CHAPTER 40

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

“You are late.” GD said to Jessica when he saw her coming to the rooftop holding her chest panting heavily. Jessica looked her watch and frowned with anger.

“Im only a minute late.” Jessica said before she sat beside the expressionless GD on a swing.

“A minute can make a huge difference” GD said nonchalantly. Jessica looked weirdly at the swing she sat on. As she recalled, that swing wasn’t there before.

“Oppa. Where do you get this thing?” Jessica said while looking at the white brand new swing. It had cushions on the seat. In short, it felt comfortable to sit on.

“It fell from the sky.”

“Nehh?”

“Clueless girl. Of course I bought it.”

“Owh, why?”

Jessica’s question was left unanswered. GD didn’t feel the need to answer such question. But, honestly, he bought the swing so that he and Jessica would be comfortable when they had their dates there next time. GD believed that the rooftop will be their regular spot for their next dates since it gave them privacy and convenience.

“So, why are you late?” GD asked Jessica who was still pouting when GD didn’t answer her question. But, like it or not, she had to answer GD’s question eventhough she felt like it’s not fair that GD can ask her question and she can’t.

“Mm..i had something  to do. Besides, how can you ask me to be here in just 10 minutes? It’s so far from my place.” Jessica lied while fidgeting in her place. Actually, Jessica didn’t want to tell GD that she was from SME to celebrate her birthday. She still got her pride to keep in front of the bully leader GD. And it’s kinda embarrassing to tell your boyfriend who had no clue about your birthday that you just celebrated your birthday with your friends. GD just nodded at that answer.

“Why are you calling me here, oppa?” Jessica asked after a minute of silence. She felt weird that GD called here at late night. And to add her curiosity, the rooftop seemed darker than usual. Maybe, there was no moon and stars that night. Jessica looked at GD beside her who was immersed in looking at his watch. Again, that night gave a weird vibe.

“3..2..1..” GD counted while looking at his watch while smiling. “Happy birthday, Jessica !” GD said cheerfully to the surprised Jessica. Once GD said those words, Jessica eyes were blinded by sudden lights surrounding her and GD. When Jessica was already used to the sudden bright light she looked to her surrounding. Jessica was shocked to see there were so many decoration lights lying unarranged on the floor. And there was a small space where rose petals were arranged in love shape. There were also few colorful balloons on the floor which gave a beautiful light when they passed over the decoration lights beneath them.

Jessica looked at GD who was smiling happily. She didn’t expect GD to know her birthday since GD never showed that he knew anything about Jessica. And this event will surely be in Jessica’s list of GD’s few good deeds.

“Oppa..” Jessica couldn’t speak more. She felt grateful that GD willingly to create an event for her like this. It must be so hard for him to arrange those lights and balloons. For a moment, Jessica imagined GD who working hard to inflate those balloons by himself. It’s so rare of GD.

“I know you are touched but please no tears. Women are ugly when they cry.” GD said unbelievably to Jessica who was a moment ago felt like she wanted to run and hug GD tightly to show her thankfulness. But now, hearing GD usual harsh words made Jessica reminded herself for the thousands times since she knew GD that GD never left his harsh words no matter how sweet he was at that time.

“Yah ! What’s with that face? You should smile that I did this for you.” GD teased Jessica.

“Gomawoyo oppa.” Jessica said sarcastically before she folded her arms and looked away from GD. GD smiled when he saw the sulking Jessica. But then, GD turned Jessica’s body and hugged her tightly while Jessica’s hair.

“Happy birthday, Jessica.” GD said again but in lighter and romantic tone. At that time, Jessica’s heart was beating erratically. She would always like that when GD in his mushy mood. Before Jessica can lift her hands to hug GD back, GD released his hug and held Jessica’s face closer to his. Their lips met. Again, Jessica was about to explode. It’s not their first kiss obviously but whenever GD kissed her she had some sort of fireworks exploding in her stomach. After that long kiss, GD looked at Jessica who still in her shock and shy state which made GD smirked.

