The Other Side

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I followed Hyun Joong into the large mansion, there were laser lights everywhere and despite the cold weather, there was a party in the backyard of the large house. Hyun Joong handed me a bottle of very expensive champagne.

“Would be rude to come in empty handed,” he whispered.

I smiled, he was so thoughtful. We pushed the heavy iron gate that lead into the backyard and followed the noise until we landed in the centre of the party.

“Who’s the host?” I shouted over the loud bass.

Hyun Joong smiled, “My best friend,” he grinned, raising a finger towards the handsome man that was walking towards us.

“Jaejoong?” I whispered. Jaejoong? Changmin’s best friend? Did that meant he was here. My heart panicked, I haven’t seen him for three days, I was starting to believe that I was at peace and he was busily planning the end of our marriage.

“Hyun Joong!” Jaejoong cried as he approached his best friend and slammed him into a bromance hug.

I tilted my head, avoiding him so that he wouldn’t out me.

“Seung Ni?”

I bit my lip as Jaejoong started prodding me.

“Ah,” I sighed, “Jaejoong! Nice party.”

Jaejoong smiled, “Glad you could make it, your husband is inside.”

I cringed, did he really have to say husband.

“Anyway, make yourself comfortable, I’ve got to handle something.” Jaejoong gave Hyun Joong a tap on the shoulder and proceeded to greet another guest.

I was cringing hoping that he wouldn’t question me about it. I was hoping that we could have started something, but thanks to Jaejoong’s big mouth, it was almost impossible.

“Husband?” Hyun Joong said.

I couldn’t tell whether he was confused or angry.

I sighed, “Fiance,” I corrected.

Hyun Joong shook his head, “STILL!” he frowned.

I bit my lip, “We were forced into it, some arranged thing that the parents did ahead of us. We, well I definitely don’t want to get married to him. And he has promised to end it as soon as possible.”

Hyun Joong stared at my distressed face, “Didn’t you think it would be appropriate to mention it?”

I closed my eyes, “I really didn’t want it to get in the way of our good night together.”

Hyun Joong shook his head, “This is unbelievable, who is it?”

I inhaled deeply, “Shim… Chang…”

“Changmin!” he gasped.

I closed my eyes, it was getting worse.

“Oh my god, it should have clicked when you mentioned your name to me. I knew it sounded familiar.”

“Hyun Joong,” I said softly.

Hyun Joong frowned, bringing a hand up to his forehead.

“Listen Seung Ni, Changmin is a really good friend of Jaejoong’s. Jaejoong is a really good friend of mine. I… I… I don’t think this would work out.”

“Hyun Joong!” I protested.

He shook his head, “I had a good night tonight, but I’m sorry this won’t work.”

He left me standing there bewildered. How could this be so horrible. It was all Changmin’s fault. If he wasn’t born then this marriage wouldn’t exist and I would be able to score that date with Hyun Joong. The waiter walked passed me and I grabbed two glasses of champagne. I was definitely going to need this. Hyun Joong had disappeared to his friends side, greeting guests beside Jaejoong and laughing at each others joke. I on the other hand sat alone on one of the benches beside the pool, quickly downing my drinks and glaring at the bikini clad girls. I was up to what I thought was my fifth coke and scotch when Changmin walked out with Junsu and Mickey around his arms.

“Check out that chick, she’s hot!” they laughed.

My eyes narrowed, there was the guy who ruined my life, and he was happily checking out chicks whilst I sat alone drinking. I picked myself up, my head felt heavy, and this long dress was annoying me.

“YOU!” I growled, pointing a shaking glass of scotch at him. 

“YOU!” I repeated as I stomped towards him.

Changmin frowned, “What is she doing here?”

“Huh!” I sighed, “You ruined my life!” I growled, slightly swaying.

Changmin looked at me, “You’re drunk.”

I shook my head, “No! I’m not drunk!” I slurred, “I’m angry!” I could feel tears swelling up in my eyes.

Changmin let go of his friends and took a step towards me, “Seung Ni,” he said softly.

I shook my head, along with my hand, swishing the dark drink around, “No!” I said again.

Changmin rolled his eyes, “Seung Ni, you don’t know what you are saying anymore.”

I shook my head again, this time instead of wasting the liquid, I poured it into my mouth before speaking, “You ruined my life, why do we have to get married? I don’t want to marry you.” 

I shook my head, feeling its heaviness, “You’re inconsiderate, arrogant. You’re rich and I’m not. I’m not rich…” I whined. I brought the glass to my mouth again, but the cool liquid did not sooth me. 

I frowned, “I need another one.” I turned around in search for the waiter, when his hands came down on my arms. 

I sighed heavily, “Changmin…” I sulked. “I can’t do this!” 

I felt him dragging me away, he had taken the glass from my hand and I was walking limply beside him. I looked up at his face, having no idea of what expression he had on. He placed me into his car and pulled the seat belt over him. 

“Careful!” I snapped, slapping his hand weakly. “It’s Versace!”

Changmin snorted, “You just made a fool of yourself in front of two hundred people and you’re concerned about Versace?”

I nodded my head, which made me feel even more sick. “It took me three weeks to save up the money to buy it,” I slurred, my head rocking, “I had to take up another job too,” I pouted.

“Tch!” Changmin snorted again.

I frowned, “No! I’m not as rich as you are, I need to SAVE money… work for it! I don’t free load off my parents.”

Changmin slammed the door closed.

My eyes narrowed, “No, you listen to me!”

Changmin got into the passenger side and started the car.

 

======================================================

Changmin’s P.O.V

She had fallen asleep when I pulled into the driveway. I dragged her out of the car, her slim body easily fitting in my arms. Her head rocked from side to side as I carried her up the stairs and into my room. I placed her onto the bed, her body reeking of alcohol and her sweet perfume. I looked at the pale yellow dress that hugged her figure, must be uncomfortable to sleep in that. I tugged her heels off her small feet and ran out the door.

“Maid!” I yelped from the banister, “Where are the maids? Mrs Choi!”

I waited, but no one came running out. Sighing, I braced myself to go back into the room. She had rolled to her side, her hair a mess on her head. I inhaled deeply as I approached her. My fingers found her zip on the back of her dress and I dragged it down slowly. I gulped, she was definitely going to kill me tomorrow. I slipped her arm out from the sleeve and then pulled the bed covers over her body covering her. I then slipped my hand under the sheets and pulled her dress down from her ankles. Perfect. I hung the dress up on one of the coat hangers and left the room. I was completely exhausted and collapsed into the spare room in. Maybe I should move into here whilst my parents are away, its not good to leave a girl at home by herself.