Shootin' Outback

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

 

The door to the small storage shed banged. I froze, the thugs were just outside. I turned to Halmeoni, her face was pale from fear.

“We’re going to keep them here for three days,”

I turned to her, my eyes wide, “Three days?” I mouthed.

Her body shook, but she didn’t say anything.

I exhaled trying to listen in.

“What has the boss say?”

“Three days and then they have a day to return the goods and pay the ransom as well.”

I turned to Halmeoni shocked, “Is that all they wanted?” I gasped, “All they wanted were the diamonds back?”

She nodded, “And the wedding,”

Oh yeah, that’s right, there was that issue about the wedding too.

I sighed, “So where are they?”

Halmeoni sighed, “Sold!”

My jaw dropped, “Are you serious?” I hissed, “You sold the diamonds. You are one greedy old-”

She glared at me threateningly.

I drew in some breath, “Can you get them back?”

She shook her head, “I don’t think I can.”

I leant back, this was helpless, we’re going to die. The greedy old woman sold them.

“All this for Yeon Hee?”

She nodded.

“Would you have done this if it were Changmin?”

She nodded again.

I sighed loudly, god I hated the rich. I looked around the shed, there was only one way to escape and that was out the door, that I assumed was heavily guarded.

I winced in dismay, we were never going to get out.

“Did they state this in the contract?” I questioned out of curiosity.

She jumped, “Of course not,” she spat.

I scoffed, she’d probably sign it anyway, all in the name of saving face.

“What are you scoffing about? You were the one who got us in this situation.”

My mouth dropped, “How… me…” I couldn’t believe it, was she delirious. 

“If you didn’t lie and tell me that you were pregnant, Changmin would be walking down the isle with Yeon Hee and I would never be sitting here.”

My mouth was still hanging open. I can’t believe she had the nerve to say that. 

“What?” I spat back, “Me? I put you here?” I scoffed, “You were the greedy person who was lured by cheap diamonds.”

Her upper lip jerked, “You were the idiot who separated Changmin and Yeon Hee.”

“She left him!” I hollered back.

She rolled her eyes, “He would have fallen for her again if it weren’t for you.”

I gasped, she was so conceited, “It’s all your fault we’re here. If you didn’t drag me out for a stupid hanbok this morning, then I wouldn’t even be sitting here on this dirty ground, with my hands tied behind my back and an old conceited, greedy, yapping woman next to me.”

dropped, “What did you say?”

I nodded, “Yes,” I said calmly, raising my chin, “I did go there.”

“Ommo, ommo,” she gasped, “I can’t believe he left Yeon Hee for you.”

My upper lip jerked, “And I can’t believe he was about to marry her because of you!”

She growled, “You stupid little-”

The door to the storage shed opened. Halmeoni and I jumped in unison turning towards the door. It was flooding the dark room with light and stinging my eyes.

“Would you two shut up!” the man growled. I could feel the ground shake as he approached us.

“You have been screaming at each other for half an hour now.”

I turned my face away from her, “She started it!” I dared.

The man brought his face down close to me, “What did you say?”

I shook my head.

“Do you hate her that much?”

“Yes,” I muttered to myself. 

Unfortunately he heard, bent down, grabbed my upper arm and dragged me to my feet.

“You said yes didn’t you?”

I shook my head.

“Well it’s your lucky day,”

I turned my eyes up towards him confused, “What?”

“Hit her!” he jerked his chin at Halmeoni.

My jaw dropped, “Wh… wh… what?” I stuttered.

He tilted his head again, “You heard me.”

I frowned, “But… but…”

He sighed, “Just do it, you said you hated her.”

My lower lip began to tremble, “Why don’t you do it?”

He rolled his eyes, “How can I watch if I do it?”

My eyes wandered, “Why don’t you get your men to do it?”

“You mean him?” his head jerked towards the door.

I nodded.

“Who’s going to keep lookout if he does it.”

I froze, there were only two of them? 

I turned to him, a smile on my face, “I do it?” I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, “Who else.”

I grinned. I turned to Halmeoni, she looked furious. I turned up to the man again, “How can I hit her if my hands are tied?”

He looked down at me and growled. But then he tugged at my rope and it came off my wrist. 

I smiled, “Thank you, but I can’t walk to her,” I winked.

He nodded, “You’re right.” 

I smiled at him, as he bent over, grabbing the rope around my ankles with his hands. As soon as the rope loosened, I placed my hand on his shoulder and raise my knee to his face.

He toppled over in pain, groaning loudly. Quickly I bent over took the gun from within his belt and clicked the safety switch off.

“What the hell?” the other man growled.

I pointed the gun at him, “On your knees!” I growled.

He rolled his eyes and took a step towards me.

I pointed the gun down, pulled the trigger, and the man below my feet groaned louder.

I jerked my head at him, “I’m serious, on your knees!”

The other man dropped to his knees immediately.

I walked over to him, grabbed his gun, threw it out the shed, and picked up my ropes. 

I smirked, “Your turn,” I pushed the gun at his temples, “Tie his legs.”

He glared up at me.

I brought my elbow down onto his face, “His legs!”

With his nose bleeding, he wrapped the rope around his companions ankles, “Tighter!” I hollered. He finished off the knot.

“Hands!”

He immediately obliged. 

I scoffed, “Now untie her!”

He glared at me again. I sighed, pointed the gun down at his friend and pulled the trigger again. His companion now was wincing.

I jerked my head at Halmeoni, “Go on.” With the gun against his temple, he released Halmeoni and she scrambled behind me.

I grinned, “I told you I passed my physical exam.”

She shivered.

“Tie him up,” I said to her, jerking my head towards the thug at my feet.

Her eyes widened.

“Oh come on Halmeoni, I’m doing all the work here.”

Halmeoni wrapped the ropes around the thug.

“How could you just shoot him like that?” she hissed, her voice wavering as she moved onto his legs.

I rolled my eyes, “It was only a skin graze,” 

She glared at me. 

I sighed, “Hold it,” I demanded, placing the heavy gun in her hands. I crept towards the man, bent over him and jerked up the hem of his pants, “See!” I pointed, “Skin grazes.”

Halmeoni crept over, “How… how…”

I smirked, “My dad always took me out shooting out back. I haven’t missed since the day I turned sixteen.”

Halmeoni’s jaw dropped. Okay, maybe that wasn’t as impressive as it sounded in my head.

“Can we get out of here now?” she said, her voice shaking.

I nodded, pulling my face closer to the thug, “Any more of you out there?”

He growled at me.

I rolled my eyes, “I guess not.”

He growled again, spitting at my feet. 

I flinched, “How dare you!” I growled, wiping my bare feet on his jeans.

He spat again, but this time I dodged it.

I shook my head, “Hit him!” I said to Halmeoni.

She jumped, “What?”

I snorted, “He wanted me to hit you, now you can take your revenge.”

Halmeoni glared at me.

I pouted, “Fine.” I sighed, “You’re no fun.”

I pushed Halmeoni out the shed and pulled the door closed behind me.

“Now, you keep close, I don’t know if he was lying." I said, bending over to pick up the other gun, "There could be more out there.”