Safe

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin's P.O.V

“We found them!” the officer ran into my office, the door opening with a bang.

I leapt to my feet, “You found my grandmother and Seung Ni!”

He nodded, “They are on the freeway now!”

My friends all clambered to their feet.

“I’ll drive!” Yunho cried.

My heart was leaping out of my chest, and I was gulping down air to be calm.

“What are you waiting for,” Hyun Joong’s hand landed on my shoulder, “Let’s go!”

I ran out the room to the elevator, jabbing the down button like I had a twitch in my index finger. It ‘ding’ed annoucing it’s arrival and my friends and I leapt in, the police officers filing in after us.

The seconds that took us to hit the ground made my palms sweat. I couldn’t wait to see them safely. I was swallowing the numerous lumps in my throat. 

“You go in my car,” Jaejoong called, tugging my arm.

I nodded and followed him out to the car park.

We climbed into his Audi R8 and in seconds Jaejoong had floored his pedals and we were racing towards the freeway.

“Calm down,” Jaejoong called to me, as he shifted gears to go faster. 

I brought a shaking hand to my upper lid, I hope they were both okay. Jaejoong’s fingers rolled over the stick and he shifted it to the 6th gear. Triple digits down the freeway and my heart was pounding in my chest.

“There they are!” I gasped, as I saw the police flags.

Jaejoong pulled his car to a stop with screeching tires. I unleashed myself from the belt and leapt out the car running into the mess.

 

“Seung Ni!” I gasped, running towards her. She looked up, recognized my content face and ran towards me.

“Changmin!” she said enthusiastically.

She landed onto my chest with a thump, immediately I wrapped my arms around her, “Are you alright?” She nodded. Her cheeks pressed against my chest.

“Changmin!” Halmeoni called. She came at me fast, throwing Seung Ni from my arms and landed herself on my chest with a thump.

“I’m in so much pain!” she whined.

Seung Ni folded her hands in front of her chest, sniggering.

I beamed, at her and ran my hand through Halmeoni’s messy hair.

“Kwaenchanayo? (괜찮아요?)?” I looked down at her tenderly.

Halmeoni nodded, burying her head into my chest. I smiled, placing a kiss onto the top of her head.

I could hear soft growls coming from Seung Ni.

“They made me put my hands above my head, kneel and they even had the nerve to arrest me.”

My brows furrowed, “What?”

She sobbed, “They abused me!”

I turned to Seung Ni, to my disbelief she was nodding.

My eyes narrowed, “Inspector Lee!” I barked.

The inspector scrambled to my side, “Is there truth in my grandmother’s words?”
He looked uncomfortable, “Unfortunately we had a misunderstanding betwe-”

“Misunderstanding?” I hollered.

He winced in dismay.

I shook my head, “Your head of department will be hearing form my office very soon.”

“Mr Shi-’
“No excuses.”

He pouted.

“Seung Ni come here,” Hyun Joong said gently.

My brows furrowed, I whipped my head around, completely forgetting about the inspector.

Hyun Joong had pulled Seung Ni into his arms and was busily inspecting her cuts.

I gasped, “She’s BLEEDING!” I yelped.

Halmeoni rolled her eyes, “Just a little.”

My mouth dropped, “It’s all over her jacket, Just a little?” I hissed.

I let go of Halmeoni and ran to her side.

“What happened?” I asked, worried.

She shook her head, but winced at the pain.

“Hyun Joong, is she okay?”

He nodded, “She’ll need a few stitches though,”

Seung Ni’s mouth dropped, “STITCHES?” she screeched.

Hyun Joong winced, “It’s a very long scratch,”

Seung Ni’s lips trembled.

“Don’t worry, you’ve been running around with that cut all day, it won’t hurt when I put the needle in.”

“Needle?” she gagged.

I grabbed her hands, “Don’t worry,” I sighed, turning my eyes on Hyun Joong, “Don’t hurt her!” I demanded.

He smirked, “Never!”

I watched as he passed the needle through her, tugging gently and cleaning her wounds after. 

Seung Ni was obviously annoyed because she couldn’t see what was going on. Her eyes would roll up and flicker from side to side, causing me to smile secretly to myself.

“All done,” Hyun Joong flashed his perfect smile.

She grinned, “Didn’t hurt at all.”

I smiled, “Like Hyun Joong promised."

She beamed, wrapping her arms around my waist and sinking her head into my chest.

I looked down at her bruised lip, how much I wanted to kiss it. My body must have reacted with my thoughts because my head was slowly inclining towards her. Suddenly her hand crept up my chest, slap, her fingers wrapped around my jaw, pushing my head backwards.

“Not now!” she growled, “I’m covered in my own blood.”

I pouted, “Are you serious?” I groaned.

Her eyes narrowed, she lifted up her hand rolling her fingers into a fist, “Do you want to not ever kiss me again?”

I drew my head back, closing my mouth, “Fine”, I grumbled. I’ll give into you now, but just you wait until we get married...

Jaejoong’s, Yoochun’s and Yunho’s laughter broke my concentration. 

Those idiots, my lip jerked, I turned around a disgusted look on my face, “Yah!” I hollered.

They both slammed their mouth shut.

I snorted, “What?” I hollered to them.

They shook their heads, but slowly Yoochun raised his fingers up and pointed behind me. My brows knotted together, I turned around slowly, my mouth shifted to a side in fear.

Halmeoni had her hands on her hips, “Changmin,” she sighed, “My head hurts.” I looked down at Seung Ni who was also glaring at me. I did a double take, they can’t be serious, making me choose between them?

Seung Ni’s eyes narrowed. I gulped, I’ll deal with her later, she didn’t even want to kiss me.  My hands slipped from her waist and I ran to my grandmother’s side.

“Halmeoni,” I whined, “Let’s take you to the hospital!”