A Silver Wishing Tree

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I woke up, my head pounding again. I haven’t been drinking since freshman year at university. All of a sudden it seems like I’ve been drinking all week. I stretched out on my bed, before hitting my wrist against something. More like someone. Oh no, what have I done now. I immediately turned over on my side to see him sleeping next to me. Instincts took over and before I knew it he landed on the carpet with a thud.
“WHAT THE FU...!”

I cringed.

Changmin got on his knees, his eyes piercing.

I bit my lip, “You scared me.”

Changmin snorted, “And you couldn’t be normal and scream?”

I looked down at my lap, “I’m sorry.”

He shook his head, “Sorry?”

I looked up, to see the crimson line forming down on his upper lip.

“You’re bleeding!” I gasped. Scrambling to his side of the bed. I grabbed a handful of tissues and pulled his head onto my lap where I pressed the tissue against it.

Changmin pushed against me, but I kept his head firm.

“Stop moving!”

“What do you care?”

“It was my fault, just let me help you stop bleeding.”

Changmin went limp, allowing me to wipe him clean.

“You sure have a mean punch,” he said softly, his head still in my lap.

I raised a brow, “What the heck were you doing in my bed?”

Changmin’s brows knitted together, “You mean my bed?”

I rolled my eyes, “Why weren’t you in the guest room?”

Changmin’s lips pouted, I could feel his lip brush against my wrist. I pulled away from him.

“I don’t know,” he said.

“Huh,” I sighed, “You’ve stop bleeding.”

Changmin nodded and got to his feet.

“NOW GET OUT!”

 

Half an hour later I had dressed into a purple pencil skirt and a lace power shoulder top I also have wrapped my new Burberry spring collection trench around my body. I secured it with a belt and threw on a nice chained necklace. I pulled on a pair of stockings and dug my feet into a pair of cream heels. I climbed down the stairs and into the kitchen where I knew Changmin would be.

He brought the coffee mug away from his lip and smiled, “Looks good on you,” he grinned sarcastically, “All 6500 dollars worth of it.”

I beamed and did a curtsy, “I deserve it. Who knows when it will be the next time for me to find you kissing a girl and score myself another piece of designer fashion.”

Changmin snorted, “Ready for work?”

I inhaled, “Ready to be my husband?”

Changmin smirked, “If you’re going to continue to be like this, I’ll change my mind…”

“No!” I cringed, “I want to graduate.”

Changmin laughed, picked up his car keys and leather folder and nodded, “Let’s go.”

 

Same routine, Changmin threw his car keys at the valet parker and I followed him up the lift and into his office. This time however, there was a girl dressed in a Prada suit, holding a leather file and a Prada bag standing in the waiting room.

“Mr Shim!” she greeted with a smile, “And you must be his fiance Seung Ni.”

I sniggered, she didn’t even call me Miss Jang.

Changmin pushed the door to his office and entered with her following behind him. My heart leapt, maybe if I leave, he’ll kiss her again and I could ask for the Sass and Bide white blazer that I’ve always wanted.

Changmin seemed to have read my mind or something because he promptly said, “Sorry, we’ve haven’t met, but please take a seat.”

My upper lip jerked into distaste as I found myself a comfortable seat on the couch and proceeded to read the latest issue of Vogue. I would always have a fashion magazine secretly stashed in my designer handbag.

The girl shook his hand, “My name is Yoo Na, and I’m your wedding planner.”

I dropped my magazine with a thud on the glass table.

Changmin inhaled loudly, giving me a glare, “I’m assuming my mother called you.”

She nodded.

Suddenly, I was no longer interested in my magazine. 

“What do you have planned?”

She smiled, and opened her file, taking out some papers and placing them on Changmin’s mahogany desk.

“I was thinking, a big reception, held in your hotel of course.”

I cringed.

“No!” Changmin and I said in unison.

Yoo Na looked at us aghast.

“No?” she questioned.

I looked at Changmin, he was looking at me.

“We were hoping for something demure,” he said softly.

I nodded, “Quiet!” I added, “Something small…”

Changmin nodded, “Nothing the media will get to.”

Yoo Na shook her head, “I’m sorry, your mother has made it clear that this is going to be the biggest wedding in Seoul, and she wants it big I tell you.”

I bought a hand up to my face, this couldn’t be happening.

“She wants a fairy tale wedding, she wants a silver wishing tree, we are going to bring in a silver painted tree, it’s going to be situated in the middle of the reception. There will be crystals hanging from it, crystal leaves, crystal fruits, ectera.”

I groaned, it was happening.

“She wants white swans, bridges, have you seen ‘ and the City Two’ she took most of the inspiration from that.”

Changmin was angry now, “If you’ve discussed everything with my mother, what’s the point of being here?”

Yoo Na looked at him in shock, “I’m sorry,” she apologized. “I guess I just wanted to know if you wanted to add anything more in. But it looks like you don’t.”

Changmin nodded and stood up, “Exactly,”

Yoo Na stood up too, and shook his hand, “Well it was nice to meet the both of you. There isn’t much I can discuss, however,” she turned to me, “You’re dress fitting is in two days.”

I gagged.