Ripping the Man

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

My phone rang and my morning sensitive hearing made it worse. Without opening my eyes, I blindly grabbed for the phone, knocking most of the items on the bedside table onto the floor.

“Hello?” I groaned.

“It’s 7:45 why aren’t you here yet?”

I rubbed my eyes, “What? Who is this?”

“I’m in the office, you have 15 minutes. I want two raison toasts, they must be warm. A glass of fresh orange juice, tell them to hold back on the sugar and don’t forget the freshly whipped butter. I hate the ones you get in the small plastic containers.”

I frowned, “You can’t be serious?”

“You owe me,”

“But I’m becoming your wife.”

“I don’t care.”

“I have a job too you know.”

There was a slight pause and I could hear the shuffle of papers.

“Not according to my papers, you were fired from Multiplex.”

I sniggered, “I resigned, they were obviously disregarding my drawings because I am a woman.”

He snorted.

“No. My proposals were too elegant, they…”

“You have 12 minutes now. I’ll see you soon.”

The phone went silent. I was absolutely furious. How dare he hang up on me. He wanted some extravagant breakfast, I didn’t even work for him. I threw the covers of my bed off my body and ran towards the wardrobe. I’ll show him!

I stomped down the marble hall, my Manolo heels echoing down the empty corridor. In my left hand I held a plate containing the raison toasts and butter, the other hand I held a freshly typed up contract. I was ready to show him. I had finally pulled out the white Chanel suit that I had bought in a sale in 2005. 75% off, I couldn’t have the heart to ever wear it, but I definitely needed to show him today. I nearly cried when I pulled it out from its plastic covers. It was practically antique.

http://flypaper.bluefly.com/Chanel_presents_lace_tights_and_fashion_gloves_with_Chanel_suit_Bluefly_blog_FlyPaper-400.JPG

I pushed the door to his office open and walked in a with a huge smile. I slammed the plate before him and ed the papers into his face. He looked up at me, a frown on his face. He pushed aside his breakfast and leant forward to read the papers.

“As this is a marriage of inconvenience,” I began. I placed a hand on my hips. I had rehearsed this all the way here, I had figured that I looked much more authoritative with my hand on my waist.

“One, as we are not officially married, you have no right of entry to even touch me. You will stay in the hotel, and I will happily habituate in your room. If you step into my room without permission, I will consider it as breaking and entering and you will have to face the consequences.” I pointed at him. I nodded and continued.

“Two, as we are not officially married, you have no rights to touch me.” I bit my lip, we did need to please the parents right?

“Except, when we’re in front of the parents.”

I turned to look at his reaction. I nearly jumped when I saw him nodding.

“I agree,” he said calmly.

I shook my head, “No! I haven’t finished.”

Changmin shrugged, “You don’t need to. I will do everything in my power to end this marriage. It’s obvious that I can’t be with a person like you.”

My mouth dropped. 

“You’re wearing 2005 Chanel.”

“Huh!” I gasped.

“I bought the exact same one for my ex five years ago,” he said a matter of factly.

I gasped, he was so conceited. “What ever, I’m glad you want to end this marriage as much as I do. Now if you would sign on the dotted line, I can leave you to your breakfast and I will get back to my work.”

Changmin shrugged, pulled out his gold pen and scrawled his name onto the dotted line. 

I smiled.“Good! I’ll see you tonight then.”

Changmin shrugged as I walked out the door of his office. That was easy.

As I walked out I noticed a tall slim girl wearing the latest Burberry spring collection coat enter into Changmin’s office. I was drooling over her trench, only 456 more hours and I would be able to get one of my own. I smiled giddily to myself, my hand reaching for my handphone so that I could record down my weeks savings towards my trench. My hand swam around my handbag, not finding the slim iPhone. I frowned, I must have left it in his office. Turning around as quick as I could I barged into the office, once again ignoring the need to knock. As soon as I saw them on top of each other I wanted to gag.

“Oh god!” I gasped, bringing a hand to cover the smile on my face.

Changmin sighed, “Don’t you know how to knock?”

I rolled my eyes, “Sorry, urgent, forgot my phone.”

