CHAPTER 44

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

This is so boring’ Jessica sat alone at the couch in the recording room in YGE, waiting for GD to finish up his works. Jessica actually didn’t want to go there but GD forced her with the reason, a girlfriend must always accompany her boyfriend, which Jessica found was ridiculous. It’s true that a girlfriend should be beside her boyfriend but not always.  It’s been 4  hours since the morning that Jessica sat there alone. GD had meeting with Yang Hyun Suk and another meeting with a few YG composers. She filled her time with her phone or walking around in the recording room. But then, she found a good thing to do when she started to draw GD’s posters on the wall with a pencil she found on a table. She was having her own happy time drawing anything that she liked on GD’s face. There were many posters of Big Bang in the room but Jessica only drew on GD’s face.

While she’s immersed in messing with GD’s face, she felt a hard knock on her head. When she turned around, she found the angry GD.

“What are you doing?” GD said in his low voice alerting a volcano will erupt anytime soon.

“Nothing?” Jessica said while faking an innocent face and quickly hided the pencil behind her back. GD noticed the hidden pencil and quickly grabbed it from Jessica’s grip.

“Do you know how much these posters worth?” GD said while stabbing Jessica’s shoulder with the pencil lightly.

“No..”

“You ruined this room. Look at the mess you did.” GD said while pointing to the room’s walls. Jessica herself was shocked with what she did. She was so immersed in ‘damaging’ GD’s face that she didnt know how many ‘arts’ she did. Jessica sighed and lowering her head in guilty.

“Im sorry oppa. I was just boring.” Jessica said. GD felt guilty when he heard Jessica. He looked at his watch and he was shocked to know that it had been 4 hours he left Jessica alone in the recording room. His anger slowly faded.

“But that doesn’t mean you can draw anything on my face. Look at these. These are ugly.” GD said. Jessica was shocked to see GD already not angry. She slowly smiled.

“I will do better next time.” Jessica said with a flaming spirit in her eyes.

“Are you saying you will draw on my posters again next time? Do you want to die?” GD said before he lightly knocked Jessica’s head. Jessica rubbed her head while mumbling her dissatisfaction towards GD which fortunately GD didn’t hear.

“Are you hungry?” GD asked Jessica.

“Nehh. So hungry.” Jessica said using her cute voice hoping that GD will like it.

“Don’t make that voice. It’s scary.” GD said before he grabbed Jessica’s hand and led her out from the room.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, is it okay for me to be seen here?” Jessica was so worried when GD brought her to YGE’s restaurant at the ground floor where many YGE workers were having their lunches. Everytime Jessica went to YGE, she always disguised herself. Only the guard knew her.

“Never mind. They already knew about us.” GD said with an expressionless face. He then pulled Jessica to the front of the counter eventhough there were people lining up to order their foods. Many heads were turning at their direction. It was their first time to see the very secretive couple of Soshibang. And what made the relationship special was, it involved an artist from SME which they rarely worked with.

“Oppa, are you cutting the line?” Jessica said frantically while tugging GD’s shirt.

“What? I used to this.” GD said nonchalantly before he told his orders to the ahjumma behind the counter.

This guy is so unbelievable. How can he act like this restaurant is his.

After GD got his take-away orders, he and Jessica went to their usual place, the YGE building rooftop. The rooftop was still like before with the swing stood strong at it’s place. It was a bright day for a delicious lunch. Once they settling on the swing, they started to eat.

“This is so delicious.” Jessica said with her round-widened eyes. GD just gave his usual smirk.

“Of course. YGE has the best restaurant in Seoul.” GD said smugly. After the lunch, they decided to stay longer at the rooftop since it was so long that they never been there.

“Oppa, is it really okay that the workers know about us?” Jessica asked after a while.

