Uncomfortable

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

I paced the hospital hall, my sandals slapping against the polished tiles. There was an awkward silence lurking in the air, my friends sat equally distressed on the waiting room seats. I could see Yoochun on the other side of the glass door, shouting into his handphone. He was busily organizing the insurance and the paper works to admit Seung Ni into the private hospital. I thank god for giving me a friend like him, I’ve obviously been too distressed to even think about anything else except for her safety. I paced past the glass door again, finally noticing my disheveled hair, my lack of proper clothing and the dried sand down my shins in my reflection. I sighed loudly and ran my hand through my hair for the hundredth times. I had rushed into the ambulance van leaving behind the others to collect our things, dump them into a taxi and make their way to the hospital behind us. Now they sat in the hospital chairs in silence, Hyun Joong had his hands wrapped around the back of his head and has not looked up since he sat down. Jaejoong had been staring off into the distance at the closed door, he would slip off the edge of his seat at any sound of movement. I haven’t looked at Yeon Hee since they’ve entered the hospital. She was quiet in her seat and I had many more things to worry about than the repairing of our broken relationship. Suddenly the door opened and the doctor came out pulling his latex gloves off his hands.

I got to his side immediately.

“She’s in a stable condition now,” he smiled.

My heart nearly leapt from my chest, “Can I see her?” I croaked.

He nodded, “But one at a time please. She’s still resting.”

I grinned, running into her room and collapsing into the chair beside her bed. She was still sleeping, but it didn’t stop me from picking up her bandaged hands. I held her soft fingers in mine gently, a small smile on the corner of my mouth. Now all she has to do is wakeup. I waited for five minutes, my heart pounding, half hoping that it would turn out like one of the dramas and she would wake up, kiss me and tell me we’ll fly to he Bahamas and get married. But half an hour later the slow beep of the machines around her still resonated in my ear. She had still not stirred, and as hard as I tried to be calm, my heart was furiously racing, just waiting for her to wake up was leaving me distressed. 

“Seung Ni,” I whispered, my head resting on the edge of her mattress. “Please wake up,” I sighed. 

I played with her fingers, “You need to wake up so that we can return to Korea and tell my grandparents that we are going to get married.” 

I paused and waited for any sign of movement. Nothing came, automatically my lips formed into a slight pout. 

I sighed and continued, “And then we can go to France and have our honeymoon there, and I promise you can take a good look at all the buildings.” 

I lifted my head slightly, nothing yet. 

“How about Rome then, you’ve always told me you wanted to see the Colosseum.” 

Her fingers were still limp in my hand, I sighed heavily, I wasn’t going to give up now.

“Hagia Sophia?” I tried to bribe. She didn’t even stir. I let my head drop back down onto the mattress again, maybe I wasn’t dedicated enough, maybe she wants to know more about my future with her. I pouted in thought, a smile coming to the corner of my lips.

“And you will definitely be building our house together.” I grinned, squeezing her hand in mine, “We’ll have a huge dining room because I love to eat and a huge wardrobe for all you clothes and a five bedroom house for our four children.” The small smile on my face turned into a huge grin, that sounded like the perfect family picture, I’m sure she would be proud of me now. I lifted my head to look at her face, any minute now she’s going to wake up and tell me how fantastic I am. 

From the back of , Seung Ni let out a small croak. My heart nearly leapt out from my ribcage.

“Seung Ni,” I cried excitedly, nearly falling off the edge of my chair.

Her eyes sprung open, she turned her head to me slowly, her eyes frozen.

I grinned, “You’re finally awake.”

She stared back at me, “What?” she groaned.

My eyebrows immediately shot downwards, “What?” I mimicked after her.

She swallowed slowly, her eyes closing, “What did you say?” she frowned.

I brought a hand to my head confused, what did I say? The marriage part, the honeymoon part? France? Italy? House? Children?

“How many?” she spat, raising her frail arms to slap me on the shoulder.

I frowned, “How many what?”

She bared her teeth, “Children!”

My mouth dropped, “You don’t want four?”

Her eyebrows seemed to narrow even further, “Four?” she groaned, “Four? You can’t be serious, who or what do you think I am?”

I pouted, “But…”

She shook her head, “No buts, we’re not having four kids.”

My lip jerked in distaste, fine, we’ll have three then. As if she read my mine, she began shaking her head.

“One!” she said.

I frowned, “THREE!”

Seung Ni dropped

I sighed, “Fine.”

Seung Ni finally let out a smile.

I smirked, “Then I’ll just have to pray for triplets.”

She growled.

I gave her my reassuring grin and then decided to change the topic, “How are you feeling?”

She let her head drop as she examined her bandages, barely able to sit up to see the tight white bands wrapped around her legs. She raised a brow, “Well I’m not in pain anymore,” she turned to me and gave me a small smile.

“Good!” I sighed with relief.

She nodded, “So what happened?”

I stared at her gobsmacked, had she been so ill that she didn’t know what was happening with her own body? I chewed my lower lip.

“All I remember is being in the water and this slimy thing brushing against my leg,” she ran her fingers down the bandages on her arm, “And then the pain, oh,” she sighed, “That was unbearable.”

I nodded, “You were attacked by a box jelly fish.”

Her eyes widened, “Box jelly fish!” she gasped.

I nodded, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have let you gone out there.”

She smiled kindly, “I told you I hated the beach.”

