Signed

Incomplete Marriage

 

“Where is she!” my grandmother snapped, as she pushed her way into the mansion.

“Halmeoni!” I groaned.

She raised a finger at me, “Where is that lowlife girl.”

My mouth dropped, “Ha…” my hands clenched, I turned away, I couldn’t even look at her.

“Are you protecting her?” she snarled.

I shook my head, “She’s not here.”

My grandmother’s lips twitched, but she made her way to the couch in the sitting room and sat down.

“How dare you embarrass me in front of so many people?”

I stood stiff, looking at the floor, not saying a word.

“Look at me when I talk to you!” she snapped.

I sighed, lifting my head to look at her.

“Do you know that I nearly had a heart attack just thinking about you and her, just thinking about how you abandoned not only Yeon Hee and I but our reputation, our hotel, everything that we’ve worked for.”

My jaw tightened.

“Listen Shim Changmin, I’ll say this once and once only.”

I looked up at her, ready to face it. No matter what she says I’m going to argue back with her. Even if it meant that I’ll be disowned.

“You are to leave that dratted girl immediately, never to see her again. What’s her name? Seung Ni? YOU CANNOT SEE SEUNG NI AGAIN,” she screamed, getting to her shaking feet.

“Halmeoni,” I argued.

Her lips tightened, “Don’t you dare speak,” she snapped. 

I my lips, but decided against arguing with her.

“You are to be obedient, marry Yeon Hee and start a family with her. You WILL, I repeat it, WILL, forget about Seung Ni.”

I snarled, “I can’t do that.”

She nodded, “Okay, but she will,” she said calmly.

I jolted, what? A confused frown on my face.

She turned to her butler, a hand spread out waiting. He placed a manilla file onto her palm. 

My heart drop, what is this.

“You see, the stupid girl doesn’t read when she’s angry. She’s signed it.” She threw the file at me, “Look for yourself.”

I picked up the folder with a shaking hand, what did she get herself into now.

“Not only will she not graduate, she’ll be blacklisted from all the architecture firms in Korea, America and Australia.”

I looked up glaring at her, “What did you do,” I growled.

She shook her head, “It’s not about what I’ve done Changmin, it’s about what I’m doing, and about what you will do.”

I inhaled sharply, trying to suppress my anger.

“Oh don’t worry about France,” she shook her head, “I’m working on that too.”

My mouth dropped, “Ha…” I sniggered.

She nodded, “Even if you don’t agree, she will. I’m trying to protect you Changmin, you forget about her now before it gets worst.”

“Halmeoni,” I screamed, “What did my parents say?”

She raised her hand, “That’s irrelevant, I raised your father, unlike you he knows obedience, he will do as I say.”

I gulped, bringing a hand to my throbbing temples, “She won’t do it.”

Halmeoni cackled, “But her parents will.”

My eyes widened, “How could you drag them into this?”

She placed a manicured hand onto her lap, “It’s a lesson, for raising a daughter like that.”

My mouth dropped, “But she’s done nothing wrong,” I growled taking a step to her.

My grandmother raised a brow, “Look what she’s done to you. Two months ago you would’ve never spoken to me like this.”

I let my shoulders drop, I was never going to win. I my heels to leave.

“Don’t you dare go and see her,” my grandmother growled.

I turned around, her eyes were narrowed. She looked angry.

“You will go see Yeon Hee now, you have a lunch booking at the hotel.”

I snarled.

“You do it, or else Seung Ni will get it.”

My hand clenched into a fist, “You can’t do this.”

She nodded, “You know very well that I can.”

I closed my eyes.

“You think this is easy for me?” she said, “It hurts me to see my only grandson so disobedient. I didn’t want to raise you like this. You meet one girl, and you change so drastically.”

I gasped, this is unbelievable, now she was turning it back on me.

“I was so young when you sent me to boarding school.” I shouted, raising my hand, “Do you know how scared I was? Not a single person I knew,” I slammed my hand down, “I missed my mum, my dad, my sisters? You didn’t care.”

She sniggered, “You had Jaejoong, Yoochun, Yunho and Xiah.”

I shook my head, “I didn’t have my parents.” I walked over to the glass cabinet, my arms flailing, “I received certificates, I received medals, I received awards and not once did I see my parents or you.”

She shrugged, “It was all to make you stronger.”

I shook my head, “No, it didn’t make me stronger, it made me resent you more. Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s parents came every single time, almost every month.”

She closed her eyes, “And that’s why he’s a playboy now, he has not once helped out with the family.”

I snorted, “And Yoochun?”

She glared at me, “He didn’t meet a stupid girl.”

My jaw dropped, “I’ve done everything you’ve asked me all my life, I ask that you let me marry the one girl I want and you throw it all back in my face.”

She raised a shaking hand at me, “You!” she shouted, “Only last year did you beg that I let you marry Yeon Hee.”

I snorted, “She left me!” I growled, “She broke my heart.” I turned around, trying to expel some of the anger, “What brought her back ha? Did you promise her parents a hotel?”

My grandmother’s lips tighted.

“No,” I shook my head, “No, that’s not it,” I began pacing, “You only do things for your own benefits,” I turned to her, “What did they promise you?”

She inhaled loudly, “Ommo, ommo,” she gasped, “What did I do to deserve this?” she brought a hand to her forehead.

I snarled, “Do you know how hard I work for the hotels? I almost don’t sleep. I went to Business School in Korean and America, I went to all those conferences, all those stupid meetings that you would set me up on for the hotels. I never once argued. Now you’re taking away the love of my life, don’t you think you’ve crossed the boundary?”

She stood up, “She is not the love of your life.”

I shook my head, “No Halmeoni, that’s where you’re wrong. You may have been right sending me off to boarding school, sending me off to business school, running my life, my career, my freedom, but she is. She is the love of my life.”

“Ommo,” my grandmother gasped, “She’s blinded you.”

I shook my head, “No, GREED has blinded you.”

She stepped up to me, “Don’t you dare,”

I swallowed the lump in my throat, “What did they promise you? New land on the Gold Coast?”

Her hand came at me so fast, but I did cross the line. I swallowed hard, this is unbelievable.

She looked at me dead straight in the face, “Give me back Shim Changmin. I want my grandson back, where is he?”

I gasped.

“You be obedient now and go and see Yeon Hee, I don’t want to hear another word from you. You can try as hard as you can, but I garantee you there is no where else to run.”

I looked down at my feet.

“Now you be a good boy and go see Yeon Hee.”