Tablets

Incomplete Marriage

 

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

I stood beside Yeon Hee, her small hands picking up a handful of olives that she carefully sprinkled onto the pizza dough that Yunho had rolled out for us. We were having homemade, wood oven pizza for lunch, each of us playing a roll for the production of our food. Yunho and his strong arms was rolling out the dough manually, as Yoochun pinched the dough into small balls and threw them at Yunho to do the hard labour. Jaejoong was in charge of the saucing of the round pizza base. I kept my eye on him to make sure that he plays his roll properly and sprinkle the crushed laxatives onto the right pizza. Seung Ni and Xiah were busily fanning the wood oven, trying to get it at the right temperature for us. Yeon Hee and I were left with the toppings. I was having fun sabotaging the perfectly rolled pizza with my scrawled toppings.

“Ready!” Jaejoong cheered, handing over the pizza base that was perfectly spread with sauce. “I even left the edge un-spread, because I know how much you love the crust,” he winked at Yeon Hee.

She turned to me, her eyes bright as she took the base from Jaejoong and placed it in front of her. 

“Onions?” I grinned, I already had picked up the handful. She nodded and I dropped the contents in my palms onto the base.

“And the garlic,” she grinned, lifting her chin to indicate the small bowl of grilled garlic in a bowl. 

I immediately obliged and sprinkled a pinch of the aromatic root onto the pizza.

“She likes salami too,” she mumbled, reaching her slim body over the counter to pick up the plate of salami.

I frowned, “Who?”

Yeon Hee turned to me a little annoyed, “Seung Ni,” she sighed, “She likes salami too.”

“Wh...What?” I stuttered, “Didn’t Jaejoong make that purposely for you because you like the crust?”

Yeon Hee sighed softly, “Seung Ni likes crust too, and it would be too selfish of me to concentrate on my food and leave her out especially when she’s outside working so hard to keep the wood oven going.”

“No!” I gasped. My head was going in overdrive, no, no, she can’t give that pizza to Seung Ni, that pizza was made especially for her. It was special, she needed to eat that pizza in order to perfect the plan.

Yeon Hee looked up at my slightly confused, “No?” she mumbled, her eyebrows forming a frown.

“Don’t worry about Seung Ni, make the pizza for yourself, Seung Ni can take care of herself, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like garlic.”

Yeon Hee’s lips formed a pout, “You’re so mean to that girl,” she frowned, slapping my forearm, “You should be nice to girls you know.”

My mouth dropped open, “What?” I stuttered. 

“I know it must have been hard on you to get arranged married to her, but its okay now. You don’t have to marry her anymore.”

My eyebrows narrowed, she couldn’t be that naive, could she?

“I know about how you made her clean your office when she accidentally poured juice onto you suit. And how your parents had to drag her kicking and screaming to live with you guys.”

I rolled my eyes, “She wasn’t kicking and screaming.”

“She wasn’t exactly joyous!”

I frowned, “Okay…”

“And how you made her get you gourmet breakfast everyday!” Yeon Hee quipped excitedly.

My mouth dropped, “Who’s been telling you this?”

She shrugged, “Your grandmother,” she said, continuing to sprinkle mushrooms onto the pizza.

I leant forward onto the bench, “What else has my grandmother told you?”

Yeon Hee shrugged, “Nothing much, just that you guys didn’t get along, and all Seung Ni cares about was her career, and if it weren’t for the blackmail then she would have never agreed to marry you.”

I frowned, “Did she say anything else?”

Yeon Hee shook her head, “No. But to be honest, I think that it is very wrong that your parents blackmailed her.”

I did a double take, this girl obviously didn’t know anything about this marriage. I smiled kindly, trying to not look at her.

Yeon Hee, continued to sprinkle cheese onto the pizza base, forming a perfect S, I immediately reached over and wrapped my hands over hers.

“Stop!” I frowned. 

She looked up at me confused, “What’s wrong?”

“What are you guys doing?”

I looked up to see Seung Ni standing between the glass paneled doors a confused frown on her face. 

My mouth dropped and immediately I let go of Yeon Hee’s hand, “Nothing…” I stuttered.

Yeon Hee rolled her eyes, “He’s trying to sabotage your pizza.”

Seung Ni frowned and took a step closer to the bench, “What pizza?”

Yeon Hee smiled and proudly turned to the pizza before her, “Jaejoong made a perfectly crusted pizza and I’m just putting the toppings on for you.”

Seung Ni peered at the pizza, a naive grin on her face. I wanted to whack the back of her head and tell her not to be stupid but Yeon Hee was giddily naming out the ingredients. 

“And now I’m sprinkling cheese in the shape of an S and an N so that you know the pizza is yours.”

“Thanks,” Seung Ni grinned, picking at a slice of salami and placing it into .

I cringed and she swallowed it. It was just a little bit, she’d be alright.

“Nice,” she grinned, “I’m just going to go out now.” She turned around and ran out to the courtyard where she continued to fan the oven with Xiah. I was busily chewing my lower lip to even notice that Yeon Hee had finished the S and N and now was making her own pizza. How was I going to stop that stupid girl from eating that pizza now?

“All done!” Xiah cheered, dusting the flour off his hands as he entered the kitchen. 

My brows furrowed, “Xiah!” I whispered, “Yeon Hee gave the tainted pizza to Seung Ni.”

