CHAPTER 51

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

“What?!” GD cant believe the words that he just heard from the person in the other line. His head was spinning to combine the pieces of information he got into a bigger picture. He felt weird that Donghae approaching Jessica when he was Sunye’s boyfriend. But with Sunye’s confirmation, he thought he understood the situation.

“Nehh, we just broke up a month ago.” Sunye answered like it was nothing. She didn’t know that the call from her longtime friend, G-Dragon was actually about her relationship with Donghae.

“But why?”

Sunye didn’t answer the question instantly, she took her time to chuckle instead.

“I don’t know. Maybe he couldn’t bear being with me?” Instead of answering, she’s giving a question for GD to wander.

“But you guys were so good together before. Why break up all of sudden?”

“I don’t know oppa. He once called me that he was tired of our relationship. We only met once for few months since im here in US while he’s in Korea. Maybe, yeah, he just tired of me.” GD cant predict Sunye’s voice. Usually, when people talk about break up, they will at least felt sad but Sunye’s was so casual and emotionless while discussing that matter.

“Are you really okay with it? You sound like..”

A sigh can be heard from Sunye’s line. GD knew well that Sunye wasn’t the type who loved to sigh whenever she came across obstacles in her life. The Sunye he knew was someone who will put everything in line just to protect the ones she loved.

“I cant say im okay with it nor im not okay. You know oppa, I learned a lot as time goes by. I worth my relationship with him and I believed everything will go accordingly if I tried my best to protect that relationship. But I forgot something important, I didn’t think from his perspective. Maybe for me, it’s okay to have distant relationship but not for him. I should have understood him better.” Sunye said while reminiscing the very few moments she had with Donghae.

Sunye’s answer somehow made GD thought about his relationship with Jessica. He always failed to try to think from Jessica’s perspective that he kept making Jessica sad.

“By the way, are you calling me for this? Since when did you become a reporter?”Sunye’s light joke brought GD back to the real world.

“Nehh? Ahh, of course not. Im calling to ask about your well-being.”

“Aigoo oppa. I can tell that you are making up stories just by hearing your voice.”

“Well..owh right. When will you come back to Korea? Do you plan to live there?” GD tried to convert Sunye’s attention.

“I always go back to Korea. It’s just you are so busy with all your girlfriends that you didn’t notice me. What a good friend you are oppa.”

“Well, a hot guy like me has so many things to handle. Sometimes, it beyond my ability.” GD joked. He knew they eased a bit from the serious matter they discussed earlier.

“Whatever. Oppa, it’s late night here. You should call me earlier. Aigoo~you disturbed my beauty sleep.” Sunye chuckled.

“Arasso, arasso. Ahh this ahjumma. Be grateful that I called you.”

“Nehh, kamsahamnida ahjussi.” Laughter erupted from both lines. They really missed the times they shared together before. Now that they had bigger dreams and goals, they had to separate to focus on what to achieve. But they still maintain their beautiful friendship despite the time and distant.

“Take care, Sunye-ah.”

“Nehh, you too oppa.” With a beep continuing the line, GD put his phone down before he lied on his bed. His arms were crossed behind his head signing that he was thinking deeply.

So what is Donghae’s intention that he is now broke up with Sunye?

 

 

Believe it or not, the moment GD caught Jessica being hugged by Donghae, he turned his body and went back to his waiting room. He didn’t know what made him do that but apparently; it affected his performance that night. It had been days since the incident. Jessica kept calling and messaged him but he never replied. He never felt like he was being tied up like this before. The incident back at the concert kept replaying in his mind. He had 2 options at that time, to approach them or the worst choice, ran away. Yet, he chose the latter. Confidence was something he held as his virtue for his life but it was violated at that night for the woman he loved the most. He was just afraid that if he made a mistake by misunderstood the situation, he will lose the trust of his woman which might be forever.

