A Slave to Burberry

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

I closed the door after Yoo Na and crossed over to the couch where Seung Ni was clutching her chest and breathing heavily.

“Are you alright?” I gasped. 

She continued breathing, her face in distress, “Changmin,” she said weekly, trying to find my hand. 

I grabber hers, “Are you alright?” I said again.

Seung Ni inhaled, “Please don’t let her come back again,” she cried.

I smiled, “Was it the dress fitting?”

Seung Ni pulled her hand away from me quickly and stood up, “No, it was the wishing tree,” she said sarcastically. She buried her head into her hands, “Dress fitting,” she mumbled. “You can’t be serious.”

I smiled, she looked distressed, “Seung Ni,” I said softly, “What can I do to help?”

She looked up, “Oh what the hell,” she exclaimed, dropping her hand onto her lap, “Take me shopping!”

 

As soon as I finished with the last meeting of the day, I went back to my office to find Seung Ni on the couch, drawings strewn all over the coffee table.

“How long have you been here?” I sighed, as I loosened my tie.

She looked up smiling, “I’ve been drawing a broken silver wishing tree all day.”

I laughed, creeping around to where she was sitting to see, “Nice,” I smirked.

Seung Ni nodded, “You want to see how I’ve planned Yoo Na’s death?”

I frowned, “No…” 

Seung Ni shrugged, “Okay then… are you still going to take me shopping?”

I laughed, “Are you going to rip me of $6500 again?”

She shook her head, “No… just $2700, I saw this very nice Burberry handbag in Vogue, it had me drooling all day. Want to see my sketches of it?”

She pushed pieces of paper into my hand, the bag sketched at all different angles.

“I’m a slave to Burberry,” I sighed. 

She beamed, latched her arm around mine and pulled me out the door, “Come on, come on,” she hurried.

We soon entered Burberry. I have not seen Seung Ni in a better mood. She looked like a little kid in Candy Land. She immediately ran towards everything she could. Picking up bag after bag and trying them on, but promptly putting them down and tearing her eyes away from them. She was filled with lust, but as sensible as she was. She only had one objective. Her $2700 handbag. 

http://www.handbags800.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/10.02.21SpringBurberryMediumSoftKnotToteBagComesinTrenchandBlack.jpg

She picked it up and ran towards me, “This is it!” she trilled.

I smiled, “Great, let’s go,” I said, digging my hands into my pockets.

She nodded, “Quickly, before I take out the credit card.” 

Once again she circled her arm around me and dragged me out the store, swiftly walking away from the magnificent entrance.

She was breathing heavily, but still smiling, “That was great!” she said happily. 

I was confused, watching her skip down the path.

“That bag is beautiful, only about 195 hours to go before I can get it. But ONLY after my 240 hours on my Versace bag.”

I laughed, “Why didn’t you get it? I promised you it, didn’t I?”

Seung Ni shook her head, “No,” she cried, “I couldn’t do that. You’re already fake marrying me, I couldn’t possible ask you for anything more.”

I shrugged, “You’re making my parents happy.”

She stopped dancing in the street and pouted, “Not for long though. I’m selfishly doing this for my own selfish motif.”

I sighed and reached her, “It was my idea though.”

She grinned, “I’ll treat you to a smoothie and some cake.”

She dragged me into a cafe and we took a seat outside in the crisp cold air.

“What would you like?” she grinned, as the waiter approached our table.

“You order,” I smiled.

She grinned, “That is a great privilege that I would be happy to take aboard.” She looked at the menu and in seconds started rolling out dishes after dishes.

I was surprised by the amount that she could eat, she had cake after cake, but didn’t finish any of them.

“This is good,” she cried, wiping a bit of cream off her lips, “Try it.”

I picked up my fork and dug into the cake, “Are you going to waste all of those?” I frowned.

“Of course not,” she shook her head, “I’m gonna have to take them home, and sneak a few bites as soon as anyone mentions dress fitting.”

I laughed, “You’re an idiot.”

She glared at me, “Do you want to wear the dress?”

I bit my lip, I was about to argue back with her but my phone started ringing in my blazer pocket. I smiled apologetically and left the table to pick up the phone. I came back minutes later flushed, I had to run back to the office and meet the attorneys. My parents have decided to make us sign pre-nuptial agreements. Seung Ni was sitting at the table, her cakes all packed up in a white cardboard box. 

As soon as she saw me she stood up, “Ready to go!” she grinned.

“I have to go,” I sighed, “I’ve called the driver, he’s picking you up from here. I’ll see you tonight.”

She frowned, “Whatever.” She slumped back into the seat and wavered me away. 

I frowned as I walked to my car, she was not going to like the news tonight. Those cakes would come in handy.

 

I read through the contract once again, not quite satisfied, but there was nothing I could do really. 

“One more thing,” I sighed.

The lawyer stopped.

“I want to give her the Prius too.”

He nodded, turned back to his laptop and continued typing, “Anything else?”

I shook my head, anything else and my parents will sure make her life hell.

“No.”

He nodded, stood up and reached out a hand for me, “Glad to do business with you,” he sighed, “Hopefully this contract will not go in use.”

I smiled, knowing that from a year now I would be seeing him again. “Thank you.”
As soon as he left, I took my car out and drove immediately to Burberry. The store was long closed now,  but I had my ways, being Shim Changmin. As soon as I got to the store, the manager was outside with the beige box in her hand. I gave her my bank cheque and took the box from her.

“Thank you for everything,” I smiled.

She returned my smile, “Your wife is a very lucky woman.”

I laughed, “Yes she is,” but not for long, I thought.