“I already told Hyun Suk hyung about us and he’s okay with it. He is the one who announced about us to the workers so that they don’t go hectic when they see us here. And don’t worry, we YG Family are very secretive. It’s an advantage that we don’t really open up about ourselves to other people.” GD explained before he took Jessica’s hand and patted it for assurance. Jessica just nodded in understand. She thought she knew a lot about YG Family before, but this proved that there were many more things hidden inside the building.

“Before I forgot, the meeting I had with Hyung Suk hyung just now is about his birthday party tonight. Every year, he will celebrate his birthday with YG Family and a few friends of his. He asked me to invite you along.” GD said.

“Nehh?! Birthday party?” Jessica felt she was not ready yet to face all YG Family members. She only familiar with Big Bang and 2NE1. And these 2 groups were already had the scary image among all idols. How can she meet the other YG Family who were more ‘underground hip hop-style’ than Big Bang and 2NE1.

“Op..oppa..i am..actually..not ready..you know..it’s just that..” Jessica’s speech was unarranged due to her shock hearing the news.

“Don’t say you don’t want to come because I have to introduce you to all YG Family members. Everyone will be there. Even our actresses noona will be there.” GD stressing how important the event that night for him and Jessica.

“That’s the thing. Everyone will be there. I just..scared..” Jessica said before she lowered her head.

“No need to be scared. All YG Family members are nice. You will like them.” GD tried to convince Jessica.

“I hope so.” Jessica said while thinking what she should do that night to gain approval from YG Family. She knew that GD was like a diamond in YG Family. Everyone loved him. She’s afraid she will not be approved as GD’s girlfriend by the YG Family.

“By the way, invite Yoona also. Hyun Suk hyung wants her to be there. I don’t know why he really likes to meet Yoona. I should report this to his wife.” GD said to end the party conversation.

 

 

Jessica looked so gorgeous that night that GD had to take a full one minute to regain his senses. Jessica wore a simple outfit for a birthday party but GD didn’t know what made Jessica stood out from the other guests that night. Jessica went to the YG building by herself eventhough GD insisted to take her from her dorm. GD approached Jessica at the entrance door in the room where they held the party.

“You are late.” GD started the conversation with his usual ‘jerk’ way while giving the same face he always made in Big Bang’s music videos where he acted all cool and cold.

“Im sorry oppa. There was a traffic jam.” Jessica apologized while bowing continuously. She did late but only 15 minutes late.

“Another excuse. By the way, you look..beautiful.” GD said with the last word said in a lower tone which automatically made Jessica blushed since GD rarely praised her.

“Thanks oppa. You look great too.” Jessica said. Well, GD always looked great since he’s a fashionista.

“Let’s go. We have a lot to do tonight.” GD said while extending his hand which Jessica gladly reached. It’s not a usual thing that GD acted so romantic that made Jessica felt happiness there. But when the thought of meeting YG Family members came to her, she felt afraid.

“Oppa, I ..”

“Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.”

 So there they were, walking across the crowd where most heads turned to look at the gorgeous couple. Most of the guests, as GD said, were artists from YG itself and their staffs. The room was a bit dark since they made it like a night club concept. Hip hop music was on-ed and blasted out from the speakers. Jessica was actually not a fan of hip hop songs because she didn’t like loud music but when she entered YG building, it’s like their anthem song. Hip hop was YG’s style of music so she liked it or not, she had to cooperate with it.

GD and Jessica then reached an area where a few guys seated on a semi-circle black leather couch with glasses of alcohol in their hands.

“Annaeyonghaesaeyo..” GD greeted the men with a polite bow. There were Yang Hyun Suk, Park Jin Young, Rain and Seven there. Jessica immediately felt weakness in her knees. She felt like the surrounding temperature was dropped to -40 degree celcius in sudden. She began to shaking a bit when she saw the men in charge of YGE and JYPE were there. She didn’t know what to do or say that she stood like a cursed stone behind GD.

