CHAPTER 52

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

The storm that the news brought was not negligible. Every sides pointing fingers toward each other especially fans eventhough the news was not confirmed yet. Most fans claimed that GD was at fault if looking at the pictures and videos posted online. But VIPs didn’t keep silent though. Lots of negative words thrown to Yoona for not appreciating GD as her boyfriend.

 

Jessica was so worried that day because she knew what GD will do if he became stressed. On the other side, Yoona who was involved in that mess acted like nothing happened. Their manager called in that all their activities for that day will be cancelled like every time any scandal erupted involving them. Yoona even ate 2 bowls of cereals for her breakfast before she continued her sleep.

“Yah! Yoona! Arent you going to be worried?” Taeyeon asked pissed off by Yoona’s negligence.

“Unnie, this is not something new.” Yoona said whose body already on bed.

“But still, act like you care. Call GD oppa or something.”

“He doesn’t need me.”

“How do you know?”

“Believe me. We fight because of that. Now if you can leave this room, I want to sleep more since I back home late last night.” Yoona yawned before she covered her head with a pillow.

“This girl..jongmal” Taeyeon can only sigh before she went out from Yoona’s room.

 

 

Jessica heard and saw the conversation between Taeyeon and Yoona. As patient of a person she was, she got a little bit angry toward Yoona’s behavior to the issue. She couldn’t take it anymore so she stormed into Yoona’s room and grabbed her pillow off from her harshly.

“Yah ! I keep my patience all this while and tolerate everything I can. But seeing you like this makes me explode.” Jessica screamed from the top of her lungs. She hated it when Yoona didn’t even concern about GD’s feeling. Who knows he might be swarmed by reporters that time but Yoona was there sleeping soundly. Yoona tried her hardest to keep her anger down. She finally stood up and faced Jessica.

“What do you mean unnie?” Yoona said lowly.

“What the crap are you doing here? That’s what I mean. If things like this surface you should do something. Those reporters might already attack GD oppa by now.” Jessica yelled angrily. The other SNSD members were shocked by the sudden outburst from Jessica early morning. They predicted a huge fight will occur anytime soon.

“What do you want me to do? Go to those reporters and tell them it’s not true? Do you even think sajangnim will let me?” Now it’s Yoona turn to yell. Both their faces were already red from the raising anger.

“Yah. Why are you girls acting like this?” Tiffany butted in. She was actually afraid seeing those two raising their voices at each other.

“Im not oppa’s real girlfriend. But everytime anything happens, I am the one who get the fire from people around. I have tons of problems to worry other than this petty thing. We were quarrelling last night. And you know what? It’s because of you.” Yoona continued. That sentence felt like a slap on Jessica’s face. Tears started blinding her sight.

“You..just hurt me.” Jessica said with shaky voice. She then quickly went out from Yoona’s room leaving the other members calling her name. Her tears finally dropped. She couldn’t imagine Yoona spoke those hurting words to her. She didn’t know how many hours she was crying in her bedroom ignoring the thunderous knocks on her door. When she thought deeply, the issue wasn’t anything big as compared to their previous scandals but even she didn’t know why she got so sensitive to the extent of quarrelling with Yoona and even cried for hours. Maybe because the issue involved GD.

 

After God knows how many hours she was locked in the room, she finally decided to go out and search for GD. She tried calling and messaged him but he didn’t respond. It obviously made her sad but she threw away all her pride and realized if it’s not that time, there will be no chance for her to correct their relationship. Her exit from her bedroom surprised the other members who were still in the living room.

“Where are you going?” Yuri asked worriedly but Jessica didn’t answer. She quickly went out from the living room.

“I think she is going to GD oppa’s apartment.” Taeyeon said.

“But isn’t it dangerous? Those reporters might be there.”

“Im not sure whether they know GD’s oppa apartment. Just pray that this rainy day will bring something good.”

 

 

Using the car given by GD which she rarely used, Jessica sped to GD’s apartment in the heavy rain. Her head was in mess thinking how should she approach GD since there’s still unspoken boundary between them lately. When she reached GD’s apartment, she didn’t know what to do. She didn’t even sure whether GD was there or somewhere else but one thing she glad that no reporters were seen there.

 

Jessica knew GD’s apartment password but she didn’t want to take risk to invade his apartment. So she waited in her car while enjoying the rain didn’t realize that the night came. After hours of waiting, a light flashed from a distant. A familiar black sport car was entering the basement parking. Jessica quickly went out from her car and ran through the heavy rain to meet GD.

 

“Op..oppa.” Jessica said in her drenched clothes. GD was beyond shocked to see Jessica in front of him fully wet by the rain.

“Why are you here?” GD wasn’t even sure whether it’s the appropriate question after they didn’t meet for so long.

“I..”

“Follow me” GD grabbed Jessica hand and led her to his apartment.