Changmin rolled his eyes, pulled my phone from beside her and slid it down the mahogany desk.

I cringed, “I can’t touch that!”

“Why not?” he growled.

“That… that was right next to her… her…” I brushed my hand across my behind.

Changmin rolled his eyes, “So what?”

My eyes narrowed, “So what?” I snapped.

Changmin sighed, “What do you want?”

I bit my lip, “Well, I just caught my fiance kissing a girl on top of his desk. I’m surprisingly not that upset, but…”

Changmin raised a brow.

“But… I think I should go and revise my feelings with his mother.”

Changmin’s face immediately dropped, “What?”

I shrugged, my fingers quickly dialing her number. Changmin leapt from his chair so fast, he was immediately at my side. He took the phone from my hands, a growl on his face.

“What do you want?” he whispered into my ear.

I smiled, “Her coat looks really good. I heard that there are only a few in Seoul.” I could see him roll his eyes in my peripheral.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kfyP_DhnAG0/S2Rjwg0nvaI/AAAAAAAAfvQ/quRI_2GgfoA/s640/Burberry+trench+coat+spring+2010.jpg

“What size?”

I smiled, “34 thank you. I expect it on my bed by dinner tonight. Or I might let something slip.”

Changmin exhaled and nodded, “Whatever.”

I left his office for the second time that morning feeling extra please with myself. I crossed the 32 hours off my iPhone, now I could use that money for that midnight patent Versace bag that I saw last week.

http://www.pursepage.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/versace-socialite-satchel.jpg

 

======================================================

Changmin P.O.V

I exited the Burberry store with the wrapped beige box in my hand. There went 6500 dollars, that girl really knew how to rip a man. I sighed, it was my fault, next time I decide to make out with a woman behind her back, I’ll make sure she’s at a safe distance. I made my way home and out to the courtyard where dinner was set up. There was a long table set up and already seated were my best friends. Opposite them sat Seung Ni and two other girls. My parents happily cheering at the end of the table.

“Ah, Changmin why so late?” my mother chimed as I came into her view.

I smiled, “Surprise present,” I shrugged. I placed the beige box down in front of Seung Ni, “For the wife.”

She had the nerve to clap her hands together and feign surprise.

“How wonderful,” she chimed. I swear I saw her wink at her friend.

I took the only seat, beside her, “Keep you’re promise,” I whispered into her ear.

She nodded, “Of course!”

“Congratulations!” Yunho cheered, he slammed a palm into my hands and shook it hard.

I was shocked.

“How come you didn’t tell us you got engaged?” Jaejoong followed after, slapping a hand onto my shoulder.

I couldn’t believe it, if I were to get engaged by my own will, it obviously wouldn’t be with her, she wasn’t even tall enough or skinny enough for me. 

“Will I be best man?” Yoochun joined in. 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

“Of course you can be,” Seung Ni laughed, “You’ll look handsome walking beside Monica. She’ll be my maid of honor obviously.”

“But it won’t be so until a few years,” I said sternly. I tried to give her my most deathly stare.

She ignored me and laughed.

“Look dinner has arrived!”

I was glowering, and I couldn’t help it. It looks like everyone was fond of her except for me. We ate our dinner animatedly, Seung Ni had no difficulties talking, and I ate in silence.

“Seung Ni,” my dad cleared his throat, “We were thinking of building another hotel in China.”

She nodded, “That’s an excellent move, the world exhibition would be held in China. I think it would be very beneficial to have a prestigious hotel like yours there.”

I rolled my eyes, she knew how to please my parents too.

My dad nodded, “I was thinking the exact same thing.”

She leant back her head and laughed, “Well, they do say that great minds think a like.”

My dad joined in with her laughter, which made me hate her even more.

“Listen Seung Ni, there is no other way that we could think of that would welcome you into this family more than to have you employed by us.”

Seung Ni’s face froze, “No, no… I don’t know anything about the hotel and tourism business.”

My dad shook his head, “No, that’s not what we meant dear. We want you to be the lead architect for the design of the hotel.”

My knife dropped as Seung Ni’s mouth fell open. 

“What?” I gasped.

My dad ignored me, “Why don’t you collaborate some ideas and present them to me in about three weeks time.”