Xiah’s mouth dropped as soon as the words came out, “What?” he spat.

I nodded, “She put an S and N on it, try throwing that in the bin please.”

Xiah inhaled a breath loudly, screwing up his face, “I’ll try,” he whispered back, before dashing out to the courtyard again. 

I turned around quickly on my heels, where the heck was Jaejoong when you needed him. Suddenly he came waltzing in a drink already in his hands.

“Don’t worry,” he sighed, as he caught my worried look, “It’s juice, Seung Ni made it.”

I raised a brow, “Okay,” I said slowly, quickly making my way to his side, “The plan failed,” I whispered quickly, “She gave her pizza to Seung Ni.”

Jaejoong’s hand froze mid air, the drink nearly spilling out, “What?” he spat.

I rolled my eyes, “That’s exactly what Xiah said,”

Jaejoong quickly put the drink down on the bench and grabbed my shoulders, “Don’t worry!” he exclaimed, “I’ve got more,” he said, giving me a confident nod.

I cringed, “What are we going to spike now?”

Jaejoong frowned, but then his eyes landed on his drink. 

I scoffed in amusement, “You think way too fast for me,” I laughed. 

Jaejoong and I quickly left the isolated kitchen for the backyard where the rest of the group congregated. 

“Would you like a cocktail?” Jaejoong shouted, as soon as Yeon Hee came into sight. 

She shook her head, making my heart sink deeper into my chest.

“It’s so hot,” I said, creeping to her side, “I think you should have something to drink.”

Yeon Hee frowned, “I’ll have water then.”

“How about I’ll make you a mocktail,” I offered. ‘Please say yes’ I willed silently. 

Yeon Hee chewed her lower lip and looked at the pile of fruit placed on the table that was freshly delivered to us in the morning. I raised my eyebrows, hoping that she would give me an answer soon. 

“Yes okay,” she said softly. 

I was grinning, “Any preferences?”

Yeon Hee shook her head, “Whatever you want.”

“Jaejoong makes really nice mocktails,” I smiled, gently taking her elbow and leading her away, “Let’s go and grab some snacks.” I lead her away, after I pushed Jaejoong in front of the blender and gave him a wink. I could hear the whir of the blender as Yeon Hee and I entered the snack cupboard together. She proceeded to load my arms with chocolate biscuits and the infamous Australian Tim Tams. 

“Hey look!” she cried excitedly, “I’ve found some coke.”

She barged out of the cupboard and ran to the fridge to fill up a glass with ice cubes, “Gosh, I haven’t had coke since ages.”

Immediately my eyebrows narrowed, “But… but Jaejoong just made you a fresh mocktail.”

Yeon Hee looked up at me slightly confused, “I’m sure someone else could drink that.”

I was blinking quickly trying to comprehend. 

Yeon Hee raised her brows, “Coming?” she asked happily, as she picked up her cool glass and walked out the door, the cubes making gentle clinking sounds. 

I followed out after her, agitated that she once again avoided our plan. 

“Pizzas done!” Xiah cheered, pulling the pizzas out from the oven. He laid the pizza out on the large table.

“Seung Ni!” Yeon Hee cried, placing down her drink and running to the pizzas, “I made this especially for you.” She picked up the pizza with Seung Ni’s initials on it and placed it before her.

I cringed, “Try mine!” I blurted, picking up a piece of the closest pizza and stuffing it to . 

Seung Ni brought a shaking hand to , choking.

Yeon Hee watched her swallow the large piece but still held up the signed pizza, “I made this especially for you,” she grinned, “It’s got extra mushrooms too.”

Seung Ni reached eagerly for the pizza, “I love mushrooms!” She brought the pizza slice up to a huge grin on her face. My eyebrows narrowed, she was going to eat spiked pizza. I brought a hand up to my head, scratching in thought. What was I going to do.

“I love mushrooms too!” Xiah blurted.

I jumped, my eyes darting from the floor to him. My eyes widened as he snatched the pizza from Seung Ni’s hands and placed it into his mouth. My mouth dropped. 

“This is great Yeon Hee,” he grinned, reaching for the rest of the pizza, “I’ll have the rest.”

Seung Ni’s eyes turned angry, “That was mine!” she snapped, reaching for his arm and pulling it down so that she could take the pizza from him.  Xiah slapped her small hands away and quickly stuffed the rest of the pizza into his mouth. 

Seung Ni’s mouth dropped, “You!” she cried angrily, “She made that for me.”

Xiah snorted and reached for a pizza on the table, “You can have that one.”

Seung Ni’s hand clenched into a fist, “You!” she spat, raising her hand. Xiah caught her fist, slammed a slice of pizza into the palm of her hand and pushed it into , “Stop talking and start eating,” he sighed, rolling his eyes.

She turned to me furious, whining, “Changmin!”

I shrugged, a little relieved that she hadn’t eaten the pizza, “That’s a nice pizza too,” I pointed to a random pizza on the table. 

She rolled her eyes, shoving past Xiah and ran out to the court yard. 

Xiah brought a shaking hand up to his mouth, he looked like he wanted to vomit. Quickly I picked up a glass of water and handed it to him. He downed it and looked up at me worriedly.

“You owe… me…” he gasped, slamming the glass onto the bench hard. 

I gave him a small smile, “Definitely!” I whispered, “Thank you.”