“You have to get used to my kisses and hugs since I’ll do these things to you for the rest of our lives.” GD said. Jessica’s expression and feeling at that moment were over the sky. She really thought that she had to record all GD’s romantic words since she never knew when will she hear them again.

“Okay. Enough. No need to respond like that. Now, let’s go to the main event.” GD said while straightening his back.

This guy really knows how to kill the mood.’ Jessica thought.

“I hate sweet things so I didn’t buy you cake. But, I bought you this.” GD said while showing a unique white metal headband with apple patterns connected to each other. One of the apple patterns at the right side of the headband had diamonds surrounding it. Simply saying, the head band looked unique and beautiful. Jessica was awed by the headband. She never saw headband with pattern like the one in front of her. She took the headband and examined it.

“Wahh ! Oppa. This is so beautiful. Thanks for giving me this present.” Jessica said with teary eyes. GD took back the headband and put it on Jessica’s head. Since Jessica hair was a bit blonde it made the headband stood out more.

“Don’t lose it. This is the only headband of this type in this world.” GD said which made Jessica gasped with big eyes and mouth opened widely.

“What?! The only one in this world? How can it be so?” Jessica said in surprise.

“When will you heal from this clueless disease of yours? Of course it’s the only one in the world since I only made it for you.” GD said while knocking Jessica’s head.

“You made this especially for me? “ Jessica asked.

“Yah ! It’s a present. And a present’s information shouldn’t be told to the receiver. Just wear it. ” GD said. He really didn’t like to say about things like that. It’s true that he made the headband especially for Jessica. He designed the headband and asked the accessories shop to create it.

“Oppa. Gomawoyo. You did a lot of things to me tonight.” Jessica said before she hugged GD in sudden which made GD startled. But then, GD smiled before she hugged Jessica back.

After that meaningful hug, both GD and Jessica back to their own positions. Jessica rubbed her arms since the night was getting cold. GD who saw this can only shake his head.

“Yah ! Why you didn’t bring your sweater?” GD asked Jessica. He actually knew that Jessica was always like that, forgetful and careless.

“I didn’t bring it. I thought you only wanted to meet me just for 5 minutes or so. I didn’t know that we’ll be here until this late.”

“You are always like this. Your body will be rotten when you always exposed to cold.” GD said before he gave Jessica a black sweater from a bag beside him. It was actually a sweater that he prepared earlier for Jessica, her second present. Jessica took the baggy sweater and wore it without even care to look at it. She already used to be given sweater by GD. It always be the same. If it’s not GD&TOP’s sweater, it’ll be Big Bang’s, 2NE1’s, Taeyang’s or Seungri’s. In short, Jessica already had all types of sweaters and shirts that YG artists had. It’s their trademark to make sweater or shirt for every comeback. GD also wore his.

“Yah. This is limited edition of my creation. Don’t lose it.” GD said before he pulled Jessica towards him and motioned Jessica’s head to rest on his shoulder. Jessica was confused with GD’s words but after she realized that they wore the same type of black sweater, she knew that the sweaters were couple item. It had a big red apple logo on the back with smaller silver letter ‘J’ in it, which symbolized Jiyong and Jessica.

“Gomawoyo, oppa. I wouldn’t lose it for sure.” Jessica said happily.

 

 

 

 

“It’s been a long time that you didn’t dance and sing for me. So now, you can dance ‘OH’ with this sweater.” GD said. He really loved Jessica in OH MV honestly.

“OH? No. It’s weird to dance Oh at this late night.” Jessica refused to do the dance.

“But the sweater suits the concept.”

“Anniyo. Let’s drop the subject. I don’t have the feeling to dance tonight.” Jessica said.

“Yah? Why are you wearing short? I do remember that I told you before that you cant wear them again.” GD said while pointing to Jessica’s short.

“I was in rush just now. I wouldn’t wear it again next time.” Jessica said. She actually couldn’t believe that GD was so narrow-minded. Besides, it’s her style of cloth. But, Jessica knew better that it’s useless to fight with GD just because of clothes.

 

 

 

“Oppa. Among all SNSD’s songs, which one do you like the best?” Jessica asked GD.

“Why do you suddenly ask about this?”

