Operation Diamonds

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

 

We piled into the awaiting cars, Jaejoong in his Audi R8, T.O.P in his yellow Porsche, it took me a while to wipe the drool off the corner of my mouth, trust me. Yoochun got into his sleek navy BMW, Xiah and Hyun Joong followed in a Mercedes. T.O.P had handed Changmin his keys to a sleek black Mazerrati which I eagerly climbed into. 

All this mysterious darkness was making me all giddy.

Changmin started the car, his face dead serious. I couldn’t help smiling at him, he should become an actor, he looked too cool.

“What?” he smirked.

I grinned, “I’m just admiring your handsome looks.” I tilted my head, my eyes on him. He couldn’t keep his eyes on the road. Every second he would flick his eyes to look at me.

“Don’t do that,” he said, focusing on the road, “You never look at me like that.”

I snorted, “I look at you like this every night through my binoculars.”

Changmin bursted into laughter, slightly swaying off the road. He turned his head to me glaring, “We’re trying to be serious here,” he sighed.

I grinned, placing my fingertips on my lips bashfully.

Changmin smirked, his foot hitting the accelerator harder as he tried to keep up with the group. He shifted the gear stick to the last gear and hit triple digits, entering the tunnel.

“Listen” he sighed, taking my hand away from my face, “You be careful tonight okay.”

I smirked, “Is that a challenge?”

Changmin shook his head, his jaw tightened, “That’s an order.”

I cringed, since when did we play cops and robbers. 

“Are you listening?” he growled.

I nodded, “Yes, definitely, be careful!”

Changmin laughed, “Don’t do anything stupid.”

I smiled, “Not with you barking orders down my neck.”

“I do no such thing!” he retorted.

I rolled with laughter, “Okay,” I sighed, as I noticed the cars in front of us slowing down, and the view of the luxury yacht came into sight. “Nothing stupid,” I mumbled.

The group continued to drive past the commotion of the party, and into a darkened road where we finally hit the beach.

I climbed out of the car, my heels sinking into the sand. Changmin wrapped his arms around me, half walking, half pulling me to the group.

“This is out getaway,” T.O.P whispered. He his heel and walked towards the speed boat, stowed in the dark. I marveled at the twin engines, goodness, they seriously had this plan down packed.

“Yoochun, Yunho,” Jaejoong clapped his hands together, “You know what to do.”

I watched as Yoochun and Yunho climb into the speed boat, the keys already in Yoochun’s hand.
“Let me see you load the gun,” T.O.P shouted over the roar of the engine.

Yunho swiftly broke the gun to pieces and reassembled it in nearly a minute. He placed the bullets into the barrel and clicked the safety switch off.

My mouth dropped, I leant into Changmin’s shoulder, “What school did you guys go to?” I asked.

He smirked, “We were taught everything.”

I groaned.

“You follow that direction of the river and you’ll be able to see the lights, don’t stay too close okay.” T.O.P jerked his hand down the black river. 

Yoochun and Yunho turned their heads. They nodded in unison.

“Okay then,” T.O.P smirked, “Off you go.”

Yoochun revved the boat and reversed it out the bank. He swiftly turned it around and pulled it out to the waters. We watch the boat move down a few meters and then Yoochun killed the lights. 

“Stealth mode,” I whispered.

Changmin cackled, “Somebody’s been playing Call of Duty a little too much.”

I punched his arm.

“Okay people,” T.O.P slapped his palms together, “Here are your invitations.” He placed a gold plastic card into our hands, “You swipe it on the devices the bouncers hand out and they’ll let you in. Apparently it’s some top security stuff, but my team hacked in it easily enough.” 

Changmin immediately pocketed the card.

T.O.P drew in a huge breath, “Okay,” he grinned, “Let’s do it!”

We stared back at him blankly. T.O.P scratched as his eyebrows, and suddenly we were flooded with lights. There was another boat prepared for us, with a driver clad in an amazing uniform.

“All aboard!” T.O.P chuckled.

 

Our boat pulled up to the huge yacht and immediately the crew members adjusted the bridge connecting together the two boats and we climbed on board.

“Invitations please,” a huge man, in a black suit hollered.

Changmin tightened his grip around my waist as we waited for our turn.

“Please place your card on the machine,” he said, his voice gruff.

Changmin placed the card on the flat surface of the machine, it beeped and the bouncer waved us through.

“Please enjoy your night,” 

Changmin lifted his chin and pulled me into the crowd. 

“What was that?” I whispered behind my diamond clutch.

Changmin smirked, “My biggest mafia chin nod.”

