CHAPTER 48

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

“You have no option Jiyong-ah. We have to do this.” Hyun Suk sighed. He was alone with GD inside his office. The day was stormed with the news of GD and Yoona went out together and their hugging picture was spread to the whole world like a very infectious virus. Everyone was talking about them. Reporters and media kept repeating and updating about the hot news which heightened the netizens’ excitement to know whether the news of them dating was true or not. Even male and female celebrities were wondering because GD and Yoona were big figures in entertainment world.

 

 

But this news affected the companies, YG and SM, and the fans, VIPs and SONEs the most. Fans were wailing over their stars that were already taken but strangely, quite a lot number were supporting the couple due to the fact Yoona was once a model in Big Bang’s MV. Eventhough they were various reactions to the news, the companies that housed these 2 singers were still in mute. The workers had to disconnect the phones in the buildings to avoid the reporters’ questions. But being famous for their persistence, reporters directly came to these 2 buildings and even camping outside these buildings together with the fans who were protesting the relationship.

 

 

Back in YG building, GD was speechless to know that the ‘news’ already had the end, the ending that he didn’t want.

“But hyung. I am in relationship with Jessica. How can I go public with her own bestfriend? This is ridiculous.” GD said in anger. He cant accept the condition that came out from his sajangnim’s mouth. No matter how much he tried to rethink about it, it was simply and obviously crazy.

“I know but I don’t have the power. Lee Soo Man-shi just called me. He received so many calls about you and Yoona. People are accusing not just him but me that we are liars. They knew that it was Yoona that you met in Japan. If it’s only once, then we can lie. But for the second time, you just don’t want to think it.” Hyun Suk said while facing the big glass mirror of his office and watched the commotion down at his building entrance.

“What is wrong with that old guy? Is he abusing his power on us too? In YG? No, i don’t want to lie either. Why should I announce something that I don’t approve?” GD rebutted showing his disapproval to Lee Soo Man’s idea whom he labeled as the heartless old man.

“Those pictures don’t lie. They show Yoona’s face clearly. You should know the sensitivity of the netizens since both of you are celebrities. And if you ask me, no, they wont believe you because friends don’t meet at night at park alone and hugging each other like that.” Hyun Suk said trying to open GD’s mind when he was still in denial.

“I hugged her because she had a problem at that time that I wanted to console her. That’s all.” GD tried anything to stop that stupid plan or what he called.

“Let me ask you one thing. Do you think the world will believe you?” Hyun Suk said before he went back to his chair.

“Whatever. Im gonna talk with those press that im just friend with Yoona. That’s it.” GD let out his last round of anger before he turned to exit the room.

“It’s your entire fault Kwon Ji Yong.” Hyun Suk raised his voice which made GD stopped his track. No matter how much Hyun Suk was angry with him or the Big Bang members, he rarely raised his voice. Slowly, GD turned around just to see Hyun Suk’s serious face.

“W..what do you mean, hyung?”

“It’ s your fault. Don’t you ever throw your fault to others. I don’t want to repeat what I had thought you since you were a trainee. You knew well that you, Yoona and Jessica are celebrities. I never prevent you from dating anyone before but now, it’s different. You are holding 2 names here, YG and SM. One wrong move, not just you but the fates of others are at stake. If your brain is still working, im sure you understand my words. Think carefully Jiyong-ah.” Hyun Suk said before went out from the room leaving GD alone with different thoughts. Hyun Suk’s words made him felt cold all of sudden. Before this, he never cared about his scandals because it will resolve within few days with the help of the company. But this time, he can sense something bad. In fact, a start of a disaster for him. Yoona and Jessica’s faces were running in his messy head.

I made a great mistake.’

 

 

 

 

It’s been days since the press conference that hit the entertainment world like a tsunami. Everyone was still in shock and denial especially the fans. Even Big Bang and SNSD members were questioning the sudden decision because they knew the truth. But none of them were more sad or shocked than Jessica. When she was told about the issue, she felt her soul was gone. She didn’t know what to say or react. People around her who knew about her relationship with GD were giving her sympathy look that she didn’t know whether it’s necessary or not. Even Yoona, the person that involved in this issue didn’t know what to do. She did meet Jessica after the press conference.

