was afraid that if he loved Jessica so much, he will be hurt someday. He loved her, and there’s no denial in that but he was still in his precautious mode. His relationship with Jessica was really new and he wanted to develop this relationship slowly with the aim that their relationship will last forever. And he was really thankful to Jessica that she was really patient in dealing with him. GD himself felt weird on why he loved to tease Jessica. He never did those things to his ex-girlfriends before. But with Jessica, everything was different. He acted childishly, smiled frequently and even thought a lot about their future.

They stayed in the hugging position for a long minute before she released Jessica.

“I think my bones will break anytime soon. You hug me damn tight.” GDs said playfully while rubbing his side which earned another light slap on his arm from Jessica.

“Be grateful that I hug you” Jessica said the famous line of GD before she lifted her legs and placed them again on GD’s lap. She acted like they were not in a little drama scene just now. It can be said that GD and Jessica are a couple which have the most unstable hormone.

“Wow ! You are so full of yourself here miss. Who say you can put you smelly legs here?” Even so, GD continued his massaging session.

 

 

“You know why Taeyeon and Hyoyeon like you so much oppa?”

“Why?”

“Because they think that you are a romantic cool rapper which I think is not that true.” Jessica said bravely. She didn’t know what got into herself that she dared to say something that maybe can make GD angry.

“I am romantic for you information. And I think the most romantic among idols you ever known. I just don’t have the feeling to be all romantic with you because if I do, then you will be deadly fall in love with me.” GD said with his usual proud tone.

“As if” Jessica said to herself but still can be heard by GD.

“I think I reminded you about not talking like that to me.” GD said while giving a death glare to Jessica.

“Talking like what?” Jessica asked pretending she had no idea what GD was talking about. GD just rolled his eyes because he knew Jessica wouldn’t admit it. While GD was still massaging Jessica’s legs and at the same time admiring the lake view, his phone rang signaling a call came in. GD stopped his hands and fished out his phone and looked at the caller ID before he answered it.

“Hey Sunye. What’s up?” GD said happily to the caller which was Sunye, her long bestfriend whom he hadn’t met for long time. Jessica was all aware when she heard Sunye’s name a.k.a Donghae’s girlfriend. She really wanted to know what GD and Sunye were chatting about but from the look of it, it must be something happy since GD was all smiled and even laughing.

They look close. But why Sunye-shi calls oppa?

“Don’t forget to call me when you back in Korea..yeah..yeah..see you.” With that, GD ended the call while a smile still pestering on his face. Jessica looked at GD with an expression that begging GD to share what his conversation with Sunye was all about.

“What?” GD asked Jessica while lifting his eyebrow.

“What did you say with Sunye-shi?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Oppa~there’s no harm in telling me though.” Jessica pleading like a child while doing her aegyo face.

“She told me about her debut in US. Nothing else. And we promised to meet once we have time later.” GD said. For some reasons, Jessica felt jealous towards Sunye since she got the attentions from many male idols including her ex-boyfriend and her current boyfriend. But she didn’t blame her though, since she knew Sunye was a very friendly and good woman.

“Why are you asking? Are you jealous?” GD said after seeing Jessica all quiet like she was thinking about something deeply.

“Jealous? For what?” Jessica denied the truth.

“Just tell me if you are jealous. We are a couple after all. By the way, I really cant wait to meet Sunye and the other Wonder Girls. It’s been a long time since we met. They must be really busy right now with their US debut. Hope they will do well there.” GD said while remembering their Wonderbang moments. Jessica felt really jealous when she saw GD’s happy face when he’s talking about his friendship with Wonder Girls.

“Why are you quiet?” GD asked Jessica.

“Nehh? Owh nothing. I was just thinking if we debut in US next year, will we have time for each other?” Jessica said. It’s true that SM had plan for SNSD’s debut in US next year following Wonder Girls step and 2NE1 also joining the plan of spreading Hallyu wave.

“What?! You will go to US next year?” GD was extremely shocked with the news. He didn’t have any idea that SNSD will also debut in US and if that happen, Jessica will have no time for him.

“Yeah. We have this plan since this early year. And maybe we’ll leave Korea for a year or two to really focus our career there. And I also hope everything will go smooth.” Jessica said while hoping that her group can make Korea proud.

“What do you mean by one or two years?” GD cant believe his ears. He really hoped what he thought was not true that Jessica will leave him for that period.

“Our sajangnim said that we wouldn’t be back to Korea for that period and he really wants us to work hard there.” Jessica explained.

“No, you cant ! Don’t go there. I wouldn’t let you. Let me talk to your sajangnim.” GD said in anger.

“Oppa~as I said, it’s just a plan. Maybe it will not happen or maybe yes. It still in discussion phase. So no worries.” Jessica said to calm the furious GD.

“But..”

“Aigoo oppa~it’s just a plan. Besides, if we leave Korea, then Korea wouldn’t have princesses to entertain them.” Jessica said while smiling hoping that GD will get what she meant.

“I hope that stupid plan wouldn’t happen.” GD said while gritting his teeth. He really didn’t want to be separated with Jessica.

“Oppa~you should pray that it would happen because that’s our chance to spread our wings.”

“You don’t need all that to achieve success. That’s why I said to you, stop being a singer and just be my girlfriend. I’ll talk to your sajangnim.”

This guy is so unreasonable.’ Jessica shook her head. She was used to GD being so childish. Jessica decided to stop the talk since she knew the more she talked the more GD will say weird things. When both of them felt like the night was getting late, they decided to leave the place and went back to their hotel. Along the ride, GD didn’t even talk with Jessica because he was still thinking about Jessica’s leave next year. Eventhough Jessica said it was just a plan, but he knew it will happen since he knew how the uppermen work. When they said they had plans, then it will happen by hook or crook. He was afraid that his relationship with Jessica will not last longer because of the long distant. It’s not that he didn’t have belief in their relationship but he witnessed so many relationships broke because of distant relationships and he really hate if that happened to him and Jessica. He also knew how busy Jessica will be once she in US from what Sunye told him what she experienced. But luckily Sunye’s relationship with Donghae was still strong since Sunye always prioritized love before work. But given he himself was extremely busy, he cant guarantee what will happen in the future.