 

Jessica was fidgeting in her seat with her phone in her hands. She, Yoona and Seohyun were invited to attend a fashion show held by a famous international brand and they were on their way there. Her calls and messages to GD that day were again welcomed by voicemail. Nothing could she do unless being confused and sad with GD’s sudden change. She did have thoughts to directly go to YG building or GD’s apartment but in her situation, eventhough she’s GD’s girlfriend, GD’s ignorance somehow made her afraid to take further step to approach GD. But, being the always good girlfriend, Jessica had positive thinking that maybe GD was busy that he couldn’t contact her.

 

“Unnie, you and Seohyun should go first. Im waiting for GD oppa.” Yoona said once they stopped at the venue.

“Wae? Oppa is here?” Jessica’s heart was pounding erratically just by hearing the name.

“We are supposed to walk on the red carpet together. We are the ambassador of this brand.” Yoona said. Jessica suddenly felt nervous. She kept thinking on what she should do when she met GD later.

“See you later unnie.” Yoona then went away to a familiar black car which Jessica sure belonged to Big Bang.

Oppa must be in there.’ Jessica thought sadly. It’s very weird that you got afraid to meet your own boyfriend. As much as she wanted to run to the black car so bad and tell GD how much she missed him, she knew better to not act rashly.

“Unnie, gwencahanyo?.” Seohyun’s voice stopped Jessica from drowning in her own imagination further. She just nodded and smiled for a reply.

 

The camera lights were flashing here and there to capture the 2 goddesses from SNSD on the red carpet. Every head directed to them to witness their beauty. Seohyun and Jessica waved to the cameras as they posed beautifully. When their turn finished, GD and Yoona came as the last guests to walk on the red carpet. Jessica intentionally slowed her pace to get a glimpse of GD. GD who wore a very stylish outfit was so easy to be recognized with his red hair and sunglasses. He and Yoona coolly walked on the carpet with Yoona’s hand entwining GD’s arm. The cameramen were going crazy with their cameras that nearly broken due to repeating clicking just to capture the hot couple’s moment.   

They do look good together.’ With a heavy sigh, Jessica then followed Seohyun to sit at the left of the runway. Call it luck or disaster when GD and Yoona sat exactly opposite them. Jessica’s hands were sweating due to nervousness. She kept glancing at GD who was expressionless beside Yoona. And his sunglasses didn’t help at all. They sometimes were whispering to each other with Yoona chuckled lightly and GD just nodding.  It looked like they really were celebrity couple in Jessica’s eyes.  And of course, the sudden sad feeling came uninvited in Jessica.

“Oppa, lets meet Jessica unnie and Seohyun after this. You don’t have schedule after this right? Lets go to my favorite restaurant. My treat.” Yoona whispered to GD.

“I have a meeting with Hyunsuk hyung. ”

“What meeting?”

“A meeting. Yah, focus on the show. People are watching.”

“Tch. Like you are focusing. By the way, what’s with the sunglasses?”

 

GD can sense that Jessica was watching him but he just too coward to look at her especially in the midst of reporters and cameramen surrounding them. Honestly, he missed Jessica but what can he do when his head kept thinking about Donghae issue? Usually, he didn’t give a damn to petty things like this but he didn’t know why he acted like it’s confirmed that Jessica was cheating on him. There were countless times when he really wanted to pick up Jessica’s calls and replied her messages. But there’s a voice in his head telling him not to. He even lied to Yoona that he had a meeting with YG when actually he was free of schedule after the fashion show.

 

“Booya..you said you have a meeting with Hyun Suk sajangnim. Then why we are here?” Yoona protested when GD dragged her into his car before he drove to she didn’t know where. GD was acting like a spy with his eyes were getting smaller as he drove.

“Just keep quiet.” GD said while carefully follow a car in front of them. It’s actually Donghae’s car. When the fashion show ended, Seohyun and Jessica went to their company’s car but being the observant boyfriend, GD saw Donghae whom GD didn’t knew where on the earth he came from approaching Jessica before Jessica followed him into his car. So there he was, following the Haesica couple like a paparazzi.

“Are we going to a restaurant?” Yoona asked in hope.

“Yah ! What restaurant? It’s passed dinner time already.”

“Then?”