 

 

“Im sorry unnie. This is my entire fault. I know I shouldn’t meet GD oppa again when you are already his girlfriend.” Yoona cant stop apologizing and crying over that matter. She felt she was in charge for the whole thing and made Jisica relationship turned sour. She knew she had betrayed her sister.

“Anni. It’s just that..maybe you and GD oppa were in wrong place and time.” Jessica said consoling Yoona whose eyes already swollen for days. Honestly, Jessica felt sad about that matter because she knew, her relationship with GD wouldn’t be the same anymore when people recognized GD and Yoona as the official couple.

“No unnie. I ruined your relationship with oppa. Im guilty unnie. Im a very bad girl.” Yoona said while still wailing over her deed. Jessica felt pity to Yoona. She knew how worst Yoona’s condition once their sajangnim made the decision. She ditched most of her schedules and even left her hobby of eating. Not only Jessica, but the rest of SNSD members felt worried over her condition.

“No, Yoona. Stop blaming yourself. Things happened without us planning. I don’t blame you. Please, don’t torture yourself anymore. I believe things will back to normal even though it might take time, believe me. Now, I want my cheerful Yoona back.” Jessica said before she hugged Yoona. She didn’t know whether the words she just uttered were sincere or not. But one thing she sure was, she was still confuse.

 

 

 

Things obviously hard for Jessica to accept, but it was not just her. Yoona and GD experienced the same too. Some SNSD members did blame Yoona about that matter.

“You should know GD oppa is with Jessica. So why you always go out with him?” That was the most hurtful comment that thrown to Yoona by her unnies. But she knew, it was her fault. But seeing it’s unfair to blame Yoona, Jessica always defended her. The SNSD members slowly trying to accept the ridiculous plan involving their 2 members, eventhough it’s a bit difficult.

As for GD, the other Big Bang members were also blaming him. They knew well how much GD cared of Yoona over Jessica and that became the main point they believed.

 

 

“You never care about Jessica’s feeling.” TOP’s comment was still lingering in GD’s mind eventhough it’s been days. The other Big Bang members were just pitying their leader’s fate. And this made GD realized how much things will change after this. Actually, he already felt it. After the press conference, he tried to call Jessica and even messaged her to meet her. But she never answered. It’s been countless times that he waited in front of SNSD’s dorm just to try his luck to meet Jessica but he always failed. That’s when he felt that, the Jessica that he believed will always be beside him whenever he wanted was already far from his reach. GD never felt so down because of a girl. But after not hearing from Jessica after weeks, he knew how big his mistake was.

Eventhough all things had changed and there were so many reactions expressed, there’s still one thing that GD and Yoona still kept under their sleeves, about Doojoon. If only they told the truth to their sajangnims about Doojoon, maybe GD and Jessica were still having their sweet moments on the YG rooftop and Yoona was still with GD going around shopping at the malls. Besides, it’s because of that matter that brought GD and Yoona meetings at nights and caused paparazis to capture their photos. But GD knew, if he told the world about that, not just Doojoon but Yoona’s future will also vanished.

 

 

 

 

As days passed, fans were slowly accepting the new celebrity couple. And even big companies were trying to make GD and Yoona as their ambassadors. In short, since they ‘officially’ became a couple, various offers tailing them non-stopped. And these caused GD and Yoona spent most of their time together. People might think GD and Yoona will be all lovey dovey on the sets but the reality was the opposite. This forced relationship made them awkward together. Yoona kept distancing herself from GD whenever he tried to start a conversation with her. He actually wanted to ask about Jessica but Yoona never looked at him except when they were in front of cameras.

With his most determination after their CF filming, GD approached Yoona who was alone at the dressing room.

“Hi, Yoona. How..are you?” GD wasn’t sure whether it’s an appropriate question. He just felt the entire thing was awkward like it was the first time he met Yoona. Yoona was startled with GD’s presence when she also didn’t know what to do.

