CHAPTER 29

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

Why here of all places that available for a date? This guy is so UNBELIEVABLE !’ Jessica cant believe her eyes when they reached a football stadium. She was so happy at the idea of GD brought her to a date but this wasn’t the case. She imagined their date will be on an ice rink, or a theme park or maybe Namsan Tower where she always yearned for a date since she wanted to be like Gu Jun Pyo and Geum Jan Di in the cable car. GD really knew how to crush her hope. With a sour expression, Jessica gathered her energy to drag her feet behind GD entering the empty stadium.

“Isnt it cool to have a date in a football stadium? I always want to play alone with my girlfriend here.” GD said joyfully.

“Yeah it is.” Jessica replied half-heartedly. She really wanted a romantic date but what can she expect with a big empty stadium with thousands motionless chairs and a field of grass for a romantic date? Absolutely nothing. To make it worse, GD came to her with a ball in his hand which she didn’t know where he got it, smiling widely like a child.

“Let’s play. You will be the goal keeper and i will try to shoot this in.” GD spoke.

“You are the one who should do the goal keeping, not me. Im a girl if you still didn’t realize it.” Jessica rebelled.

Arrghh~ i thought he can make the game at least a bit romantic. But how can he want me to stand at the goal post and waiting for him to kick the speedy ball for God knows how many times. I could break my hand if i catch his kicked ball.’ No matter how many times Jessica looked at that matter, she can find any sanity in the game. She didn’t even know how to play football.

“That is why you should try. Girls should try something that can prove their power. Now im giving you a chance to prove it.” GD said.

“I have a lot of things that can show my power. Not by catching a flying ball that surely will hit me if i am on the wrong side of this goal post. And i didn’t know you do sport.”

“I do play sports. Just that im not doing them openly like those muscular idols that always hit the gym. I love football especially. You should take a note of that since you are my girlfriend. Now let’s start. Stand there.” GD directed Jessica to take her spot in the middle of the goal post.

“If i can shoot this ball in more than 10 times in 10 attempts, you will be punished. Arasso?” GD shouted. Actually he was not that far from Jessica.

“You always make rules on your own. And how can you think that you should kick the ball from there? I mean just like 10 steps in front of me? It’s so near and this goal post is so damn big. 3 big elephants can fit in here.” Jessica said while showing her angry face. She seriously didn’t want to play the stupid game.

“Dont be like that. When will you ever have a chance to play football with the famous G-Dragon? You will only have less than 2 months now to spend your time with me.” GD said casually but made a big impact on Jessica.

So he does think that Im only a temporary girlfriend. I thought..’ Jessica was in her own world again. She felt like a heavy wind swept her exposed skin giving her a chill.

“YAH ! Why are you spacing out? We should start now.” GD said without realizing what he had done.

The game began with GD kicked the ball in easily since Jessica didn’t even know how to catch the ball but mainly it was because she cant concentrate after what GD said.

“YAH ! Focus ! This will be last goal i make if i can shoot in. And that marks your punishment for the game.” GD said. He didn’t know what was disturbing Jessica. He can see that Jessica was gloomy and didn’t talk since the game started.

GD shot the goal while Jessica still spacing out. He then walked towards Jessica and stood close in front of her before he held her shoulders.

“Are you okay? You didn’t look good. Do you hate this game that much or did i do something that offend you?”

“Nehh? Anniyo. I was just a bit tired.” Jessica lied. GD didn’t know what to do about Jessica’s sudden swing. He then took Jessica hand and together they went to the centre of the field before lying on the grass.

“Why do we have to lie on this grass? ‘ Jessica asked cluelessly to GD who lied beside her while facing the sky. He had a big grin on his face. GD looked at his watch.

“We have another 2 to 3 minutes. I really know how to budget our time.” GD said smugly even though Jessica didn’t know what was that for. Suddenly, the main lights in the stadium went off leaving only a few lights in the distant. It was dark but they still can see.

“Omo, why is it like this? What happened to the lights? Is it already off-hour?” Jessica said when she sprang up from her lying position to sitting position.

“Pabo. I booked this place for tonight specially for us. And right on 10pm, i asked them to shut off the main lights because i want to see the stars here with you. That is why i bring you here. It’s too common to go towers or star-gazing spots to do this activity.” GD said while still lying. He then asked Jessica to lie closely beside him. Truthfully, Jessica was deeply moved by GD’s sincere intention. She cant deny how romantic GD can be. This was one of the evidences. But unfortunately, the sky was so dark. It was pitch black.

“Oppa, i don’t think we can see stars from here. Besides, i think it’s going to rain soon.” Jessica said reasonably. The wind was getting rougher. They can feel rain drops slowly falling.

“Aisshh~~! I thought tonight will be all clear. I even asked the forecast department. What a waste.” GD said frustratedly while grabbing the grass beside him and threw it in anger . Jessica can feel that GD was really upset that his plan didn’t work.

“Gwenchanayo oppa. We can see the stars next time. Now let’s go before we get all wet. It will rain anytime soon.” Jessica said softly to GD but GD didn’t move. The rain then started to pour. They were fully soaked with water. Jessica tried her hardest to make GD stood up but GD was still sitting on the grass.

“Oppa hurry up. We will be sick if we don’t go now.” Jessica said. GD stood up but still didn’t move from his spot. He then pulled Jessica for a hug.

“Let’s stay here for a moment. I really want to spend time with you but now my plan failed.” GD said while still hugging Jessica.

“Never mind oppa. At least, you did your best for our date.” Jessica said. She tightened the hug before she released GD and looked directly to his eyes.

“Now, what is your punishment for me? I did lose in the game.” Jessica said while smiling in hope GD can forget about his failed plan. She volunteered to sacrifice herself as long as GD turned back to his original self, the confident GD.

“Forget it. I don’t have any mood for that.” GD said while looking down. The rain was still pouring beautifully. It had been a long time since Jessica be out in the rain. Then she got an idea how to cheer GD up. She took GD’s hands and placed them around her waist while she herself wrapped hers around GD’s neck. GD was startled by Jessica’s act. Of course he was since Jessica never initiated skinship in their relationship. Jessica started to move sideways, to the back and to the right in careful steps. Now GD knew what Jessica was doing. She was dancing with him.

“Yah, only crazy people will dance in the rain.” GD chuckled but it made Jessica fumed with anger. She then released GD’s neck and started to walk away in the rain.

He REALLY knows how to make me angry’ Jessica thought while stomping away in anger. But then, she felt her body was pulled backward and her back was crushed with something wet. It was GD who like always giving her a backhug.

“Where do you want to go?” GD asked Jessica.

“Anywhere away from you.”

“Are you angry?”

“No im not.”

“Dont lie to me. I was just kidding just now.” GD said before he turned Jessica’s body to face his. He hugged Jessica lovingly before he kissed Jessica’s forehead.

“Im sorry if i ever made you angry.” GD apologized before he hugged Jessica again. Jessica can feel hot tears slowly forming her eyes but thanks to the rain that it didn’t obvious since her tears were mixed with the still pouring rain. She had mixed emotions at that time, angry, frustrated, grateful, confused and afraid.

“Oppa, can i ask you a question?” Jessica said while her head resting on GD’s chest.

“What is it?”

“If, i mean IF our 2 months passed, will you still let me go like what you said just now?”

With those words, GD knew what had been bothering Jessica while they playing the football. He was in joy hearing those words came out from Jessica’s mouth. The tone of her voice was the evidence. She said those words with quivering voice. That proved nothing else than she felt something for GD. Feeling of afraid that what GD said was true. Anyone can tell that.