 

Once they entered GD’s apartment, GD went to his bedroom to get a dry towel. Jessica who was nailed at her spot just lowered her head didn’t know what to do until she felt a soft material on her head.

“Why do you run through the rain?” GD nagged while wiping Jessica’s hair and face.  

“You are all wet. Go take a bath and change your clothes.” GD requested Jessica who obediently moved into the bathroom.

 

After 30 minutes of bath and wasting time in the bathroom, Jessica finally stepped out and went into the living room to search for GD. Honestly she was afraid. GD somehow gave a different treatment to her. She rather got scolded by GD than treated silently like that.

“You are done? Now let’s eat. I prepared dinner for you.” GD welcomed Jessica with the sudden invitation. They went to the kitchen and Jessica was surprised to see the table. She thought GD was joking.

The dinner went without both of them speaking. Only clanking of spoons and forks were heard. And maybe it’s not too exaggerating if we say we even can hear their breathe sound. Jessica cant even chew her food properly. Her mind was filled with words that she wanted to say to GD. About him and Yoona’s incident, about her unanswered calls and messages, about GD’s well-being and about them.

“Is the food okay?”

“Nehh? Ahh. Yes.” Jessica was surprised with the sudden question. It was really awkward. They were a couple yet they acted like strangers. But then she heard the sound of chair being pushed.

“Just leave those plates in the sink. Im gonna do some works in the room. Just sleep here tonight.”

 

With that short conversation, GD left the kitchen and went to his working room leaving Jessica speechless there. She went there to meet GD after a long time but GD treated her coldly, in her opinion. The whole situation was awkward since the first place and she regretted coming there.  After she washed the dishes, she went into GD’s room which she never went for so long. Once she stepped into the room, she was shocked to see the messiness in it which she didn’t realize it when she went to the bathroom before.

 

It broke her heart to see GD lived like that. From the environment itself, Jessica knew that there’s something bothering GD at that time because it once happened before. She slowly gathered all the clothes that were scattered on the floor and cleared all rubbish she saw. She even tidied the bed and sprayed air freshener to give a good fragrance in the room.

There was no sound coming from GD’s working room even after few hours. Jessica started doubting whether she should stay there or not. Predicting from the earlier situation, GD seemed not wanting to talk to her that much.

 

On the other hand, GD was drown in his pile of works. The very messy room was lighted poorly. Smell of cigarettes and alcohols filled the room stuffing into his already packed head. That was his daily activities since the incident happened. He rather stressing himself out than seek for the truth from Jessica. Even with Jessica’s presence there, he didn’t know what to do. As the least experienced member in acting among the Big Bangs, he did quite well in hiding his true emotions in front of Jessica. Frankly, he was surprised to see Jessica there despite the cold treatment he gave her lately, but at the same time, he did miss her so much that he kept restraining himself from hugging Jessica and kissed her.

 

Another sigh escaped from his mouth. GD ruffled his already messy hair while trying to focus on the scattered paper in front of him. All the lyrics he was trying to arrange were like trashes in his eyes. Nothing went well as he wished. With addition of his issue with Yoona that the whole Korea was in shock and his management company who had been calling and messaging him regarding the issue, it made things worse for him. As a result, he pushed all the objects on the table to the floor due to his frustration. He wanted to just shut himself in the room until..

 

Knock knock

“Oppa, im going home. Thanks for the food.”

Jessica’s voice was heard from the other side of the door startling GD. As he heard what Jessica said, he didn’t know what to do. Should he stop her from leaving and solve their problem or just let her leave so it wouldn’t be more awkward for them as it was.

Jessica sighed when she heard no response from GD. She did want to stay but then she realized GD didn’t want to talk to her. She asked herself what she’s doing there and embarrassing herself. Her heart was crying with their sudden change in relationship for unknown reason. The old GD who always cherished her presence no matter how rude he was, now changed to another person. She blamed no one other than herself.

Jessica slowly walked to the door but then someone held her hand from behind.

“Where are you going?”

Jessica turned her head to see GD’s serious face in front of her.

“I..im going home. It’s late night already.” Jessica spoke trying to sound normal.

“Stay here. Go back home tomorrow.” GD said before he pulled Jessica to his bedroom and made her sit on the bed. After seconds of looking at Jessica, he turned his body to the door to leave.

 

 

“What did I do wrong oppa?!” Jessica raised her voice stopping GD’s steps.

 

“I ask you. What did I do wrong that you treat me like this?” Jessica didn’t know where she got the courage to do that but she knew well to not delay solving their problem.

GD who was shocked still didn’t turn to look at Jessica.

“If I did something wrong, please forgive me oppa. Please forgive me.” Her voice started to get shaky due to her urge to cry. She then went near GD before she hugged him from behind. She hugged him so tight that even GD was surprised and dumbfounded on what to do.