“Op..oppa. Im fine.” Yoona stuttered while busying herself with her bag. Then, GD came closer to Yoona before he sat in front of her. Yoona was already fidgeting on her chair thinking hard how to escape herself.

“You don’t seem so.” GD said shortly.

“Op..oppa. Mianeyo. My manager oppa is waiting for me. See you later.” Yoona said hurriedly before she stood up. But GD was faster than her when he held Yoona’s hands and pulled her back to the chair.

“Your next schedule will be in another 2 hours. I have something to discuss with you.” GD said seriously. They were a ‘couple’ but they acted like they were strangers. GD never felt that uncomfortable in his whole life.

“N..nehh? What is it?”

“Why are you acting like this?”

“Like what?”

“You are not yourself anymore. You became skinnier. You smile less nowadays and the important thing is, you always avoiding me.”

“An..anniyo. I just..”

“Don’t deny it because it’s the truth. What happened to you? Is it because of this fake relationship?”

GD’s words brought tears from Yoona’s eyes. Ever since this matter started, tears were Yoona’s loyal companion.

“Why are you crying?”

“Op..oppa. Mianeyo. I..i ruined your relationship with Jessica unnie. I am such a worst friend.” Yoona said while still sobbing hard. Her answer made GD shocked. He was told by the other SNSD’s members that Yoona was blaming herself for that matter but he didn’t expect it to be that worse.

“Yoona-ah. Stop blaming yourself. It’s not even close to your fault. If there is anyone to be blamed, then it is me.”

“Anniyo. If only I didn’t tell you about my problem, this thing wont happen.”

“Don’t be fool. You are my friend. Of course I’ll help you no matter what the problem is.”

“Oppa, I don’t deserve your helps anymore. Im just a burden to you.”

“Stop it ! Yoona-ah. I am also in a dead-end. So, please, don’t make me feel bad anymore. We should face this together. And I believe things will back to normal.” GD said while patting Yoona’s hand.

“That’s what Jessica unnie told me too.”

Hearing about Jessica made GD’s spirit dropped. He tried to ask Yoona about Jessica but he knew it wasn’t the right moment. He had to settle things first with Yoona before he prepared himself to face Jessica.

Jessica. Is she okay?

 

 

 

 

SNSD and Big Bang were still having their normal lives with packed schedules and such especially GD and Yoona. They got more offers from various companies and shows which made them frequently met. Their relationship was back to normal. Yoona even always reporting about Jessica’s condition to GD everyday. Yoona realized if she acted miserably, it would bring her nowhere. So, instead of being gloomy all say, she always trying to patch things up between Jisica. Numerous times, she tried to lure Jessica out to meet GD but always end up frustrated. Jessica knew well Yoona’s tricks.

Eventhough Yoona had moved on, Jessica was still in her own world. She gave so much thoughts on the issue and no matter how much she tried, she still cant see that GD was the guilty one. She intentionally rejected all GD’s calls and messages because she still wanted to straighten her mind and heart. GD and Yoona’s schedules didn’t help much either. Whenever Yoona went out for her schedules with GD, she cant help from being jealous. She knew Yoona was treating GD as a bestfriend but she also believed that it’s not impossible for Yoona to fall in love with GD especially when she’s in her period of avoiding GD.

 

 

One fine day, Jessica received a call from Taeyang. At first, she doubted that it might be GD who used Taeyang’s phone to call her so she asked Yuri to answer it.

“Nehh, oppa? It’s Yuri” Yuri said.

“Owh Yuri. Where’s Jessica?” Taeyang asked. Yuri gave a signal to Jessica that the caller was Taeyang which made Jessica felt relieved. SNSD members knew about Jessica’s avoiding-GD period. They trusted that Jessica knew what she’s doing so they didn’t really interfere with the issue.

“She’s here. Wait a sec.” Yuri said before she handed over Jessica’s phone.

“Hello oppa. It’s me Jessica. How are you?” It’s been a while for them also not meeting each other.

