Plan Killer

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

 

“I thought you were taking me shopping,” I whinged, as Changmin took my hand and dragged me to the front door.

He smirked, “Don’t you miss the guys?”

I snorted, “As if.”

He grinned, as the door opened and we entered in together. 

“You’re here!” Jaejoong cried, running to us and picking me up into a huge hug.

“Jaejoong,” I whined, slapping him on his upper arm, “Put me down… I’m still sore.”

Jaejoong immediately dropped me to the ground, “Mianhae,”

I grinned, “Where’s my drink?” I slapped him on the arm.

Jaejoong turned to Changmin who had the deadliest glare on his face.

I pouted, “Oh come on,” I groaned.

“The doctor said ‘no’.”

My lip jerked, “There’s no doc-”

“I said ‘no’,” Hyun Joong said his voice stern.

I pouted, “You guys ganged up on me,”

Xiah laughed, joining us at the front entrance of the pad. 

I did a double take, “Woah,” I gasped, “You’re all here.”

Jaejoong nodded, “You only come to my place for three things, get drunk, party or plan the most awesome plan in the world.”

I laughed, “Most awesome plan?” I raised a brow at Changmin, “What plan?”

Changmin grabbed my elbow and walked me to Jaejoong’s office, which to my surprise was bigger than three of my rooms put together.

“What’s going on here?” I growled, as he pushed me into the sofa and the guys piled around.

Jaejoong went and drew the curtain closed, pitching us in darkness. I snorted with laughter, but quickly shut my mouth when Yoochun shot me a glare. Okay, what was going on here? Jaejoong rejoined us on the couch and the guys pulled their heads together. I stood frozen in my seat stunned, was this a joke they were playing on me.

“So what happened when she called you into the office?” Yunho asked.

I turned my head from side to side, they knew that Halmeoni called Changmin in to talk to her. My mouth shifted slightly, how’d they know that?

“She told me not to marry Seung Ni.”

“WHAT?” I gasped, sitting up straight, “That ungrateful old wo-”

Hyun Joong nudged me, “Shhh…” he hushed, his eyebrows slightly narrowed.

I shut my mouth.

“Does she know you know?” Yoochun raised a brow.

I turned to look at Changmin’s expression, know about what?

“No, I didn’t tell her.”

“What did you tell her then?” Xiah asked, he looked like he was going to fall off his seat.

“I told her, that Seung Ni told me it was a misunderstanding about our family taking diamonds.”

My mouth dropped, he didn’t tell her that he knew about that. My eyes widened in fear, what was happening now?

“Did you mention Yeon Hee’s family?”

Changmin shook his head, “Nothing, she knows nothing. She’s already assumed that Seung Ni hid everything from me.”

My mouth dropped, “And she still wouldn’t let me marry you?” I turned to Changmin in disbelief. He smirked. 

I pouted and sank back into the chair again. Fine. 

“So what’s this plan that Jaejoong was boasting about?” Yunho smirked, leaning back against the soft cushions of the couch.

“I wasn’t boasting!” Jaejoong defended himself as all our heads turned to him. I smirked, I couldn’t even hold it. Jaejoong shook his head, obviously annoyed but stood up and pulled out a whiteboard.

“This here is my plan,” he flipped the board over, revealing a web of names and pictures. I tilted my head trying to comprehend all the scrawls on the board. 

“So it starts off with you Changmin,” Jaejoong nodded his head in Changmin’s direction, “You dated Yeon Hee.” Jaejoong pointed his marker at the arrow from Changmin’s picture to Yeon Hee’s picture. We nodded.

“She left you and flew back to her family,” again, he pointed at the arrow that connected Yeon Hee’s picture with the map of Australia.

I giggled.

“Somewhere along the line, your grandmother decides to buy diamonds off some thugs.” he pointed at the picture of Halmeoni and the arrow that connected her to a picture of a man wearing a balaclava. I was grinning now.

“These thugs, had stolen the diamonds from Australia, and inconveniently they were taken from Yeon Hee’s parents.” The arrow drew from the picture of the ‘thug’ to the Australian map. 

