Blessings

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

The plane hit the tarmac and I felt a jolt of excitement, it was exactly 8:30am, bright and early. I was going to be able to finally catch Mr Lee before his first meetings. Yoochun had already organized an appointment with him. As soon as the plane landed we jumped into a taxi and made our way to his company building. 

The taxi pulled to a stop in front of the shiny building. I took a deep breath, running my hand down my blazer. This was going to be profession and end all the blackmails. I turned to Yoochun, boy he was quick, he had already organized a file and waved it in front of me a beam on his face. I grinned, I was definitely thankful to have a friend like him. Mr Park stumbled out of the taxi after, tugging at his suit also. If this all goes as planned than he could do whatever he wanted with his life, I’ll assure that. We entered the lobby of the building were Mr Lee’s assistant ushered us to the top floor where his office was. She knocked on the door, Seung Ni and Mr Park were going to wait for a little outside, as I entered first with Yoochun right beside me, 

“Changmin!” he gasped, raising from his chair.

I smiled politely, “Annyeong hasaeyo,” I bowed formally, Yoochun followed suit.

“When my assistant told me that I had an appointment with Mr Shim I had not expected it to be you,” he grinned, opening up a palm for me to sit.

Yoochun and I sank into the chairs.

Mr Lee grinned, “Coffee?” he raised a brow.

I politely rejected, “We’ve got some important business to discuss with you,” I said, folding my legs.

He continued smiling, “You’re back because of the contract-”

“Yes,” I cut in, “As a matter of fact I am here because of the contract.”

His eyes narrowed, “You’re not here to tell me that you’ve changed your mind have you?” 

I watched his frown turn into a sly smile.

I smiled back at him, “I’m not here for that,” I gave him a confident nod, “I’m here to ask you to change your mind.”

He frowned, intwining his fingers on top of the desk, “What are you saying?”
I smirked, “I know about the contract that you drew up with my grandmother.”

His lips tightened.

“In fact,” I continued, “I know the reason why she so willingly complied.” 

I watched him shift uncomfortably in his seat, before continuing, “And I know that you were the one who ordered the delivery.”

He frowned, leaning onto the table, “No you know the consequences of your words Changmin?” he raised a brow.

I snorted, “Mr Lee, we have all the evidence we need to reveal your indecent plan.”

His brows immediately shot down, anger washed his face.

I grinned, “You see, Seung Ni and I thought really hard about this, nothing could possibly coincide that much.”

He bit his inner lip.

“With all the hidden contracts, my grandmother’s stubbornness, their kidnap that luckily they escaped from…”

I let the pause linger so that every word can hit him, “I figured that everything can’t happen by chance, that someone had to be behind everything and not everyone is as innocent as they seem.”

He smiled, “Changmin, I have no idea what you are-”

“Mr Lee,” I cut him, clearing my throat, “The thing to this is, I have a lot of good friends,” I smiled at Yoochun, “And with the right connections it didn’t take long for me to find the gang that you hired,” my tone turned from patient to angry.

“In fact, I have a recording specifically of the man who made your drop off,”

Mr Lee snorted.

I frowned, leaning forward, “Mr Lee,” I said my throat deep, “I believe you are taking this too easily, if you want I can make this much more complicated for you.”

He frowned, “Why would I believe you?”

I grinned, scoffing, “Yoochun would you,”

Yoochun smiled, gave Mr Lee a small nod and approached the door. He turned the handle and Seung Ni and Mr Park entered.

“I’m assuming you remember Mr Park,” Yoochun said professionally.

Mr Lee growled.

I grinned, “Yoochun here, has drawn up a proper document with the evidence and it won’t take long for your arrest warrant to be released,” I leant back into the chair lazily, “Beside that, he has also drawn up another document that releases my grandmother from your bind.”

He continued frowning.

I smiled, my head shaking slightly, “It’s your choice,” I raised a brow, shrugging.

Mr Lee brought a hand to his forehead, I enjoyed watching him stress, how could he let my family go through that much pain.

“What do you want me to do?” he finally reasoned.

I grinned, “Well first, I want my grandmother’s contract with you destroyed, secondly you must sign this contract so that you can’t disclose any of this information, but I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t do that since it’s your embarrassment.”

Mr Lee’s hand clenched into a fist.

I smiled continuing, “And you have to make one simple phone call,” I winked.

He groaned as Yoochun pushed the paper towards him.

I turned around to Seung Ni who was grinning giddily beside Mr Park. I gave her a wink and she turned towards the floor bashfully. I turned back to Mr Lee, he had picked up his gold pen and gingerly held it above the paper.

“Go on,” I laughed, “You have no where to go now.”

He sighed and penned his signature onto the paper.

Yoochun took the paper back and filed it carefully. That was one document that we didn’t want to lose.

“Now it’s your turn to fulfill the last of my conditions,” I reached over pulled his phone from its base and typed in my grandmother’s phone number.

“Mrs Shim please,” I told her receptionist, “I have Mr Lee from Australia on the phone,” as she put us on hold I turned to Mr Lee a grin plastered on my face. “Now I would like you to repeat after me,” I handed him the receiver.

He sighed again before placing the receiver to his face, “Annyeong hasaeyo…” he began.

“Deh… deh…” he continued his head bobbing up and down. I rolled my eyes waiting for them to get on with it.

“I have something to finalize with you,” I began.

Mr Lee repeated after me.

I grinned, “I’ve decided to terminate the contract that I made with you,”

He continued,

I couldn’t keep the smile off my face, “And I sincerely apologize for any trouble that I may have caused to your family.”

I couldn’t imagine the surprise on my grandmothers face. 

“And I am fully aware that Yeon Hee’s and Changmin’s relationship had ended a year ago and I apologize for pushing them into a contract that may have upset your family.”

Seung Ni tapped my shoulder pointing at herself.

I frowned.

“I want a shot,” she mouthed.

I shrugged watching as she approached Mr Lee, she leant over to his ear whispering something. He flinched and looked up at her glaring. She narrowed her eyes.

He sighed, “I wish Changmin and Seung Ni my blessings for their marriage.”

She nudged him.

“She is a very smart, intelligent, young…”

“Beautiful!” she hissed.

“...beautiful young women and I truly believe that they deserve each other,” he rolled his eyes.

Yoochun snorted with laughter. Seung Ni retreated back to my side grabbing my hand and swinging it blissfully. I grinned, it was finally all over.

Mr Lee bade farewell with my grandmother and hung up the phone. We all stood up together bowed simultaneously and bid him farewell in our most formal manner.

“I thank you for your cooperation,” I smiled taking his hand, “And I hope you have a nice day.”

He kept his face frozen as we left his office. 

 

Outside the building I turned to Mr Park, “Thank you so much for helping, I understand the risk that I have placed you in for revealing your secret and I am greatly in your debt.”

I bowed at him, Seung Ni followed me. I dipped my hand into my blazer my fingers pinching the cheque that I had readily prepared, “I have $500 000 here for you and I hope that you can start a new life.”

I pushed the cheque into his hand, “I also have tickets here for your family to leave the country for a few months,” I tried my best to smile at him positively.

He bowed down in front of me, “Kamsahamnida,” he sniffed.

I grinned, “Have fun.”