“Im good. Sica-ah, can we meet?”

“Nehh? Why?” Jessica was just afraid that Taeyang’s invitation will turn out to be GD’s.

“Just because. Besides, it’s been so long we don’t meet right? Come over to my place for lunch. Ask Yuri along if you want. Don’t worry. I will be alone.” Taeyang said.

“Okay.” Jessica finally said yes.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica asked Yuri to accompany her to meet Taeyang at his apartment since Yuri was familiar with Taeyang’s place. Yuri was objecting it at first because she didn’t want to interrupt their conversation but Jessica insisted. Again, she was still afraid of GD’s presence there.

“Welcome to my house. Come in.” Taeyang greeted Jessica with a hug and kissed his girlfriend Yuri before he stepped aside to let Jessica and Yuri in.

Jessica’s mouth dropped when she saw the interior of the apartment. Everything was in white and blue colors. Unlike GD’s apartment which was simple clean and modern-styled, Taeyang’s apartment was much filled with decorations. There was a big aquarium on the corner which contained colorful fish in it. Most of the walls were made from glasses and water continuously dropping from the top of the glass wall with colorful lights shone to them. The furniture was also unique with different patterns. What outstood the others the most was the small gym across the living room.

Daebak’ Jessica thought. She wondered how will the other Big Bang members apartment look like.

“Wow. Your apartment is daebak oppa.” Jessica said while her eyes were still wandering right and left observing the apartment.

“It’s nothing compared to Jiyong’s and Top hyung’s.” Taeyang said humbly.

“But still.” Jessica said.

 “Owh then, let me prepare the lunch.” Yuri excused herself getting the signal for a serious conversation between Jessica and Taeyang. Yuri went straightly to the kitchen which located quite a distance from the living room. Seeing this made Jessica questioned, how far did Yulyang relationship already. Was it like her and GD?

The sudden thought about GD made her sighed.

 “How are you these days? ” Taeyang started the conversation while smiling to Jessica, a smile that no one ever tired of.

“Im fine oppa. You asked me this before.”

“Well, I am just worrying about you.”

“Nehh?”

“You know. About Jiyong.” Taeyang said directly. Jessica’s mood suddenly dropped. She didn’t expect Taeyang’s invitation will mean this.

“What do you mean oppa?” Jessica tried her best to cover up her emotion.

“You can be honest with me Sica. I know everything about you and Jiyong. He’s my bestfriend remember?” Taeyang said while still keeping his smile. That’s also the reason why people around him felt comfortable to talk with him.

“Did he ask you to meet me and talk to me about us?”

“Anni.”

“Then?”

“Sica-ah. Look. I treat you as my dongseng and Jiyong is my bestfriend. It hurts me when I see you guys condition like this. I know it’s because of his fake relationship with Yoona. But honestly, you cant blame him entirely.” Taeyang patiently said in diplomatically way. It was his only chance to help his bestfriends.

“I don’t know oppa. Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t know what to do. Sometimes I feel like a pabo to act like this. But I don’t know how to say in words. Maybe I feel insecure?” Jessica finally let out her thoughts and feelings.

“I understand Sica. It’s not easy to be in your position. You have to endure everything. Especially when this involves your lover and bestfriend.” Taeyand said while patting Jessica’s back.

“I don’t know. I cant be mad at Yoona or GD oppa because this happens against their own will. I believe that. But I also cant cheat myself that I am not jealous when they spend a lot of time together. It’s not like I can tell my sajangnim that I don’t agree with his decision. I don’t know why I am acting like this. But one thing for sure, I don’t know how to face GD oppa.” Jessica ended with a sigh.