“Yeon Hee’s parents found out about your grandmother’s involvement in the trading of their diamonds and uses this information to their advantage by drawing up a contract.” He dragged an arrow from the Australian map to a picture of a piece of paper.

“This contract was your arranged marriage.”

We all nodded.

Jaejoong walked away from the board, “And because of that contract, your grand mother won’t let you marry Yeon Hee.”

“They black mailed your grandmother?” Hyun Joong, said softly, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

I nodded, “The greedy women bought black market diamonds.”

Changmin glared at me. I closed my mouth, “My bad…” I mumbled.

“Halmeoni is only scared about this contract because she doesn’t want the Shim’s reputation ruined,” Jaejoong continued. Finally he sank into the seat beside Hyun Joong. 

“And that is what we’re going to use against them.”

I frowned, “The Shim’s reputation?” I said confused.

Yoochun rolled his eyes, “No,” he sighed, “The Lee’s reputation, we do the same thing back at them and black mail them back.”

There was a short silence between all of us. My eyes widened as I finally understood the plan. We were going to defame their reputation and use it against them.

Jaejoong beamed, “I told you it is the most awesome plan in the world.”

I nodded slowly, “One thing,” I sighed, “How are we going to do this? We don’t have diamonds that they can buy from us.”

“They don’t need to buy diamonds from us, all we have to do is find something that interests them and use it against them.”

I nodded slowly, my lips in thought, “Like finding Mr Lee’s mistress!” I spurted.

Jaejoong nodded, “Exactly!”

We turned to Changmin, “Do you know anything about that? Any clues that might lead to their defamation?”

He shook his head.

We all retreated into ourselves thinking. The silence grew as we sat in our seats deep in thought.

“Anything that they would invest in?” Xiah suggested.

I turned my head towards Changmin, he was deep in thought, a frown on his face.

I frowned, as the thought ran itself through my head, “Has anyone checked up whether the diamonds were given to the black market by the Lee family.”

The guys straightened their back.

“Think about it,” I encouraged, “How easily is it for a black market gangster to approach your grandmother? It’s not like she walks around the slums in order to see them. And I’m sure they aren’t on the invite list to her exclusive parties.”

Changmin’s brow furrowed in thought.

“Was she invited to one of their parties?”

Changmin rubbed his face with his hand, “Last year… I think they flew back last year and held a party, celebrating the opening of their new store on Jeju.”

Yunho immediately opened his MacBook, his fingers running across the keyboard faster and faster.

“November, 18th, 2009, there’s a record of flight tickets under the Lee’s company,” he said, his eyes still running across the scream.

I frowned, what program was he using that got him information so fast.

Changmin nodded, “The party was held at our hotel on the 26th, I’ve still got all the transaction records in the office.”

Yoochun gasped, “And the invite list?”

Changmin nodded, “All recorded on our computers.”

“We need to go back and see if the thugs were on your grandmother’s guest list.”

I nodded, immediately getting to my feet.

“We’re going to go find them,” Jaejoong growled.

I froze, “The thugs?”

He nodded, “I’ve called T.O.P, he’s taking us through their crib in two days. There’s a party held on one of the yachts.”

I was blinking fast trying to comprehend.

“Seung Ni, you’re coming with us, I’ve heard how good you are with the gun.”

My eyes widened, “Serious?” I said, a little too excited.

“She can’t go with you!” Changmin growled.

“She’s the only one who knows what the kidnappers look like.”

Changmin’s eyebrows knitted together, “She’s not going. Find someone else,” he pulled me to his side protectively.

“Oh,” Jaejoong said sarcastically, “The only other person who can identify them is your grandmother.”

Changmin was growling underneath his breath, “I’m coming too.”

“But they’ll recognise you.”

Changmin snorted, “And they won’t recognise you? You guys are the richest bachelors in Korea.”

Jaejoong nodded, “And that’s why it’ll be easier to do business with us, we’ve got the looks, the money the alibi.”

Changmin growled, “I want to be there.”

Jaejoong groaned, bringing a hand to his forehead. He spun around on his heel. 

“Don’t worry, Jaejoong,” Yoochun smiled, “We’ll hire the best makeup artist in Seoul.”