High Prices

Incomplete Marriage

 

 

“Seung Ni,” Hyun Joong whispered into my ear, his hand around my shoulder.

I broke away from my conversation with one of the guests on the boat and turned to him.

“Yes?” I smiled, my eyebrows moving upwards.

“We’ve found someone who deals Australian diamonds.”

My eyes widened, “Serious?” I gasped, bringing up my clutch to my mouth in excitement.

Hyun Joong smiled apologetically to the man and lead me away.

“Changmin’s talking to him now,” he smiled, steering me through the crowd by the shoulders.

I grinned, “Any information?” I whispered from behind my clutch.

Hyun Joong smiled, his eyes sparkling as he leant into my ear, “I think I recognize a man from Halmeoni’s party.”

My eyes widened in fear, “Did he recognise you?” I hissed.

Hyun Joong shook his head, he looked up at the group in front of us and grinned, “Here’s the lovely lady,” he mused as he pushed me into Changmin’s arms.

I grinned, “Nice to meet you,” I said sweetly, giving the man my hand.

“So I heard that you are looking for some diamonds.”

Changmin nodded and I smiled up at him.

“Only from Australia though,” I smiled.

“Why so precise?” the man replied, bringing up his glass of cognac to his lips.

I turned to Changmin.

“Because she deserves the best, and we’re building up our collection of diamonds from around the world.”

I nodded, “It’s too easy to walk into a store and buy them, and plus, we’re looking for the best offers only.”

“In particular place in Australia?”

I turned to Changmin.

Changmin grinned, “What do you have in mind?” he said, choosing his words carefully.

My heart started beating faster, oh god, the man knows, he knows we’re frauds. Ommo, his going to point a gun at us any minute.

“How about the mines in Western Australia?”
I gulped, not Western Australia you dumb-

“We’re not interested in the uranium mines,” Hyun Joong said calmly, “It’s too difficult to get trade from there, we were thinking about something more private,”

The man narrows his eyes, but he didn’t say anything.

“From the tropical region perhaps,” Hyun Joong finished off.

My heart was still racing, the man brought his glass to his lips and drained its contents, slamming the glass onto the table.

I jumped, but Changmin held onto me firmly, hiding my slightest moves.
“Why are you getting so angry?” I familiar raspy voice sneered. 

T.O.P made his way to us a snarl on his face. Jaejoong beside him, his eyes piercing.

“I was just talking to your boss,” T.O.P said calmly, taking a glass of dark alcohol from the centre table, “Should I mention that you’ve been rude to my guests?”
I gulped, god, that guy wasn’t even the head and already I was scared of him. I couldn’t even imagine what their boss would be like. I stared at T.O.P’s serene face, yet he exuded an aura I feared.

“Mianhae!” the man bowed.

I thinned my lips, “Let’s make it clear,” I said, my eyes narrowing, “Are you able to get me diamonds from Queensland?”

The man gulped.

T.O.P sighed, “Weren’t you the one delivering diamonds from Queensland?” he roared.

The man jumped, “Yes, but that was a strict one off.”

“Where’d you get the diamonds?” Jaejoong snarled.

He shook his head, “I can’t tell you.”

Changmin drew his hand from my waist, dipped his fingers into his pocket and pulled out a roll of cash. I bit my lip, trying to prevent myself from gawking.

“Here’s 100k, give me the name.”

I clenched my fist, watching the money land onto the table. My insides wanted to scream no, but that was an extremely high price to pay, just so that I could marry him. I gulped, my eyes on Changmin, he didn’t even seem to care that he had just wasted $100 000 just to buy the Lee’s name.

The man looked up, his eyes lingered only for a few seconds on our faces, slowly he reached for the money and pocketed it, “We’ve only done a one off with diamonds from Queensland.”

Changmin’s lips tightened.

“We received them last year from a man, they called him Mr Lee. We were under strict instructions to have the sold at the Shim’s hotel party.”

T.O.P scoffed, “You can go now.”

The man immediately stood up, his chair scooting across the ground as he scurried towards the door, he opened it and in the corner of my eye I saw T.O.P’s face change, the man quickly closed it and scurried back in.

“They’re going to kill me!” he whimpered.

T.O.P’s jaw clenched together, he grabbed the man’s upper arm, “Run!” he roared.

We immediately our heels, running towards the door on the other side of the room. Changmin grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him, as the guys broke off, scurrying up the stairs and turning at all different corners.

“What did he see?” I panicked, trying to keep up with Changmin’s pace but the heels were making it difficult.

“The real boss,” he scoffed.

My face turned from panic to fear, “Oh no,” I groaned, slowing down.

Changmin tugged on my hand, “Hey, we’re trying to run here, no time for you to stand there and sulk.”

“Get them!” someone called out

I gasped, and broke back into a run.

“This way,” Changmin grabbed my shoulders he yanked open a door and pushed me in. He closed the door behind him, it was a small storage room and I was pressed up against his chest. He was grinning down at me. I growled.

“Take your heels off, we’re going for a swim.”

I froze, “No way,” I hissed back.

He chuckled, “And how do you expect to get out of here?”

I looked around at the small room, maybe I do have to swim, but not in this beautiful dress.

“I can buy you another one,”

I looked up, startled, how did he know what I was thinking? Changmin was smirking down at me, he put his hand on my thigh, which caused me to leap in the air. He can’t possibly want to do that right now? Right? We’re nearly going to get killed and he wants to- I froze. His fingers laced around the fabric of the dress pushing it higher up. I pulled my hand out ready to slap him when suddenly I hear a loud TEAR. The breeze hit my thighs.

“Much easier,” he grinned.

I froze, I had no idea what was going on, but then my eyes landed on the silk strip in Changmin’s hand and I was filled with anger again, god that was Dolce and Gabanna.

“What?” he frowned. 

My heart leapt from my chest.

He looked down at me, “We need protection?” he pouted.

My mouth dropped, no, he can’t be talking about that right? My eyes scanned the small room, Changmin had his back pressed against the door. I couldn’t even run. I looked up at him again, this time fearful. Changmin’s eyes narrowed in thought, suddenly he shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out a square packet.

“Lucky I brought this…” he put the packet before me a sly grin on his face.

My body went stiff. What the hell is that? Why, out of all places, is he pulling that out now?

“Can you open it please,” he said, slamming the square plastic packet into my hand. 

I pouted, my fingers played with the edges of the packet.

Changmin had turned back to his pants, his hands slapping around his thighs. I frowned looking up at him, suddenly something hard pressed against my thigh. Now I really wanted to vomit.

“Got it!” Changmin cheered. He quickly put his hands into his pants.

Suddenly he lifted his hand up a grin on his face, “Found it,” he puffed. 

I glared at him. He waved the long mp3 recording device in front of me.

“Have you opened it yet?” he said, oblivious to my glares.

Immediately I teared the package open and pulled out the .

“Can’t get the evidence wet can I?” he grinned, as he pushed the device into the and tied a knot at the end. Changmin tucked the device back into his pocket and took a deep breath. “Ready?” he smiled at me.

I shielded my face, the embarrassment I couldn’t believe that I thought he was- urgh… I groaned, oh well, time to get on with it.

“Yeah sure,” I sighed, “But I better get another dress!”

Changmin snorted, grabbed my hand and pushed the door open. We climbed over the edge of the boat and without looking back we leapt into the cold water.