Joyous

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni untangled herself away from my grasp and leapt onto the bed.
“Goodness!” she screamed, “Changmin, you’re fiance is so smart!” she cheered, punching the air.

I snorted with laughter, she was so amusing sometimes.

“So, I ran up the stairs and hid inside the toilet,” her eyes enlarged, “You have no idea how freaked out I was.”

I rolled my eyes, watching her tap her heart with her hand.

“And I was sitting on the toilet desperately wishing to god that I could just disappear.”

I smirked, “Me too.”

Her eyes wide, she nodded back.

“Go on,” I smiled, sitting down on my bed.

Seung Ni grinned, “So I decided to finally have the courage and leave. I opened the door from the bathroom and saw your room in front of it. Then the brilliant idea hit me.”

I looked up at her, she was bouncing on my bed a grin on her face.

“So I snuck to your bedroom, commando crawl and all.”

I raised a brow.

“Okay, maybe not,” Seung Ni rolled her eyes. “But I had to press myself against the wall.”

I laughed.

Seung Ni slid down beside me, “Seriously, I’ve been thinking of becoming a spy.”

I laughed so hard, clutching my stomach, “Seriously?” I snorted.

Her face dropped, she slammed her hand against my shoulder, toppling me over.

“Anyway,” she continued, straightening her back, “I got into your room and pinned your doctor against the wall.

I raised my brow again.

“Fine,” she sighed, “I picked up his microscope and threatened to break it.”

I brought a hand up to my mouth laughing, trust her to do such a thing.

“And yeah, I made him agree with me and he settled on $5000 and the university degree.”

I grinned, taking her hand, “Like you,” I smiled.

Seung Ni cocked her head, “What?”

I smirked, “Like you,” I said again, “You got into the marriage to pay for the $5000 damage of my Armani pants and for your university degree.”

She rethought it, “True!”

I smiled, wrapping my arms around her, “Should we make a baby now so that Halmeoni will never do this again.”

Seung Ni pushed her palm into my face, “What?” she spat, pulling away from me.

I removed her hand away from my face laughing, “I was joking!”

Seung Ni’s mouth dropped, “You better be!”

I stared back at her gobsmacked, “It’s already a handful having you for a wife, can you imagine what it would be like with a mini you?”
Seung Ni’s lips formed into a pout, her arms folded defensively against her chest, “I’m gonna kill you,” her eyes narrowed.

My jaw dropped as she leapt at me.

 

Halmeoni stopped bothering us after that day, she would come over frequently to give us some more wedding invitations for us to hand out and would leave just as quickly as she came. Seung Ni and I had fun picking out the decorations for the wedding. The stubborn girl chose, I bet specifically too, everything that my mother didn’t ask for. It was so difficult picking sides with both of them so persistent on having something that neither of them wanted.

Our wedding was going to be in a weeks time, and I couldn’t wait to finally have her as my wife. We could fight until this house falls down, but I don’t care. She was going to be mine.

I sat at my desk smiling to myself, not even noticing the figure leaning over me.

“Who are you thinking of?”

I jumped startled, “What?”

Seung Ni narrowed her eyes, her hands resting on her hips, “Are you cheating on me?”

I snorted, my mouth hanging open, “Are you serious?” I raised my voice.

She kept her eyes narrowed at me, sneaking around to look at my computer, “No?” Her fingers bolted towards the mouse, clicking open my email. 

Her eyes scanned the boring business emails, she pouted, “Maybe not…”

I scoffed, “Are you serious woman?”
Seung Ni shrugged and plonked herself onto my lap, “So what were you thinking about?” she grinned.

I smirked, knowing fully well that my answer was going to annoy her, “You,” I said softly.

Immediately she leapt away from me, “God Changmin!” she screeched.

I started chuckling to myself.

“You know how much I hate that corny… urgh…” she furiously rubbed her arms.

I snorted with laughter, “What? You know how much I hate lying.”

Seung Ni whisked her hand to , “Goodness, I think I’m getting another case of morning sickness.”

I raised my brow in disbelief, “It’s nearly 7pm.”

She growled at me.

“Okay, yeobeo, let me treat you to dinner,” I smirked.

Seung Ni raised her finger to my face, “What did you call me?”

I feigned surprised, “What? You don’t like yeobeo? How about baby? Babe? Sweetie? Honey?” 

dropped, and I couldn’t escape out of my office fast enough.