Arguments

Incomplete Marriage

 

Seung Ni’s P.O.V

 

I sunk back onto the mounds of pillows that Changmin had placed on the bed for me. He had refused to let me out the moment I came back from the police station after hours and hours of them taking my statement. I had slept the whole day before and was now bursting with energy to get out and go shopping. I groaned, letting my head sink down, “Where are you Changmin,” I mumbled, closing my eyes.

“I’m here!”

I let out a shriek, bolting upwards. Our heads slammed together.

“Argh!” he groaned.

I pushed my palm to my head to ease away the pain, “What the heck?” I growled, giving him a shove with my left hand.

He groaned again, “You!”

I shook my head, “That hurt!”

“Why’d you get up so fast? You’re supposed to be resting.”

My mouth dropped in disbelief, “I’ve been resting all of yesterday, it’s time you let me out!” I shoved him again, but this time he caught my hand. 

He pulled it down onto his lap, “I don’t want you out and about until you’re healthy again.”

I groaned, “If I don’t get my dosage of shopping, I swear I will become crippled.”

Changmin frowned.

I yanked my hand away from him and folded my arms nodding, “Will you take a crippled wife?”

He smirked, “If it’s you I’ll take whatever form you come in.”

I shivered, “If you were crippled I’d-”

He slammed a hand onto my mouth, “Shhh!” he hushed, his eyes narrowing.

I pried him off me, laughing, “I’d marry you too, you idiot!”

I looked up to see Changmin’s eyes mismatched, I loved it when he does that.

“Ready to kiss me yet?”

“NO!” I growled, pushing him away.

Changmin pulled a pillow to his chest laughing, “I’m going to need to buy you something right?”

I froze, an idea popping up in my head.

Changmin smirked, “What should I get you this time?”

I looked up at the ceiling in thought, it was getting warm now, I needed new shoes, of course, and maybe a dress. 

“Versace?” he spurted.

I immediately straightened my back, my eyes wide with hunger.

“No,” he pouted.

I frowned. Was he teasing me now.

“Gucci,” he nodded.

I grinned.

“No…” he continued. “Dior!”

I was going to fall off the bed now.

“No…” 

I couldn’t take it anymore, I leapt at him, Changmin saw it coming and wrapped his arms around my waist dragging me on top of him.

My mouth formed an ‘o’ and my eyebrows shot up, “You did that on purpose!”

He grinned, puckering his lips.

I turned my face away, “That’s !” I shouted.

He giggled, flipping me over until I was underneath him. I wriggled, but he kept a firm grasp on me.

“Changmin!” I shouted over his laughter.

“Changmin!” 

We froze. Changmin lifted his head above the pillows and the doona, his eyes widening and immediately he leapt off me. 

“Uh oh,” I mouthed to him, as he looked down at me a guilty expression on his face.

Halmeoni came into the room, “Seung Ni, get up, you can’t hide from me.”

I gulped, grabbing onto Changmin’s shoulder and pulling myself up. I turned to her trying my hardest to give her my best grin.

She rolled her eyes, “Changmin, I want to talk to you in the office.”

My lips formed into a pout, whatever she wanted to say, why couldn’t she say it here. I already knew her secret.

Changmin turned back to look at me, he pouted, and I mirrored him.

“Now!” Halmeoni called out.

Changmin leapt to his feet, “Deh!” he bowed, running to her side.

I barred my teeth at him and sunk back into the pillows.

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

I followed my grandmother down the stairs and into our spacious office, where she immediately sank into the leather seat behind the mahogany desk. My eyes flicked around the room, what did she want me here for?

“Changmin take a seat,” she said calmly, opening her palm out to me.

She’s telling me to take a seat in my own office, she can’t be serious. Being the obedient grandchild I am, I immediately sank into the chairs in front of the desk.

“Let’s get straight to it,” Halmeoni said firmly, “I’m not the type of person to beat around the bush.”

I raised a brow, not sure where she was heading.

“You can’t marry Seung Ni,” she said.

I froze, “What?” I spat.

Halmeoni shook her head, “You can’t marry her, that girl is crazy, look what she got us in to.”

I frowned, “I’m pretty sure it’s, look what she’s gotten you out of.”

Halmeoni’s eyes narrowed.

God, she’s been resting for a day, and apparently she’s already got amnesia. I shook my head, dug my hand into the inner pockets of my blazer and pulled out the silver envelope.
“I got this the day you went missing,” I placed the envelope onto the table and pushed it towards her. “Although you didn’t let me join you in the interview room at the police station, Seung Ni informed me everything last night.”

Halmeoni’s eyes narrowed, “What did she tell you?”

I shrugged, “Something about diamonds, and how they misunderstood it was our family who took them.”

Halmeoni’s eyebrows slid down her forehead, I frowned.

“What is it? Am I not right?”

opened and closed, but she didn’t say anything.

“You can’t marry her,” she finally stated.

I sighed, turning my head away from her furious expression.

“That girl is crazy! She knows how to hot wire a car, and a-”

“Shouldn’t you be appreciative?” I cut her, placing my palms onto my desk, “Because of her abilities to do those things, you made it out of there.”

Halmeoni’s mouth dropped, “She shot a man,”

I rolled my eyes.

“Twice!”

“Halmeoni,” I sighed, standing up, “They were both skin grazes, and she did that so that she could save you.”

Halmeoni stood up, “What can stop her from shooting you one day?” she hissed.

I snorted, this was getting way out of had, “She will not shoot me, she doesn’t own a gun for one, neither do I, and she loves me too much to do so.”

Halmeoni scoffed, “And I?” 

My lips thinned, “If she wanted to do that, she would have done so in the storage shed.”

Halmeoni’s hand shook furiously as she raised them at me, “You!” she sneered.

I shook my head, “Halmeoni,” I sighed, “It’s time you start accepting reality. I will never marry Yeon Hee, you need to learn to erase the idea from your mind.”

Her eyes narrowed, “Shim Changmin!” she shrieked.

I shook my head, “My parents are absolutely fine with me marrying her, it seems to be you who has a problem.” I held my gaze on her for a few more seconds and dropped my head into a bow, “Annyeonghi gye sip sio!” 

I turned around and dashed out the door.

I climbed the stairs three steps at a time, knowing Seung Ni, she would have stubbornly changed and would be waiting for me to give her permission to go out. I opened the door to my room, she was already dressed and her arms folded before her.

“I’m going!” she said.

I grinned, “I know,” 

She shook her head, stunned, “What did you say?” she gasped.

I grinned, taking her hand, “Let’s go now, we need to get out of here.”

She frowned, trying to pull away from my gasp, “You’re letting me go out? Just like that?”

I nodded, “Just like that.” 

Her eyes narrowed, “Ohhhh!!!” she gasped, “What happened?”

I shook my head, “Nothing.”

Seung Ni raised her hand, whacking my shoulder as I dragged her down the stairs, “What happened?” she whined.

I pulled her out the garage and shoved her into my car. I clambered in, started the engine and sped off.

“Gees,” I sighed, my lips moving to one side in annoyance, “You’ve been asking me to go out all morning, and when I let you, you act like this.”

She folded her arms, “You’re hiding something from me,”

I pouted, “Yes, yes I am.”

Immediately her back was straightened and she was eagerly looking at me.

I sighed, “You look horrible in that jacket,” I smirked.

She whacked me again.

“Hey,” I yelled over her whines, “I’m driving!”

She sank back in the seat, scowling. 

I kept my eyes on the road, the smile still on my face, as we pulled up at Jaejoong’s bachelor pad. This was going to be fun.