“Then what?”

“Why am I here?”

“I don’t know”

“Oppa !”

“Can you please lower down your voice? Im following that car. I couldn’t miss them. Arasso?”

“Wait, isn’t that..Donghae oppa’s car? Why are we..”

Yoona couldn’t finish her sentence when GD abruptly parked his car on the road side. Yoona was slightly thrown forward but thanks to the seatbelt that she regained her position.

“Oppa!” Yoona yelled while giving GD a deathly stare. She could hit her head at the dashboard if there was no seatbelt wrapping her. While Yoona continued her nag, GD’s eyes followed a couple who just went out from their car across the road. It’s not that difficult to recognize them despite their heavy disguise clothing. But GD couldn’t predict where they will go since the street had a lot of restaurants lined up here and there.

PAKK

“Ouch!” GD yelled in pain. As he engrossed in eyeing the couple, he felt a stinging pain on his left arm. He snapped his head towards Yoona’s direction.

“Yah! What are you doing?” GD asked in anger. But his anger didn’t even reach 1% of Yoona’s anger. Her eyes showed everything.

“You nearly killed me just now. Is that a good reason to break your arm?” Yoona said with her arms crossed together. Actually the reason was more to she annoyed that GD treated her like she wasn’t there eventhough GD was the one who dragged her.

“You are just exaggerating. You look okay.” GD said before he turned his head back to the direction where his eyes focused before just to know that the couple already disappeared.

“Where are they?” GD then cursed because for him, it was his chance to know what was happening between Jessica and Donghae.

“Are you spying on Jessica unnie and Donghae oppa?” Yoona finally got the clue. She rolled her eyes disbelieved.

“Yeah. And you made me lost my chance.” GD couldn’t control his words. It’s literally the first time he got so worked up towards Yoona who couldn’t believe her ears.

“Did you…just yell at me?”

“Obviously. Because you are so noisy to be with and I regret bringing you here. Why you couldn’t shut your big mouth for just 10 minutes? Look now. There are gone.” Another line of hurting words came out from GD. At that moment, Yoona was in shock. She cant believe that GD could mad at her and even put all the blame on her when in the first place, she didn’t even know why she was there.

“You know oppa. I am leaving. Thanks for those words.” With the last bits of patience she had, Yoona pushed the car’s door to open rashly before she went out ignoring the fact that people might recognize her and plus, it was already late at night.

“Yoona-ah. Where are you going?” GD shouted from inside the car but Yoona was already walking away. Her steps were fast accompanying with her anger and cursing to GD.

“Stupid dragon. Don’t drag me here if you just want to yell at me. Arrghh! I hate him.” While reciting all cursing words she knew, Yoona’s speeding steps were stopped when she felt someone tugged her arms and turned her body around.

“Yah, aishh. Can we stop the drama?” GD said. His head was already in mess to begin with and Yoona just added another problem to him.

“What drama? You started it first. Now off your hands please because this noisy girl wants to go back and rest at home.” Yoona said sternly before she pushed GD’s hands harshly.

“Okay, im sorry. “ GD shouted desperately. But that didn’t make any difference since Yoona already hailed a taxi and left GD there with a big regret inside him.

Another problem..’

 

 

“Unnie! Jessica unnie!” Yoona shouted crazily while banging Jessica’s door for 3 minutes already ignoring if the house occupants will wake up and smack her head for irritating them in the middle of the night. She wanted to have a talk with Jessica regarding her relationship with GD. It’s not that she had that much free time to meddle into someone’s relationship but knowing GD, she knew she had to help a bit or else, with GD’s pride and Jessica’s cluelessness, their relationship will just take days to come to an end.

“Jessica unn..”

“YAH IM YOONA!!” Taeyeon suddenly appeared with her face covered with facial mask, messy hair and keroro pajama that Seohyun gifted her. In short, she really looked like a ghost who just woke up.

“Owh unnie. Why you are not sleeping?” Yoona asked.

“Did you hit your head anywhere? Who wouldn’t wake up when you bang that door like crazy?”