“Look like our lady here is a little bit shy.” Yang Hyun Suk said before he chuckled a little which earned a smirk from the rest of the men. They knew very well that Yang Hyun Suk loved to tease people who seemed to be afraid of him. Hearing those words from Yang Hyun Suk was hard for Jessica to handle. She totally felt like she was in an audition with the men in power of YGE and JYPE as the judges. Jessica then awkwardly followed GD sat on empty space opposite Yang Hyun Suk.


“Hyung, this is Jessica, my girlfriend.” GD formally introduced Jessica as his girlfriend ignoring the presence of outsiders there.

“An..annyeong..hasaeyo..I..am..J..Jessica.” Jessica said in her heavy stuttered speech. She can feel her hands were so cold that they can freeze anytime soon.

“She looks afraid don’t you think Jin young-ah.” Yang Hyun Suk said with his cat-like voice to his bestfriend.

“What can you expect? It’s scary to see your future father-in-law.” Park Jin Young said before he casually sipped his drink.

“Hyung, are you trying to make her faint here? Well, Jessica-shi. They’re just kidding. No need to worry. By the way, it’s good to know that you are with Jiyong.” Seven as the always-kind guy saved the night.

“Nehh..” Jessica answered with a nervous smile.

“She’s surely scared. She’s sweating right now.” Rain spoke which again added Jessica’s nervousness.

“I was just kidding. No need to be afraid. And yeah. Welcome to YG Family.” Yang Hyun Suk said while extending his arms as a sign of welcoming Jessica as his new family member.

“Nehh..kamsahamnida..”That’s the only thing that Jessica can think as a reply.

“It’s really good to know that this workaholic here finally has a girlfriend.” Yang Hyun Suk said referring to GD.

“Ahh hyung.” GD said trying to save his image.

“What ? It’s true. You should spare your time on love too. Not just work.”

“Arasso.” GD said in defeated.

“By the way, where’s Yoona? I have told you to invite her right?” Yang Hyun Suk said while faking a mad voice with his not-so-convincing tone.

“Mm..she will come here but maybe a little bit late because she has a schedule to attend to.” Jessica said in behalf of Yoona but this time with a little more confident than before.

“Owh. I hope she will come. I miss that girl so much.” Yang Hyun Suk said without even thought what will Jessica feel when she as the girlfriend of GD was not someone he anticipated in his party.

“She will come. Don’t worry. So, I guess it’s a happy birthday for you, hyung.” GD said and he raised the glass for a toast with the other men.

 

 

With that, GD and Jessica excused themselves. GD planned to introduce Jessica to his other YG Family members. Along their way, Jessica can spot a few persons that she knew like TOP who was having a chat with his girlfriend, Jooyeon and Seven’s girlfriend, Hanbyul. She also saw Seungri at one corner who was trying to introduce a few women to the shy Taeyang. Jessica made a mental note that she had to report about that to Yuri. And she can see the 2NE1 girls were having their time at a table with a few YG staffs. She wanted to go to approach them but she had no choice since GD had to take her somewhere. But then, the walk came to an abrupt stop. Jessica moved from GD’s back to his side to see B2ST’s Hyunseung who was talking to GD.

“Hyung, chukkaeyo. You caught a big fish here.” Hyunseung said referring to Jisica relationship.

“Yah. Be careful with your words.” GD said before giving a smack on Hyunseung’s shoulder playfully.

“Woah. No need to be so worked up. I was just saying.”

“Tch. Have you meet Hyun Suk hyung?” GD asked.

“Yeah. I met him to congratulate him but he gave me a 30minutes advice with a long speech in advance.” Hyunseung said with rolling eyes.

“He hasn’t seen you for a long time. It’s normal. Or maybe he misses you.” GD laughed at his own sentence.

“Don’t you want to introduce your girlfriend to me hyung?” Hyunseung asked ignoring GD’s last sentence in hope that he might get a friend from SNSD.

“Mm..no.”