“Nothing specific. Just because.”

“I don’t know. I don’t really know about SNSD’s songs.”

‘Bwoh? He doesn’t know our songs? Is he Korean? How can he don’t know our famous songs?’

It was unbelievable for GD to don’t know about SNSD’s songs since their songs were so popular and everyone knew their songs. Actually, GD was the type of person who didn’t really listen to cutesy type songs before. But he knew some SNSD’s songs all thanks to Seungri and Daesung who were so crazy about girl groups.

“But I know the Gee song.”GD said quickly when he saw Jessica changed expression.

“Then sing it.”

“No. It’s embarrassing.”

“Embarrassing?”

“Im a hip hop singer. It’s kinda..okay okay. I sing it. No need to do that face.” ‘It’s too cute.’

‘My name is gee gee gee gee baby baby..G D G D baby baby..’ GD sang the song with his own version.

“Oppa. It’s not the original.”

“But still it’s the same. Yah. Enough, it’s not my style to sing cute song.”

Jessica pouted her lips. She really wanted to witness GD being all cute just for once.

 

 

 

“You know. I never imagined that I would have a girlfriend like you.” GD said after a while.

“Like me?”

“Yeah. Cutesy type with pink color clothes, and princess-styled hair.” GD said.

“So are you regretting your decision now?” Jessica said while faking her angry face.

“I don’t mean that pabo. I was just saying. Before, my ideal girl was someone looks like a model and with great sense of fashion. It will be a great point if she is interested in hip-hop style music and shows some interest in composing music. But then, I got you who are totally different. It’s true then that we shouldn’t set our ideal partner or else, we would get the opposite.”

“And are you saying that I don’t look like a model, then?” Jessica’s eyes were sparkling with fire. GD’s words were sure made it’s impact.

“Are you having your PMS now? Why you get angry and jealous so easily tonight?”

“IM NOT ANGRY” Jessica raised her voice a bit. But when she realized that she acted a bit rude towards GD, she quickly apologized. But, GD just laughed it off since he knew that Jessica was angry and that was a good sign.

“But again. Im grateful that I have you eventhough you are so far from a model because you are really something.” Jessica smiled hearing GD’s confession. It’s rude bet yet, sweet.

“Owh by the way, talking about model. Where is Yoona? I called her thousands times already but she didn’t pick up.” GD asked when he remembered about his bestfriend.

“Yoona? She’s in our dorm perhaps, why?”

“Nothing. Usually she would answer my calls no matter how busy she is. Never mind. I’ll just call her later.”

Speaking about Yoona, Jessica’s feeling was stirred a bit. She made a promise to herself that she wouldn’t be jealous of Yoona but it couldn’t prevent her from thinking about GD’s ideal woman. From what GD said, Yoona matched with all characteristics that GD mentioned about his ideal girl. It’s unbelievable but it’s true that Yoona loved hip hop songs. She even had collection of Seo Taiji and the Boys albums in her room. No wonder GD and Yoona were bestfriends.

Stop it, Jessica. You will make another mistake if you jealous of the wrong person.’ Jessica knew that it would be irritating if she always asked GD about his relationship with Yoona.

“So, what about you? Which Big Bang’s song that you love the most?” It was GD’s turn to ask Jessica. Well, honestly, he didn’t know what to say so he just repeated the same question.

“ I love Last Farewell. The song is good.” Jessica answered. She really loved the song’s dance. Big Bang’s dances were simple and actually they didn’t dance much in their songs. Only Taeyang had the passion for dance.

“Great taste, huh? “ GD said smugly. The song was actually composed by him.

“Tskk..always with that snobby words.” Jessica said lowly but can be heard by GD.

“I heard you, lady. It’s not good to talk about other people like that.”

“Owh, sorry.”

He is really something. How can he hear me just now? And what’s with that warning? He always did the same to me. Even worse.’

“How about your ideal guy, then?” GD asked Jessica again which made Jessica all smile. She was the type of girl that really loved to imagine about her ideal guy. So, with hands clasped together, she started her answer.

