Maybe In Australia Too

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

After I dropped Hyun Joong home, the ride back to the mansion was extremely difficult with a fuming Seung Ni beside me. As soon as I drove into the garage, Seung Ni slammed my car door and ran up the stairs without a word. What was wrong with her? I ignored her and made my way up the stairs slowly. It was going to be even more difficult to get her to sign the pre-nuptial agreements when she was angry. I sighed, dragging my feet to the guest room. The large beige box laid on my bed, the manilla file beside it. I inhaled sharply. I better tell her now, before my mother makes any calls to her.

“Seung Ni,” I called softly, knocking gently on her door. She didn’t say a word, but I proceeded into her room.

“I have something to tell you,”

She sat on her bed, rolling her eyes, “Really now?” she snapped.“After ignoring me all night?”

What? What is she angry at now?

“Pardon?” I stuttered.

She rolled her eyes again, “Whatever! What do you want?”

I inhaled deeply, coming closer to her bed. I pushed her aside, ignoring the fact that she tumbled into a mess.

“I met the lawyers yesterday.”

She sat up, giving me a push. But I didn’t move which aggravated her some more.

“What for?” she grumbled, tucking her legs under her.

I sighed, “A prenuptial agreement.”

Seung Ni’s mouth dropped, “Mother…” she sighed, she couldn’t even finish it. “Give it here.”

I passed her the manilla folder and my gold pen. Without even looking at it, she scrawled her name onto the papers. 

“I guess I’m not getting anything now,” she laughed, “What a wonderful world.”

I turned to her distress face, giving her a small smile, “Why are you so grumpy tonight?”

She rolled her eyes, “You completely ignored me tonight,” she cried, throwing her hands in the air.

My eyebrows knitted together, “When? How?”

She inhaled sharply and stood up, “At the tree planting, at the restaurant… all you did was talk to Hyun Joong.”

I frowned, did I?

“Oh my gosh, you didn’t even know.”

I bit my lip, “Well, whatever I’ve done, I’m sorry.” I gave her a pout.

She turned around, a smirk creeping on her face. She sighed and broke out into a smile. “Do you practice that?” her eyes narrowing in disgust.

I nodded. “I have something for you.”

She grinned, “Cake?”

I shook my head, “Even better.”

She leapt into the air and took a seat beside me, tapping her laps.

I grinned and placed the beige box on her lap.

Immediately her face dropped, “No…” she frowned, “I can’t take that.”

I shook my head, “No, take it… you’ve signed the nuptial agreement, you’re going to get nothing. At least take everything you can now.”

She laughed, “I should sign more prenuptial agreements then.”

I nodded laughing, “If I knew you were going to be so easy with signing it I wouldn’t have bought it.”

She frowned, “You can’t take it back now,” she pulled the box away from me. 

I laughed, “I’m not that shallow.”

She grinned, but then pushed the box back at me, “Neither am I.”

I smiled, “Well I’m glad I’m marrying you then hey? Glad to know that I’m not going to get anything stolen.” I laughed, but she didn’t.

“Take it,” I sighed, “I’ve already taken everything from you.” I stood up and walked towards the door, turning back to see her sitting on the bed a pout on her lips and the box still unopened.

I smirked, “Go on, it’ll make my mother happy.”

 

I ran down the stairs, tugging a green tie up around my neck, I could hear clinking from the kitchen. What was going on? 

“Your coffee is on the table,” she said, not turning around.

I sat myself onto the stool and picked up the mug, “What are you doing?”

She turned around obviously distress, “I burnt two batches of pancakes,” she pouted. She was wearing a white apron, over her green long sleeve top. On her shoulders were gold chains and intricate hand sewn embellishments. She tucked her top into a pair of slim leg grey pants and had the highest pair of emerald green heels on.

She caught me staring, “Louboutins,” she sighed, “2007 sale.”

I shook my head, “No, it’s not that, I like your top.”

That made her grin, “Really? I hand sew these on myself, took me four whole hours.” She had a fork in her hand as she pointed at her shoulders.

I laughed, “You’re taking this power shoulder trend seriously aren’t you?”

She nodded, “Of course, it makes me feel powerful!”

She placed a plate in front of me, “Toast…” she shifted her lips, “It’s the only thing I haven’t burnt yet.”

I raised a brow, “Dedication?”

She shook her head, “Nope, not today.”

“No poached eggs?” I whined.

She laughed, “Nope.”

I picked up the toast and brought it to my mouth, “You’re in a good mood today, that would help for your dress fitting this afternoon.”

Her face turned sour, “What?” she snapped, taking the plate away from me.

I frowned, “You knew about it right?” I pulled the plate back, but she wouldn’t let go.

“In two days!” she snapped, “Dress fitting in two days.” she raised up two fingers.

I nodded, taking the opportunity to snatch back my breakfast. “Yes, day one was the day she told us, day two was yesterday…”

dropped, “Oh!” she gasped.

I frowned.

She threw the plate into the sink and ran out the kitchen. I could hear her heels clomping up the stairs, then a slam of the door and then silence. Taking my last gulp of coffee I decided to follow her. I ascended the stairs slowly, trying to hear any movement.

“Seung Ni?” I asked as I got to her room.

“Go away!” she moaned.

A smile crept on my lips, I pushed my way into her room. She was in bed, tucked in the blankets, the Louboutins thrown at the foot of her bed.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused, as I crept to her bed.

She pulled the covers above her head, “I’m sick…” she fake coughed.

I grinned, “Serious?” I laughed.

She pulled the blanket down, a frown on her face, “YES!” she growled.

I bought a hand up to my mouth to stop laughing, “Okay,” I nodded, pulling my phone out of my blazer jacket. “I’ll call the doctor for you.”

She laid there as I brought the phone to my ear.

“Yeobeosaeyo?” I turned away from her.

“My fiance she’s sick, yes… all of a sudden… you think it’s a virus? An injection? Can’t go out for a week?”

“STOP!”

I turned around, concern on my face, “What’s wrong yeobeo?”

She glared at me, “I’m fine… I don’t need an injection…” she sulked.

“There’s been a mistake,” I said into my phone, my eyes still on her sullen face. I hang up a smirk on my face. “What now?”

She sniggered.

“Get up!” I laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her up.

“Changmin,” she whined, “Dress fitting! It’s a dress fitting… can’t they just chuck the dress on, on the day and get it over with?”

Changmin nodded, “But…”

She looked at me still frowning.

“But it will be splashed all over the magazines. Jang Seung Ni fashionable shopaholic, in an UGLY wedding dress.”

dropped.

“It’ll be featured in Vogue too. America and Korea, maybe Australia too.”

“Oh!” she gasped, scrambling to her feet.

I hid my smile.

“Okay,” she sighed, picking up her heels and putting them on her feet, “Promise you’ll be there to laugh at all the dresses!”

I nodded, “I’ll try my best.”