I giggled, my eyes scanning the huge crowd for any familiar faces. No one yet, I sighed and allowed Changmin to draw me into the centre of the crowd. 

“How would you like to try your hand at poker?” he whispered into my ear.

My lip jerked, “With $10 000 minimum?” I wanted to vomit.

Changmin smirked, “You have to be in with the crowd don’t you.”

I swallowed, my eyes looking around at the gambling tables, “Blackjack!” I blurted, “Let’s do that.”

Changmin raised a brow and then nodded, “Good choice.”

We walked through the huge crowd, keeping our eyes on the look out as we approached the table. 

“A seat for the lady, please,” Changmin said. The crowd split and a man jumped off his seat for me. Changmin pushed me onto it. I grinned, oh god he look so hot right now. He should dress like this more often. I suppressed a giggle as I imagine the hotel staff jumping in fright as Changmin approaches the lobby.

“Place your bets,” the dealer called.

Changmin pulled out a roll of cash out of his inner pockets and slammed it onto the table, “$20000, please.”

The dealer nodded, “No more bets,” he sad, he dealt the cards. 

I was too afraid to look, my mind ran with crazy thoughts about what I could buy with $20000. That’s right, dollars, not even won. I blinked myself to reality as the dealer pushed two gold chips in front of me. My mouth dropped, we had won. Changmin grinned, bringing his head down to peck me on the cheek.

“Lucky charm,” he cheered.

The guys around him roared with laughter. 

I looked up at him blinking, serious? Can I keep it then?

“Place your bets,” the dealer called again.

Changmin nodded. I gulped that was $40000 on the table now. God, I can’t even bear to think about losing that much money. I gulped, the dealer dropped our cards before us. 

Changmin jerked his head, “Go on,” he said to me.

I gulped, but pushed the most confident smile onto my face. I picked up the last card flipping it over. My eyes widened. 

“Blackjack!” I shrieked.

The men around me roared with laughter again.

I turned to Changmin, he was grinning. 

I grinned with glee as the dealer pushed the chips in front of me.

“All mine?” I said, a little to exaggeratedly.

Changmin nodded, “Of course.”

I smirked, “More diamonds?”

Changmin returned my smirk, “If you can find a trader.”

My eyes went huge, god, acting was so fun. “Oh thank you darling!” I said sweetly, throwing my arms around his neck and pecking him on the cheek, “You love me so much.”

Changmin smirked, wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me away from him. “Women,” he shrugged to the guy in front of us. 

I slapped him on the chest lightly, “He’ll have to pull out every move to keep me,” I winked.

The man smirked, “You’re looking for diamonds?”

I nodded. Bringing my eyes up to Changmin innocently. He nodded with a smirk. God, I could swoon all over him now.

“But they must be from Australia,” I chimed.

Changmin shrugged, “She has a for collecting diamonds from all over the world. Africa was easy enough, Europe was a breeze, China that has got to be the easiest transaction ever. Australia…” he left a lingering pause, “Australia, we’ve been trying for a while now.” 

The man grunted, “Australian diamonds?”

I nodded, “Well of course,” I said, “They’re much more difficult.”

Changmin wrapped his hand around my hand on his chest, “I love a challenge.”

I grinned. My brain was going crazy with laughter. How I wish I had a video camera to take this in. Ommo, if I filmed it and sent it into and audition company they would fall for this immediately. Changmin and I were absolutely the best actors in the word.

“DIA!” Changmin called.

I blinked, “Yes honey?” 

He smiled, “She’s going delirious just thinking about them.”
I nodded, “So,” I smiled, flirtatiously at the man, “Would you have the slightest knowledge of any traders here tonight?” I said from behind my clutch.

The man raised his eyes, “Australian diamonds are hard, but I’ll ask around for you.”

Changmin grinned, “Excellent!” He slapped two of the gold chips into the mans palm, “Thanks for your help.” 

The man nodded, “My pleasure.”

We watch the man turn his back and disappear into the crowd. Changmin grabbed my hand and pulled me away. As soon as we were alone I slapped him with the clutch.

“Hey!” he frowned, rubbing his arm.

I glared at him, “That was $20000!” I pouted.

He laughed, “You can’t use those chips anywhere except…” he tilted his head from side to side.

I blinked, “What about cashing them out?”

He snorted, “You trade for goods, diamonds, drugs… not cash.”

I pouted, “No bags?”

Changmin chuckled, “No bags honey.”

I gagged.

“Hey, you used that term first!”

I slapped him again, “Only under that facade there.”