“You know. I believe one thing. There will be things that we don’t want to experience happen to us but in some ways, we can learn from them. Maybe you don’t like this thing because it somehow ruins you relationship with Jiyong and shakes your friendship with Yoona however I believe this thing happens for reasons. Jiyong has been gloomy these days. He doesn’t even eat proper meals or has enough sleep. When he’s not in schedules, he will isolate himself in the YG recording room writing and compose songs nonstop. He doesn’t tell us about how he feels but being his bestfriend since we were kids, I know he feels bad about this thing.” Taeyang said in hope Jessica will reconsider about getting back to Jiyong. Hearing explanation from Taeyang did make Jessica waver a bit. She didn’t expect GD to be affected that much because GD she knew was the one who always act like he was the real man, no tears, not sad because of love.

 

 

 

 

It was late evening when Jessica was alone in the store in front of YG building. She didn’t know what brought her there. It’s been 2 hours she was sitting in the store and ordering for coffee continuously. From Taeyang’s information, GD was still in YG building working like crazy. She was hesitant to go there at the first place, because she was still not ready for the whole awkward thing. How should she approach GD? Should she be angry or meet him the way she usually did? Only sigh can she give that time.

Anni, I cant avoid this anymore. Fighting Jessica!’ With her self-encouraging words, she dragged her heavy feet to YG building main entrance. And as usual, the old man guard already recognized who Jessica was and even let her entered the building without many questions. Also because he’s old, he didn’t know much about the big news that hit Korea few days ago, GYoon relationship, that he can inform the reporters GDragon was ‘two-timing’ two hot girls from SNSD.

 

 

 

 

Jessica was unconsciously sweating her palms while pacing back and forth in front of GD’s usual recording room. She still doubted her reason to meet GD when everything was still in mess. The door looked so far away that she didn’t dare to try to even go near it.

Enough Jessica! Don’t be a chicken. You can do this.’ Another self-encouraging advice for herself before she finally stormed into the recording room. But what she expected waiting for her wasn’t there. The recording room was empty, well in human presence, but it’s filled with papers scattered all over. Fortunately Jessica always went to the recording before, if not, she must think that she went to a wrong room. All the papers were lyrics of songs that written by GD. Mugs of coffee were seen on the table, pens were also unarranged. There were also few jackets and beanies which Jessica can tell who own those things by the unique features of them, with chains hanging here and there and torn in some parts.

 

Jessica moved to search GD in the most possible place he would be, the rooftop. She was right; GD was sitting alone there on the swing with cigarette in his hand and a few can of beers on the floor. But another thing that attracted her attention was the change that took place on the rooftop. It wasn’t as beautiful as that the last time she went there. There were so many flower pots with beautiful flowers in them. To add the beautiful structure, there were also decoration lights hanging on the fence that surrounding the rooftop.

 

 

Jessica then slowly approached GD before she seized the cigarette from his hand and threw it. GD who was initially in his own world was damn startled and surprised to see Jessica’s presence there. He was so shocked that he couldn’t speak.

“Smoking is bad oppa. Drinking also.” Jessica said with stern voice while pointing to the cans of beers on the floor.

“You..came?” GD cant believe his eyes. The fact that the person who he had been trying to reach by calling and texting was right in front of him sitting beside him like nothing happened.

“Close your mouth oppa. Not only flies, but cockroach can enter also.” Jessica threw a joke which GD didn’t respond. Instead, he pulled Jessica for a hug, a tight one.

“Yah, how dare you didn’t pick up my calls and reply my texts. This girl really wanna die.” GD said in his usual angry voice but there’s a tinge of relieved yet happy in it.

“I..”

“Shut up. You..you made me like crazy.”

“N..nehh?”

“I missed you like crazy. I thought..i thought you..gonna leave me.” Tears then slowly formed in GD’s eyes. Being the cool and charismatic guy, it was really hard for Jessica to believe that GD sounded so desperate and sad. Maybe it because of the beer’s effect but Jessica still felt the emotion. It was SO rare for GD to express his own emotion.

“Oppa..”

GD released the hug and gripped Jessica’s shoulder for a better view of her face.

 

 

 

“Your hair is longer now.” GD said while trying to wipe his tears’ stain.

“We didn’t meet for days only. How can it be long?” Jessica chuckled at GD’s unexpected sentence.

