CHAPTER 51

Destined Love [HIATUS]

 

Jessica was running like crazy with her uttermost effort with sweats forming on her forehead ignoring the fact that people might look at her. Call it lucky, that the 5 star hotel was deserted at that night that people cant even notice a famous idol was running in her beautiful pink short dress. Once she got off from the cab, the only thing she thought was to reach GD fast. She kept looking at her watch while running busily until she reached a large door of the hotel’s restaurant.

Okay, relax Jessica. Relax. 1, 2, 3..’ After a deep breath, Jessica pushed the door to open and what she expected was waiting there. 3 heads turned to see her before they stood up. Jessica felt like she was walking on a runway with burning charcoals on it. She was so nervous that she didn’t know when she arrived at the table. The luxurious and magnificent surrounding of the restaurant wasn’t able to take her eyes off from the 2 persons standing in front of her.

 

 

“Dad, Mom, this is Jessica. And Jessica, these are my Mom and Dad.” Jessica again was startled that she didn’t realized GD’s presence there who was wearing a shocking normal attire. There was no weird accessory or stuff on his body and he was looking very handsome that night.

“Annayeonghasaeyo Mr and Mrs.Kwon.” Jessica bowed to the elders politely. Only God knew how terrible her nervousness was.

“Please sit.” Mrs. Kwon said with a formal smile. From Jessica’s view, Mrs. Kwon was a very elegant woman and of course beautiful. Her way of speaking was enough to show that she was someone that should be respected.

“You are late.” Mr.Kwon suddenly said when Jessica thought her nervousness was dying. Mr.Kwon’s statement was very sharp. It’s not even a question but a fact.

“I..had few things to settle..so..” Jessica lied when the fact was she was accompanying Donghae. Jessica viewed Mr.Kwon as a scary figure. He had this aura that was same with GD’s. He was a middle-aged man but Jessica can see that he’s still fit and he looked like a successful man from the way he clothed.

The dinner was quite silent if one must say. Mr. and Mrs.Kwon were very formal people. Or maybe in straightforward word, strict. They spoke in classy way, they ate in classy way and their gestures were also classy. Now, Jessica knew what her friends meant by GD’s parents were unapproachable.

 

 

“So, Jiyong. Are you doing good these days?” Mrs.Kwon asked which made Jessica felt weird. GD’s her son why wouldn’t she know about GD’s well-being.

“Im good.” GD answered shortly while continuing cutting his steak.

“You know, our company will have it’s 20th anniversary next week right? Would you come?” Mrs.Kwon asked.

“Im not sure. Maybe I have schedule on that day.” GD answered nonchalantly. Now Jessica’s curiosity arouse when she witnessed the awkward feeling between GD’s family.

“You have to come. Or else..” Mr.Kwon suddenly said with his stern tone. He was showing angry expression but luckily Mrs.Kwon was there to stop him.

“Yeobo..please.” Mrs.Kwon said while soothing Mr.Kwon. She was actually worried about her husband and son’s relationship.

“Never mind Jiyong-ah. I was just asking if you could come. If you are busy, never mind.” Mrs.Kwon threw a bitter smile before she picked up her fork and knife to continue her meal.

Jessica turned to look at GD who was biting his lips and his eyes were darted to his father who looked completely off-appetite. The tension between these 2 males was so strong that Jessica cant even swallow her food.

 

 

“Why you are not eating dear?” Mrs.Kwon asked Jessica who was startled with the sudden question.

“Nehh? Owh, im eating.” Jessica blamed herself for looking foolish in front of GD’s parents.

“You are such a beautiful woman. Thanks for accepting our Jiyong. It must be very hard for you to handle him.” Mrs.Kwon said which again puzzled Jessica. She didn’t know what’s wrong with GD’s family.

“Owh neh. Jiyong oppa is a good guy. I should be the one who feel thankful.” Jessica answered while showing her best smile.

“Yeah, he is.” Mrs.Kwon said before again, she continued with her meal leaving Jessica in a corner again.

What’s wrong with this family?

Coming from a cheerful and happy family, Jessica didn’t know how to react or even act in this kind of situation. Mrs.Kwon was obviously thought that her steak was her main focus that night. GD was continuously stabbing his steak while Mr.Kwon was already with his ipad.

Okay, this is so awkward.’

 

 

 

GD’s new white Peugeot RCZ was halted in front of SNSD’s apartment harshly. The journey from the hotel to the dorm was silent. Ever since from the restaurant, Jessica can feel GD’s mood wasn’t that good. She didn’t know whether to get out from the car without saying anything or she should talk to GD first.

But when she decided to just give GD some space and wanted to get off from the car, she heard GD spoke.

