Satisfaction

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I looked at the two dresses on the bed, they were couture alright, a bit over the top however. And knowing me, I never refuse over the top, but something told me that the moment I put it on, it was signed and sealed. Whatever it was.

“So which one do you like?” Changmin grinned, his left eye smaller.

I tilted my head, he was really getting me. “Neither,” I raised a brow, no longer able to keep the smile off my face.

Changmin picked up the red one, “It’s Valentino…” he grinned.

http://www.thefashioninsider.com/dat/runwayreview/

I shook my head, “Put it down!” I snapped.

He smiled, “From his last show!” he wavered the dress in front of me. I tried my best to compose myself.

Changmin sighed, “Fine,” He picked up the other one.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/0/3987/12932628_0.jpg

He laughed, “Come on, this one has diamontes.”

I raised a brow.

“In every colour,” he bribed.

I laughed, “Then that one it is.”

Changmin nodded, “Okay, then I have to find that pink tie.”

I grinned, “I don’t think your grandparents like me.”

Changmin stopped rummaging in his bag and looked up at me, “No…”

I shook my head and slumped onto the bed, between the dresses.

“They’re just protective.”

I tried to smile. 

Changmin stood up and came over towards me, “I know you,” he smiled, “You would not take anything from me.”

I smirked, “How could I? I signed a pre-nup didn’t I?”

He gave me a crooked smile, “Pre-nup or no pre-nup.”

I looked away smiling.

I had wanted him to take my hand, but instead he went back to looking for the tie. I sighed, time for the dress. 

 

“Are you done yet?” Changmin groaned, he was standing between the front door shivering.

“Get inside before you catch a cold!” I growled, stabbing an earring into my ear.

“You look fine.”

I widened my eyes threateningly, “Not enough for your grandmother,” I growled.

He rolled his eyes, “You look fine,” he grabbed my hand, “We need to get this over quick.”

I let him drag me out the door, comforted by his hand around my wrist.

“Changmin,” I smiled.

He turned to look at me.

“How’s this? Annyeong ha sim ni kka, chonuen Seung Ni imnida?” I bowed low to him.

He laughed, “You just bowed down to me.”

My face dropped, I whacked him.

“I’m joking, it’s very good.”

I nodded, wrapping my arm around his, “Okay, let’s go.”

He led me up the footpath and into the lit hall. There was great noise in the dining hall, the chandelier throwing light around the large room. I inhaled deeply, trying to calm my nerves. Changmin brought his other hand down on top of mine, tapping it lightly.

“Easy for you,” I whispered, “You don’t need to impress your family.”

He grinned. He took me around one by one, I was bowing all over the place, introducing myself, handing them their invitation and trying my best to remember my honorifics. We finished everyone and Changmin quickly dragged me to his grandparents side so that they could dismiss me.

“Halmeoni!” Changmin grinned, once again one of his eyes smaller than the other.

I smirked, I was really falling for that eye.

“Changmin!” his grandmother reached out an arm for him. Immediately Changmin dropped my hand and ran to his grandmother’s side. I pouted, dragging my feet slowly towards them.

“Look who’s here,” his grandmother grinned.

I tilted my head, expecting another relative. But then she stepped out from Halmeoni, her hair long and wavy, a kind smile plastered on her face. I stood frozen, Halmeoni had her hand wrapped around hers. I gulped hard.

“Yeon Hee…” Changmin said mesmerized.

I couldn’t move.

“Oppa!” she said.

They kept their eyes on each other.

“It’s been so long…” Changmin sighed.

My mouth twitched.

“Changmin, why don’t you take Yeon Hee around to meet the family?”

My mouth dropped.

Changmin nodded. He didn’t even ask me. He gave me a small smile and pulled her away. I was frozen in my spot gaping.

“How could you,” his grandmother whispered into my ear. “Marrying Changmin for your own benefit.”

My mouth dropped.

“You can have him for a year, until you graduate, but Yeon Hee belongs to him. They will be rightfully married. Don’t try too hard on your marriage.”