“I actually love a gentle guy who respects women and love kids. I love guy with neat and clean appearance. Also I love tall guy with killing smile like Daniel Henney. He’s so handsome.”Jessica squealed like a real fan girl. Everyone knew about her being a big fan of Daniel Henney. But for sure, GD didn’t like it. When he looked Jessica smiling happily with face full of happiness when she was talking about Daniel Henney, he really wanted to shut off.

What’s with the happy face? And why does the character of her ideal guys don’t match to me at all?

“Tssk. I am better than him though.” GD said with a hint of jealousy.

“Of course you are. Because whoever guy that got me will be the luckiest and the best guy in the world.” Jessica said playfully.

“As if..” GD said eventhough his heart agreed with Jessica’s statement.

 

The small talk session was ended when both of them decided to just appreciate the night’s view. They were both immersed in the beauty of the night. For Jessica, it was so great to be with GD while surrounded by beautiful lights eventhough that night, there wasn’t any stars visible. The wind was quite chilly but fortunately, there was GD’s sweater that saved the night. Neither of them spoke until GD sighed.

“It is a waste that tonight there aren’t any stars. I really hope that I can watch stars with you at night.” GD said while showing his disappointed face. Jessica knew how much GD worked hard to make them can see stars together. And this was his second attempt but still failed.

“Never mind. We have so many nights to be spent together ahead. And we can watch stars anytime we like.” Jessica said in hope GD can ease a bit. But, without her knowing, her words made GD fluttered.

“Yah ! Are you saying you will spend your nights with me? Cheesy..” GD teased Jessica while showing his famous smirk.

“A..anniyo..what I mean is..” Jessica was trying hard to seek an answer that wouldn’t trap her. She knew that GD will find many ways to .

“Aigoo~no need to be so shy. It’s a fact anyway.” GD said while tightening his embrace on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica just smiling shyly with GD indirect romantic words.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa. I would be in Japan next week for the whole week.”

“Bwoh?! For what?”

“We will have our concert there while promoting our new song.”

“There’s no need for you to go to Japan. Everyone knows SNSD already.”

“But still, we have to work hard to be like Big Bang. We are just newcomer there.”

GD was speechless. Truthfuly, he really didn’t want Jessica to leave him for a week. He will be all lonely especially when he and Jessica were just a new couple. And to face a week of separation will be hard for GD.

“Don’t you ever consider to stop singing and just be with me? I can afford you for the rest of our lives. I will work hard. ”

“Nehh? No. I wouldn’t stop singing. This is my dream and my passion. It’s not about money oppa.”

Jessica’s heart was beating like crazy and her face was flushed red when GD said that he will afford Jessica for the rest of their lives. If she was not in her right mind, she would think that GD was proposing to her. And she believed that eventhough she stopped her singing career, she will live with luxury with GD. But with Jessica’s answer, GD can only sigh.

“So, oppa. Where did you get the idea for this event? I like those lights.” Jessica said trying to enlighten GD’s mood.

“What do you mean? Ideas obviously come from our brain.” GD answered sarcastically.

“Oppa. Are you mad with me? Im sorry.” Jessica said when she knew that GD was still sulking.

“No. Why should I ?” GD said without looking at Jessica. But, Jessica didn’t give up. She turned GD’s head towards her and kissed GD’s cheek. GD was surprised with Jessica’s action. It was so rare of her.

“Can that stop making you angry?”

“You should kiss me on the lips if you are sincere to coax me.” GD said before he slowly smiled.

“I didn’t know that the cool G-Dragon can also sulk at petty things.” Jessica teased GD.

“This is not petty thing. It’s a big thing for me.” Jessica just smiled unknowingly with GD’s childish answer.

“So, oppa. Tell me. You did these alone?” Jessica tried to divert the topic before GD became mad again.

“What alone?”

“You know. Inflating all these balloons, arranging these lights with this swing.”

“Me? Of course not. I wouldn’t do these kind of things alone. Besides, I only asked people to do this for me.”

“What?! I thought you did these by yourself. What a ‘sincere’ deed, oppa.” Jessica said sarcastically.

“Why should I when Seungri and Daesung were there?”

‘Unbelievable’