“Im sorry.” GD’s tone was too low that Jessica sensed that he was disappointed with something.

“Waeyo? Why are you saying sorry?”

“im sorry on behalf of my parents. I know they were too..harsh on you. And I also apologize for I cant make tonight as a memorable night for you.” GD finally said with a hurtful voice. Jessica felt pity for GD on sudden. She slowly reached GD’s hand before she patted it.

“I..I don’t have a good relationship with my parents. Until now, they are against me for continuing my life as musician. They want me to take over the company which I really hate. That’s why I never told anyone about me being the successor of my dad’s company. Especially my dad. He kind of, hates me? I am sorry Jessica for introducing you to my awkward family.” With that sentence, GD finally lost himself. A tear finally rolled down his sad face. Seeing this, Jessica’s heart broke. She never thought that the charismatic and cool GD had family problem which he hid very good.

“Anniyo oppa. I am so thankful that you finally brought me to meet your parents. You don’t know how happy I am to know that you are willing to introduce me to your parents. Thanks oppa. As for your relationship with your parents, I have no say about that but believe me, no parents hate their children.” Jessica said before she hugged GD and patted his back. She can feel GD tightened his hug and soft sobs can be heard in the car.

“I love you Jessica.”

“I love you too, oppa.”

 

 

 

“Oppa ! Palli !” Yoona yelled GD who was catching his breath a distant away from Yoona who was extremely happy that day.

“Yah, i..dont..have..energy anymore.” GD finally sat on the nearest bench releasing all the shopping bags in his hands. Yoona who saw this can just shook her head. She approached GD before she sat beside him.

“Tch, this is why I told you to work out more on your body, oppa not just sitting in the dark recording room till morning. Cant you be like Taeyeon oppa or even Khun oppa? They have great bodies and stamina.” Yoona nagged with intention that GD will get mad. She loved to tease GD sometimes.

“Yah, I also have abs you know. Just that I don’t want to show it.”

“As if. We just shop for about an hour but you already looking this limp.” Yoona stuck out her tongue playfully.

“Anyone can die if they carry all these heavy bags for an hour. Why do you have to buy all these anyway?”

“It’s because, Jonghyun-shi asked me for a date tomorrow. So I must look presentable in front of him.” Yoona squealed excitedly when she remembered how fast her relationship with Jonghyun had progressed.

“Just the two of you? Didn’t he know you have a boyfriend already? How dare he woo GDragon’s girl.”

“Ac..actually, he wanted to meet Seohyun since Yonghwa oppa will have a date with her tomorrow. But he asked me to tag along if I want.”

“Yah, it’s not even a date. He was just asking casually but you consider it a date?” GD was already laughing like crazy when Yoona’s answer was so ridiculous to him. He didn’t stop laughing until he felt a loud pang on his shoulder.

“Yah ! It hurts ! This elephant, chinja.”

“Serves you right. Who told you to laugh like a hyena there.”

“Yoona-ah seriously. You just have to tell him you like him and case closed.”

“But he knows me as the stingy Gdragon’s girlfriend. In fact, the whole world knows me for that.”

“Mind your words babe. Because you literally own my credit card today. I wonder how much did you spend already.”

“It’s..it’s your responsibility. Since you made me your girlfriend, no guys even dare to approach me. So just think this as a payment?” Yoona showed GD’s credit card while giving a foolish smile.

“Just don’t make me a pauper since I should have some money for a wedding with your unnie.”

“We’ll see. Come on, lazy . We have a long way to go.” With that, GD and Yoona shopping session continued with Yoona trying so many clothes while GD giving his comments. Of course, GD will suggest weird clothes with bright colors, but Yoona was intelligent enough to reject his offers. Luckily these 2 persons were well disguised that they can shop in peace.

 

 

 

“Nope, it’s too girly. It doesn’t suit you.” GD’s comment earned him another slap on his shoulder. They were in a branded cloth store where Yoona tried few clothes while GD waiting outside the changing room before giving his comments.

“This Dragon, jongmal !” Yoona said in anger before she slammed the door right in front of GD’s face.

“I was just joking ahjumma. You look good in everything since you are pretty already. Now, just pick any clothes since im hungry.”

“Chinja? Auww, oppa. You are so sweet.” Yoona then opened the door before she hugged GD.

“Yah yah. Don’t you know that you are so heavy?”

“Oppa!”

 

 

On the way to SNSD dorm, GYoon couple talked a lot about each other activities and of course, as the CNN of SNSD, Yoona couldn’t let the recent progress of Jisica couple off like that.

“Oppa, tell me. How was the dinner ?” She asked excitedly while clapping her hands together.

“What dinner?”