“What? Hyung~”

 With that GD walked away with Jessica tailing behind him closely. Hyunseung was upset with GD’s answer but Jessica was quick to make up things when she bowed to Hyunseung and said ‘nice to meet you’ in a very quick way because GD already dragged her.

“Oppa, why is it only Hyunseung-shi here from B2ST?” Jessica asked because usually if the members of groups knew each other, then the groups involved will eventually become close too.

“Because Hyunseung is our dongsaeng. He and 2PM’s Junsu will always be invited to YG events. But in 2PM case, we usually invite all members of 2PM and Wonder Girls. Hyun Suk hyung is a fan of 2PM. I know, what a shame right when he supposed to like Big Bang more. And of course Park Jin Young sajangnim. We are close with JYP people so yeah..but I guess not with Miss A and 2AM and don’t ask me why.” GD answered or in other words, he didn’t really close with B2ST members.

“But as I know, CL’s boyfriend is Junhyung-shi. Didn’t she invite him here?”

“Not everyone can come to our parties. A relationship with YG artists doesn’t guarantee you to be invited. But you are a special case. Because you are already approved.” GD said.

YG artists practiced this weird thing which was, they were very hard to be closed with other people but once they recognized you as their friends, then they will be friends forever. And they loved to create a wall between idols from other companies. Jessica just nodded in understand.

 

 

 

“Owh, here. I want to introduce you to my favorite hyung in YG. Teddy hyung.” GD said with a smile. In front of them, stood Teddy and Yoo In Na who were having their arms linked with each other. Jessica couldn’t believe her eyes.

Are they dating each other?

Her question was answered when GD introduced Yoo In Na as Teddy’s girlfriend. Jessica was jaw-dropped when she heard the hottest news ever. She always thought that Yoo In Na was having something with g.o.d’s Son Ho Young since the media kept reporting that they were a couple.

“Hey there. Nice to meet you.” Teddy said in his hip-hop accent. He moved forward to hug Jessica because he still used to do greetings in American style. But Yoo In Na was quick to pull him.

“Oppa~what I have told you for the thousands times? No American greetings to any women in front of me.” Yoo In Na said while smiling. It’s scary though since her eyes showing the opposite.

“Woah ! Chill lady. I don’t want an old lady for a girlfriend.” Teddy joked. He as usual was wearing hip-hop attire and his must-wear hat. He looked totally opposite with Yoo In Na who dressed elegantly in her simple casual dress.

“Okay, hyung, noona. No lover fight here. So, here is my girlfriend. SNSD’s Jessica.” GD said and Jessica automatically bowed to the couple in front of them.

“Owh, hi Jessica. Nice to meet you. And you look beautiful tonight. Jiyong is so lucky.” Yoo In Na said.

“Nehh, Thank you. You look good too. And actually I am your fan since Secret Garden.” Jessica said shyly.

“Owh yeah? Wow~thanks then. Have you met the other YG Family?” Yoo In Na asked.

“In the process actually.” Jessica chuckled nervously.

“So, welcome to YG Family family family..yo~!” Teddy said never forgetting his hip-hop style which earned another slap on his arm from Yoo In Na.

“For a sec, stop with the hip-hop things oppa.” Yoo In Na said.

“It’s your destiny to get the greatest hip-hop composer ever.” Teddy said while giving a playful wink to Yoo In Na.

“Woah woah..stop with the childish act hyung. And for your information, im tailing closely behind you for the title.”

“As if you can. Speaking of which, where’s our lady composer? Isnt she coming?” Teddy asking referring to Yoona.

“She’ll be here anytime soon.” GD answered.

“It’s been a long time she didn’t come here.” Teddy said.

“She’s busy hyung.”

“Cant wait to see her then.”

Why is everyone asking for Yoona?’ Jessica sighed. She felt like the people there don’t have any interest to have a chat with her.

 

 

After the brief conversation with Teddy and Yoo In Na, GD and Jessica continued their way to greet other staffs and YG Family members.