“It’s weeks.” GD said. If only VIPs saw him acting like a child in front of Jessica, didn’t know what will happen. Jessica sighed before she smiled. She raised her hand and put on GD’s face.

“Why are you crying?”

“I am not.” GD’s stubbornness came which made Jessica smiled. It seemed like the whole fake relationship thing was never existed.

“You look messy.” Jessica said while examining GD’s face. Eventhough he always had schedules with Yoona and s, but he looked so unarranged. GD’s eyes were droopy and he looked like he didn’t shave for days. Dark circles under his eyes were no joke.

“I am not happy lately.”

“Why? Something’s wrong?” Jessica asked eventhough she knew the list answers already.

“The girl that I love abandoning me.”

“Oppa..”

 

 

 

 

“She’s so mean. I was calling and texting her like crazy but she never answered.” GD said with his sad voice.

“Oppa..i..”

“Are you mad about me and Yoona?” Finally the awaited part of the conversation came. This made Jessica mood dropped. She was trying to act cool about that thing but then GD knew her better.

“An..anniyo..” A useless try from Jessica. She immediately avoiding GD’s gaze.

“Don’t lie please. What’s your reason for avoiding me?”

“I didn’t avoid you. I was just..” Jessica stopped from whatever lies she was thinking to tell GD when she saw GD’s face.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know oppa. I am so confused that I don’t know what to do. About that thing, it hurts me when people recognize you as Yoona’s boyfriend who happened to be my bestfriend. I don’t like to be sad over something that’s why I didn’t involve in so many relationships because im afraid the reality of being hurt. Tell me oppa. What should I do?” Jessica said with a bitter smile. At last, all her worry thoughts were expressed. GD was driven to the end. It broke his heart when he realized what he did have make the cheerful Jessica became a solemn one.

“I consider Yoona as my dongseng. I know I have been telling you this countless time but I still act the opposite. But what should I do, Jessica? Should I avoid her and act like we never friends before?”

“Am I being ridiculous oppa? For being sulky with this thing?”

“No, i am the ridiculous one. In fact, the stupid one.”

 

 

 

 

Jessica then stood up before she went near the fence and watching the sun setting. A long silence came.

“It takes my whole courage to come here oppa. I didn’t know how to act in front of you. I always made fun to the lovers in the dramas where they bickering about jealousy. Sometimes for ridiculous reasons. Now, im doing the same. Even worse. Im sorry for treating you bad these past weeks. Actually I was thinking. Thinking how fool I am to be this sulky type girlfriend. “

GD also stood up and went beside Jessica before he held her hands. But then Jessica turned around to face GD with a smile on her face.

“I think we are a silly couple. Don’t you agree? You always treat me bad but I still miss you whenever you are not around. And you oppa, you will be acting strangely when im not contacting you.” Jessica chuckled. GD didn’t know how to interpret Jessica’s words.

“I am silly. A silly who always abandoning a good and kind girlfriend like you.” GD said.

“You are acting strangely again oppa. Where’s my arrogant G-Dragon?” Jessica said playfully. Actually, she was trying to solve their problem in an easy way.

 

 

 

 

 

“I have been thinking about what you said about our destiny. I guess it’s true. I cant ever force something goes according to my way. Maybe this is one of them. People know me as a confident guy but actually im not. Even till this day, I still feel insecure about our relationship. I cant deny that. I always think what if one day you will leave me. And you know what? I think you will, considering the things that I always put you in. For that, im sorry.” GD’s meaningful words really touched Jessica’s heart. She didn’t know GD was thinking about their relationship that far.

 

“Oppa, you know why I hate watching dramas? Because they are complicated. I really want our relationship to be like variety shows because they are more fun. I always pray our relationship is always in the second category because I worth our relationship. And no. I am the one who should apologize because Im running from our problem. I will take this matter as my booster to improve our relationship. You should do the same too oppa. We should forget what happened.” Jessica said before she hugged GD again.

 

“Jessica, I know there’s a destiny written ahead us and we don’t know whether it’s something that we will approve or not. But one thing for sure, I will fight for it to be a beautiful ending.”