“Tch, oppa. You do know right why you didn’t become an actor.”

“Yeah, because I don’t want to.”

“Whatever. Now just tell me. What happened?”

GD was hesitating whether to tell Yoona or not. It’s kind of humiliating himself too. Of course Yoona knew about his family condition and she even visited GD’s family house several times but to tell the story was taking a lot of courage.

“Well, it didn’t go as much as I liked. Dad blew it up by asking me foolish questions and acting like an annoying old hag.”

“Oppa, what did I tell you before about this. No insulting your own parents.” Yoona was somehow sad. She and GD weren’t that different. She had no mother because she left her when she’s still a kid while GD had parents but only to use GD as their successor.

“Okay, okay. But still, cant he act like he likes Jessica to be there? The whole dinner was a from the start. Actually, if there’s one to be blamed, then it’s me. I was a fool to think that maybe by letting my parents know that I have a good girlfriend, they will ease a bit and will trust me more. But nothing changed. You know, my dad even wanted me to attend the company’s party. Like hell I will go.” GD finished his sentence while slamming the steering wheel hard.

 

 

“Why you dont want to go? Isnt it good? I mean im sure your father has a lot of upper-class men acquaintances. Who knows, they might take you and the Big Bang to endorse their products. ”

“Like I care. I don’t want to involve in his business. Im not into architecture. Yah, you. You do know about this right? So don’t ask me again.”

“Well, I was just asking since Jessica unnie wasn’t that happy that night.” Yoona said more to herself before she diverted her gaze back to the front.

“You know, I cant believe my dad sometimes. He’s so heartless..” GD still continued blabbering about his dad despite a warning from Yoona.

“Oppa..”

“..and what I cant believe the most was when he said to Jessica that she was late for the dinner. And that’s his ing first sentence to greet Jessica. Can you believe it?”

“Owh gosh oppa. Mind your words. It’s your dad.”

GD just showed his angry expression when he remembered about his father. Yoona shook her head while watching GD. From the stories GD told her, his dad can be categorized as a monster but still for Yoona, children should appreciate their parents and family. So that’s why whenever GD had problems with his parents, Yoona will calm him down and tried her best to make GD forget about his family’s problem.

“Owh, by the way. Why did Jessica unnie come late to the dinner? You didn’t pick her up?” Yoona asked because she thought GD fetched Jessica from their dorm.

“I wanted to but she said it’s better if I went to the restaurant with my parents. Besides, she had few things to settle.”

“Owh, maybe it’s because Donghae oppa.” Yoona said casually but earned a major reaction by GD who abruptly stopped his car.

“Donghae?” GD said the name seriously. It was already late to erase the story.

“N..nehh..why?”

“What about Donghae? Tell me !”

“Well, mm..he came to our dorm the same night you and Jessica unnie had dinner. So, I was just saying maybe..MAYBE.. Sica unnie was late because of Donghae oppa? I mean, she maybe had to attend him since he was a guest. But yeah, this is just my fool thinking oppa. No need to think much. Mm..i think my dorm isn’t that far from here. I can just walk. Ok, bye.” Yoona was quick to get out from the car but not as fast as GD who grabbed her arm.

“Not so fast elephant. Well, I don’t care about him since he has Sunye already. And what do you mean near to your dorm? Do you want to break your leg by walking?”

Eventhough GD said that, but he still felt uncomfortable. It’s really rare for Jessica to lie to him but this case which involved Donghae made her lied to him.

 

 

 

So the days passed with GD’s mind filled with Jessica and Donghae. What added to his suspicion was when he asked Jessica to come to his apartment. Sometimes she will come but most of the times, she said she had schedules but when he asked Yoona about it, there’s no formal schedule for Jessica. As a guy GD knew best to not jump to conclusion when thing like this happened in a relationship. Whatsmore, his relationship and Jessica became much better since the vacation so he had to restrain his wild thoughts.

 

 

 

 

Big Bang, SNSD and a few other groups were scheduled to have performances at SBS Guerilla concert. Most of the top groups were there like Super Junior, 2NE1, 2PM, 2AM, Miss A, After School, BEAST, MBLAQ, Secret and a few more. It’s Big Bang’s first time after years to attend the annual concert so many were anticipating their stage which will be on before Super Junior’s stage. And as usual, Big Bang always came late to any events. They prefer to come to an event only when their turn was coming. They did all the styling and checking beforehand so that they wont stay at the waiting room for so long.

 

There will be another 2 performances to wait before Big Bang’s turn. 2NE1 and 2PM were ready to be on the stage after SNSD’s performances. Jessica really wanted to meet GD but she knew she cant just blindly ran to their room and met GD. So, with the help of GD’s ‘official’ girlfriend, she and Yoona can sneak out to Big Bang’s room.