“Owh, sorry. Jessica unnie doesn’t open this door.”

“She’s not here.” Taeyeon said.

“Nehh? But it’s already midnight.”

“Exactly. That is why im begging you please let me have a peaceful sleep.” Taeyeon said dramatically before she turned her way to her room.

“Wait, unnie.”

“What again?” Taeyeon sighed in annoyance.

“Where is Jessica unnie? I thought..”

“Spare your thought since I don’t want to know and I don’t know where the hell she is. Now let me sleep because tomorrow I will have a long damn schedule to attend.” With those words, Taeyeon slammed the door hard until the picture frame on her door fell to the floor.

Jessica unnie isn’t here? This is bad

 

 

“Oppa, stop it. You will faint if you continue drinking.” Jessica seized the glass filled with alcohol from Donghae’s hand. He had been drinking since hours ago. Even Jessica didn’t know where he got all those energy to lift up his glasses when most people will already pass out drinking countless bottles of alcohol.

“Yah. Give it back.” Donghae said in drunken state before he threw his body to Jessica since he felt himself heavy. Jessica had to hold Donghae who smelled very bad because of the alcohol.

‘You have enough. Let’s go home.” Jessica said before she tried to push Donghae away from her body.

“You smell..nice. If only..you come back..to me..” Donghae said while foolishly smiled. It’s not the first time Donghae had been asking Jessica about going back to him again. Since the incident in SNSD’s dorm, Donghae unexpectedly talking about getting together again with Jessica which surprised her since Jessica knew well about his relationship with Sunye. Same as GD, she questioned, why all of sudden when SunHae couple was at their blissful moment as they thought. But being the nice girl, she pitied Donghae. He looked miserable when he came to meet her at the dorm. And he even cried. But what made Jessica felt extremely weird was when Donghae asked her to be his girlfriend again when he knew that Jessica had GD. She did tell Donghae about that but he refused to accept the fact. In the end, Jessica assumed that Donghae was still in the state of cannot accept the reality and he needed someone to share his feelings and that someone was her.

Jessica knew she could do nothing with the drunken Donghae. So, she grabbed her phone and dialed Siwon to come there and fetch Donghae. Once she ended the phone call, she sighed seeing Donghae who already slept. He looked messy and unorganized. Even Jessica didn’t know what to do for him to gain back his sense. As of then, she just followed Donghae’s wishes. Even going to the club was Donghae’s request. Jessica just hoped, as time flew by, Donghae will turn normal again.

“Mianhae oppa.” Jessica said before she left the room. She was at dead end in simpler words for being someone’s girlfriend and someone’s friend. She realized she didn’t spend much time for GD since Donghae came back to her eventhough GD had been asking so many times. But, she also had the responsibility as a friend when Donghae needed her in his difficult time.

 

The rainy morning was cold yet it brought a piece of hot news to whole Korea. Since early in the morning, reporters and media were kept busied rushing here and there. Most of them took advanced step by going  straight to the main source where they can get information regarding the news they had their eyes on.

The hot famous couple GDragon and Im Yoona were spotted arguing last night after they attended a fashion show together at a street near Gangnam area. The incident that took place near midnight started when Yoona shi was seen getting out from GDragon’s car before she took a taxi and left GDragon. Many sides are disappointed with this news especially the fans of GYoon since they predict that a break up news of this couple will emerge sooner or later. Meanwhile, both YG and SM representatives still in silence in regard of this news. Reporters since this early mor..’

“This is bad.” Tiffany said when she saw Jessica and Yoona presence. All the girls except Jessica and Yoona were up earlier and when they on-ed the television, they were beyond shock to see the trending news. Some even opened their computers to see what’s happening out there. They didn’t see this coming that fast. But that didn’t beat the shock when they saw Jessica and Yoona standing beside them while wearing unpredictable expression. Shock, anger, sad and confused were all mixed in one.

“Sica.. Yoona..” Tiffany quickly off-ed the television before she hid the remote control believing that that act will hide the truth.  

“GD oppa. I..have to go to him.”