Seung Ni sat in her seat blinking, I could not believe it.

“Th… three weeks?”

My parents nodded, “We should be back by then.”

She shook her head.

“You see, we’re going to China to see the proposed piece of land, Changmin and you will be at home alone together. We hope that you will take the opportunity to know each other more, and hopefully you can be influenced to design something based on your relationship.”

I spat the wine from my mouth, quickly grabbing a napkin and standing up to excuse myself. I was so embarrassed. I barely knew her, and she was already taking over my parents, my friends, my hotel job management. I was always the person who chose the design. Now it was all down to the annoying girl. I paced quickly in the garden, I could not stand this. I need to end it as fast as I could.

 

======================================================

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

It has been three days and I have been happily living in Changmin’s house alone with nobody but his occasional cleaners and his cook. It was like paradise, minus the marriage thing. If only they would just let me live like this without the need to marry that arrogant jerk. For the past three days I have not seen him once, I had spent the last three days brainstorming the designs for the hotel in China. I had came up with many different ideas, but I always thought that I was lacking a little something. I decided to take a break from the workload and visit one of my favourite places. There was a new gallery launch in town this evening, and I was excited to be able to be at the premier. The wine, the tasting platters, the expensive suits. It was like paradise to me. I had already prepared what I was going to wear for the night, I had laid out a pale yellow one shoulder dress that I had won in an auction. It was Versace and only been worn once by its owner. I really couldn’t wait to put it on for tonight.

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2008CTR/VERSACE/RUNWAY/10m.jpg

As soon as I slipped on the dress, I knew that it was perfect. The dress cried, I don’t care what you say, I am smart, sophisticated and no, I don’t need to marry you. Not that I am saying that Changmin would be there tonight, all I’m saying is that this dress screamed ‘freedom’. As soon as the clock hit 7:30pm I was out the door, my heels echoing across the hall as I left the large mansion. Changmin had taken his car, leaving his chauffeur home for me. I felt a million bucks as I slid into the silver Chrysler, I didn’t get to ride the Bentley without Changmin. But what do I care, the Chrysler was just as good. Soon I was standing outside the gallery, the bright lights making my stomach flip. This was going to be one interesting night, and I couldn’t wait to see the new works of the local artists. I got to the door, handed my coat to the concierge and stepped onto the white floors of the gallery. It was amazing, there were women in designer dresses and men in designer suits everywhere. It was perfect. I immediately grabbed a glass of champagne and disappeared into the large crowd. I took a brochure from the centre table and started off at no.1. It was a large collection of art pieces collected from around the world. I stood at it admiring the colours and the easily identifiable cultures locked within the piece. 

“Amazing isn’t it?”

I jumped, the glass of champagne splashing out of the rims of the glass.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you…”

I turned around to see a handsome young man with a very apologetic face.

“I’m… I’m sorry!” I blurted as soon as I noticed the damp patch on his designer suit.

“No, it’s my fault…” he frowned, as he pulled out a handkerchief and dabbed it onto my caused accident.

I cringed, “No let me help.” I took the handkerchief from his warm hand, ignoring the leap in my heart. I continued dabbing at his patch until he placed his hand over mine.

“No, it’s okay… consider it as a test for my dry cleaners.”

I laughed shyly, his hand was still on mine.

“Are you here alone?”

I nodded, “I didn’t think it would be compulsory to bring a date to a gallery.”

He smiled, “If I told you it were compulsory, would you be my date?”

I laughed, “No, I don’t fall for those lines.”

He laughed, “I was joking, a smart girl like you would fit in immediately, date or dateless.”

I nodded, “Exactly.”

“But,”

I frowned.

“But at the party I’m going to take you to after, I believe you’re going to be in need of an .”

I smiled, “Party?”

“Yes, very exclusive,” he nodded.

I laughed again, “Well, give me a private tour of the gallery and I might just follow you to this exclusive party after.”

He nodded, “Right, this way agassi.”

In the gallery, I learnt that he was Kim Hyun Joong a student doctor at one of the local practices in town. He was smart, handsome and had moved out from his family home. He was the perfect namja, and I immediately was falling for him.