 

“Oppa !” Jessica said once she entered Big Bang’s room ignoring the others. Actually, there were only YG staffs there so she didn’t have to be afraid since everyone in YG knew the real between her and GD. She went straight to GD before she hugged him shyly.

“You miss me huh?” GD turned around to see Jessica looking so beautiful with her white outfit for The Boys.

“You look beautiful.” GD praised the blushing Jessica before he heard a fake cough beside him.

“Well, only Jessica unnie is beautiful?” Yoona asked with a cynical voice while crossing her arms.

“Yeah. Because you look like an elephant.” GD teased Yoona. Well, actually, Yoona was also pretty like an angel but GD just didn’t want to praise her.

“Tch. Whatever. Make it fast you two before manager oppa gets crazy.” Yoona said before she went to a nearest couch to chat with Big Bang’s stylist whom she close with.

“She’s just jealous. Come girlfriend.” GD said before he pulled Jessica to another couch. But there were 2 persons on the couch doing something that Jessica felt dizzy right away.

 

“Hyung ! Just go get a room.” GD threw a small cushion to TOP who was snuggling his girlfriend Jooyeon and kissing her wildly. Jessica couldn’t believe her eyes. The people in the room acted like it was nothing and they did their business without even cared about what TOP and his girlfriend did. They literally made foreward there.

“Yah ! Cant you give us some time? We haven’t met for so long you know.” TOP got irritated when his precious time with Jooyeon was disturbed. Jooyeon was already blushing when GD saw her and TOP like that so she stood up hastily before gave a bow to both Jessica and GD.

“Owh, anneyeonghaeseyo. Sorry for this.” Jooyeon apologized. She actually knew about Jisica complicated relationship so it was not a news for her to see Jessica and GD together.

“Owh never mind. Please, continue to..whatever you guys…did.” Jessica couldn’t believe she spoke those words. It was very awkward of her to watch the older couple acted like a real couple.

 

“Well, i lost my mood with this seaweed’s presence. Let’s go baby. We continue at other place.” With that, TOP pulled Jooyeon out from the room to God knows where leaving Jessica standing awkwardly and GD threw his body to the couch lazily.

“Wouldn’t he be late for your stage oppa?” Jessica asked before she joined GD sat on the couch.

“He knows when to appear again.” GD said with his eyes closed. Seemed like he was so tired. Seeing this, Jessica closed the gap between her and GD before she massaged GD’s shoulders. This action somehow erased the creased that formed on GD’s forehead.

“TOP oppa and Jooyeon unni look very happy, aren’t they?” Jessica said.

“Well, TOP hyung really loves noona. So, yeah.”

“Do they always do that?” Jessica asked cautiously.

“Do what?”

“Well..you know..”

“Owh..yeah. Jooyeon noona literally lives at hyung’s place. If you are asking THAT thing. The answer is yes.” GD said casually before he pulled Jessica to his embrace on the couch.

“Oppa. People are watching.” Jessica said while trying to release GD’s arms from her body.

“No one cares about that here.” GD said casually before he opened his eyes. They were looking at each others’ eyes directly and deeply.

 

 

 

“Hyung ! Why didn’t you tell us Jessica noona is here?” The annoying voice of Seungri filled the room before he squeezed in between GD and Jessica.

“Noona, I miss you and you look so beautiful…”

The cheerful voice of Seungri was stopped when GD pushed him off the coach.

“Stay away from us you caterpillar !” GD said irritated. A fight between these 2 friends was about to erupt but luckily Yoona was there.

“Unnie, manager oppa is calling us. We have to go.” Yoona said. Jessica nodded in understood before she joined Yoona.

“Why so fast?” GD asked showing how disappointed he was to only have short moment with Jessica.

“I will visit you again oppa.” Jessica said while smiling before she went out from the room.

“This is all your fault maknae.” GD said before he smacked Seungri’s head playfully.

“It’s always me.”

 

 

 

 

When GD stood up, there was something fell from his lap. It was a necklace which he believed was Jessica’s.

This forgetful girl

GD decided to give back the necklace to Jessica so he personally went out to SNSD’s waiting room. Along the hallway, there were so many idols gasped at his presence. It’s not usual for GDragon or even Big Bang members to wandering around the hallway like what other idols usually did. They bowed 90 degrees when GD walked passed them.

But before GD could even reach SNSD’s waiting room, he caught 2 figures at the very end of a corner. They were like chatting at first before the guy hugged the girl. It was when the girl’s face faced GD’s direction, the necklace in GD’s hand dropped to the floor.

“Je..jessica?”