Implode

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

 

My head pounded when I woke up, had I been dreaming? Changmin’s grandmother couldn’t possibly be in Australia could she? It took approximately thirteen hours to get here, how’d could she get here so fast. I let my shoulders relax and dropped my head back onto the pillow, goodness, all this morphine was making me delirious. 

“Halmeoni!”

I froze, no, that couldn’t be. I lifted my heavy hand onto my forehead, I wasn’t still dreaming was I.

“I won’t leave her.”

I froze, my heart sank, it felt like it had dropped out of my body and onto the floor.

“She’s laying up there in a coma, don’t you care about anyone but yourself?”

I gulped.

“Changmin!”

“I can’t possibly leave her, she’s only like that because of me.”

Silence. My eyes stared at the ceiling unblinking, I really didn’t know what to do. Suddenly the sound of footsteps got louder and heavier. I gulped, quickly closing my eyes, please no. Changmin and his grandmother’s voice got louder and louder as they approached my door. 

“Halmeoni, you can’t go in.”

“That girl should not even be staying here,”

“Halmeoni!”

The door opened with a bang. I looked up at Changmin’s grandmother, neither of us blinking. 

“You’re awake,” she snarled.

I nodded, pushing myself up, my arm was shaking underneath my weight. “I wouldn’t think that everything would get to this point,” I said calmly.

Her lip jerked, she turned away. She couldn’t even stand looking at me.

“I don’t want to make it anymore difficult for your family, as children we were raised to obey our elders.” I raised my eyes up, looking at her straight in the eyes, “No matter how unreasonable they could be.”

Her lip twitched again.

I kept my eyes on her, “I know how much I love my grandmother,” I gasped, my voice was shaking, “and I would never do anything to hurt her.” I gulped down the lump in my throat, time to let him go again. “Changmin is a good grandson, he will never want to see you hurt.”

Her lips tightened, she turned back towards me. I could see her fingers folding into a fist. I swallowed hard, “But, it’s my responsibility to respect my elders, mine or his. If this is what you want…” I picked up my gaze from the ground and looked up, “Then fine…”

“Seung Ni!” Changmin gasped.

I ignored him, my gaze still held on his grandmother, “I will leave him. So that you will no longer have to fight.” I kicked my feet off the bed and pulled the covers off me. Slowly, I managed to stand up. I took a step forward, right past her. I froze, quickly I my heel.

“I just want you to know,” I said. I swallowed again, “Stuck between your elders and the one you love is not a pleasant feeling.” 

“Seung Ni,” Changmin was begging now.

“I just hope you know what you are doing,” my voiced dropped, almost in audible. “But I don’t know how long it will be... before he forgives you.”

I turned to him, a tear sliding down my cheek, “They raised you from a baby, I just met you three months ago, you don’t have to….”

“Seung Ni SHUT UP!”

I froze. 

“You can’t take our baby and just leave me!” Changmin cried.

My eyes widened, what did he just say? Baby? What? What baby? Changmin’s hand landed on my shoulders pulling me towards his chest.

“You can’t do that to me,” he begged. His breath on my head.

My mouth dropped, is he serious?

“Ba...ba...by?” Halmeoni stuttered.

Changmin nodded, “Don’t you understand how difficult it is for me to leave her.”

I snorted, but quickly buried my face into his chest, I hope she’ll just take it as a sob.

“Ba… baby?”

Changmin nodded, “I didn’t know how to tell you.”

Changmin’s hand made its way to the back of my neck, holding my head to his chest. 

“Shh…” he hushed, “I won’t let you two leave me.”

My mouth was still hanging open.

Halmeoni let out an exasperate sigh and stormed out the room, the door slamming after her. Once she was gone, I pushed Changmin away from me, my weak legs collapsing beneath me and inevitably his strong hand grasped my elbow and dragged me to the bed.

“How was that?” he grinned.

I frowned, “Baby?”

He shrugged, “How was I supposed to get you to stay? You were already prepared with that big speech of yours.”

My mouth dropped, “How can I have a baby with you when, that just then, was the closest thing we’ve come to…”

Changmin slammed his hand onto my mouth, “Shh… they don’t need to know that.”

I pulled his hand away, snorting, “You don’t think your grandmother won’t put all her doctors on me?”

Changmin rolled his eyes, “I have my ways you know.”

I snorted.

“No one will touch my wife and my child except Hyun Joong.”

I let out a gasp, “He hasn’t even graduated.”

Changmin shrugged, “You will only trust him.”

I couldn’t believe it, for a hotel heir this boy was too stupid. 

“But he’s not an obstetrician!” I exclaimed.

Changmin frowned, “Then I’ll just have to bribe somebody,” he whispered to me.

I brought my hands to my face, closing my eyes and burying myself inside my fingers, he can’t be serious. Why was he playing this stupid game for.

“Listen, Seung Ni,”

I pulled my hand away from my face slowly, Changmin’s tone had suddenly changed.

“All my life I’ve done everything I’ve been told. I’ve become what I’ve am now because they shaped every possible aspect of my life.” 

His hand latched onto mine, “I’m not ready to throw away this freedom that you give me. I won’t let you go.”

I closed my eyes, no.

“Never,” he said, with a firm nod.

I shook my head.

Changmin’s eyes were on me, a slight frown on his face, “Stop being stubborn.”

I sighed loudly, “I’m trying to be reasonable.”

Changmin sighed too, he lifted his head and stared at the white ceiling, before concluding something in his mind and turning back to look at me, “You can’t please everybody Seung Ni.”

I raised my eyes up at him, “But I can’t hurt everybody in the process to be with you.”

Changmin’s face dropped, “You’ll hurt me the most.”

As soon as the words came out my lower lip trembled uncontrollably. What were we supposed to do? 

Changmin sighed loudly and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his shoulder.

“Don’t leave me,” he whispered into my hair.