Exposed

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I wondered out to the large garden, the sun was up, despite the cool weather, it was the perfect setting for a romantic picnic. It wasn’t long until I found them, strewn out on a red checkered picnic rug. I was about to run to him when he leant over whispering into her ear. I choked from the inside. I stood frozen in my spot. I watched as he picked up her hand and dragged her to her feet. They crept to the pond together, bending over amongst the reeds laughing with each other. My mouth formed into an uncontrollable pout. A week ago I had hated the fact that I was choosing rings, now I’m whinging because Changmin was looking for tadpoles with another girl.

“Seung Ni!” 

I jumped, I turned around to see Hyun Joong, his hands in his pocket, a smile on his face.

I bit my lip, “You caught me,” I tried to laugh, “Without my fiance,” I shrugged.

He looked over my shoulder, “Ha, I see. Yeon Hee.”

I pouted.

“Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for him.”

I shook my head, “Yeah right.”

He nodded slowly, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, “What is it then?”

I bit my lip, should I tell him?

“They made sour dough and prosciuttos…”

Hyun Joong smirked, “That’s not all is it?”

I shook my head. He pulled me into a bench swing. 

“I know why I was arranged.”

Hyun Joong raised a brow, taking my hand in his.

“It’s because I’m Australian.”

He laughed, “I know that most of the world prefers Australians over Americans, but I’m not following.”

I smirked, “It’s because she’s Australian.” I jerked my head towards them.

Hyun Joong smirked, “That has nothing to do with it.”

I snorted, “I was chosen because they were hoping that he would forget about her. I was a beacon to help him talk to his parents again.”

Hyun Joong’s face dropped, he was realising the truth in my words. He was too kind to lie. I sighed.

“His grandmother brought her back, she said she’ll give me a year. As soon as I graduate she wants me out of here.”

Hyun Joong bit his lips, “I’m sorry,”

I swallowed hard, “I’ve become a puppet.” I was too weak, as soon as the tear slipped out, I knew that I had fallen for him.

 

======================================================
Listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWkC_mnjB0
DBSK – Insa

======================================================

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

I laughed as Yeon Hee flinched at the tadpole in my hand. We had done this once before, once three years ago, when she was once mine. I was kind of relieved when I saw her, she had broken my heart, but this time I was ready to move on. She no longer affected me. Maybe it was because of the long time we’ve spent apart.

“Oppa!” she jumped, whacking my arm away from me. The tadpole fell to the ground. I bent down to pick it up.

“Who cares about it,” she sighed, “Let’s go have cake.”

I frowned, “We’ve messed around with it enough, let me put it back.”

She waited obediently at my side whilst I picked up the tadpole and threw it back into the pond.

“What cake did you bake?” I laughed.

She smiled, “You’re favorite, Strawberry Short Cakes.”

I nodded, it was once my favourite, but Seung Ni had showed me her famous apple and blueberry crumble. She shoved so much biscuit pieces into her recipe that I had to crack it open like a soft boiled egg.

“Come on,” Yeon Hee, tugged my hand, dragging me up the small hill, back to the blanket.

As soon as we got to the top of the hill my heart fell, Seung Ni was on the love swing with Hyun Joong, her head resting on his shoulder.

I gulped.

“How big of a slice would you like?”

I shrugged, “As much as you are willing to give me.” I knelt down beside her.

She grinned, passing me a slice of cake.

“I’m glad I came back,” she smiled.

I nodded, forking a large piece of cake into my mouth so that I didn’t have to say anything to her.

“I miss you,” she whispered into my ear.

I quickly turned towards her shocked. Our lips met, my eyes widened, no I don’t want to do this. But her fingers laced around my jaw and she proceeded to pull me closer to her. 

I pushed her away gently, “Yeon Hee,” I sighed, quickly jumping to my feet.

She looked up at me confused, “I love you.”

“Huh,” I couldn’t believe it.“I’m engaged,” I spat.

She shook her head, “No, it’s all a set up. They just wanted to get your mind off me.”

I shook my head, “No… I’m engaged.”

She grabbed my hand, “Changmin,” she sulked, “She’s just an object.”

My mouth dropped, Seung Ni was not an object. I shook her hand off mine and looked up at the love seat. Seung Ni was at her feet, a hand to . She looked shocked, not only that, hurt. What have I done.

“Yeon Hee,” I sighed.

She looked up at me, tears in her eyes.

“I’m engaged.” I ignored her and ran up the hill. 

“How could you?” Hyun Joong spat as I reached the love seat. Seung Ni was no where in sight.

I raised a brow, “You can talk. What were you two doing just now?”

Hyun Joong shook his head, “I wasn’t locking lips with someone other than my fiance.”

I snorted, “What do you know?”

Hyun Joong’s eyes narrowed, “She knows…”

“Knows what?” I spat.

“That your parents used her. Your grandmother told her everything. How your parents chose her because she was Australian. She could remind you of Yeon Hee.”

I frowned, what was he going on about?

“Your grandmother was thanking her for helping you communicate with your parents again.”

“That’s a lie,” I spat.

Hyun Joong shook his head, “Once Yeon Hee left, you shut yourself in your room for weeks. You ate nothing, you said nothing, you DID nothing. Don’t you think your parents would have been worried?”

I sniggered, he was saying this to piss me off.

“Once you did leave your room, all you did was work. You hid in the hotel, you became an outright jerk.”

I grabbed Hyun Joong by the collar, “Watch what you are saying!” I threatened.

Hyun Joong pushed me aside, “What do you care, you have Yeon Hee now.”

My upper lip twitched and my fist tightened. Before I knew it, Hyun Joong had toppled over by the force of my fist.

“Changmin!”

Seung Ni rushed over to his side, her hands cradling his head. “What the hell?” she screamed.

I was breathing so hard, I couldn’t say anything.

Seung Ni glared at me, “What the heck do you think you are doing?” she spat.

“Don’t talk to him like that,” Yeon Hee s an arm around me.

Seung Ni’s lips thinned as she helped Hyun Joong to his feet. “I don’t ever want to see you again,” she spat, “Screw my graduation. Screw my career. Get out of my LIFE!”

I watched her leave with Hyun Joong, I was breathing hard. I’m going to lose her. But I was too scared to even say anything.