Haute Couture

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

I was in front of the bridal store waiting for Changmin to arrive, he had switched his phone off, but this morning he had promised that he would be there. I paced up and down outside the store window, wringing my hands and desperately trying not to look at the dresses. Looking at them just made me want to vomit.

“Seung Ni!”

I sighed in relief, I was rescued. Turning on my green Louboutin’s heel expecting to see Changmin, instead I was met with Hyun Joong’s beautiful white smile.

My eyes narrowed, “Why are you here to do his dirty work?”

Hyun Joong grinned, “Changmin’s still stuck in a meeting, he originally called Jaejoong. But Jaejoong had to go visit his mother, so here I am.”

I bit my lip, “Okay then, ready to make fun of this ridiculous ordeal?”

“What?” Hyun Joong smiled, “Doesn’t every girl want to get married?”

I smirked, “Yes, but not to that arrogant fool.” I circled my arm around his and dragged him into the bridal store.

“May I help you?”

I nodded, “Yes, I’m Jang Seung Ni, I’m here for my dress fitting.”

The sales assistant nodded, “Follow me.”

I turned to Hyun Joong to give him a grin, “Follow her,” I whispered, giggling. We followed the lady to a large back room, with a raised polished catwalk platform, including spinning table at the end. I shivered. Hyun Joong must have felt it because he put a hand on top of mine, and gave me a reassuring smile.

“We have three dresses for you, but feel free to look at more.”

I nodded, and got behind the curtains. Hyun Joong sat down on the white victorian love seat.

“The first we have, is a lacy number from Valentino Sposa.”

Valentino? I was on the verge of drooling. I tried on the dress, it was beautiful but it didn’t scream me. I was about to take off the dress when the curtains were pulled back.

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/valentino_sposa_pronovias.jpg

“Turn around,” the lady said gently.

I did what I was told and turned around in the huge silk gown. Hyun Joong’s face lightened. 

“How’s it?” I managed.

He smiled gently, “Beautiful…”

I raised a brow, “But…”

He shook his head, “Not you.”

I grinned, we were so in sync, “Exactly!”

The curtains closed again, and the second dress was Vera Wang. I gulped. The dress was magnificent. Vera Wang, I’ve always wanted to wear Vera Wang. She was renowned to make beautiful wedding dresses.

http://www.weddingsunveiledmagazine.com/Blog/Fashion/Look01.jpg

I pulled it on, but its magnificence drowned me, the dress looked ridiculous on my small body, and no matter how much we could pull it up and tighten it in, the dress was overkill. As soon as the curtain opened up, Hyun Joong burst out laughing.

“Seung Ni? Seung Ni? Where’d you go?”

I rolled my eyes, this time closing the curtains myself. The third dress was Elie Saab haute couture bridal. As soon as she pulled the dress out, I was in love. Wiping the drool from my chin and all.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OvquP0BWuwI/SlYH4_N_qYI/AAAAAAAANsQ/fm-QJGj34BM/s400/elie-saab-2009-haute-couture-2.jpg

“Couture!” I gasped. “Haute Couture?”

The lady nodded, as she zipped it onto my body. My knees were trembling. The curtain opened again, and this time when I met Hyun Joong’s eyes, he wasn’t able to blink. I felt the colour rise in my cheeks as he stood up.

“You look, beautiful,” he whispered into my ear, his hands on my waist. He turned me around towards the mirror. Both of us not taking our eyes away.

“Would you like a picture?” the sales assistant smiled.

I turned around shocked. 

Hyun Joong grinned, “Don’t worry, I won’t show Changmin. No bad luck for you guys.”

I laughed, pulled my phone from my handbag and handed it over to the sales assistant.

 

Hyun Joong had disappeared into the french patisserie to get our order. I sat in the sun scrolling through my phone. The pictures were amazing, the dress was fantastic, the namja? If I were really marrying him, I’d be a very happy bride. 

“All here!” Hyun Joong chimed as he set down the tray.

I grinned, “Including my almond croissant?”

He nodded, “Oui, mademoiselle!”

“Merci, Hyun Joong, assez-y-toi s’il te plait.”

“You seemed to have more fun today, than what Changmin had told me.”

I smiled, hiding my embarrassment behind a hand, “It could’ve been worse,” I looked up directly at him, “But you came.”

He smiled at me.

“Thank you,”

Hyun Joong looked into my eyes, a smile on his face, “You’re tea.”

I smiled and took it from his hand. 

He wrapped his fingers around my hand, his eyes still on mine, “A year was it?”

I looked away, I knew what he was referring too. A year, and I’d be free. A year and I’d be graduated, working, an architect, a single woman. 

I nodded, “Yes, a year.”

His eyes were still on mine, “I’m…”

I bit my lip, too afraid to sip any tea, as my hand was shaking.

“I’m willing to wait,” he finished.

A smile crept on my lip, “Then I’ll be there in a year.”