Starlight, Star Bright

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

 

I sat on the log waiting for Changmin to come out of the make shift shower, “Hurry up!” I whinged, picking up a stick to draw in the sand.

Changmin came out wearing tracksuit pants and a t-shirt.

“More comfortable now?” I asked, looking up at him.

He nodded, “Very.”

“The kids are eating now, do you want to me to make you something?”

He sat down on the log beside me, “How many times have you done this?”

I scratched my head in thought, “Ever since I was seventeen.”

He nodded, “This is very generous of you,”

I smiled.

“Take me next year, even if we’re not married.”

I was too busy looking at the ground, to even notice that he was staring at me.

“Come!” I exclaimed, tugging on his arm, “I’ll show you how to make damper.”

“It’s simple really, flour, salt, water and a whole lot of kneading.”

Changmin grinned, “You have flour on you,”

I frowned, wiping at my face. He reached out to stop my flailing arm and dusted off my cheek.

“Thanks,” I grinned, “Now that I’ve mixed it, your kneading.” I threw the lump of dough at him. Changmin got his hands into it immediately.

“Faster!” I cheered, “Thump, thump! Keep going.”

He kept looking up at me with a grin, I was really proud that this arrogant heir has agreed to make damper for the kids.

“Hey, what do you eat this with?”

I grinned, “Kangeroo meat!”

Changmin immediately stopped, “Where’d you come from?”

“Australia!” I said in my most Australian accent.

Changmin smirked, “This Australian specie is called Jang Seung Ni,” he said in his most TV host voice, “she is usually found in any Burberry stores, but sometimes in the Louboutins stores too. She could be found in kitchen’s attempting to cook, endangering her life and others. ”

I couldn’t hold in my laughter. 

“When did you come to Korea?”

“Six years ago.”

Changmin nodded, “I see, but we don’t have Kangeroo meat, so what do we eat damper with?”

I smiled, “With jam and cream.”

“Like scones?”

“Exactly like scones.”

Changmin eyes crinkled when he smiled. I noticed that one eyes was often smaller than the other.

“Um… Seung Ni?”

I turned around, it was Jessica, she has always been camp co-ordinator since I’d first join.

“We’ve got a problem…”

I frowned.

“We are short on tents. I know that you guys aren’t married yet. But do you mind?”

My eyes widened, is she serious?

“No!”

I turned around, giving Changmin a deadly glare. 

“Do you know what you’re saying?” I mouthed.

Jessica grinned, “Great! I’ll leave you to the dampers.”

I inhaled deeply, “Good one,” I sighed.

Changmin shrugged, “You can sleep in the tent, I’ll just sleep outside.”

“No!” I gasped.

He shrugged, “It’s okay.”

 

That night, keeping to his word, Changmin pulled out a blanket and left me in the tent alone. It was getting breezy, and although I told myself I didn’t care about him. I did. I got up, dragged the blanket with me and dug my feet into my converses and went in search for him. I found him leaning against a tree, wide awake. A smile crept on my face as I crept towards him.

“Hey,” I said softly.

He looked up at me.

“Scoot over.”

Changmin moved a little bit over to let me slip in beside him. I wrapped my blanket over his and we sat under the tree together.

“It’s been so long since I’ve seen the stars,” he said.

I grinned.

“It’s beautiful.”

I looked up agreeing, “It’s ‘cause I’m here!”

Changmin laughed, “Yeah, of course,” he said sarcastically.

My nose turned cold soon and I could feel my snot running out. I sniffed hard.

“You okay?”

I nodded, “‘Course!”

Changmin looked at me sincerely. I widened my eyes, what the heck does he want. He lifted up his arm and wrapped it around me, dragging me into his chest.

“This seals the deal, that you’ll take me here next year okay.”

I laughed, “I borrow some warmth from you, and I have to take you camping again?”

Changmin nodded, “You’re not so dumb after all.”

“Hey!” I snapped, pushing away from him. 

He tightened his grasp around me, “Stop being stubborn.”