“ Hey, Jiyong-ie. Whatssup?” GD was approached by 2 persons from the back. The most loving couple in YGE, Sean and his wife Jung Hye Young which also a couple that Jessica admired the most because eventhough they were married for years, their love for each other was still that strong which invited jealousy from others.

“Owh hyung. Im always good. How about you? Where are your little angels?” GD said while giving the usual hip-hop greeting, a hand fist punch.

“Never been better. I cant bring them or else, they will ruin this party. You know how they will act in this kind of event.”

“Owh, there’s no luck then. I thought I can play with them tonight.” GD said. Jessica knew very well about the couple’s children. They were like child celebrities in entertainment world. And she was also sad that she cant meet them.

 “We have good news to share. We will have another Sean Jr. in 3 months time.” Sean said while hugging his wife’s waist. Jessica squealed secretly since she really loved the couple. Witnessing their romantic behaviors toward each other by her own eyes was just amazing.

“Wow ! Congratz hyung, noona. I hope our little Taeyang wouldn’t get jealous of this new baby.” GD said referring to their Mohawk-haired little boy, Harang.

“I hope so.” Hye Hyoung said before she chuckled.

“Owh, this is Jessica. My girlfriend.” GD introduced after remembered the purpose Jessica was there.

“Hello, Im Jessica. Nice to meet you.” After so many introductions that night, Jessica was finally used to it. And somehow, she was proud to be represented as GD’s girlfriend.

“Owh hi. Welcome to YG Family. I’ve heard a lot about you from Jiyong. He always says that you are a nice girl.” Hye Young said which made Jessica blushed. She didn’t know that GD will talk about her in front of other people. And she really loved when everyone in YG Family welcoming her to their family. She really loved the atmosphere.

“So how is your relationship with Jiyong?” Sean asked.

“It’s good.” Jessica said shortly. Honestly, she didn’t know what to say since GD was just beside her.

“Just good? Aigoo~you both must love this relationship so that it will last forever.” Sean adviced.

“I hope so too hyung.” GD said. Jessica was screaming inside when Jiyong said those words. She felt secured somehow.

“Is that Yoona?” Hye Young said while pointing at a direction behind GD. Both Jessica and GD looked at the direction and saw Yoona who was wearing a simple attire. And as usual, she looked amazingly pretty. Jessica was happy to see Yoona there because she would have a friend to talk with other than GD. Yoona saw them and approached the group.

“Yah ! You are so late.” GD started with his usual ahjumma-like talk.

“Sorry oppa. There’s a traffic jam. Cant avoid it.” Yoona gave her excuse. She actually felt a bit awkward after so long not talking with GD. And she still felt guilty for causing a scandal for GD.

“The same lame excuse.” GD said.

“Yoona-ah, it’s good that you came. At least I have a company here.” Jessica said happily.

“I promised to Hyun Suk sajangnim that I will come.” Yoona replied.

“Yoona, it’s been a long time not see you.” Hye Young said happily. She always saw Yoona in YGE with GD and she somehow was close to Yoona.

“Owh unnie. How are you?”

“Always fine.”

“There’s no hello for me?” Sean interrupted after being left out from the conversation.

“Hello oppa. You look amazing as usual.” The conversation between Yoona and the couple was getting lively. When Jessica saw this, she felt a bit left out. And the feeling was heightened when Yoona was dragged to the other part of the room and she was surrounded by a few of YG Family members. They were talking and laughing. They looked very close to each other. Jessica couldn’t avoid from being jealous with Yoona. It’s true that the YG Famiy treated her nicely but they were just awkward. When Yoona came, everyone was paying attention to Yoona. Even Yang Hyun Suk went down to come to see her. Jessica let out a heavy sigh.

“Why are you sighing?” GD said before he gave a glass of alcohol to Jessica which she received with a disappointed look.

“Nothing. Just tired.” Jessica lied before she gulped down the whole glass.