GD’s car stopped in front of the hotel Jessica staying. Both remained still on their seats without uttering any words.

“Op..oppa? Are you okay?” Jessica said slowly afraid that GD will bark at her if she said anything wrongly. But weirdly, GD didn’t even look at her. He kept looking to the front and wearing a serious face.

“I don’t like the plan. You will forget me if you go there.” GD said while still staring to the front. He really cant face Jessica at that time. Jessica let out a small sigh when she knew what was bothering GD. Jessica slowly extended out her hand and put it on GD’s.

“Oppa, as I said it’s just a plan which may not happen. Don’t think too much about it. But if it really happens, I wouldn’t forget you.” Jessica didn’t know that a casual talk about her US debut affected GD that much. She felt regret on saying those things to GD. GD slowly turned his head to face Jessica.

“But..”

“Oppa, I believe one thing. If you and I are meant to be together, eventhough I am on the side of the world and you are on the other end, we will still be together. Leave it to destiny.” Jessica said while cupping GD’s cheek before she gave a light peck on GD’s cheek. Jessica’s meaningful words silenced GD totally.

“Stop thinking about it. And don’t worry. I wouldn’t forget the guy that always bullies me a lot.” Jessica joked which hit it bullet. GD cracked a force smile before he gave a light knock on Jessica’s head.

“I don’t bully you that much.”

“Then what’s with the knock?” Jessica said while rubbing her forehead. GD smiled before he pulled Jessica towards him and hugged her.

“If you forget me, I’ll tell the whole world that you sleep like an ogre.” Jessica hit GD’s back playfully when GD threatened her. She was relieved that GD finally okay. She learnt one thing about GD, as fast as GD get mad, it will take that fast to make him smile again.

“By the way, thanks for tonight oppa. And thanks for the buying me those things.” Jessica said before she released the hug and smiled genuinely.

“It’s already late. You should go.” GD said half-heartedly. If he can, he really wanted to spend more time with Jessica but he knew Jessica will be tired if she stayed up until late night given that she would have concert tomorrow.

“Dehh. Thanks again oppa. See you in Korea.” Jessica said. GD gave her a last kiss on her forehead before she went out from the car. After seeing Jessica disappeared into the lift, GD started his engine. But then, he saw a familiar figure wearing a mask on her face and a big hoodie walking towards the hotel.

GD stepped out from his car and approached the person. He tapped the person’s shoulder and turned her around to face him.

“Yoona?” GD said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Op..oppa? What are you doing here?” Yoona said in shock. She couldn’t believe her eyes that GD was in front of her at that time. But her shock wasn’t that much compared to GD’s. He didn’t see her for so long and what he saw was totally gave him a shock. Yoona’s eyes were red and she looked so thin compared to before. And as for Yoona who always avoiding GD lately, she felt a bit uncomfortable with GD in front of her. She was sure that GD will ask her why she didn’t pick up his calls and reply his messages.

“What are you doing here alone at this late night? And why are you crying?” GD said in worry but Yoona avoided his gaze.

“I was just..” Yoona really didn’t know what to answer.

“Let’s talk in the car.” With that, GD dragged Yoona to his car for a better conversation.

“Tell me what happened to you. Why are you crying?” GD asked in his concern voice. He really cant see Yoona cried.

“Nothing oppa.” Yoona answered while trying her best to sound normal.

“Don’t lie to me. You act weirdly these days. You didn’t even pick up my calls and answer my messages. What happens to you?”

“Nothing. Really.”

“You know I know you well. You are telling lies right now. Why are you avoiding me?”

 “Im not avoiding you. Oppa, I think I should go. If Jessica unnie sees us like this, she will misunderstand.” Yoona said because she afraid that because of her, her unnie’s relationship will be destroyed. Not at time like this. Besides, it was her original plan to stay away from GD and let him and Jessica build their relationship stronger without her being a disturbance.

“No, you wouldn’t get off from this car before you tell me what happened to you. You are so messy right now. You look thin and pale. And I know you just cried. Tell me, what happened?” GD demanded an answer.

“Nothing oppa. Seriously.” Yoona lied once again. GD then held both her arms and made her face him.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I am.”

“Okay then. I wouldn’t force you. But you know im always here for you right? It would be my pleasure to be the person to pour your heart’s contents.” GD said before he hugged Yoona and patted her back. As much as he wanted to know what caused Yoona to be like that, he knew better that forcing her wouldn’t give him anything. For GD, Yoona was really special for him. They were like soulmates who understand each others’ hearts. People may say that they had something under the cover but for him and Yoona, their friendship was just a great thing for them. Even it’s just a new friendship but they knew better that what their friendship meant.

“Thanks oppa.” Yoona said before she cried her heart out. She did have a problem that made her in a terrible state like that. But being the secretive Yoona, she didn’t share her problems with anyone even with her members. And she also wasn’t ready to tell GD her problems. And she also knew that this thing will lead misunderstanding if Jessica saw them but Yoona didn’t care anymore. She really needed someone to lean on at that time after all that happened lately. And she glad that that someone was GD.

They continued hugging each other without even noticed that there’s a person not far from them was happily taking their pictures in the car. The person was really satisfied that he got a big news that will shake the entertainment industry the next day. He continued clicking his camera without stop while his grin becoming bigger after every shot.

This will be a great news.’