I gave her a small smile and wrapped my arm around her, “We will never hit the coast again,” I promised.

“Unless we’re on a massive cruise and everyone is wearing designer clothes and everywhere I turn are diamonds, oh and don’t forget the fantastic food and…”

I stared back at her flabbergasted, is she serious? Aren’t we in this mess because of the materialistic world. She stared back at me then her eyes wondered around the room. 

“Or maybe not…” she sighed sheepishly.

I snorted, “You’d fit in with the hotel heirs no problem.”

She frowned.

“Designer everything, expensive food and... shallow minds…”

Her eyes narrowed.

I shrugged, “My grandmother.”

Seung Ni’s eyes widened, “Okay, I take that back,” she said quickly, “Then we’ll move to Australia, and live on a ranch with our sheep and our cows and our dams. And I could even wear those denim overalls and a straw hat…”

I raised my brow, but suddenly her face wrinkled in distaste causing me to laugh aloud.

“You really need to think before you say things,” I sighed, my head shaking.

Seung Ni’s nose scrunched up in thought, “Eww denim overalls…” 

I snorted with laughter, “Exactly.”

A knock came from the door, causing us to stop abruptly in our conversation. Hyun Joong stood between the door frame a look of concern on his face. I smiled and offered my seat for him.

“How are you feeling?” he smiled down at Seung Ni.

She grinned and her eyes became small, “I’m fine.”

Hyun Joong smirked, “I’m glad you are feeling better, we were really worried.”

Seung Ni smiled, turning her head towards me, “Worried that he made a stupid decision to elope with me.”

Hyun Joong snorted, “That and the fact that you were attacked by something made of 90% water.”

Seung Ni grinned, “I’m okay now,” she mumbled sheepishly.

Hyun Joong rolled his eyes causing me to laugh again.

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I sat on the hospital bed waiting for Changmin to come in with the okay to dismiss me. They all came into the room one by one to chat to me and ask how I was feeling. How was I feeling? I was feeling as giddy as ever, it could have been by all the injections they’ve had given me, or it could be the fact that Changmin was thinking about eloping with me. Even though I would never ever let him do such a stupid thing. My limbs had stopped hurting and there wasn’t much that was keeping me in the hospital and worst of all the extra time I spend here, the more I will have to pay for these hospital fees. Just thinking about the money I could save if I leave earlier was making me giddy, oh the things I could buy. Determined I leapt out of my bed my bare feet skidding across the carpet as I pulled on the little clothing I had with me. My bathers and a pair of swimming shorts, eww…

I stuck my head out the door, they were all gone, only Yeon Hee was left sitting in the hospital waiting chair. I quickly retreated my head back into the hospital room, goodness, was I ready to go out and face her now? She had been so nice to me, but she left him first. My mouth shifted to the side in confusion, what was I going to say, or even do? I started pacing the room, my bare feet sinking into the soft carpet, I liked that comfortable feeling. I allowed my mind to wonder in thought, how was I going to resolve this?

“What are you doing?”

I leapt into the air hitting my knee against the bed, “Argh…” I whined.

Immediately Changmin was right at my side, a firm grip on my elbow pulling me up, “You okay?”

With a hand rubbing my knee, I turned to face him furiously.

His eyebrows knotted together, “What?” he said slightly confused.

I rolled my eyes, finding a seat on the bed, “Where did you go?” I grumbled, rubbing my knee. In my peripheral I could see Changmin watching me but he didn’t reply. Confused I looked up to see him staring at me.

“Yah!” I screamed, hugging my chest, “What are you looking at?”

Changmin shook his head, snapping from his trance, “You… you…”

I shook my head, “What?”

“Are you cold?”

I smiled at him sarcastically. “Of course I’m cold!”

Changmin’s eyes widened and ran out of the room, leaving me alone again. I inhaled loudly, time, we’re wasting precious money here. I looked down at the minimal clothing I had on and sighed loudly. As if I was going to go out now. I sank down onto the bed, my feet barely touching the floor, it was a tiring day. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and soft shuffles towards me. 

“About time!” I growled, turning around to face him. But it wasn’t Changmin behind me, instead it was Yeon Hee holding my bag.

My mouth dropped, “Yeo...Yeon… Hee…” I stuttered. What the heck was she doing here?

“Seung Ni,” she said softly a smile on her face, “The boys rushed in so fast they forgot to think about you needing clothes.”

I froze, “Umm…” I smiled, “Thank you, I appreciate that.”

She handed me my beach bag whilst biting her bottom lip. I quickly took it away from her, confused and dazed, please don’t interrogate me about him, please…

“Seung Ni,” she said, breaking my concentration.

I jumped, “Yes!” I said a little too brightly.

She looked up at me, her eyes wondering the room, “Ch… Cha…”

I cringed, no, don’t bring it up please, not here, not never. I turned away from her hoping that she wouldn’t see my expressions.

“Yeon Hee!” Changmin growled.

Relief washed over me, thank goodness he came in time.

Yeon Hee turned to Changmin a little hurt, “I… I… brought her some clothes.”

“Yes!” I said brightly, “She did!” I lifted up my beach bag to his face, grinning. 

Changmin gave me a slight frown and nodded, “Thank you,” he smiled at Yeon Hee. 

I turned away from them feeling a little uncomfortable as I pulled my jumper out from my bag, god, I hated this.