“Don’t feel jealous towards Yoona. She always went here. So, she is close with people in YG.” GD said because he can see it from Jessica’s expression.

“I am not jealous of her.” Jessica said lowly.

“Liar.”

“Im no..i am jealous of her. But just a bit.” Jessica then surrendered. She felt there was no point in hiding her own thought since GD always knew. GD then brought Jessica to a nearby table and sat in front of her.

“Oppa, what will I do if YG Family don’t like me?” Jessica asked worriedly.

“How do you know they don’t like you?”

“They only talked a little with me.” Jessica reasoned.

“Pabo. That doesn’t mean they don’t like you. They met you for the first time. What do you expect? They talk to you for hours?” GD said before he gave out his usual weapon to Jessica, a forehead flick. Jessica just sighed. Usually, whenever GD did that, she will cringe in pain or making an angry face. But it was totally different that night.

“You don’t have to worry. Even if all people in YG don’t like you, you will still be my girlfriend. It’s not their thoughts which count. It’s mine.” GD said.

“Oppa~” Jessica said while giving a puss-in-boot-like look to GD which he cant stand.

“Urggh! Stop it. Why you always making that cute face?” GD said before he shook his head. Jessica then pouted. GD always ruined a romantic mood.

 

 

The night went on with a few battles of rap, dance and sing. Yoona was totally busy with the YG Family while GD and Jessica filled their precious time with a chat at the table. From afar, Jessica can see that Yoona totally enjoyed the night. She was like a celebrity there. Everyone wanted to be with her. Jessica knew for the hundreds times that she shouldn’t be jealous of Yoona but a girl’s feeling was uncontrollable.

GD then left Jessica for a moment to meet Yoona who finally had a break time from the crowd. He approached Yoona who was sitting on a stair outside the room.

“Yah, what are you doing here? You should be inside” GD said before he sat beside Yoona.

“Oppa ! You shouldn’t do that. Luckily I don’t have any heart problems” Yoona said while rubbing her chest after she was startled by GD’s sudden appearance.

“Tch. Like ahjumma.”

“What ahjumma. If I am ahjumma then you are ahjussi. But not a usual ahjussi, you are a psycho ahjussi.”

“Bwoh? This elephant.” GD said before he messed Yoona’s hair with his hand.

“Oppa ! You ruined my hair.” Yoona screamed when the hairstyle she saved from the CF shooting she had before was ruined by GD.

“It’s been awhile that I didn’t talk with you. You don’t know how much I miss to see you.” GD said but answered by a sigh from Yoona. Her face turned sad.

“Oppa, I am sorry for troubling you. Because of me you got a scandal. And because of me you and Jessica unnie cant meet for a whole week.” Yoona said in a guilty voice which turned the atmosphere 3600 . She knew sooner or later she had to apologize to GD. And she felt guilty that she always came in between GD and Jessica’s relationship.

“Pabo. It’s not even your fault. Those reporters are just making the thing seems bigger than it actually is.” GD said. Now he knew why Yoona ignored him. And he knew very well that Yoona always blaming herself whenever something came up between him and Jessica.

“But, because of me..”

“Stop it. There’s nothing happened because of you.”

“But..”

“No but. Stop this issue or I’ll ruin your hair again.” GD threatened playfully.

“Andwae !” Yoona yelled. Both of them then laughed their hearts out. How they can change their mood so fast. They were indeed bestfriends. Honestly, they really missed their friendship moments.

Yoona’s phone vibrated interrupting the moment indicating a message came in. When Yoona looked at the phone. she showed a shocked face to an angry face. Then suddenly, tears falling down from her eyes. Apparently, what she saw in the message was something that made her cried. GD who saw this was surprised with Yoona’s sudden cry.

“Why are you crying?” GD asked worriedly.

But then, Yoona abruptly stood up before she ran descending to the bottom of the stairs leaving GD.

“Yoona-ah ! Where are you going?” GD yelled.