Bewitching

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

We all clambered out of the taxi, paying the driver generously and dragging our tired feet into the house. Strangely there were a few unrecognizable cars parked outside. Without the slightest bit of worry I followed the rest of the guys inside, not one of us daring to break the awkward silence that lingered in the air. Seung Ni was limping on her bandaged legs, causing me to smirk every time she would mutter something ridiculous underneath her breath. Jaejoong pushed the door into the house, there was an incredible silence, we crept in slowly unaware of the storm that lurked ahead.

I dropped my beach bag at the foot of the stairs and dragged my feet into the kitchen, in the sitting room sat Junsu and Yunho, miserably green and clutching onto their stomachs. I froze, two security guards screened a small women, beside her sat Mr and Mrs Lee. My mouth dropped, my heart sank all the way to my toes, its can’t possibly be, this was way too fast for me to comprehend.

“Disappointed?” Halmeoni sneered. She moved away from her body guards and sank down into the couch.

The shuffling from behind me immediately ceased. We stood frozen in our spots, my grandmother’s fiery eyes still pierced mine.

“Ha.. Hal.. Meoni,” I managed to gasp.

She snorted, “If I still am,”

I gulped, “What brought you all this way here?”

She raised her perfect eyebrows, raising her chin at her, the one who was hiding behind me.

“Changmin, you know why I am here.”

Immediately my head dropped, I couldn’t hold her gaze anymore.

“You, Changmin, have disappointed me gravely,” she closed her eyes slowly. 

My fingers shook uncontrollably, please don’t do anything to Seung Ni.

“Nearly fifty years I raised your father, twenty years he raised you…”

I gulped.

“AND I WOULD HAVE NEVER EXPECTED YOU TO EMBARRASS ME LIKE THIS.”

I felt Seung Ni behind me flinch. I so wanted to grab her hand and tell her that we would be fine, but my confidence faltered, denying me of any such opportunity.

My grandmother stood up slowly, “Did you think that I would not know about this?”

I clenched my hands into fists, I couldn’t give up now.

“Did you think I can measly ignore your disobedience? Tell me, what did you think could happen here that I wouldn’t now of?”

I gulped.

“I don’t know if I didn’t make it clear, or if it was you who chose to ignore my words, but I clearly told you to end this relationship!”

She took a step closer to me, “WHY DO YOU CHOOSE TO DISOBEY ME LIKE THIS?”

“Halmeoni!” I tried to reason.

She raised her hand at me, “Stop! Twenty two years I’ve given you your freedom, what did I do to have you treating me like this to me?”

“Hal…” 

She shook her head, “Shim Changmin, I’ve put so much effort into raising you into what you are now, I’ve helped your parents, all I ask is for some obedience.”

“Halmeoni!” I shouted.

Her lips twitched, but she spun on her heel to face me.

“I don’t know why you came here to abuse me like this, but I will tell you now, I WILL marry Jang Seung Ni.”

Her face froze, her lips trembling.

“Changmin!” Seung Ni gasped.

“You may disown me, but I’ve made my decision.”

“Ommo… Ommo” she growled

I clenched my jaws together it was final.

She her heels towards Seung Ni, “You!” she growled, “What did you do to him?”
I pushed Seung Ni behind me, “She has done nothing but stood by me since the day you made her sign all those contracts.”

“Changmin!” Seung Ni raised her voice.

I ignored her.

My grandmother snorted, “What about the contract she signed.”

I glanced at Seung Ni, her eyebrows were knitted into a knot.

“What contract?” she said.

I closed my eyes, no, this can’t be happening.

“Changmin what contract?”

I put both my hands on her shoulder, “At the holiday house, you signed that contract that my grandmother drew up for you.”

She froze, her eyes glazed over.

“Seung Ni,” I gasped, my fingers tightly squeezing her shoulder.

She breathed hard, “What… what was on it?”

My grandmother snorted, “You fool,” she growled, she walked to her handbag and pulled out the manilla folder. She placed the file into Seung Ni’s shaking hand, “Go ahead.”

Seung Ni raised her eyes at me, her hands shaking.

“Don’t,” I tried to reason.

She pulled the file away from me and opened it. Her eyes scanned through the pages, her lower lip trembling.

“AGAIN?” she spat.

My grandmother snorted.

Seung Ni swallowed, “You’re going to take my career away from me again? What do you want me to do? Beg on the streets so that I can be with your grandson?”

My grandmother rolled her eyes, “You shouldn’t even be with him.”

Seung Ni’s mouth dropped, “He chose me,”

“AND YOU BEWITCHED HIM.”

Seung Ni looked taken aback.

“Seung Ni,” I gasped, pulling her up straight.

Seung Ni was shaking uncontrollably in my arms, “What… what is this?” she muttered.

“You signed the contract, if you want to breech it go ahead, but the fine print clearly states that not only will you be blacklisted from all architectural firms, your family will also have to compensate and pay a total o 10 000 000W.”

Seung Ni’s gave way to her weight, and she came crashing down into my arms, “Wh… What?” she gasped.

My grandmother smirked, “You picked the wrong family.”

I looked down at Seung Ni, her weakness was scaring me, not only that, she was just bandaged, drugged and she should not be facing this. Again her weight dropped down onto me again.

“Seung Ni!” I gasped. 

Her head dropped against my chest, her body limp.

“Seung Ni!” I yelped, picking her up in my arms.