Tiffany & Co.

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

 

I opened the door into the mansion, walking as fast as I could. Seung Ni would be angry. I had promised her that I would be there today to ridicule the dress.

“Seung Ni!” I called up the stairs, “I’ve got cake!”

She came running out of her room immediately, a smile on her face, “Do you?” 

I nodded, she came down and took it from my hand. I followed her up the stairs and into her room.

“How’d it go today?”

She grinned, “Great!” 

Already she was cracking open the plastic container. 

I frowned, “I was expecting you to be whinging.”

“Oh, I’ve already done that,” she turned to me with a frown, “Lucky you, Hyun Joong took all the bashing.”

I laughed, “Then I must call him to thank him immediately.”

She nodded, “Yes, without him… I think I would’ve died.” She took a bite of the cake.

“Do you want a fork?”

She shook her head.

“So which dress did you decide on?”

Seung Ni grinned, “Despite the fact that I’m wearing a dress because I’m marrying you…”

I nodded, “Go on,”

“The dresses are AMAZING!” she sighed.

I grinned, “I’m glad you liked them. Which one did you choose?”

She smiled, sat on her bed and patted a spot for me. I sat down beside her, took the cake from her hand and took a bite.

“The Valentino one.”

I swallowed the cake slowly, “Really?”

She nodded, “Yup, it’s gorgeous.”

My eyes narrowed, “I really thought that you would’ve chosen the Dior one.”

She looked up at me an apologetic face on, “Ha…” she sighed.

I frowned, “What is it?”

“The Dior one is perfect!” she sighed, laying onto the bed and looking up at the ceiling.

I turned around, leaning on an arm to look at her, “But?”

She thinned her lips, “But… I was hoping that I could use that dress for my real wedding.”

My heart dropped, “Oh.”

She nodded, “I’m sorry.”

I shook my head, “No!” I said, sitting up right again. “This is a fake wedding. You should use a fake dress.”

She nodded, “Thank you!” she smiled, sitting up right.

I smirked, “I hope I’d be invited to this real wedding of yours.”

She nodded, “Definitely, you found my perfect dress for me.”

I laughed, “Now to find the perfect man.”

She shook her head, “No, you don’t have to. I’m sure I’ll see him in a year.”

She smiled off in the distance which made me concerned. 

I thought nothing of it and stood up off the bed, “Okay then, have a good night.”

She nodded, “You too, thanks for the cake.”

 

“I have another meeting today,” I sighed, as I picked up the already prepared coffee.

Seung Ni’s upper lip jerked to indicate her dissatisfaction. 

I bit my lip, “I’m sorry.”

“But you promised,” she whined.

I shrugged, ignoring her and attaching my cufflinks on.

She scuttled towards me, today she was wearing grey shorts tied at her waist, a blue shirt tucked into her shorts and lace stockings.

“But I’ve put on the correct shoes.”

I looked down at her satin blue wedges, an eyebrow raising.

“Hey,” she grumbled, “They’re easier to walk in.”

I laughed, “Of course they are,”

She frowned, placing a hand on her hips.

I sighed, “Look, I can’t promise anything, but I’ll try to make it.”

She grinned, “You better.” she picked up her keys and left.

I followed out after her, and took the same route to work, this time not detouring anywhere else. 

 

At 1pm I left the office, took my cufflinks off and dropped them into my leather case. I rolled up my sleeves, threw my blazer on and left the office.

“Yah! Changmin!”

I turned around a smile on my face, “Hyung!”

Jaejoong stood at the front entrance of the hotel grinning, he dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out a Tiffany’s box.

“Are you proposing to me?” I laughed, “I’m already taken.”

Jaejoong gave me a quick slap, “No, what do you think about this? Does it say ‘I’m sorry, I can’t make it’?” He opened the box to reveal a bracelet with a circle pendant in the new Tiffany’s classic collection. 

http://www.tiffanymall.us/product_images/18138/0/0.jpg

I smiled, “Flashy…”

Jaejoong grinned, “Thank goodness. It’s not mine. Remember how you asked me to go to the dress fitting?”

I nodded, “You did go right?”

Jaejoong shook his head, “No, I had to go see my mother. But I gave Hyun Joong a call, he went and met Seung Ni.”

I relaxed. At least there was someone there for her.

“Well,” Jaejoong continued, “Since I asked a huge favor of him, he had asked me to go get this for him. Apparently its for someone special.”

I nodded, “So that’s how you woo girls.”

Jaejoong smirked, “Naturally. Hey, where are you off to?”

I looked at my watch, “Lunch and then to this charity event thing that Seung Ni had asked me to come to.”

Jaejoong scratched his head, “Doesn’t that girl work?”

I smirked, “Yeah, I’m paying her for running off to these charity, volunteer events thing.”

Jaejoong shook his head, “Well I’m going to go see Hyun Joong now.”

I bade him my goodbyes and left for lunch. 45 minutes until I have to see Seung Ni. I had plenty time.

 

“Yah!” she said angrily, “You’re late!” she folded her hands in front of her chest, a sour face on.

I shifted my lips to the side, “Yikes!”

She smiled, “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood.”

I brought a hand to my brow, feigning relief, “So what is it we are doing today?”

She pointed to a table filled with sandwich fillings.

I raised a brow.

She sighed, “These kids, they’re all ill. They’re going camping tonight, we’re volunteering.”

I nodded, “I got the volunteering part.”

She smiled and went behind the table, “We’ve got to pack sandwiches for them first, before we leave.”

I frowned, “We leave?”

She nodded, “Of course, what part of camping did you not understand?”

I sighed, “You didn’t say WE were going camping.”

She shrugged, and started slicing tomatoes.

“I didn’t pack anything.”

“I did!” she grinned, pointing to my Burberry overnight bag. I laughed, “Thank you.” And that was when I noticed the shinny bracelet on her hand.

I grinned, “You had the time to go shopping today?” I said slyly, grabbing her wrist.

She shook her head, “No… it’s a gift.”

I picked up her wrist and examined it, it looked like the Tiffany’s bracelet Jaejoong showed me.

“Why’d you get a gift?”

“Because I’m special. YAH, start buttering the bread.”

I picked up the bread and butter, “Special huh?”

She nodded, “It’s from a friend. You’re only my fake husband. Nothing to be jealous about.”

I frowned, “I’m not jealous!”

“Good!”

I continued buttering the bread in silence. After we had made the sandwiches, put them on plates and put the plates in boxes, it was time to leave for the campsite. Seung Ni sang to the kids the whole way on the bus, occasionally making me join in. When we got there, the kids ran off and played on the play ground whilst all the volunteers built their tents.

“Have you done this before?” Seung Ni grinned.

I was holding up two poles, it couldn’t be that obvious that I was clueless right?

I frowned, “Of course.”

She nodded, “Good. There are five there,” she pointed to a pile, “And I’ll do these ones.” she crawled over to the other pile and promptly got the tents upright. I inhaled deeply, picked up the two poles again and followed my instincts.

“Changmin,”

I turned around, Seung Ni was behind me, an eyebrow raised, hand on her hips.

“You could have asked. I would have helped you.”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t need your help.”

She shook her head and bent down beside me, “If I needed help, you would’ve help me. I’m willing to do the same.” 

She took the poles from my hand and uprighted a tent.

“Now take those poles, I’ll go through it step by step.”

An hour later, I had managed to upright three tents by myself. I was extremely proud of myself, especially since I’m still wearing my business suit.