Flight

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

 

“Do you know how to drive this thing?” I growled, as Seung Ni shifted the gear stick. The car jerked.

She turned to me, “You be quiet and let the master drive.”

My eyes narrowed, again the car jerked. “If you can’t drive it don’t-”

The engine cut off. Seung Ni slammed a fist onto the leather steering wheel and sank into her seat, “No way!” her upper lip raised into a sneer. She stubbornly started the engine again and shifted back into first gear.

I sighed, letting my head lay back onto the head rest. I turned my face towards her, her eyes were narrowed in concentration and she broke into second gear.

“Got it!” she finally grinned victoriously, “I told you I could do it.”

I sighed loudly, it was a Maserati for goodness sakes, don’t ruin it. She broke into third gear and quickly into fourth as she hit triple digits down the highway, “We’ll be home soon, Changmin,” she smiled, her head leaning from side to side.

I smiled, closing my eyes and finally letting my head rest.

“We’re home!” she chimed.

I opened my eyes slowly, my head was pounding, the dim entrance light to my mansion made it nearly impossible to see my way. Seung Ni wrapped an arm around me as she walked me towards the front door.

“Why do we still have this car?” I managed to mutter.

She turned back towards the car, her eyes shinning, “It’s so pretty,” she said dreamily.

My brows furrowed.

“Yah,” she frowned, “T.O.P gave it to us as a wedding present.”

My eyes widened, “A wedding present?” I spat.

She nodded, “He said he liked the idea of me going with him to shooting practice and it’ll be cool to race each other every so often, since I’ve mastered the gear box and clutch now.”

My mouth dropped, “You are not going to go shooting with him.”

Immediately her lips formed into a pout and she let go of me. I stumbled stabilizing myself.

“Neither are you racing down the highways at 240km per an hour.”

Her eyebrows narrowed further.

I shrugged, as the door opened, “And what happened to ‘Do you know how much carbon a Ferrari releases?’” I turned back to her a smirk on my face.

Her eyes narrowed, “You asked me that!”

“You’re the one who gave me the environmental lecture.”

Seung Ni folded her arms, shifting to a side, “Fine!” she blurted throwing her hands in the air.

I grinned, “You can take it back tomorrow.”

I turned my back on her and climbed the stairs slowly, I couldn’t wait to get into my bed and sleep.

 

“Changmin!”

I immediately shot up, pushing aside the doona.

Seung Ni came scrambling into my room, leaping onto my bed and tugging on my arm. 

“Get up!” she snapped, “Get up! Your grandmother is here!”

“What!” 

She nodded, “Get up!” She pulled me to my feet and pushed me into the wardrobe. 

I groaned pulling out a pair of pants and a shirt. Seung Ni came skidding to a stop between the wardrobe doors.

“Your… your!” she gasped, a hand circling her head.

I frowned, bringing a hand to my head, my fingers touched the bandaged and my eyes widened. Seung Ni’s thinned her lips in thought, then she dashed into the wardrobe tugging open my draws. I stared back at her amused.

“Got it!” she screamed, pulling out something.

I frowned, as she ran towards me, her arms extended above her head. She pulled the black fabric down on my head.

I raised a brow.

“You’re going to go play tennis today!” she nodded. She removed the dress pants away from my hand and hung it back.

“Changmin!” 

We both jumped, Halmeoni stood at my wardrobe doors.

I turned around to her a grin on my face, “Morning!” I said too brightly.

She glared at me, “What is she doing here?”

I turned back to Seung Ni, who stood there bashfully. “She’s going tennis with me,” I blurted.

Halmeoni’s eyes narrowed, she took a step closer to me. Immediately I brought a hand  up shielding my forehead.

“Why are you going back to Australia?” she asked suspiciously her eyes on Seung Ni.

Seung Ni jumped, hiding behind my arm.

“How’d you know?” I frowned down at my grandmother. 

Halmeoni beamed.

My eyes narrowed, “Have you been spying on my records?”

She frowned, “Four tickets Changmin, all from your own money-”
“Halmeoni, it’s my own money, I can do whatever I like with it,” I cut her.

Her lips thinned, “Well then,” she sighed, “I hope you are spending it wisely.” She glared at Seung Ni.

“I don’t know why you need to go back to Australia, after you’ve embarrassed yourself greatly there.”

“Halmeoni,” I sighed, taking her arm, “Australia is a very large country, it won’t be that difficult to avoid the Lees and plus,” I smiled down sweetly at her, “I have a few things that I must sort out with them.”

Halmeoni’s frown increased.

“There are things I need to apologize for…” I let the sentence linger on her as I pushed her out my room, “Have a nice day!”

As soon as Halmeoni left I pulled the sweat band off my head and sunk into a chair, bringing my hands up to my tired face. Seung Ni crept towards me, a pout on her face. I stayed staring at the ground for a little longer. There was one more important thing that we had to do before we could get married. I drew my hand away from my face turning to look up at her.

“Ready to go?” I tried to smile.

She tilted her head and threw her arms around me, “I can’t wait to get this over with!”

 

My heels echoed as I walked down the polish floors of the airport. Seung Ni followed beside me, her hand intwined with mine, her eyes gleaming at all the duty free stores. Yoochun and the thug called Mr Park following behind us. I tugged at her hand, trying to get her attention as we walked up to our boarding gate. It was an economy flight to Australia, nothing the Lee could identify before hand and run away from. Plus, if they were to run away from us, it would have made my life easier, but doing it this way gave me a guarantee that they wouldn’t bother Halmeoni again, or any of my family members for a matter of fact.

The flight attendant tore the stubs of our ticket and we promptly made our way down the airplane aisle. This was going to be it, as soon as we land in Queensland we were going to solve our biggest problem. I was going to be able to finally marry without any objections.