She left before I could say anything else. I don’t know what was wrong with me, but suddenly I was very sad.

 

I pulled the pink couture dress off me and quickly slipped into my pajamas. I climbed into the bed, leaving enough room for Changmin on the other side. Hours later he came in, his clothes disheveled. My eyes narrowed.

“Why didn’t you come to dance?” he smiled, tugging at his tie. 

I sighed slowly, he didn’t even notice how distress I am. “I was tired.”

He nodded, “You did have to do a lot of bowing today,”

I tried to smile, “Yeah.”

He left for the bathroom, “How many times do you want me to bow back to you.”

I smiled, “You don’t have to.”

He popped his head out, “You sure? It’s the first and last time I’m going to offer.”

I nodded. Changmin popped his toothbrush into his mouth and sat on the bed. He was wearing trackies and a black t-shirt.

“I have a favour,” he said.

I raised my eyebrows.

“Can we stay here until Monday?”

I tilted my head.

“Yeon Hee is staying here with my grandparents until Monday, I want to catch up with her.”

My face dropped, “Oh…” I managed.

He nodded, “Thank you.”

I smiled. Changmin disappeared back into the bathroom and popped out seconds later. 

He picked up the pillows on the other side of the bed, “I’ll be on the couch if you need me.”

I opened my mouth to argue, but he left too fast.

 

I entered into the large kitchen of the mansion, Changmin and Yeon Hee were already there. He was in a plaid shirt with a crimson knitted sweater on top and cream dress pants. She was in a pink tulle dress, a cream knitted cardigan on her shoulders, and a flower headband in her hair. I on the other hand had run out of clothes, I was wearing old jeans and a t-shirt. The shirt was Dolce & Gabbana though, but it was not as pretty as hers.

“Morning,” Changmin cheered.

I smiled.

“We’re going on a picnic today,” he held up a basket.

I bit my lip, “With prosciutto?

He grinned, his eyes doing the thing I loved, “Sour dough too.”

“Tapas style,” Yeon Hee added.

My face dropped, obviously.

“Seung Ni is going to spend the day with me,”

I whipped around, Halmeoni stood between the doors in an antique Chanel suit.

“We’re going to talk about her family, I don’t know much about them.”

My mouth dropped, “Bu…”

“We have much to talk about today,”

She placed an arm around my shoulder, steering me out the kitchen. I turned back to Changmin hoping he would say something. He didn’t.

 

Halmeoni sat sipping her tea with me. She had said nothing, but vaguely talked about the good weather, and how nice it would be to have Yeon Hee and Changmin picnic-ing together. I had nothing to do but nod with her.

“So who made you do it?”

I frowned, “Pardon?”

She shrugged, “You signed the contract didn’t you?”

I tried my best to not roll my eyes, “I didn’t have a choice.”

She shrugged, “My daughter in law may be blinded by your charm, but I am not. She shouldn’t have chosen you. I guess she was upset to see Changmin so broken.”

I frowned, what?

“She was very smart, picking an Australian.” She smirked.

“Changmin and Yeon Hee broke up because she left for her family. They’re currently residing in Brisbane, Australia.”

I was shocked, that was why they chose me, my family, because we lived in Australia. I was probably appealing to him, I was probably reminding him of what he lost.

“His break up with Yeon Hee pushed him over. He became arrogant, angry, difficult…” She sighed.

My eyes widened, this can’t be? But it was all clicking.

“All he did was work, work, work. I guess they were desperate for him to find a girl. I was thanking the heavens for returning Yeon Hee to me.”

I gulped, this was all a diversion plan to get Changmin talking to his family again.

“Yeobeo!”

Halmeoni and I turned up to see Harabeoji standing before our coffee table.

“It’s such a beautiful day, why is Seung Ni cooped up in the house?”

I stared at him, lost for words.

“Let her spend time with her fiance.” He picked up my hand and dragged me out of my seat, “Go on,” he encouraged.

I turned back to give Halmeoni a last look. She looked extremely satisfied. I gulped.