Ceremony

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I stared at my couture wedding dress in its covers on the hook, hung on the back of the door, save the best dress for the real wedding huh? I groaned, why did I pick that Valentino one. I sighed, taking a miserable glance at it again. Urgh… maybe there was time for me to drive down to the store and pick up the Ellie Saab one that I wanted to save for the real thing. I quickly picked up the keys to the Prius glancing at my watch on the way out. ! 9 am already? The ceremony started at 12. I groaned again, slapping my face into my hands. 

Knock Knock

My head jerked up, I split my fingers letting my eyes peek through, Jaejoong came waltzing in champagne in his hand.

“Seung Ni!” Jaejoong chirped, taking a swig, “Why haven’t you put your dress on yet?”

I groaned, “I feel…” I began, placing a hand on my stomach.

Jaejoong raised a brow, “Drink?”

I nodded quickly snatching the glass from him. I down the whole thing.

“Better?”

I pouted shaking my head. He rolled his eyes and gave me his glass too. I downed that too. Jaejoong’s eyes narrowed. I stared back at him practically begging.

“Give me your flask!” I growled, extending a hand to him.

Jaejoong jumped away from me, “No way!” he pushed my hand off him, “That’s for the boring parts of the ceremony.”

I mouth dropped, “No way!” I whined.

Jaejoong sighed placing both his hands on my shoulders, “What is it?”

I pouted, “Its the dress,” I pointed to the white cover, “I wanted to save the perfect dress for the real wedding.”

Jaejoong frowned, “Okay…” he raised a brow.

I sighed, “During the dress fitting, I told the lady that I’ll take the Valentino one because the wedding was going to last.”

Jaejoong nodded, but I could still see his confused expression.

I growled, “But I am getting married for real now!” I shrieked, “I’m never going to be able to where haute couture ELLIE SAAB!” I cried.

Jaejoong blinked at me.

I grabbed his collar, “Oh come on,” I wailed, “HAUTE COUTURE ELLIE SAAB” I turned my head into his chest sobbing.

Jaejoong gave me a very uncomfortable tap on the shoulder, “I don’t follow,” he muttered.

I scoffed, “Boys!” I threw my hands in the air.

“Hey!” Jaejoong retorted, “I’m only here to help you relax, I gave you what you need already.”

I raised a brow, “One and a half glasses of champagne?”

He nodded, “If you slur your vows up there Changmin will kill me.”

I grinned, “Changmin will kill you if he knows you’ve been passing me alcohol before the ceremony.”

Jaejoong’s brows immediately furrowed, he leant in closer to me, “And that’s why where keeping that on the low right?”

I snorted, “Give me your flask.”

“Wow, look at the time, I’ve got to go!” he quickly dashed out the door before I could even catch him. 

My lower lip trembled, unbelievable, that jerk. I turned back to the wedding dress again, Valentino… Valentino, okay, okay, I know its just as good, but come on, when will I ever get the occasion to wear Ellie Saab again. I took a step closer to the dress, my hand shaking as I pushed my fingers onto the zip. I bit my lip pulling it down slowly, I froze, my mouth falling open. Was that? Was that? OMMO.. OMMO!!!

 

I dashed out of the room as soon as the zip to the dress was pulled up. My feet hitting the cold marble floor as I ran down the corridor the skirt of the dress clenched tightly in my hands. I pushed the door with my shoulder.

“Changmin!” I puffed.

Changmin stared back at me aghast.

“Seung Ni!” Yunho jerked his head towards the door.

I grinned, letting the skirt of the dress fall as I leapt into Changmin’s arms, “How did you know?”

Changmin circled his fingers on my shoulder and pushed me back, “Um… we’re not supposed to be seeing each other.”

I nodded, “Yeah, who cares, HOW’D YOU KNOW!” my eyes widened.

He looked down at me, “Looks nice.”

“Of course it looks nice!” I shouted, “It’s ELLIE SAAB!”

Changmin beamed, “Though you would like it.”

I tilted my head, my eyes interrogating him, “What did you do?”

Changmin brought a hand to his head bashfully, “I… I made a few calls…” he said softly, “That day you told me you wanted Valentino.”

I frowned, “Months ago?” I gasped, “But… but…”

Changmin sighed, “Oh come on, I hated that Valentino dress, even if you were my fake wife then, I wouldn’t even walk down the aisle with you in that. You would have looked 50.”

My mouth dropped, “You were already planning to ruin the perfect wedding dress for me?” I sneered, my eye narrowing.

Changmin’s mouth opened, then he closed it again, “Wh… what…” he stammered.

I rolled my hand into a fist, “You were going to sabotage my perfect wedding.”

Changmin scratched his head.

“You…” I continued, “You were just going to order this dress in for me? And…” I turned around, my head swaying, “And what happens if the marriage doesn’t work out and I want to marry again?”

What…” I groaned, “What happens if I meet the perfect man?” I gasped, my eyes widened as I turned to face him again, “What dress will I use then?”

“Is this pre-wedding stress?” Yoochun elbowed Yunho.

My head jerked turning towards them. Immediately they steered away from my gaze opting to look out the window.

I pouted, “You were going to ruin my perfect wedding!” I accused him.

“Umm…”

I turned to Xiah, “Hey,” I growled, “You stay out of this.” I turned back to Changmin, his eyes were narrowed in a confused manner.

“Excuse me miss,” he said, waving a hand in front of me, “But I’m pretty sure your perfect wedding starts in an hour, and if you haven’t realized yet you’ve already met your perfect man.”

I froze, glancing at the clock above us, damn, he is right. I turned back to him, “You’re lucky!” I growled under my breath, “But this is not over.”

I quickly my heel and stomped out the room.

“Jaejoong!” I heard Changmin growl, “What did you do?”