“Don’t treat me like this oppa. You are killing me.” She started sobbing with tears falling from her eyes.

“Jessica..” GD’s heart broke when he knew Jessica cried. He felt like a loser and a bastard for making his own woman cried. He tried to turn his body to face Jessica but she tightened her hug more.

“No, don’t turn around. I will have no courage to say what I want to say.”

GD complied with her request eventhough he wanted to console her so bad.

“I don’t know what happened to us. We were so happy until recently. Did I do something that makes you mad at me oppa? Im really sorry if I do. I was so sad when I couldn’t reach you eventhough you are so near to me. Even now, I feel like you are not here. Why this happens oppa?” Jessica confessed while sobbing hard. GD couldn’t take it anymore. He turned his body and held Jessica’s face. Her face was wet with tears that he felt he wanted to kill himself for acting like a fool all this while. He wiped Jessica’s tears and made her looked at him.

“If there’s anyone to say sorry, then it’s me. I am so sorry for treating you badly. I was just..confused.”

“Confused?”

“I..forget it.” GD once again wanted to avoid the problem leaving Jessica disappointed with his attitude.

“Oppa, avoiding wouldnt solve anything.”

“Jessica..”

“You know..i really miss you oppa. I miss you like crazy.” Jessica cut GD’s words and confessed her feeling without feeling shy as she always did. Her tears were falling again like stream. GD on the other hand was stoned there when he heard Jessica’s words. It’s the first time since they became a couple that he saw Jessica cried a lot like that.

“I saw you with Donghae the other day when he hugged you. I was so furious yet a fool. i know he had been meeting you all this time but I was so angry that I didn’t want to contact you and im a fool  because Im running from this problem.” GD finally said his thought surprising Jessica.

 

“D..donghae oppa? But..”

“We don’t need to talk about that.”

“No ! We need to talk about that if that’s what makes us like this. Yes, he approached me and even asked me to be with him again.”

“What?” GD couldn’t believe what he just heard. How dare Donghae asked someone’s girlfriend to be his.

“But I said no. I have only one man in my heart and it’s you oppa.” Jessica's answer was like a bomb to GD.He then confirmed how stupid he was for not believing Jessica.

“Jessica, I am really sorry. I am really a fool and a coward. I am really sorry.” GD said regretting his deeds to Jessica.

“Anniyo oppa. Don’t be sorry. It’s my fault for not telling you sooner.” Jessica hugged GD again and patting his back to calm him. GD hugged Jessica back and kept saying sorry to her.

 

 

 

With the end of the sad scene, Jessica and GD lied on the bed facing each other not wanting to close their eyes and just staring at each other.

“I really miss you Jessica.” GD said while caressing Jessica’s cheek gently which Jessica replied with a smile.

“I miss you too oppa.” Jessica held GD’s hand on her cheek.

“I am really sorry for making you cried. I am really a fool.”

“Enough apologizing oppa. You did nothing wrong.”

“But i..”

Jessica then hugged GD tightly stopping him from furthering his words.

“Wahh ! it’s been a long time I didn’t sleep beside you. I really like your bed. It’s big and soft.” Jessica said happily trying to turn the gloomy mood between them. GD just smiled seeing his Jessica turned into the cheerful person again. He patted Jessica’s head before he kissed her forehead.

“You want a bed like this? I can buy you..”

“Shh ! You always ruin the good mood.” Jessica said distancing her face from GD’s and made a fake angry face.

“It’s funny.”

“What’s funny?” Jessica asked.

“You were crying badly just now but now you are smiling happily.”

“Of course. I am so happy that I can hug my Mr.Jealous again.” Jessica joked.

“Mr.Jealous? Yah!” GD chuckled lightly.

“It’s the truth. You always get jealous oppa. Aigoo. This is the price you have to pay when you have a pretty girlfriend like me.” Jessica smiled playfully.

“Don’t take it too far. I wasn’t jealous okay? I was just..”

GD’s words were muffled when Jessica suddenly kissed his lips deeply. The hot passionate kiss lasted for a full minute where Jessica took the upper hand surprising GD with her aggressiveness. GD can feel Jessica was smiling a bit when she kissed him. She rarely made the move first so that kiss was worth to write in a diary. After they parted, GD wasn’t moved at all still in shock scaring Jessica.

“Oppa, gwenchanayo?”

“Wow ! I am a lucky guy.”

“Tchh. You sure are.” They then laughed with their silly antics. One moment they were fighting, then they were good, they cried and they laughed.

“Our relationship is really weird huh?” GD said remembering all the things they had experienced since they were together.

“Yeah. But I like it.” Jessica said before hugging GD back.

 

 

 

“Oppa..”

“Mmm..”

“I always pray for one thing in our relationship.”

“What is it?”

“That we have faith with each other.”